Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The great "disappeared"
Because I hate politics and ufo's and bigfoot doesn't get much traction here.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(11-20-2020, 01:21 AM)kdog Wrote: Because I hate politics and ufo's and bigfoot doesn't get much traction here.

I see what you did there - "bigfoot", "traction"...

Good one!

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” ― Ernest Hemingway

"It's the hillbilly way. We kill people and burn their shit down." -- Jim Powell, in "Blood and Banjos" by Franklin Horton

IDK, I like it here. Way more down to Earth. 

Other places may have more people or threads but it's simply more of the same. Political trolling. Not very engaging subjects. 

There are political threads here of course but they seem to be balanced with other subjects. The other day there was one about a trip to the mountains in Oklahoma. It was like comfort food. 

If you want a ton of mind numbing back and forth, go to the Yahoo comments section. It's akin to being water boarded. More power to you if you can handle it.
(11-19-2020, 10:59 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Seems a lot of people have "disappeared" from here since the elections, wonder what is going on

I'm still here but lurking until the end of the year due to boxing things up and the house move.

Hugs to all 

Rod
I still don't understand why the Kamikaze pilots wore helmets!
(11-20-2020, 07:20 AM)Rodinus Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 10:59 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Seems a lot of people have "disappeared" from here since the elections, wonder what is going on

I'm still here but lurking until the end of the year due to boxing things up and the house move.

Hugs to all 

Rod

That is good to know, Thank You and we are Happy To Know You're Happy Here.
NOW, Get to Boxing and hurry so you can get back to Posting!  chill
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(11-19-2020, 06:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Some folks probably bailed on account of the politics being flung around, but, as @Wallfire has said, if a web page triggers them, how are they ever gonna survive the real world?

A couple I'm fairly certain were just in it to stir the shit-pot, which is ok by me, but they seem to have vanished right after the election. I reckon they decided their job here was done, which is just as well - we also have a few folks who would not react well to having their noses rubbed in an alleged Biden "victory".

In the final analysis, the weak will fall by the wayside, and the strong will survive. That's what keeps a species strong, and it's what keeps a web site strong, too.

I have come to the realization that I am not strong enough to deal with the the virtual world.

When they started back in March with the push for the "new normal", I would cringe every time I heard that phrase. Then "social distancing" and "essential worker" started giving me the creeps. Today I was pushed over the edge with, "It is not about you!"

So I may not be strong enough to handle this brave new world, and I am seriously preparing to be drift off into the land of "The City Of Embers". As soon as I find the map, because my GPS is not showing its location.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8192]

(11-20-2020, 04:36 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 06:20 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Some folks probably bailed on account of the politics being flung around, but, as @Wallfire has said, if a web page triggers them, how are they ever gonna survive the real world?

A couple I'm fairly certain were just in it to stir the shit-pot, which is ok by me, but they seem to have vanished right after the election. I reckon they decided their job here was done, which is just as well - we also have a few folks who would not react well to having their noses rubbed in an alleged Biden "victory".

In the final analysis, the weak will fall by the wayside, and the strong will survive. That's what keeps a species strong, and it's what keeps a web site strong, too.

I have come to the realization that I am not strong enough to deal with the the virtual world.

When they started back in March with the push for the "new normal", I would cringe every time I heard that phrase. Then "social distancing" and "essential worker" started giving me the creeps. Today I was pushed over the edge with, "It is not about you!"

So I may not be strong enough to handle this brave new world, and I am seriously preparing to be drift off into the land of "The City Of Embers". As soon as I find the map, because my GPS is not showing its location.

You're still standing here, so probably stronger than you think!

For what it's worth, you have seriously intimidated ME. It was your post in the Banners thread. I didn't know you were a Forensic Nurse. I didn't even know there IS such a thing, I have no idea of the complexity of what they/you do, and the simple combination of those two terms is very intimidating. probably a bit more than intimidating, as either term alone is intimidating. The combination is... nuclear!

