Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
When an A.I. Ship attacked humans
An audio book about a self aware alien A.I. ship that turns earths primitive computers into self aware killing machines.

Space fairing saga about trying to stop the destruction of mankind as the A.I. is ancient and has destroyed many civilizations throughout the galaxy.
Uh... is that over 9 hours long?   tinybigeyes 

I'll have to get back to you on this.   tinybighuh
Mystic WandererUh... is that over 9 hours long?   tinybigeyes 

I'll have to get back to you on this.   tinybighuh

hahahah a few days with some time and the next thing you know Wallah it will end... It is for those with time and not much to do.. I am laying off golf and not playing everyday so I have had a few extra hours to occupy. The audio books are something I have never dabbed into but have found some of them very entertaining or at least not to boring.
OT, but aren't guided missile strikes "AI ships attacking humans" ?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-24-2020, 07:28 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: OT, but aren't guided missile strikes "AI ships attacking humans" ?

Cheers

In this scenario someone long long ago made A.I. which occurred in a singularity or the A.I. becoming self aware. In the last few/several thousand years the A.I. has exterminated countless biological entities (entire races and civilizations) because they are vermin. You and I are vermin except....mankind will not go peacefully into the night but will stand and fight or we to will become a footnote in the in the galactic history book ..
@"727Sky" 

Yeah, the guided missiles are really robots vice AI ships.

But, but, what about Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics ?

Missile behavior violates the first two:

Quote:First Law- A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

Second Law- A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

Curious how such high minded thoughts went by the wayside when there were skulls to be crushed. tinysure 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]