Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Magnetic reversal
A short video on the coming magnetic reversal and the Ozone depletion ... Interesting

If people are interested in this , some more info here link
(11-29-2020, 01:13 PM)727Sky Wrote: A short video on the coming magnetic reversal and the Ozone depletion ... Interesting

I used to listen to Ben every morning. He was my weather go to person. I don't know what made me stop, but I haven't seen one of his videos in over a year.

Anyway, the government has warned us and even made a few videos about it. There is a government website that is fashioned to cover almost all emergencies. 

Here is my favorite. This came out around the time that discussions on the pole flip were popular. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wYyqef_33I

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I recall getting instruction in land navigation from a Special Forces NCO.

He was discussing the difference between true north and magnetic north.  Then, he sort of offhand mentioned that when one gets north far enough, the compass no longer points at true north.

tinyhuh 

Must of been kinda cold, wherever that was.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-29-2020, 01:29 PM)Wallfire Wrote: If people are interested in this , some more info here link

I hope he's right. I'm not concerned about a violent flip, I am too old to survive it anyway, so c'est la vie.

I am more concerned about the effects the electromagnetism has on our brains and bodies. There are numerous websites dedicated to this research, it looks very interesting and scary.

From how damaged my poor brain is, it would nice to have an excuse outside of old age, or dementia for my mental failings.

My brain went from holding tons of data for weeks, to leaking data like a sieve. Now I am leaking data at the rate of a colander. I am lucky if I could tell you what I had for dinner last night. My nephews, ages 21 and 14, and my neighbor's children, ages in the same range, can't remember squat either, their memories are worst than mine, so while I have excuse, what is their's?

Looking at how easily agitated and offended people are, and this change in mindset from "sorry let's work it out"  to " you are an idiot, get out my face before I shoot you", makes what some of what the researches are saying about the negative effect electromagnetic fields can have on the brain, sound plausible. 

I would love that it turns out to be something in the water from chem trails or quirky natural changes in our magnetic fields. That would give me a better excuse, and possibly a resolution.

• minusculebeercheers 

(11-29-2020, 07:45 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I recall getting instruction in land navigation from a Special Forces NCO.

He was discussing the difference between true north and magnetic north.  Then, he sort of offhand mentioned that when one gets north far enough, the compass no longer points at true north.

tinyhuh 

Cheers

If you travel north you will eventually stop going north and start heading south.

But if you head West, no matter how  far you travel you will still be heading West. Same with heading East. 

Kind of interesting.

• minusculebeercheers 

Did I hear someone say 2020?   tinyhuh Go figure, as if we haven't had enough bad news this year.

I've been hearing about this "pole shift" for the last 10 years.  I hope we at least get some time to enjoy our freedom from the Cabal before we are fried like bacon.   tinycrying
(11-29-2020, 07:45 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I recall getting instruction in land navigation from a Special Forces NCO.

tinyhuh 

Cheers

There are only a couple of places on Earth's surface where a compass points to geographic or "true" north. For everywhere else, there is a declination, an angle formed between geographic and magnetic north, hence the declination diagrams found at the bottom of topo maps.

To make it more interesting, the magnetic north pole "wanders", so any declination diagram is only good for about 10 years or so.

Since records started being kept in 1590, the magnetic pole simply meandered around in the northern parts of Hudson's Bay, but around 2000, it started galloping and accelerating straight towards Russia, and across the geographic north pole. In 2009 or 2010, I created a video of it by taking screengrabs out of Google Earth with it's position plotted from 1590 to that date to demonstrate that, and then stringing them together as frames of a video. It was astounding when visualized that way, but I've not done it since, so I don't know if it's still about to become Russian territory or not nowadays.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

What does this mean? I really am NOT scientific at all... If someone could explain a bit, like you would explain to an 8 year old.

Will the compass work differently?

Will the birds find their destination?

Is it SURE that this will happen?
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-30-2020, 01:20 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: What does this mean? I really am NOT scientific at all... If someone could explain a bit, like you would explain to an 8 year old.

It depends on who you believe. Like everything else that falls into the category of science, you are going to always have dissenting views.

I love this about science, because it keep us searching, and it keeps us humble, as we so often find that even those with supposed superior intellect can get it wrong.

Anyway National Geographic, has a fairly simple explanation. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.nationa...es-science

• minusculebeercheers 

(11-30-2020, 01:20 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: What does this mean? I really am NOT scientific at all... If someone could explain a bit, like you would explain to an 8 year old.

