Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covid for Christmas? Have an Onion!
I've got Covid!  Lucky me.

So, it started about 2 weeks ago, that is when I was exposed to it, from a co-worker.  I felt fine all last week, nothing but the head cold I had already had for over a week, along with everyone else at work.

Then Sunday hit.  My joints ached, to the point that walking hurt.  I took a  nap.
Same thing on Monday.
I really did not want to get tested, I didn't want to add to "the numbers".  But I broke down Tuesday and did it anyway, after a guilt trip from my son and husband.
Because of my symptoms, apparently they tested me for both influenza A & B, and the covid.  At least that is what the girl from the Dr. office said when she called me back, less than 2 hours later.  
So, Wed., my joints stopped aching so much, and I'm just tired, and taking naps every day.
Then, Christmas eve.  I lost my taste and smell.  That is just so weird!  And how can you still get cravings?  I did.  For dark chocolate.  Then you are so disappointed, because you can't taste it!!!!  It sucks!
Then the scary thing happened.  My biggest fear has always been, if I get it, I have COPD.  I don't want to end up in the hospital with this crap.  I'm afraid I won't make it out.
So, then last night, I get shortness of breath, and I feel like I can't get a deep enough breath.  
I got a little nervous.
Then, I remembered something I had read, in a book called "Plant medicine"
It was a story about his little daughter having breathing problems.
He cut up an onion, and put it on cloth diaper, on her chest, and she started breathing better.  So I searched " onion for lungs" and read lots of stuff about it working.
So, I cut up an onion, put it in my mortar, threw in a little coconut oil and beat the heck out of it.
Thankfully, since I can't smell, it doesn't bother me, and I rubbed the mix on my chest, and laid back in my chair.
It started working almost IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I could catch my breath!  I could get a deeper breath!

I wiped it off, after about an hour, and reapplied just the coconut oil, minus the onion chunks, before going to bed, and woke up feeling better, having slept the night through!

I was told today, to put slices of onion on the bottoms of my feet, and to wear socks to bed, that it will draw toxins out of your body.

I will never, not have onions in the house again!

Because I'm sure I will be going through all this again in a week or so, with the hubby and the son! tinyok
Onions huh?

I do not doubt it. Lots of remedies out there for things. I few years back I started drinking apple cider vinegar for some issues. Same sort of testament by lots of people saying it works. I gave it a try, lo and behold it worked. No one was more surprised than me. Now I really like it with some fruit juice. 

Thanks for the information and your treatment protocol. I wonder of this would work for other things too?
That's awesome!  Not that you got Covid, but that you found a simple "cure". 

I'm sure I had it the first week in January, 2020, before we even knew what it was. It was bad! I went through a couple of days of not being able to get a deep breath too, like you.
I brought out my trusted bottle of Colloidal Silver, Vitamin D3, and something else (I forget now).  Anyway, within 24 hours I was able to breath again. However, the bad cough hung on for several weeks. I should have bought some cough syrup, but I hate getting out in the cold.

I think I have the antibodies now, so I'm not worried about catching it again. If I do, it should only be a sniffle. 

Thanks for the information. Good to know for future reference.
Explanation: Get well soon ok.

As for Onions... get some into you as well eh!

Personal Disclosure: I LOVE Onions! tinyloveit tinyinlove 

I wonder if garlic and ginger would also help?

minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(12-26-2020, 04:02 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Onions huh?

I do not doubt it. Lots of remedies out there for things. I few years back I started drinking apple cider vinegar for some issues. Same sort of testament by lots of people saying it works. I gave it a try, lo and behold it worked. No one was more surprised than me. Now I really like it with some fruit juice. 

Thanks for the information and your treatment protocol. I wonder of this would work for other things too?

Yes.

Onions are good for the blood pressure, and purify the blood when taken internally - i.e. eaten. Fresh is better than cooked. Cooking removes some of the helpful volatiles. I've also used them with some success to prevent catching things like colds and flus.

