Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[France] It's Super-Soldier Time, Folks!
It seems that the running-battles in the streets of Paris, the burning of churches by cheering Muslims
and the bat-flu aren't enough for President Macron's plate and so, he wants cyborgs to solve his problems.
tinycrying

Quote:France to start research into 'enhanced soldiers'

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8772]

'The French armed forces have been given the go-ahead to start research on developing "enhanced soldiers".
A report laid out conditions under which work on implants and other technologies designed to improve battlefield
performance should be carried out in the future.
The report stresses that other nations are exploring such possibilities, and that France must keep up.

Defence Minister Florence Parly has emphasised the need to look ahead.
In a speech last week she said France had no immediate plans to develop "invasive" technology for soldiers.
"But we must face the facts," she added. "Not everyone shares our scruples and we must be prepared for
whatever the future holds."
She said "ways to maintain our operational superiority without turning our backs on our values" must be explored.

Details of the report by the military ethics committee were released on Tuesday.
"Human beings have long sought ways to increase their physical or cognitive abilities in order to fight wars," it warned.
"Possible advances could ultimately lead to capacity enhancements being introduced into soldiers' bodies."

The report mentioned research on implants that could "improve cerebral capacity" or help soldiers tell enemy from ally.
These could also allow commanders to locate them or read their vital signs from a distance.

Drawing clear ethical lines, the document noted, was "therefore essential". It said eugenic or genetic practices should
be banned, as well as anything "that could jeopardise the soldier's integration into society or return to civilian life".
In her speech, Ms Parly noted that in civilian fields, work on neural implants for humans was proceeding apace.

This year Elon Musk unveiled a pig called Gertrude with a coin-sized computer chip in her brain, to demonstrate his
ambitious plans to create a working brain-to-machine interface...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
They already have super soldiers out there. Ones that work for the dark side, and ones that work for the good side.

This topic is almost as hush-hush as the UFO topic, if not more.

I've watched a channel on YT for years about super soldiers telling their stories. I don't know if the channel is still up; haven't looked for it in a long time.
French "super-soldiers"? 

Does that mean the French military may one day in the distant future rise to almost Boy Scout level? Will they issue them white surrender flags instead of the piss-yellow bedsheets they currently use?

Be afraid... be VERY afraid...

... but I doubt I will be.

Kinda like the Chinese "super soldier" genetic experiments going on right now. Was talking to a fine young man today, and we decided that a 4 1/2 foot tall "super soldier" falls just as hard as a 4 1/2 foot tall regular soldier when a 5.56 zips through his brain pan at 3200 feet per second, whether there are any trees in the forest to witness it or not.

"Super soldiers" are, for the most part, someone's pipe dream. If they don't already have a natural ability and more importantly mind set, no amount of "augmentation" is going to make them any deadlier. There ARE "super soldiers" in existence, but nature make's 'em, not implanted tech.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

These kind of reports have surfaced on and off for about 20 years now.

Some of it is true; things like night vision devices are fairly incredible now.  Land navigation is much more accurate as long as no one is diddling the navigation signal.  Body armor offers more protection etc.

The downside is that all the tech makes for very expensive individual soldiers.  This is one reason why Western forces strive very hard to avoid casualty-intensive fights these days.

It doesn't always work; in one sense, the Vietnam War was a clash of Asian manpower versus American technology.  The Viets took very heavy casualties ... but they were willing to do so, and it won the war for them.

I doubt bionically enhanced soldiers will change the basic equation very much, other than to make already expensive modern soldiers even more expensive.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-10-2020, 10:05 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: These kind of reports have surfaced on and off for about 20 years now.

Some of it is true; things like night vision devices are fairly incredible now.
Land navigation is much more accurate as long as no one is diddling the navigation signal.  Body armor offers more protection etc.
The downside is that all the tech makes for very expensive individual soldiers.  This is one reason why Western forces strive very
hard to avoid casualty-intensive fights these days.

It doesn't always work; in one sense, the Vietnam War was a clash of Asian manpower versus American technology.
The Viets took very heavy casualties ... but they were willing to do so, and it won the war for them.
I doubt bionically enhanced soldiers will change the basic equation very much, other than to make already expensive modern
soldiers even more expensive...