Earth has a magnetic field. That magnetic field is generated by a molten iron/nickel core of the planet differentially rotating, The field is what makes compasses work, and tells them which direction to point. It is also what creates the aurora borealis, as the magnetic filed "funnels" charged particles of the solar wind towards the poles.

Over geological time, that magnetic field has shifted, and swapped poles several times - about every 300,000 years or so, on average, so it's nothing new. The last time it happened was about 780,000 years ago, so we are overdue for a shift by roughly 480,000 years. It WILL happen again, and again, and again, but no one knows exactly when.

Quote:Will the compass work differently?

Yes. The north end of the needle will always point towards magnetic "north", and some current projections I've seen place the new magnetic north in the area of the South Pacific - but those are only projections. No one knows, with any degree of certainty, where it will settle in when it settles down.

During the shift, the field will get weaker and even disappear altogether at times, and during those times the compass will have no idea where to point. It is weakening right now, but not yet enough to affect compasses. A weakened or non-existent field during the shift will also expose the Earth's surface to bombardment by cosmic radiation, which is something the field currently protects us from, just as it funnels particles to the Northern Lights.

Life will survive, however. It has already managed to survive through numerous previous magnetic shifts.

Quote:Will the birds find their destination?

No. Most birds navigate by means of a magnetic organ in their head. In effect they have a built-in compass. They will likely go through a period of confusion before they become adjusted to the new "north". They will probably find new destinations as well.

Quote:Is it SURE that this will happen?

100% certain. It's not a matter of "if", it's just a matter of "when". It could be tomorrow, it could be 100,000 years from now. Current indications are sooner rather than later. Those indications include the current weakening of the field in combination with the "galloping" it has been undergoing for the last 20 or 30 years, huge shifts in where the north magnetic pole is located from year to year. Several years ago it started moving in huge bounds and in a straight line towards Russia from it's then current location. For the 400 years before that, it was just meandering in a relatively small area just north of Hudson's Bay in Canada. Then it suddenly set a course for Russia.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Yes, Our Magnetic Field is Reversing again and faster than before, also I read our North Pole is moving faster, so True North is in a different place.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-30-2020, 03:24 AM)guohua Wrote: Yes, Our Magnetic Field is Reversing again and faster than before, also I read our North Pole is moving faster, so True North is in a different place.

No, True North (Geographic North) is in the same place, and always will be. It's determined by the spin axis of the Earth, like a giant top spinning. It would take the destruction of the Earth itself for that to change at all.

I think a lot of the confusion out on the internet is because there are 3 "North" components relative to Earth. There is true or geographical north, and magnetic north, and astronomical north (indicated by the north star) Right now, they all roughly coincide. The Earth spins on it's axis, and that axis it spins on is "true" or "geographical" north. that never changes. Then there is magnetic north, and that wanders around, migrates, and occasionally flips it's polarity entirely.

Astronomical north migrates, albeit more slowly. Over millennia, the Earth's spin axis wobbles, like a top does. The north geographical pole points to different stars over the length of that cycle. the cycle is roughly 24,000 or 25,000 thousand years long, and during those years, the north pole slowly describes a circle on the sky until it returns to it's starting point, and starts over again. Where Polaris is currently the "north star", in the past it has been other stars, and in the future will be again as the cycle proceeds.

To make it even more complicated, the Earth axis periodically "straightens up" and "lays back down", changing it's angle with respect to the ecliptic, the plane of the solar system, called it's "obliquity". That affects how much sunlight gets to the equator and the poles at different times of the year, and so affects climate as well. More direct sunlight as the pole tips towards the sun makes for more extreme temperature differences between summer and winter. I'm really not sure how long that particular cycle is, but I know it varies from as much as 25 degrees to less than 10 or 15 degrees, with major climactic results. Not only does it affect climate and temperature, it also affects just which star can currently be "the north star". when the Earth's axis "lays down", it makes a bigger circle in the stars, and when it "straightens up", it makes a smaller circle.

I do know that tsunami producing earthquake in 2004 affected the obliquity by several thousandths of a degree - it was that powerful.

(11-29-2020, 08:04 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 01:29 PM)Wallfire Wrote: If people are interested in this , some more info here link

I hope he's right. I'm not concerned about a violent flip, I am too old to survive it anyway, so c'est la vie.

