Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cryptids of Australia pt:1 & pt:2
HI, we have some Cryptid threads going on and I my husband watches this you-tuber.
Here is a couple from his channel.

Maybe once our Australian members come around, they'll have something to say.  minusculebeercheers
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Now there is a topic I never really read about before, in Australia anyway.

Thanks @"guohua"

minusculebeercheers
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(12-18-2020, 11:42 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: Now there is a topic I never really read about before, in Australia anyway.

Thanks @"guohua"

minusculebeercheers

You're Very Welcome. tinyinlove
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Will watch later, but damn, as if Australia needs cryptids on top of all the other shit that will kill you there  tinylaughing
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(12-18-2020, 11:59 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: Will watch later, but damn, as if Australia needs cryptids on top of all the other shit that will kill you there  tinylaughing

No joke.
(12-18-2020, 09:26 PM)guohua Wrote: HI, we have some Cryptid threads going on and I my husband watches this you-tuber.
Here is a couple from his channel.

Maybe once our Australian members come around, they'll have something to say.  minusculebeercheers
Australia is a big place with not a lot of people so plenty of places to not be seen . Im giving half these cryptids a chance of being real .
I find it interesting that all aboriginal history, from everywhere in the world, has stories of human/animal beings.

It makes me wonder if our egos and our belief in our superior intelligence may be helping us miss what may be right in front of our faces.

I think we should take a lot closer, and less bigoted look at what the oldest and greatest civilization have to say about it.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

That was a good watch.

A couple there I had no knowledge about.  Learnt something.

Considering they reckon the aboriginal culture extends back 40,000 years then some stories of creatures, whether passed in story telling, song or painting is credible.  Who knows what other odd animals were about back then.

I have one song here at home written out for my daughter (5 at the time) when she went to an aboriginal school in the Tanami while we lived there (20 years ago).  The song relates to a crashed UFO and the subsequent description of the being recovered from the wreckage.  They said it's a true story.

Kind regards,

Bally :)
I have a friend who was some sort of ranger in Australia. He lived in Albany, but roamed the Outback. He told me once that some tribal elders showed him a bird's wing feather that was around 4 feet long.

Australia is a big place, that still has a lot of empty places, There might be "things" still out there.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-22-2020, 07:42 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I have a friend who was some sort of ranger in Australia. He lived in Albany, but roamed the Outback. He told me once that some tribal elders showed him a bird's wing feather that was around 4 feet long.

Australia is a big place, that still has a lot of empty places, There might be "things" still out there.

We hear often of overpopulation, but there are still huge expanses of unpopulated land on this planet.

I am sure there are many living things still out there that are smart enough to stay hidden from man.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

The latest 'Cryptid' from Down-Under!
tinyhuh

Quote:I was stalked by terrifying ‘dog man’ monster in Aussie bush and have picture ‘proof’, bloke bizarrely claims

'A man has bizarrely claimed he was stalked by a terrifying "dog man" monster in the Australian outback
-and even says he has picture "proof". The fisherman, called John, wildly claims he was left "petrified for a
month" after encountering the supposed "half-dog, half-human creature" on two separate occasions.

Speaking on the Believe: Paranormal & UFO Podcast, the Aussie insisted he was "followed" by what he
has branded a "dog man" - and claims he "thought he was going to be killed".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10369]
The Dog-Man.

John was fishing from his kayak on Boxing Day last year when he says the first incident happened.
"I noticed that every time I took a stroke with the paddle of my kayak, whatever this thing was, it was taking a
stride to each paddle I was taking," he said.

“I stopped for a bit and the sound stopped in the bush too, and I thought it was a bit odd.
"So I took off paddling again, and sure enough as soon as I started to paddle every stroke, this thing would
take a step. "So whatever it was, this thing was following me, it wasn’t a coincidence or anything. It was more
of a stalk." Freaked out, John took a snap and claims he captured the "dog man" on camera.

“The creature, I actually got it in the photo, what I think it is - I’ve spoken to a few people - and I reckon it’s a
Dog Man,” he added. “After that I couldn’t go back to the area to check it out by myself, I was petrified for
probably a month after it. "I was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the creature in my dreams."