My great grand dad used to keep a bowl of quartered onions on the kitchen table, and he'd eat a quarter of an onion every morning, just like eating a slice of apple. I never knew him to have a cold or flu the entire time I was acquainted with him. he lived into his 90's, and worked the fields every day of his life, right up to the end. I can still recall the shocks of hay he put up by hand, using a cradle scythe, a pitchfork, and a tall sapling pole to shock the hay up around. He did that right up to the end, and did it all by hand. He was a working machine.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-26-2020, 05:54 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote: I wonder if garlic and ginger would also help?

minusculebeercheers

Probably. Garlic contains some of the same volatiles that make onions effective, and it is good for the blood pressure, as a blood purifier, and to prevent colds and flus as well. Ginger is better used AFTER you catch a bug. It helps sweat out the bad things. Ground ginger root is something I put in hot toddies to get rid of a bug that's bothering me. For that, I use rum, ground ginger root, a bit of lemon juice, some sugar to make it palatable, and cinnamon. Cut it with just enough hot water to guzzle it down.

Hot peppers also help if you catch something. They can help sweat it out, but more importantly they break up the phlegm that collects in the lungs, and assist in preventing a cold from turning into pneumonia. Gotta eat 'em for it to work. Some folks can't quite hack that. I use them in chili to thin 'out the heat a little bit. I have been known to eat the hot sauce packs from Taco Bell, straight out of the pack. Between 20 and 40 minutes later, I'm hacking up a lung, but it clears 'em out so I can breathe better and rattle less. Before Taco bell was invented, I used to make hot sauce sandwiches. two slices of bread and some Texas Pete or McIlhenny's, and that's it.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Explanation: Thanks for that information @Ninurta ... may I also suggest two things more?

1stly getting ones salt levels and type right ...

[Wholistic Medicine] Unrefined Salts, Spinach And Seaweed!

And 2ndly Apple Cider Vinegar ...

6 Health Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, Backed by Science

Personal Disclosure: I take Apple Cider Vinegar with Raw Unboiled Honey, to sweeten it.

This may also help ...

Four thieves vinegar

minusculebeercheers 

Bonus reading for  spiritual health ...

Unwinding Time Travel Using Primordial QiGong, Herbal Alchemy And The Mandella Effect

minusculebiggrin
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(12-26-2020, 03:16 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I've got Covid!  Lucky me.

So, it started about 2 weeks ago, that is when I was exposed to it, from a co-worker.  I felt fine all last week, nothing but the head cold I had already had for over a week, along with everyone else at work.

Then Sunday hit.  My joints ached, to the point that walking hurt.  I took a  nap.
Same thing on Monday.
I really did not want to get tested, I didn't want to add to "the numbers".  But I broke down Tuesday and did it anyway, after a guilt trip from my son and husband.
Because of my symptoms, apparently they tested me for both influenza A & B, and the covid.  At least that is what the girl from the Dr. office said when she called me back, less than 2 hours later.  
So, Wed., my joints stopped aching so much, and I'm just tired, and taking naps every day.
Then, Christmas eve.  I lost my taste and smell.  That is just so weird!  And how can you still get cravings?  I did.  For dark chocolate.  Then you are so disappointed, because you can't taste it!!!!  It sucks!
Then the scary thing happened.  My biggest fear has always been, if I get it, I have COPD.  I don't want to end up in the hospital with this crap.  I'm afraid I won't make it out.
So, then last night, I get shortness of breath, and I feel like I can't get a deep enough breath.  
I got a little nervous.
Then, I remembered something I had read, in a book called "Plant medicine"
It was a story about his little daughter having breathing problems.
He cut up an onion, and put it on cloth diaper, on her chest, and she started breathing better.  So I searched " onion for lungs" and read lots of stuff about it working.
So, I cut up an onion, put it in my mortar, threw in a little coconut oil and beat the heck out of it.
Thankfully, since I can't smell, it doesn't bother me, and I rubbed the mix on my chest, and laid back in my chair.
It started working almost IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I could catch my breath!  I could get a deeper breath!