I know a little bit about Forensics, from my police training, but that was near 40 yeas ago, and there is no doubt the field has grown exponentially more complex since then. I know nothing of Nursing, other than that my sister is one, and she probably knows 19 ways to kill me using just her pinky finger.

So, yeah, color me intimidated.

But I ain't leaving, and neither should you.

GPS units are finicky. I programmed mine to take me "home" the other day, and it tried to take me to Timbuktu instead. So I got out my trusty map and compass to see if I could find "The City of Embers", and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find it on my map, either.

Is it just off the edge of the map? The edge where it says "Here there be Dragons"?

“There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.” ― Ernest Hemingway

"It's the hillbilly way. We kill people and burn their shit down." -- Jim Powell, in "Blood and Banjos" by Franklin Horton

(11-20-2020, 06:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: You're still standing here, so probably stronger than you think!

For what it's worth, you have seriously intimidated ME. It was your post in the Banners thread. I didn't know you were a Forensic Nurse. I didn't even know there IS such a thing, I have no idea of the complexity of what they/you do, and the simple combination of those two terms is very intimidating. probably a bit more than intimidating, as either term alone is intimidating. The combination is... nuclear!

I know a little bit about Forensics, from my police training, but that was near 40 yeas ago, and there is no doubt the field has grown exponentially more complex since then. I know nothing of Nursing, other than that my sister is one, and she probably knows 19 ways to kill me using just her pinky finger.

GPS units are finicky. I programmed mine to take me "home" the other day, and it tried to take me to Timbuktu instead. So I got out my trusty map and compass to see if I could find "The City of Embers", and wouldn't you know it, I couldn't find it on my map, either.

Is it just off the edge of the map? The edge where it says "Here there be Dragons"?

I do everything in my power to be non-intimidating. I am usually the first responder that is focused on protecting you from a process that can be, and usually is, pretty brutal. It requires a lot of time, it invades all levels of privacy, it often seems prosecutory, even though we take great pains to be keep you in control.

There is no way for me to be successful at my job without asking the questions no one wants to answer after being traumatized. The last thing most people want after being traumatized is to have someone touch them, and I usually have to exam you in places that even the person that gave birth to you, has not seen since before your 4th birthday. For many, my exam may involve areas that no one had ever seen before. To add insult to injury, I may have to collect swabs and take pictures. Often I have to take your clothing and other items that you may have treasured.

My job is extremely intimidating, but the part of my job I love the most, is being the advocate, the medical professional, the non-judgmental caregiver, the one that "listens" to you, and the one that will fight for you when the process starts to move the focus from you, and more toward the crime. The detectives and the police are very dedicated to finding and removing the assailant from the streets to make you and the community safe. It is a very complex and complicated dance we have to do to make that happen, while not losing you in the process.

And my job doesn't end when the exam and the collections are completed. I will follow you to court, and hope that all the work we did, will assist the courts into obtaining justice for you. So I am that giant monster that walks into the darkness, to lead you back to a place for you to feel safe. I am considered the sweetest, most caring person you could ever know. I am also known a formidable opponent, that turns into a vicious mother bear if the process loses focus.

So yeah....... I guess for some people I could be intimidating, but never if you are my patient.

tinyinlove

Will wear nurse's uniform for food. (Cotton-Candy mainly)

This one.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8666]

BIAD...! GET OFF MY COMPUTER!

Sorry folks.
tinysure

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
(11-20-2020, 07:49 PM)BIAD Wrote: Will wear nurse's uniform for food. (Cotton-Candy mainly)

This one.

Sorry folks.
tinysure

We have to update BIAD. I haven't seen a nurse wear that outfit in over 50 years.

I usually wear khakis or scrubs. I think most nurses wear scrubs these days.

Now if the visit is for servicing the doctor then.......

I am going to shut up now.
tinyfunny

(11-20-2020, 07:49 PM)BIAD Wrote: Will wear nurse's uniform for food. (Cotton-Candy mainly)

This one.