Yeah I think you're right, it was probably just a fluff-piece.
After all, when they state:

"...This year Elon Musk unveiled a pig called Gertrude with a coin-sized computer chip in her brain, to demonstrate his
ambitious plans to create a working brain-to-machine interface...''

And then...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8777]

It doesn't bode well!!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(12-10-2020, 12:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: French "super-soldiers"? 

Does that mean the French military may one day in the distant future rise to almost Boy Scout level? Will they issue them white surrender flags instead of the piss-yellow bedsheets they currently use?

Kinda like the Chinese "super soldier" genetic experiments going on right now. Was talking to a fine young man today, and we decided that a 4 1/2 foot tall "super soldier" falls just as hard as a 4 1/2 foot tall regular soldier when a 5.56 zips through his brain pan at 3200 feet per second, whether there are any trees in the forest to witness it or not.

"Super soldiers" are, for the most part, someone's pipe dream. If they don't already have a natural ability and more importantly mind set, no amount of "augmentation" is going to make them any deadlier. There ARE "super soldiers" in existence, but nature make's 'em, not implanted tech.

With all due respects to your posts Nin mate, I would like to suggest that you take one step backwards for the following :

I am ex Brit army lad living in France for nigh on 30 years.

I am a Brit and my 22 year old son is French and is a French solider with the commandos of the French Alpine hunters (13th regiment of "chasseurs Alpins"

He has served and is still serving as a sharp shooter in many active situations right now (especially Mali)

The French white flag situation concerning the Vichy situation was over 70 years ago.

Give it a FUCKING break mate... your comments are sad and disinfo as to the current situation 70 fucking years later with the French army.

Use tour friend "google" and se how the French army rank nowadays....?

Your uneducated commente where not cool mate.

Respects.

Rodinus

My thougts... full stop.
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(12-10-2020, 12:51 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: French "super-soldiers"? 

With all due respects to your posts Nin mate, I would like to suggest that you take one step backwards for the following :

I am a Brit and my 22 year old son is French and is a French solider with the commandos of the French Alpine hunters (13th regiment of "chasseurs Alpins"

He has served and is still serving as a sharp shooter in many active situations right now (especially Mali)

The French white flag situation concerning the Vichy situation was over 70 years ago.

Give it a FUCKING  break mate... your comments are sad and disinfo as to the current situation 70 fucking years later with the French army.

Respects.

Rodinus

My thougts... full stop.
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(12-10-2020, 12:51 PM)Rodinus Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 12:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...

I did that. @ninurta is trying to sleep now.

I admit, i ridiculed French army in the shout box earlier... about white flags...

I believe when you say that your son is a kick-ass soldier. I would never make it through that training and job due to being too weak.

So France seems to be doing quite well, regarding military power, these days.

Quote:For 2020, France is ranked 7 of 138 out of the countries considered for the annual GFP review. It holds a PwrIndx* rating of 0.1702 (0.0000 considered 'perfect').

That seems quite powerful, but i know nothing about this to be honest. But i will not ridicule them again. That was stupid. My source: Global Firepower
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
I think people have misunderstood what super soldier means, people think about all the TV movies. But lets have a look at what it really means.
The EU has for years now wanted its own army, to take away each EUs country armed forces and replace them with an army that feels no connection with Europe and is controlled from a center point.
Now the EU has made a point of over the years of importing young fit very low IQ men, they are of no real use to any country.
So you have your army, implants take care of the higher functions needed like how to navigate, they hear a voice telling them to go right , left, ect. the same system can be used in all training, so you now have an army made up of low IQ that can function at a higher level. Systems like this have already been implanted in animals (at a more primitive level ).
So how do you control them, well once again you use pleasure stimulation to the brain, if orders are not complied with remove rewards of make the person feel sick, feel fear, or pain.
All these systems have been used to control animals so I believe they are already available to control low IQ humans. It wont be needed to give them free time as the use of direct into brain stimulation will replace that.
This what I believe they mean by super soldier, cheep, easy to train, easy to control and easy to replace. When service time is over implants removed the person loses most of the military ability's and remembers little of there time in the army. 
The same can be done with an EU police force.
(12-10-2020, 12:51 PM)Rodinus Wrote: With all due respects to your posts Nin mate, I would like to suggest that you take one step backwards for the following :

Give it a FUCKING  break mate... your comments are sad and disinfo as to the current situation 70 fucking years later with the French army.