Although he was "petrified", John once again returned to the bush for another fishing trip and says he heard a
"bit of a bang" followed by the sound of someone - or something - running.
“As it was running, it was smashing trees out of the way," he added.

"I don’t know if they were breaking or it was hitting them, you couldn’t see what the bush was like because it was
so thick. John said the "dog man" then started to "roar" as he spent 10 minutes trying to escape back to the safety
of his car.

'TERRIFYING'
“I’d never heard anything like it in my life,” he said. “It would roar, and then it would take a breath in, but then the breath
it was taking was actually louder than the roar it was doing. “This creature just went to another level and it was crazy.
I could hear in my head something saying, ‘go now or you’ll die’. It wasn’t my own voice, my own consciousness, it
was something else.

“That 10 minutes was probably the longest in my whole life, I thought I was going to be killed. I had no weapons, didn’t
even have my fishing knife, no phone service.” Despite his outlandish claims, John has insisted he's not barking up
the wrong tree with his suggestion of a "dog man" existing - and fears someone could "get hurt".

"I’d heard about it (the dog man), and thought it was a joke, but actually I’ve had encounters with it now and it’s terrifying,"
he said. “I wouldn’t be putting myself out showing these photos if it was a fake, or I didn’t know that there was actually
something there.

“That’s the main reason I came forward, I’m worried that someone’s going to go missing or get hurt, and I’ll have it in
the back of my mind that I should have told someone about that.”...'
Archived Sun Source:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Maybe it's my old eyes, but I just can't form a dog, or a man, or a dog-man out of that shadow in the bushes. On the other hand, I wasn't aware that dog-men were a thing elsewhere beyond North America, the British movie "Dog Soldiers" notwithstanding..

I need to get out more.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-22-2021, 11:20 PM)BIAD Wrote: The latest 'Cryptid' from Down-Under!
tinyhuh

Quote:I was stalked by terrifying ‘dog man’ monster in Aussie bush and have picture ‘proof’, bloke bizarrely claims

'A man has bizarrely claimed he was stalked by a terrifying "dog man" monster in the Australian outback
-and even says he has picture "proof". The fisherman, called John, wildly claims he was left "petrified for a
month" after encountering the supposed "half-dog, half-human creature" on two separate occasions.

Speaking on the Believe: Paranormal & UFO Podcast, the Aussie insisted he was "followed" by what he
has branded a "dog man" - and claims he "thought he was going to be killed".

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10369]
The Dog-Man.

John was fishing from his kayak on Boxing Day last year when he says the first incident happened.
"I noticed that every time I took a stroke with the paddle of my kayak, whatever this thing was, it was taking a
stride to each paddle I was taking," he said.

“I stopped for a bit and the sound stopped in the bush too, and I thought it was a bit odd.
"So I took off paddling again, and sure enough as soon as I started to paddle every stroke, this thing would
take a step. "So whatever it was, this thing was following me, it wasn’t a coincidence or anything. It was more
of a stalk." Freaked out, John took a snap and claims he captured the "dog man" on camera.

“The creature, I actually got it in the photo, what I think it is - I’ve spoken to a few people - and I reckon it’s a
Dog Man,” he added. “After that I couldn’t go back to the area to check it out by myself, I was petrified for
probably a month after it. "I was waking up in the middle of the night and seeing the creature in my dreams."

Although he was "petrified", John once again returned to the bush for another fishing trip and says he heard a
"bit of a bang" followed by the sound of someone - or something - running.
“As it was running, it was smashing trees out of the way," he added.

"I don’t know if they were breaking or it was hitting them, you couldn’t see what the bush was like because it was
so thick. John said the "dog man" then started to "roar" as he spent 10 minutes trying to escape back to the safety
of his car.

'TERRIFYING'
“I’d never heard anything like it in my life,” he said. “It would roar, and then it would take a breath in, but then the breath
it was taking was actually louder than the roar it was doing. “This creature just went to another level and it was crazy.
I could hear in my head something saying, ‘go now or you’ll die’. It wasn’t my own voice, my own consciousness, it
was something else.