Sorry folks.
tinysure

In most cases, the skirt should be shorter. In BIAD's case, it should be LONGER...

... and preferably have a train dragging behind.

(11-20-2020, 07:41 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 06:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: You're still standing here, so probably stronger than you think!

I do everything in my power to be non-intimidating. I am usually the first responder that is focused on protecting you from a process that can be, and usually is, pretty brutal. It requires a lot of time, it invades all levels of privacy, it often seems prosecutory, even though we take great pains to be keep you in control.

There is no way for me to be successful at my job without asking the questions no one wants to answer after being traumatized. The last thing most people want after being traumatized is to have someone touch them, and I usually have to exam you in places that even the person that gave birth to you, has not seen since before  your 4th birthday. For many, my exam may involve areas that no one had ever seen before. To add insult to injury, I may have to collect swabs and take pictures. Often I have to take your clothing and other items that you may have treasured.

My job is extremely intimidating, but the part of my job I love the most, is being the advocate, the medical professional, the non-judgmental caregiver, the one that "listens" to you, and the one that will fight for you when the process starts to move the focus from you, and more toward the crime. The detectives and the police are very dedicated to finding and removing the assailant from the streets to make you and the community safe. It is a very complex and complicated dance we have to do to make that happen, while not losing you in the process.

And my job doesn't end when the exam and the collections are completed. I will follow you to court, and hope that all the work we did, will assist the courts into obtaining justice for you. So I am that giant monster that walks into the darkness, to lead you back to a place for you to feel safe. I am considered the sweetest, most caring person you could ever know. I am also known a formidable opponent, that turns into a vicious mother bear if the process loses focus.

So yeah....... I guess for some people I could be intimidating, but never if you are my patient.

tinyinlove

So you're the person I should have gone to see when my second wife beat hell out of me for trying to get myself some supper, and I didn't lift a hand to defend myself out of a fear of hurting her?

You're that person?

(11-20-2020, 08:40 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: We have to update BIAD. I haven't seen a nurse wear that outfit in over 50 years.

I usually wear khakis or scrubs. I think most nurses wear scrubs these days.

Now if the visit is for servicing the doctor then.......

I am going to shut up now.
tinyfunny

I refuse to believe Boy In A Dress stooped to using images from the 'Carry On Doctor ' movie
and merely borrowed an old uniform from Mrs. Miggins. Granted, she used to be an assistant
to a local Butcher, but the work is the same, yes?
tinywhat 

Quote:Ninurta Wrote:

In most cases, the skirt should be shorter. In BIAD's case, it should be LONGER...
... and preferably have a train dragging behind.

I had to explain this to BIAD that the reference to a 'dragging train' wasn't a hint at a wedding dress
and Ninurta wasn't just trying to get into double-figures with his style of matrimony.
tinywhat

His response was... and I hope I spell it correctly, was "Phew!". Personally, I believe
this comment was somehow connected to those grave-sized mounds on your property.
tinyshocked
[Image: attachment.php?aid=953]
"They watch from behind complacent smiles whilst polishing their cutlery. Yet, with egg between the prongs"
(11-20-2020, 09:15 PM)Ninurta Wrote: So you're the person I should have gone to see when my second wife beat hell out of me for trying to get myself some supper, and I didn't lift a hand to defend myself out of a fear of hurting her?

You're that person?

I wish I could have been there for you. When people think of intimate partner abuse, or domestic violence, they always think of women being the victim. That is not true.

The same goes for rape, Men can be raped. You don't have to be homosexual to be a victim of a sex crime. The present statistics are; one in six American women have reported they been raped. One in thirty-three American men have reported being raped. These numbers go way up for the military and the Native American reservations.

It takes a lot of courage for a woman to come forward to report a rape or an assault. Now imagine a man coming forward. The amount of strength and courage it takes for a man to speak up, to seek help, or to report they are a victim of domestic or intimate partner violence, is staggering.