Respects.

Rodinus

My thougts... full stop.

I suppose it could be the case that politicians are making poor use of the military there and tying it's hands beyond reason. I know that has frequently been an issue with the US military. At one time, France was a world class superpower, challenging both the British Empire and Spain. Then, after the Revolution there, the Napoleonic debacle, and of course the Vichy disaster you mention in your post, Things seem to have been on a downward spiral. It's hard to believe the quality of the individual soldier declined that much during that time, because people are people and tend to remain fairly similar from age to age, So it seems the fault may lie with the political leadership rather than with any intrinsic qualities of the military itself.

If that is the case, and it does appear to be, then I stand corrected.

France also seems to be blurring the lines between "police" and "military", which is also a problem in the US, and has been for some time - a few decades now. No good can come of that. It not only pumps up the police beyond their remit, it also wears down the military beneath their actual capabilities.

A few decades ago, when I was still dealing with military matters regularly, the Legion Etrangere was the only French military subdivision of note, and at that time there were jokes about that, too. But, as you point out, times change, and that may no longer be the case. You don't hear much about them at all any more, so they may have been eclipsed by the native military over that interval.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

On the French military in the 20th century -- it is a complicated history, and one punctuated at times by poor employment dictated by government policy.

In 1940, it was mainly doctrine in both their army and their air force that arranged their defeat.  Even so, it was nothing unique.  The Brits also got run off the continent in that year, and one year later, the Soviets almost collapsed when they fought the Germans.  Only their geographic expanse saved them because it gave them time until the winter blunted German offensive operations.

By 1945, the French Army was a winning force again, but it was much smaller than it had been in 1940.

Dien Bien Phu was a stupid deployment and it cost the French their control of Indochina.  That was in 1954.

Oddly enough, they had practically won the war in Algeria when De Gaulle decided he had seen enough and ordered the army home.  That provoked a mutiny and reorganization of the army.  This was in 1962.

Since then, the French have had troops in many smaller conflicts.  The troops have done well.

But the question of "France" as a military partner really revolves around the policies of the government in Paris.  At the moment, "Paris" has its nose too far up the ass of "Berlin".  This unbalanced partnership is inducing problems for both the EU and NATO, but one would never realize that from the European media or the public statements of the governments.

The other bit here is that fully 10% of the French Army is on permanent internal security operations within FRANCE.  That alone is a shocking indicator of the instability lent by the presence of the migrants there.  So, super-soldiers or not, that is 10% of the French Army that is not available for other purposes, including the defense of France from invasion by other countries.

This kind of discussion could be made for any country; the question of their reliability as an ally hinges upon many things besides the competence of their armed forces.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(12-10-2020, 06:14 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: This kind of discussion could be made for any country; the question of their reliability as an ally hinges upon many things besides the competence of their armed forces.

Cheers

That makes sense. I would say that even the US has become a fickle ally given the political developments here over the past couple of decades, and the fact that every 4 years we run the risk of swinging the pendulum entirely to the other end of the swing, and that swing is getting ever wider with each passing year - the distance between "right" and "left" is growing broader with each passing day, so it's a toss-up every 4 years as to whom is going to hold the reins of power here. There is always the risk that top-down doctrine and foreign policy may turn 180 degrees at those times. That has implications for every nation bold - or foolish - enough to ally with us.

I still think NATO should be dissolved and the UN should be booted out of New York - if for no other reason, then for their own good and stability. The American Federal Empire is in decline, just as other empires have fallen before, going all the way back to the very first ones. They all have a shelf life, and it appears we have reached the end of ours, mostly due to internal subversion, with a smattering of external barbarian assaults. All of the signs of the decline of Rome are present in the current US. I wouldn't recommend any country to ally with us at this current, unstable, stage.

The EU would be better off without us, and they could form their own alliance among member states and redirect the former NATO resources towards that. I think it would be prudent to maintain the ANZUS treaty give current geopolitical realities, but the other members of even that run the risk of a fickle US letting them down and giving a big ol' brotherly hug to China instead.