Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Some will not forget
Quote:Here is my little bitty small issue with the whole, let us all be a “United States” again, From Joe Biden.

For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth.
You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops. 
The problem is we have memories longer than a hamster. 
We remember the protests the day of/after inauguration. 
We remember the 4 years of personal attacks and endless name calling
We remember “not our president” and the “Resistance…” 
We remember being called racist and evil. 
We remember Maxie Walters telling followers to harass Trump supporters in department stores and gas stations. 
We remember the Presidents press secretary being chased out of a restaurant. 
We remember hundreds of Trump supporters being physically attacked. 
We remember Trump supporters getting Doxed, and fired from jobs. 
We remember riots, and looting. 
We remember “a comedian” holding up the President’s severed head. 
We remember a play in Central park paid with public funding, showing the killing of President Trump. 
We remember Robert de Niro yelling “Fuck Trump” at the Tony’s and getting a standing ovation. 
We remember Trump being accused of being a Russian spy and the media going with it. 
We remember Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address. 
We remember how totally in the tank the mainstream media was in opposition. 
We remember non-stop in your face lies and open cover-ups from the media.
We remember the MSM cabal in 24/7 Hate Trump broadcasts.
We remember the press not holding Democrats responsible for anything and hiding anything negative.
We remember conservative voices neutered by Tech companies (Facebook, Google, Twitter, etc.).
We remember the partisan impeachment. 
We remember the President and his staff being spied on. 
We remember Republican congressmen shot on a ballfield. 
We remember every so-called comedy show turn into nothing but Trump hate fest. 
We remember 95% negative coverage in the news. 
We remember the state governors asking for and getting everything they wanted to address covid then blaming Trump. 
We remember leftists threatening outside the homes of prominent Republicans. 
We remember the attempted vile destruction of Brett Kavanaugh. 
We remember people pounding on the Supreme Court doors. 
We remember that we were called every name in the book for supporting President Trump. 
We remember that many in Hollywood said they would leave after Trump was elected, but they stayed anyway.
We remember the hundreds of taxpayer funded police cars burnt during your ‘mostly peaceful’ demonstrations.
We remember our conservative voices being cancelled on major US campuses.

This list is endless, but you get the idea. 
My friends will be my friends, but a party that has been attacking for 4 long years does not get a free pass with me. 
So take your let’s be united and shove it up your ass! 

I couldn't have said it any better myself. That encapsulates all of my thinking on this "let's be friends now, national unity!" bullshit. I'm not about to "unify" (actually "submit", on their terms, of course) under their hammer and sickle banner.

They can kiss the most puckered part of my ass.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

One series of events clearly summarizes the integrity of the Democrats & their allies.

Hillary virtually losing her mind while instructing Biden to "concede under no circumstances"...and threatening to tie-up the election in the courts...and if that didn't suffice - bring in the military to get President Trump out of the White House.

With a flipped scenario, however - they and their weasily minions are crying as loud & long as their phlegming lungs can muster... "Foul! Foul! Sore Loser!"

Makes me want to be (when I grow up) an Assassin.

Do appreciate the prose.

"Good judgment comes from experience...
Experience...? Well, that comes from poor judgment."
~ Dean Martin ~

I seem to remember that the khmer rouge call on all teachers and intellectuals to come forward and become part of the family, that the khmer rouge wants everyone to work together to build a greater country.
Those that did were killed. Perhaps history should be remembered.
(11-19-2020, 12:23 AM)727Sky Wrote: Here is my little bitty small issue with the whole, let us all be a “United States” again, From Joe Biden.

For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth.
You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops. 
The problem is we have memories longer than a hamster...

I find it ironic that due to the technological creation of the social media, the recent generations have
been lured away from the legacy media and ergo, lost have the ability to realise that present-day
politics are no different from governmental machinations of the past.

It's like they are trapped in 'nowism' and the latest outcry is the only paradigm they have to deal with.
They have accustomed themselves to the idea that nothing existed before they were born!

I presume this is an outcome of the internet feeding the narcissistic need for every individual's voice
to be the most important and anyone who opposes a favoured opinion finds themselves facing the words
'hate' and 'cancel'.