I wiped it off, after about an hour, and reapplied just the coconut oil, minus the onion chunks, before going to bed, and woke up feeling better, having slept the night through!

I was told today, to put slices of onion on the bottoms of my feet, and to wear socks to bed, that it will draw toxins out of your body.

I will never, not have onions in the house again!

Because I'm sure I will be going through all this again in a week or so, with the hubby and the son! tinyok
Most of my friends in Russia have had or have the virus, they describe the same as you. They hate the loss of smell and taste. Been Russian they used garlic. Its strange but they all said they have had worse flu. But they do tell that its hitting the old and sick hard.
Get well soon  minusculebeercheers
Saw this post on GAB. I've posted about the UV lights in my covid thread too.

[Image: 0d7c9a92ce11c72a.jpg]
(12-26-2020, 01:09 PM)Wallfire Wrote: Most of my friends in Russia have had or have the virus, they describe the same as you. They hate the loss of smell and taste. Been Russian they used garlic. Its strange but they all said they have had worse flu. But they do tell that its hitting the old and sick hard.
Get well soon  minusculebeercheers

Mom mom and her husband caught it. She's 82, which was cause for concern, but she told me that all she got out of it was "loss of appetite", nausea if she forced herself to eat anyhow, and a couple days of lethargy. Her husband had a temperature that spiked to 103 for a day, which is why they got tested to begin with. Both are doing fine now, and today is the last day of their quarantine. So it seems that, in their case at least, it's not quite the bear it has been made out to be.

(12-26-2020, 07:36 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Saw this post on GAB. I've posted about the UV lights in my covid thread too.

[Image: 0d7c9a92ce11c72a.jpg]

Interesting. I have a flashlight with a UV LED in it. 10 bucks at the auto parts store. Now I have whole NEW uses for it!

(12-26-2020, 10:04 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-26-2020, 04:02 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: Onions huh?

Yes.

Onions are good for the blood pressure, and purify the blood when taken internally - i.e. eaten. Fresh is better than cooked. Cooking removes some of the helpful volatiles. I've also used them with some success to prevent catching things like colds and flus.

My great grand dad used to keep a bowl of quartered onions on the kitchen table, and he'd eat a quarter of an onion every morning, just like eating a slice of apple. I never knew him to have a cold or flu the entire time I was acquainted with him. he lived into his 90's, and worked the fields every day of his life, right up to the end. I can still recall the shocks of hay he put up by hand, using a cradle scythe, a pitchfork, and a tall sapling pole to shock the hay up around. He did that right up to the end, and did it all by hand. He was a working machine.

My Grandmother swore onions cured her of Rickets in the old country. She also swore Gypsies stole her as a child and she was bitten by a werewolf. I am more prone to believe the onion story. Where she lived there was little to no medical help. Just old timey cures.
Thank you for all the great tips here.

I'm feeling a bit better, just have a lingering cough, and so tired, I sleep all night, then take a 3-4 hour nap during the day.

I am going to try to eat more raw onion.  Might as well do it now, while I can't taste anything, right?
(12-27-2020, 09:44 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Thank you for all the great tips here.

I'm feeling a bit better, just have a lingering cough, and so tired, I sleep all night, then take a 3-4 hour nap during the day.

I am going to try to eat more raw onion.  Might as well do it now, while I can't taste anything, right?

If you get the hot ones, they'll clear out the ol' sinuses, too!

Not keen on grabbing an onion like an apple and just chawing down  ? Try these onions With sour cream as a dip.
[Image: scallions-6x4.jpg]

[Image: 0266299.jpg]

[Image: Onion-rings.jpg]
These are great too....

Will certainly be praying for your recovery...
(12-27-2020, 09:44 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Thank you for all the great tips here.

Thinking of you and keeping you in my Prayers.

By the way, Yes, Raw Onions are Excellent for a natural treatment.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]