The beauty of our program, is that you are given a choice. If you don't want the police involved, we will still provide you with care, prophylactic medications, shelter, clothes, food, support counselors, and we will collect evidence that will be stored until you decide if you want to press charges, or not at all, it is what the patient wants.

We are State supported, and we receive donations from several other organizations. We try to meet the needs and the challenges of the patients and our community. Programs like ours are growing, and being developed all over America, and in other countries. I encourage every one to research it. I am willing to bet there is a program near by. You never know when someone will need the services and you can direct them for care and services.

Forensic Nurses are few. We have a lot of people that think it is cool, and that it is like CSI or SVU. They think it is all glamour, because they never show the real dirt. The real suffering, the real trauma. The don't have to look in the eyes of the traumatized, or look in the faces of the families, looking at you, thinking you are going to whip up a miracle and close the case in sixty minutes, with commercials. The turn over rate is great, just like the turn over rate is high for the detectives that we work so closely with, especially when children are the patients. They could never show the truth on TV, the reality of some of these cases is so raw and evil, that no one with a heart, or an once of empathy, would be able to watch it without throwing up.

But I am glad that they do make people aware that evil is out there and that help is available.

(11-20-2020, 10:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It takes a lot of courage for a woman to come forward to report a rape or an assault. Now imagine a man coming forward. The amount of strength and courage it takes for a man to speak up, to seek help, or to report they are a victim of domestic or intimate partner violence, is staggering.

I don't know about courage - I just got through on determination. Went down to the courthouse and took out a warrant for domestic abuse. Felt like 7 different kinds of fool, but followed through anyhow. Folks will look at you funny when you tell them what you want, and you're a tall, bony man. The universal reaction seemed to be "WHO whomped you? How does that happen?"

There was a box to check on the forms to request the sheriff's department to help the abuser find their way out of the house, and I didn't check it. The lady asked me why, and I just told her I wasn't looking to throw anyone out into the street, I just wanted the stupid to stop.

It went through court, I showed up for it (I think there was a betting pool on whether or not I would actually show in open court for it), and the judge made the order permanent.

The stupid stopped. Well, the more violent versions of it, anyhow.

To be honest, I didn't realize how abusive the woman was until I read that list in the link you provided. I think something in her childhood left her busted. I just didn't realize how busted until today. She was diagnosed as "bipolar", although back then I think it was called "manic depressive". You never knew who you were going to be talking to with her from one minute to the next - the happy her or the murderously enraged her.

I was entirely capable of defending myself from her, I just didn't, because I didn't want to injure her...

... and that may be where the female abusers have their real strength against the men they abuse. That, and the fact that few men are going to actually go down to the courthouse and take out a warrant, and say "My missus just slapped the piss outta me, then slapped me for pissin', and I want to put a stop to it without havin' to break her in half".

(11-21-2020, 12:11 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I was entirely capable of defending myself from her, I just didn't, because I didn't want to injure her...

... and that may be where the female abusers have their real strength against the men they abuse.

I think you are great. You handled it well, but I still wish I could have been there for you.

Even the professionals need some one to hold there hand sometimes

Quote:First im sorry for writing this in English but I cant paint with Finnish words

Second sorry for the text but my handwriting is so bad that no one could read it
perhaps I should of been a doctor (:
To all the nurses and doctors on the ward, to come in each day to face the fear, hate and anger of the people you help is a true gift, I could never do your job
The armor you need to surround yourself s with is needed for you to survive, but that armor gets a little heaver each day, a little harder to carry.
Few people understand the price each of you have to pay to do your job a little part of your soul dies each day, but each day you keep coming back, that is what a hero does.
I understand the meaning and power of words I know they can be given but they must also be taken.
I give to you all the two most valuable words I have in the hope you will take them

THANK YOU
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH, THE EU IS FATHER AND MOTHER / FEAR NOT DEATH, BUT FEAR THE WAY YOU WILL DIE