“That 10 minutes was probably the longest in my whole life, I thought I was going to be killed. I had no weapons, didn’t
even have my fishing knife, no phone service.” Despite his outlandish claims, John has insisted he's not barking up
the wrong tree with his suggestion of a "dog man" existing - and fears someone could "get hurt".

"I’d heard about it (the dog man), and thought it was a joke, but actually I’ve had encounters with it now and it’s terrifying,"
he said. “I wouldn’t be putting myself out showing these photos if it was a fake, or I didn’t know that there was actually
something there.

“That’s the main reason I came forward, I’m worried that someone’s going to go missing or get hurt, and I’ll have it in
the back of my mind that I should have told someone about that.”...'
Archived Sun Source:

Cheers for the update.  I tried doing a bit of research on this.  Would like to know the location, river and nearby localities.  I can't make the object out.  We have very large grey male kangaroos where I live.  Some stand head and shoulders above most.  Not common but do see them, even on my selection, every now and then.

I'll get ribbed for this, but, have on occasions seen large deer. (Not native here).    After the fires here 2 years ago a lot of fences burnt.  Loads of cattle and stray horses coursed through the area and now the bush has regenerated you occasionally see them in the bush.  Big wild buggers. 

During my research I can across an Aussie U-tube site named "Where's my Yowie" .  Never heard of it.  Mentioned an incident back in the years of a wild thing seen in the bush at my locality, Nymboida NSW.  Made the local rag back them.  Seems locals back then dismissed it as a large roo.

I can say I have come across a large buck roo in the shallows of the creek on my driveway.  Although very close we stopped and stared at each other.  He stood head and shoulders above me.  I backed away cause they an get angry when protecting females. 

Thanks, I'll keep looking for this dog man location.

Kind regards,

(11-23-2021, 09:16 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Thanks, I'll keep looking for this dog man location.

Kind regards,

One of the main problems is the media take these sightings as a joke -even though they are fully aware of their potency
with their readers. Often, a mundane political story gets past over by the reader/viewer for a more upbeat article as the
one above, but because of lack of MSM background investigation and fear of ridicule, it's merely tossed in like many unusual
tales that the public offer and delivered with a tongue-in-cheek aspect to the writing.

And due to the clamour for ratings and sales, hard-headed facts like location, dates and names are forgotten... important
features that would not only give credibility to an article, but also give the impression of trust from the reader to the medium
such stories are acquired.
Sadly, the cake is lost because it's believed the public only want the icing!
minusculethumbsup
What ever it is, or they are, they are humanoid. 

Actually smarter then us because they can live off the land and remain hidden. They are one with the Earth, much as dolphins are. We, as humans, need technology to survive, where as they don't. 

I know, crazy thinking, or is it?
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-24-2021, 11:37 AM)kdog Wrote: What ever it is, or they are, they are humanoid. 

Actually smarter then us because they can live off the land and remain hidden. They are one with the Earth, much as dolphins are. We, as humans, need technology to survive, where as they don't. 

I agree.
minusculethumbsup

If it's accepted these things exist, their continued existence is based on far-more than just an intelligence similar-or better,
than humans. The beings we call 'Bigfoot' don't 'survive' out in the forests, that's our term that we perceive them as and this
compounds an assumption that they are animal-like.

With a shaggy outer-coating, a lack of what we would accept as a domicile and an assumed failure to use fire, degrades
the idea that they are 'enlightened' in the manner we accept. Humans tend to think that if no animal wear clothes, they
therefore are lower in the ability to acquire and apply knowledge along with skills.

But if comfort or protection from the elements is so important in survival, why do some birds not migrate to warmer climes...?
Why do sea-creatures not bask in equatorial waters throughout the year? In the animal kingdom, food is top of the list along
with procreation. So naturally, animals will -at times during functions to succeed in these needs, come into contact with humans.
This is deemed opportunistic and holds no long-term planning or engrained principle. 

