Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When the wheel falls off.
Hi good Rogue people'

Little story here and I will post a pic when 'true love' comes home.

So 'truey' (missus) and son (child No. 7.) headed into the 'big smoke' (town) for some shopping and xmas prezzies.  Me, I went to work this morning and did what I could.  Came home. Raining heavily in our neck of the woods.  So I'm back at home and truey (before they leave)  asked if I'd like to join her and number '7' .  I says, "Yeah,,,, Nah."  Stayed at home.  There was the biggest mob of alcoholic beverages to be had.  Kinda like a 'licorice all sorts'. 

I was instructed by 'true love' to do 'stuff'.  "Sure" I answered.  I got that terrible laser type one-eyed look.  I gave the fridge a glance.

In my mind, the left side of my left over brain was sounding alarms, not bells, but that song "Yoo-Hoo.".

'7' is the last of our children to remain at home.  He and 'true love drove' off to the 'verbotin regions' (town) to do shopping.

"YES"  time to myself. 

So I get's myself together after a couple of 'Cougar' bourbons.  A break in the rain.  Starts picking up recent pruning from the citrus, apple and pear trees, stacks them on the spit fire pit, (nothin like aged fruit tree pruning's for a good spit roast.).  'Great';  Cracks a frothie.

Goes to "Timmy".  'Timmy' is my tractor.  Not a flash one.  Old.  2 cylinder diesel Italian (SAME) job. Fuels him up. Grabs my frothie and a rollie.  Lights us both up.  Sets the 'slasher' and away we go.  The 'slasher' is set to cutting low and starts taking out a corridor of high grass growing from the recent heavy rains.  I drive from one paddock to the next and navigate my way through a couple of left over old burnt fence posts (Lat years fire) and engage the throttle.  Off we go 'Timmy' (my name for the tractor). me, beer and rollie in the rain.  We're cuttin mate!   Doin a job for 'true love'. She'll be proud.  

I rounds the back yard to start my first run up to the house then down. I starts drinking a bottle. And 'choofin' a rollie (tobacco).  No need for hands, the throttle is set.

The passing scenery stopped while the engine revved at 2 and a half.  Slasher sent mud everywhere and sloppy slush from the rear tyres  started falling about like spray.  I shuts down to idle.  Thinks,,,'I'm obviously bogged'.  Sure enough I'm sunk.  I survey the situation.  Chucks back another gulp.  Looking.  Looking.  "What's that there stupid?" (Goes through my mind).  It's the wheel from the front left of 'Timmy' lying in the mud to, of all places, my right side.

"Crikey, Strewth, Goddammit" Try to do the right thing and shit happens.  So to cut a longer story short I spent about an hour trying to resolve the situ.  Rain started pissing down.  Nup, up to the house to think this whole incident over.  I came to the conclusion hat I'll leave the 'crime scene' where it is,  Leastways 'truey' will believe me.  

As if, on cue, the phone rings.  Yes, it's 'truey'.  She asks,"be home in about 2 hours, anything you want?"  I answered, "Yeah,,, nah but I could do with a new tractor, Timmy is sunk, lost a wheel mate."

I explained what happened, the tragic circumstances and why I can't do nothin because of the massive epic torrential down pour I'm experiencing.  Did the old sadness thing.

Truey asks concerned, " Are you alright mate, I know you love 'Timmy'.'

I replied,"yeah,,,nah...but I could with another bottle of 'cougar', I'm devastated honey bunny."

"No wukkers pookie poo.  Hang in there."  (Gotta love truey)

So, here I sit pouring out this story, chucking back frothies and choofin on my rollie tobacco.  

My 'Oscar' performance is to come.

I will send pics of the 'crime scene' when 'true love' comes home.  She has the iPhone.  I'll point, saying, "Look. look, here. Get a pic of that"  Laying on the bullshit drama of it all.

More to come,

Kindest regards,

Bally:)
Well, at least you were up to work that needed to be done.

Can the tractor be repaired?  I assume yes.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Milk it for all it's worth, bro!

I find that snatching a hair out of the nose sudden-like will bring a tear to the eye...

... use the Force!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(12-17-2020, 06:48 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Well, at least you were up to work that needed to be done.

Cheers

Thanks for asking.  Timmy is fine but sunk to the diff and missing his wheel.  New experience for me.  Never thought I'd be driving me tractor and the wheel would drop off.  

It was a kinda stunning WTF moment for me.  Haven't had one of those since last years bush fires when the hose pressure stopped and the water gave out.  You know, flames all around in the middle of the night and WTF!!! looking at the nozzle. 

Rain is pissing down now.  Creek crossing on the driveway is flooded and water has started seeping through one of the house rock walls.  Thinking of the pressure behind that wall building up.  Should hold though.  It's about a foot thick and there's ability for the water to flow away.  Thunder, lighting and the sounds of heavy rain falling onto the corrugate roof.  One of those good sleep nights snuggled up to truey's bum haha.

Kind regards,

(12-17-2020, 06:59 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Milk it for all it's worth, bro!

I find that snatching a hair out of the nose sudden-like will bring a tear to the eye...

... use the Force!

Missus surveyed the damage from the verandah due to rain.  Looked impressive from this perspective.  Sorta like the tractor is sinking.  Could be too.  lol.  

I took your words to heart and looked her in the eye and said, "That was lucky aye!"

I gave a little shiver.

She said, "That's enough, stop it."

Dammit!  Life on the hobby farm.

Kind regards,

Bally
(12-17-2020, 06:48 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Well, at least you were up to work that needed to be done.

