Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's Have a Cup Of Tea
(11-21-2020, 06:41 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Cool! Beautiful! Let's have a cup of  tea @"NightskyeB4Dawn" 

I like black tea, flavored with bergamot.

Finn, I am so glad I made this thread.

I don't like to duplicate my threads, and I had made a thread about tea on another forum back in January, so I hesitated about making a tea thread here, but I am learning so much from the members here.

I like citrus flavored drinks and I have used lemon and lime in my tea, but I has not tried bergamot, so now I have another variation to try.

Thanks.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(11-21-2020, 08:07 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Kustodiev's The Merchant's Wife at tea time.  Nice samovar.

[Image: Kustodiev-Merchants-Wife.jpg]

Cheers

I just realized I have been holding my cup wrong all this time.

• minusculebeercheers 

If times were different I would write a satire about the differents between tea and coffee drinkers, but now is not the time
(11-21-2020, 02:12 PM)Wallfire Wrote: If times were different I would write a satire about the differents between tea and coffee drinkers, but now is not the time

Sounds too good not to share. 

We will be waiting.

mediumcouchpotato

• minusculebeercheers 

(11-21-2020, 01:26 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:18 PM)beez Wrote: I couldn't survive without tea.

Any strong black tea, but what I find that makes a great cuppa' is what kind of water you use.

Please explain, I've heard of this before, but being a working-class scumbag from 'up Norf' in England,
the quality of water issue alludes me. (My mathematical equation of water quality for tea begins with
the word 'wet'!!)
tinybiggrin

Try making a cup of tea with tap water then make one with bottled water or filtered water.

The difference is clear.

minusculebeercheers
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(11-21-2020, 02:51 PM)beez Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:26 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-21-2020, 01:18 PM)beez Wrote: I couldn't survive without tea.

Any strong black tea, but what I find that makes a great cuppa' is what kind of water you use.

Please explain, I've heard of this before, but being a working-class scumbag from 'up Norf' in England,
the quality of water issue alludes me. (My mathematical equation of water quality for tea begins with
the word 'wet'!!)
tinybiggrin

Try making a cup of tea with tap water then make one with bottled water or filtered water.

The difference is clear.

minusculebeercheers

Will do. I had no idea!
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I always use reverse osmosis water, because I have well water, but I like my tea strong so I am not sure it would make that much of a difference.

I see where it may make a difference if I had city water.

I made a combo of chai and dandelion tea a couple of weeks ago, and my Mother though it was coffee it was so dark. Like I said, I like my tea strong.

• minusculebeercheers 

I found a draw back in the Tazo variety gift box.

There is just one bag of each flavor.

I think the Cucumber White would have been a lot tastier if it were stronger, or if I could have used two bags. I could definitely taste the cucumber but the flavor was very subtle. It made the blend interesting, and I would like to see what it tastes like cold, but I will not be buying any anytime soon. I have too many other blends to try.

It goes on the maybe list.

• minusculebeercheers 

@"NightskyeB4Dawn", @"beez" , @"BIAD" , @"F2d5thCav",  @"Wallfire"  and others.

It you like Corn On The Cob Wrapped in the Husk then you like the Healthiest Tea you can make for your Kidneys, Bladder and General health.

Preparation, buy a minimum of 4 Corn Cobs in the Husk, cut the stack of hair off, wash in plain water, buy 2 or more gallons of purified water, put corn in large pot for boiling, pour in enough water to cover 2 to 3 inches above corn, boil covered until water turns yellowish/green (looks mostly green) enjoy your corn as your tea cools to drinking temperature.
Drink water, you'll find it to be tasty and you'll start cleaning your Kidneys and Bladder with the first 8 oz glass, drink at least twice a day for the best health results for three days.

GiantThumbsUp

Also helps to clean and help infection of the Urinary Track.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Thank you, @"guohua" .

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-21-2020, 05:44 PM)guohua Wrote: @"NightskyeB4Dawn", @"beez" , @"BIAD" , @"F2d5thCav",  @"Wallfire"  and others.

It you like Corn On The Cob Wrapped in the Husk then you like the Healthiest Tea you can make for your Kidneys, Bladder and General health.

Preparation, buy a minimum of 4 Corn Cobs in the Husk, cut the stack of hair off, wash in plain water, buy 2 or more gallons of purified water, put corn in large pot for boiling, pour in enough water to cover 2 to 3 inches above corn, boil covered until water turns yellowish/green (looks mostly green) enjoy your corn as your tea cools to drinking temperature.
Drink water, you'll find it to be tasty and you'll start cleaning your Kidneys and Bladder with the first 8 oz glass, drink at least twice a day for the best health results for three days.

GiantThumbsUp

Out of season around here right now, but I will have plenty of it when it comes back.

Crazy thing is, I never thought of drinking the water myself, but I have been giving it to my dogs for years.

Maybe that is why my Rhodesian Ridgeback, Caleb, lived to the age of twenty. His last four years, I paid almost no Vet bills, because my Vet was so curious as to why a dog his size, behaved and had the body chemistry of a dog thirteen years old, so he didn't charge me for his research.

Maybe I should tell him about the corn pot liquor.

• minusculebeercheers 

(11-21-2020, 05:44 PM)guohua Wrote: @"NightskyeB4Dawn", @"beez" , @"BIAD" , @"F2d5thCav",  @"Wallfire"  and others.

GiantThumbsUp

May try this.

Thanks!
-Abraham Lincoln
I want to know if anyone has tried tea with distilled water.

tinywondering
-Abraham Lincoln
(11-24-2020, 02:21 AM)beez Wrote: I want to know if anyone has tried tea with distilled water.

tinywondering

This doesn't count, but I am known as the coffee lady at our church, because I make the beverages that are provided at the services and other community events. 

The beverages I serve are coffee, hot tea, iced tea, hot chocolate, lemonade, and water. We serve snacks also, usually croissants, popcorn, a variety of cookies, and brownies. Everything we provide is free, and a huge hit with the young ones, but the adults are mostly about the coffee.

I have used distilled water on numerous occasions to make all the beverages, I have never had anyone comment on the difference. I said this doesn't count because though I serve a large number of people in the community, and the items are free, they are a discerning lot and quick to complain if something is not to their liking, but I doubt they would notice something as subtle as the difference between distilled water, spring water, or plain bottled water, and I have made the drinks from all three. 

I never use tap water, mainly because I just don't trust it it.

• minusculebeercheers