Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New strain of bird Flu killing Swans
https://sputniknews.com/europe/202011281...n-britain/
Quote:[Image: 1065770210_0:193:3069:1854_1000x541_80_0...4.jpg.webp]Wave of New Bird Flu Strain Cause Swans to Bleed and Die in Britain

© Sputnik / Владимир Вяткин
Europe

Dying swans were found circling and bleeding from their nostrils on Ulverston canal, Cumbria, in the northwest of England.
The wave of swan deaths is suspected to be caused by a dangerous new strain of avian influenza that has spread across the UK.
Rescuers have removed over 25 dying birds from Worcestershire, while nine swans were found dead at Stanley Park in Blackpool, according to the Evening Standard.
Quote:"Many of them started to spin on their axis in one direction. It was terrible to see. Some of them were discharging from their nostrils and some of it was bloody," Caroline Sim from local swan rescue operation Flying Free said, as quoted by the the Guardian.
Studies have confirmed that swans killed in Dawlish, Devon had contracted the latest H5N8 strain of bird flu.
Introduced by wild birds migrating across Europe, this strain last caused massive bird deaths in the winter of 2016-2017. The health risk to humans from the virus is very low, according to the UK Department of Health.

That's sad and scary.   Poor birds.   tinycrying
When I think about what is happening all around the world, I first try to put it perspective.

Because we are more globally connected by the internet, things that are not common to us, may seem apocalyptic, because it appears strange and foreign to us, while being a common occurrence in the area where the story came from.

So I have given some serious thought to those things that seem unusual, abnormal, and unprecedented on our planet, and it seems to me our planet is trying to adapt to something.

I don't believe that we have the power to destroy the Earth. I do think the Earth has the power to destroy us, if we become a problem. 

The Earth is amazingly adaptable, and has the ability to mutate, or should I say, restructure, flora and fauna as needed to propagate the planet. If that means adapting or eliminating us in the process, then I guess we will have a greater reset than we imagined.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Poor swans.  There are a lot of them on the lakes where I live.  Graceful and sassy, they don't seem too bothered by humans being near them.  I really hope this disease doesn't spread any farther.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]