Cheers

[Image: Tractor.jpg]

[Image: Tractor-3.jpg]

[Image: Tractor-2.jpg]

There you go mate.  Should be an easy fix but I'm not doing until the rain stops.

minusculebeercheers  Bally:)
Poor little Timmy. Was Lassie around when this happened?  Anyway glad you're ok. You don't need a tractor rolling over on ya. Lots of farmers have died from that and the PTO.
minusculebeercheers
MEN! smalltappingfoot
@"Bally002" 

Looks like Timmy could use a replacement headlamp as well!

Wondering about that axle sag where the wheel is missing.  Hopefully not bent.

@"Mystic Wanderer" 

You have to understand.  We're talking tractors here.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-17-2020, 06:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
MEN! smalltappingfoot

Not just men. 

I lost the wheel to my mower, same front left tire, just a month ago. Mine is much smaller, and the wheel did not come completely off, which was a blessing.

It took a great effort to fix it, with the help of my brother and a neighbor. I would have been in some hot water that I can't afford, if it had not been for those beautiful, machine drawn MEN!   tinylaughing

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(12-17-2020, 06:23 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
MEN! smalltappingfoot

Whatever do you mean?   mediumitwasntme Saywhat apologies chill
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

@"Ninurta", I mean the way you "guys" squeeze every ounce of "sympathy" you can from your plight to make your woman feel sorry for you; get attention.  Especially when you're sick. Most men act like three year olds, especially my hubby.
(12-17-2020, 11:22 AM)Bally002 Wrote: There you go mate.  Should be an easy fix but I'm not doing until the rain stops.

We here at RN have faith in your abilities.
tinybiggrin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8811]
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-17-2020, 07:55 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", I mean the way you "guys" squeeze every ounce of "sympathy" you can from your plight to make your woman feel sorry for you; get attention.  Especially when you're sick. Most men act like three year olds, especially my hubby.

Yeah, agree, but it's fun with truey.

Always a laugh.

We both got a giggle over the wheel coming off.  Grass will grow a little longer this week.  I bought some new cutter blades for the ride-on mower.  I've wrapped them and placed them under the tree for truey at xmas.  She is getting a lot this year.  New tea towels, packet of pegs, dish brush and something I've never bought her before, new filter bags for the vacuum cleaner.  

minusculebeercheers

Kind regards,

(12-17-2020, 08:53 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 11:22 AM)Bally002 Wrote: There you go mate.  Should be an easy fix but I'm not doing until the rain stops.

We here at RN have faith in your abilities.
tinybiggrin

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8811]

Lol.  Spank you mate.  Actually looks like Timmy in the banner.  My abilities extend to arms length with some frothies while I chew the fat over the little Italian built tractor.  Bit soft where he is a present.  Will have to remove the slasher and try and drive or tow him out mit 3 wheels.

Kinda reminds me of 'Girlie' cept this time there won't be any vet bills.  Home surgery for little Timmy.

Kind regards,

(12-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Bally002 Wrote: We both got a giggle over the wheel coming off.  Grass will grow a little longer this week.  I bought some new cutter blades for the ride-on mower.  I've wrapped them and placed them under the tree for truey at xmas.  She is getting a lot this year.  New tea towels, packet of pegs, dish brush and something I've never bought her before, new filter bags for the vacuum cleaner.  

minusculebeercheers

Kind regards,

If Truey is the least bit like me, she will be thrilled. 

I love practical gifts that I will actually use, over a bunch of stuff that sits in boxes, taking up space on a shelf, or in the attic.

I am a sucker for scented candles though, and no matter how pretty they are, they will be lit. What good is a candle if you don't burn it. Oh! and tea. Almost any kind of tea. Oh! and socks. The big bulky ones.

Otherwise, gift me a box of trash bags and I will be thrilled.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(12-17-2020, 10:02 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 08:54 PM)Bally002 Wrote: We both got a giggle over the wheel coming off.  Grass will grow a little longer this week.  I bought some new cutter blades for the ride-on mower.  I've wrapped them and placed them under the tree for truey at xmas.  She is getting a lot this year.  New tea towels, packet of pegs, dish brush and something I've never bought her before, new filter bags for the vacuum cleaner.  

minusculebeercheers

Kind regards,

If Truey is the least bit like me, she will be thrilled. 

I love practical gifts that I will actually use, over a bunch of stuff that sits in boxes, taking up space on a shelf, or in the attic.

I am a sucker for scented candles though, and no matter how pretty they are, they will be lit. What good is a candle if you don't burn it. Oh! and tea. Almost any kind of tea. Oh! and socks. The big bulky ones.

Otherwise, gift me a box of trash bags and I will be thrilled.

Trash bags, now that gives me an idea.  My older son who lives (share accommodation) and works in the main town will be here for xmas day so 'truey' and I boxed him up a survival kit of his fav foods.  He likes cooking.

You have a great Christmas day mate.

Kind regards,

MEN!

[Image: 131900434_10157596118612051_744272893389...e=60032808]
(12-18-2020, 01:39 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
MEN!

Grace asked me what was the male equivalent of a dozen roses, a "just because" sort of gift. I immediately answered "a box of ammo".

Grace frowned, and I still don't know why...

(12-19-2020, 12:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-18-2020, 01:39 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
MEN!

Grace asked me what was the male equivalent of a dozen roses, a "just because" sort of gift. I immediately answered "a box of ammo".

Grace frowned, and I still don't know why...

[Image: 340?cb=20160807152114] or [Image: 4SgB.gif] There Rose and Fire Power,,,,, What more does a Woman Need.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]