I am more concerned about the effects the electromagnetism has on our brains and bodies. There are numerous websites dedicated to this research, it looks very interesting and scary.

From how damaged my poor brain is, it would nice to have an excuse outside of old age, or dementia for my mental failings.

My brain went from holding tons of data for weeks, to leaking data like a sieve. Now I am leaking data at the rate of a colander. I am lucky if I could tell you what I had for dinner last night. My nephews, ages 21 and 14, and my neighbor's children, ages in the same range, can't remember squat either, their memories are worst than mine, so while I have excuse, what is their's?

Looking at how easily agitated and offended people are, and this change in mindset from "sorry let's work it out"  to " you are an idiot, get out my face before I shoot you", makes what some of what the researches are saying about the negative effect electromagnetic fields can have on the brain, sound plausible. 

I would love that it turns out to be something in the water from chem trails or quirky natural changes in our magnetic fields. That would give me a better excuse, and possibly a resolution.

Damn , you need that checked out. Myself, I'm just in limbo smoking and drinking too much. Kind of pick and choose what I want to read. What is nice is my wife and I have decided to sleep when ever we feel like it and it is working out pretty good so far. 

I digress, the reversal is coming soon, but slowly. Just take a look at the south atlantic anomaly 

https://www.sciencealert.com/mysterious-...g-into-two
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere

The difference between true north and magnetic north is increasing Runways are being repainted as the magnetic north is drifting further away year by year at an increasing rate.

Birds and whales... some say they are already being affected

It is for sure it is happening. Will the reversal happen in our remaining life time is the question ? No reason to worry as it is what it is.. Although I do wish I had a handy cave near by !! hahaha
This article from National Geographic is nonsensical, and a good example of why some folks should just avoid "science": https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/...ater-loss/

Now, you would think that an outfit named "National GEOGRAPHIC" would have some smattering of an understanding of geography... but whomever wrote this article seems to be sublimely oblivious to geography. For example, they state that, due to "climate change", the north pole is migrating towards the prime Meridian, which runs through Greenwich, England. The problem with that statement is that ALL of the meridians, the Prime Meridian included, end AT the poles. The north end at the north pole, the south end at the south pole. The north pole cannot be "moving towards" the Prime Meridian, because it is already AT the Prime Meridian, and has been since a prime meridian was invented.

It further states that the pole is moving towards where ice is leaving, because the ice takes mass with it and deposits it elsewhere. Here's something to try: get a kids top, slap a gob of clay on it, and spin it up and watch. The wobble moves TOWARD increased mass, not AWAY from it. It moves AWAY from reduced mass, not towards it.

This is basic high school physics, not even all that advanced.

"Science" should be shunned until logic returns to it and politics exit from it. It's not really "science" under those conditions.

It's just politics for profit.

(11-30-2020, 05:06 AM)727Sky Wrote:

The difference between true north and magnetic north is increasing Runways are being repainted as the magnetic north is drifting further away year by year at an increasing rate.

I'd like to expound a bit further on that if I may. It's my understanding that the numbers painted at the end of a runway denote an azimuth. As the magnetic pole shifts, the magnetic azimuth of the runway is eventually out of sync with onboard magnetic compasses, and so the numbers are periodically having to be repainted due to the azimuth shift, the difference in magnetic-geographical declination. I just wanted to explain that a bit more fully. If I'm wrong in that, I'm open to correction.

Quote:Birds and whales... some say they are already being affected

It is for sure it is happening. Will the reversal happen in our remaining life time is the question ? No reason to worry as it is what it is.. Although I do wish I had a handy cave near by !! hahaha

I have one, just up the hill from the house. Not really a cave, but an abandoned mine shaft, pretty close to a cave. There's room for more in it if the world comes to an end and we have to rough it, if you really get froggy! I have the mouth of it blocked off with roofing tin, so we shouldn't have to worry about any bears that have taken up residence there... unless the tin is down...

On the plus side, it was a coal mine about a hundred years ago, and there is probably enough coal still in it for campfire use, so we won't have to face down the bears out in the woods just to gather fire wood.

I went and looked at some of Ben Davidson's stuff and now so remember why I stop watching his videos.

I had to do too much homework to validate some of Ben's stuff. 

I was drawn to him because I was interested in his theory of the electrical universe, but Ben's stuff did not always hold up when I looked into the science.

He is a great place to start, but you will have to do a lot of homework, or just take him with a grain of salt.

• minusculebeercheers