Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is CGI Going To Be The Death Of Hollywood As We Know It?
I tripped up on another Netflix series Love Death + Robots. I had no idea what to expect, and had not heard anything about it, so I was a little more than pleasantly surprised.

A little back story. I hate most animated productions. I will suffer through the holiday stuff with family,  animation is not my preference.

I was given an app a while back that gives me access to almost any program, movie, or video. The only thing I don't like about it is, that if you don't know what to look for, you have to shuffle through a lot of junk.

I clicked on Love Death + Robots by mistake. I am glad I did. 

I started out with computer graphic stick figures being a jump up from text. Though I still love Zork, Leisure Suit Larry was what I thought was a jump into the future. The last video game I played was Journey, so I am truly surprised at how far they have come with CGI.

Not all of the eighteen short stories are CGI, but they have quite a few that I found impressive, and a possible future threat to production sets and movie stars.

I can see it completely changing movie production as we know it. 

Quote:Love Death + Robots
2019 ‧ Animation ‧ 1 season

This collection of animated short stories spans several genres, including science fiction, fantasy, horror and comedy. World-class animation creators bring captivating stories to life in the form of a unique and visceral viewing experience. The animated anthology series includes tales that explore alternate histories, life for robots in a post-apocalyptic city and a plot for world domination by super-intelligent yogurt. Among the show's executive producers is Oscar-nominated director David Fincher.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

One can hope that it spells the death of Hollywood, and their overpriced gaggle of propagandists.

It's much cheaper in the long run to program an actor than it is to hire a real one. The programmed actor doesn't demand residuals, and once programmed, you don't have to pay them exorbitant amounts to appear in each new movie and deliver a lackluster performance.

They are far more reliable at saying exactly what the programmers want them to say, without delivering embarrassing and unscripted adlibs. This makes the spread of propaganda much more reliable.

So, yeah, All Hail the New AI Masters!

But now I gotta hunt down that show....

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’