If avoidence with humans is paramount in their continuation as a species, the clues to human presence can quickly be merged
into a collection on a very base level. But does a falcon avoid being seen by a human? Does a whale flee from the sound of a
human swimming in its domain? No.

The simple answer is they don't trust us, a sign of intelligence far beyond the animalistic alarms of danger. It indicates a virtue
within the Bigfoot species that derives from self-awareness that we -only, believe we possess. 

We've convinced ourselves that man came from ape and any side-branches died-out because we either destroyed them or
they just weren't good enough to survive. We construct, we destroy, we invade, we conquer. We pretend to be guardians of the
planet and we do it alone because we walk upright and contemplate the atom.

Imagine if -contraptions and machines aside, another species knows what we think of ourselves and uses it to remain hidden.
It's not about trail-cams or listening devices, these are just implements that humans use. It's the very presence that a human
has ventured into their area that is significant to them. We're noisy, we perceive the world from our position and ergo, incapable
of putting ourselves in their large shoes!

They make 'mistakes' just like we do, but their inquisitiveness is soundly bridled by the belief that their freedom would be lost
by making themselves known. Now how could such a conviction be absorbed into an entire species unless it was part of their
natural continuation?

They know us and they know what we can do to them. An animal doesn't think on that level.
As the media quietly moves into the Christmas period of using up non-time-sensitive stories, The Sun and
others report on a 4th December incident with a Yowie that seems to have taken ten days to surface.

Quote:YOW-ZER We were confronted by a Bigfoot-like ‘Yowie’ apeman on our way home from work –it was absolutely terrifying

'Three men have told how they encountered an apparent Bigfoot-like "Yowie" as they travelled home from work -leaving them terrified.
The men, from remote Queensland, Australia, have claimed they came across the beast while driving home earlier this month.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10502]

The Courier Mail reported the three plantation workers were driving on Saturday, December 4 to the Jimna Base Camp in Australia
when they spotted the animal. They said they spotted the “slouched over figure” under a street light and when the figure noticed them,
it turned in their direction.

Seamus Fitzgerald told The Courier Mail described the mysterious figure as having “very long arms” and an “apelike” face.
He said: “We initially thought it was a boar or a really big animal until we got closer and saw it runoff in a very apelike way.
“I’ve never really had a paranormal or strange experience like that before.
"I hardly slept that night and the feeling was overwhelming that I had seen something that I never believed in previously.”

Workmate Stirling Slocock-Bennett said the group was immediately confused when it crossed paths with the unknown entity.
He said: “We were in utter disbelief of what we were seeing. “It definitely was a scary moment for me, as I said I was so
confused and shook of what we were seeing, and as we got closer and closer it didn’t make sense like you’d hope.”

Locals from the tiny town of Jimna, with a population of just 91 people, have reportedly claimed to have seen evidence of the
supposed Yowie before. Mr Slocock-Bennett said: “We went on a few hikes after to see it, but sadly they weren’t organised
very well, too many people and too loud. “However after speaking to locals it seems the Yowies are pushed out in storms.”

In 2019, an expert tracker claimed the legendary beast, who is believed to be an 8ft-tall Bigfoot-like creature, has been
repeatedly sighted in the outback. Dean Harrison, from Australian Yowie Research, said he has first-hand experience of
the beast and has received hundreds of reports of the animal from all over Australia.

Dean said that generally, reports claim the Yowie has orangey-brown hair, and the hair is typically around two to four inches
in length. Dean said: “It was like nothing I had ever seen before in my entire life, I knew I had to move, and the moment I did
this thing roared.

“I thought I was going to die, but then it started running ahead of me and so I veered away from the forest tree line.
“The woman I was on the phone to, heard the whole thing. It was a life-changing event, something you can’t let go.”

Mr Fitzgerald said he never previously believed in the existence of Yowies but said the experience had prompted him to go
looking for another sighting. He said: “I’m very intrigued to find out what other people have seen and experienced."...'
The Sun:

(11-24-2021, 01:27 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-24-2021, 11:37 AM)kdog Wrote: What ever it is, or they are, they are humanoid. 

I agree.
minusculethumbsup

If it's accepted these things exist, their continued existence is based on far-more than just an intelligence similar-or better,
than humans. The beings we call 'Bigfoot' don't 'survive' out in the forests, that's our term that we perceive them as and this
compounds an assumption that they are animal-like.

With a shaggy outer-coating, a lack of what we would accept as a domicile and an assumed failure to use fire, degrades
the idea that they are 'enlightened' in the manner we accept. Humans tend to think that if no animal wear clothes, they
therefore are lower in the ability to acquire and apply knowledge along with skills.

You are correct in putting 'survive' in quotes. They don't "survive" in the wilderness, they "live" there - just as surely as we live in our houses, rather than merely "survive" in them.

I'm not so sure they are entirely devoid of technology, though. My son sent me the following photos from his patch in West Virginia. He is of the opinion that the marks were created by a Bigfoot living in his world. The marks appear to me to have been made by an axe, but they are too far off the ground to have been made by a man with an axe. My son, in the photo, is 6' 6" tall, putting the marks around 8 or 9 feet off the ground. note that the marks are horizontal, rather than angled as a man with an axe would have left at that height.

Now, I'm not saying that Bigfoot went down to Home Depot and bought an axe. It could have been a stone axe, like a hand axe, or a stolen iron axe from one of the homesteads around there - But I am as sure as can be that the marks were made by some sort of axe, and that they are at the wrong angle for a normal sized human to make at that distance from the ground.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10503]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10504]

(12-15-2021, 10:49 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...Now, I'm not saying that Bigfoot went down to Home Depot and bought an axe.
It could have been a stone axe, like a hand axe, or a stolen iron axe from one of the homesteads around there - But I am as sure
as can be that the marks were made by some sort of axe, and that they are at the wrong angle for a normal sized human to make
at that distance from the ground.

It could be the latter, an axe taken or found that came from humans.
This doesn't imply a lack of tool-making on their part, but is a suggestion based on how we would think if such a need arises.
We wouldn't create a tool from scratch, we would acquire it based on availability, then why wouldn't they just do the same?

I believe that there are many obstacles we need to overcome to be able to grasp what these things are.
For instance, the lack of a physical body or down-right visual evidence causes the current balance of how we communally
perceive the Sasquatch.

When we say 'Bigfoot', the topic falls into the category of a silly folklore and yet, the title 'Sasquatch' demands a respect
-not because of the creature possibly existing, but due to the term deriving from Native Americans and some strange inner
-guilt that their legends and current accounts of a hairy North American biped cannot be aligned.

But that aside, the lack of accepted evidence leads humans to three obvious conclusions. Two are the usual ones and third
rarely touched because of the outlandish idea that what we presume the animal kingdom is, might not be.

1. There's no positive evidence of Bigfoot because it doesn't exist.
The standard position and based on a rational assumption. Humans falsify for gain and I don't think we need to belabour
the obvious.

2. The public believe the science that there were branches in the human evolution (notice it's 'Human' and belongs to us!)
But the same guys tell us they all died-out because of this same process. Evolving drops previous traits for better ones
and since man is deemed the result of this constant changing (that has somehow stopped with us?!), the ones who
came before just faded away because we-today, are the result of natural selection.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10508]

3. The notion that no other creature on this planet holds the essence that we call 'humanity'. It is accepted that we are the only
ones that have moral awareness and knowing what is right-and-wrong for more than oneself. If a creature hides, it is because
it fears for its life and not because it fears mankind. Sasquatch does not embrace betterment, does not seek the comforts we
enjoy and does not display a conscience to a deity.

Therefore, with no modern bones in the ground to find, no self-awareness to step out of the forest and greet us an equal and a
behaviour not too dissimilar to animals, it cannot exist. But when placed the category of animal, we can say that science looked
for it and failed to find it.

But I believe the Sasquatch exist and what I also believe is they don't avoid us, in general they've shunned us.

(12-15-2021, 06:02 PM)BIAD Wrote: But I believe the Sasquatch exist and what I also believe is they don't avoid us, in general they've shunned us.

You may be on to something there - on balance, I wouldn't admit to being related to me!