But this current internet will eventually change and an alternative will have to be sort. Hopefully, the past
will be aligned with anything contemporary for the young to be able to evaluate the larger picture.
Only then will words like 'hate' will be seen as over-the-top.

However, such negativity nourishes social-media businesses and so, the hypnosis will continue.
tinysure

I can offer one clue to the online youngsters that might assist in finding themselves back to a reasonable
type of reality. If a mainstream or internet news-outlet frames an article with the headline in the form of
a question... a reader or viewer must realise that:

The article doesn't have the answer -if the headline is to believed; and since this kind of information
-display is based on a 'transmit-by-sender-and-receive-by-customer' mechanism, why ask a question
that one's audience cannot answer?!!

It's hyperbolic entertainment and the headline is there to release the writer from any accountability.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
@"BIAD" 

They don't grasp BIG PICTURE or LONG VIEW.  Those tools weren't really taught, even in the old days, but I'd wager they're almost hidden now.  Using perspective is a powerful tool.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(11-19-2020, 02:56 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"BIAD" 

They don't grasp BIG PICTURE or LONG VIEW.  Those tools weren't really taught, even in the old days, but I'd wager they're almost hidden now.  Using perspective is a powerful tool.

Cheers

It is slightly comforting to monitor certain young voices that exist on social media, ones who can be distinguished
from the overwhelming cacophony of noise and who offer reasonable discourse on many subjects.
As these people grow older, their 'radical' opinions erode -oddly enough, as their physical age progresses.

I always recall the idea that every generation of youngsters take on the mantle of J.M. Barrie's 'Lost Boys' in
the novel Peter Pan. Whether it's walking the streets of a capital or using accusing insults on the internet,
there's always a 'Captain Hook' in power to fight against.

Joining in a group (tribe) is comforting.

The big picture -if you can recall for a standard male, is whether your peers have respect for your opinions and if
females see you as attractive. I'd guess these goals would be similar for females.
Anything else in regards of identification in the male/female situation is merely a misunderstood manner of plumage
display and insecurity of self.

With these concerns of self-discovery and aspirations to reach the accepted objectives of a mature person, any long
term view on the world of political tides would be understandably seen through a misted lens.

I agree with you that such lessons and tools to deal with the many nuances of life are rare these days and if blame
is to be placed, I'd suspect the parents, who may have lost these skills when they enjoyed the lonely experience of
using the internet.

We're a long way from the shore we used to know!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(11-19-2020, 10:20 AM)Wallfire Wrote: I seem to remember that the khmer rouge call on all teachers and intellectuals to come forward and become part of the family, that the khmer rouge wants everyone to work together to build a greater country.
Those that did were killed. Perhaps history should be remembered.

This. This right here. I'm old enough, been around enough, and read enough to know to never trust a Leftist when they want to be "friends". Their newfound "friends" have a disturbing habit of disappearing.

In addition to the Khmer Rouge Purge, there were purges in the Soviet Union, Nicaragua, Cuba, I believe China, and many other places after the takeovers. In Rhodesia, they took the farms but left most of the farmers alive to suffer the consequences of watching their life's work fall into disuse and disrepair. Oh, they purged enough of them to let the rest know they meant business, but the majority they left alive to suffer a long drawn out death of the soul.

Then Mugabe wrecked their economy to make things even "better", adding the insult of runaway inflation to the injury of starvation because the farms were no longer working farms. 

I have a "Zimbabwe" 50 cent piece from Rhodesia just after Mugabe and the Marxists took over. It was one of the first minted by their new government, in 1980. Face value is 50 Zimbabwean cents, but the monetary value of it fell to 1/ 50 BILLIONTH of the face value. The metal in it was worth FAR more than the purchasing value of it. That's how bad the inflation got there. I keep it to remind me to NEVER trust the flowery promises of a Marxist.

Nossir, I've got no urge to merge with folks who only want to watch me die.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Astonishment...  thing is, nobody stopped the Khmer Rouge. I watched in horror being a vet and being with those people at times, and watching fn Peter Jennings do a bit on it or otherwise it was quieted hushed, or 60 minutes or Saturday Night Live would do it. 

This 'scorched earth' is by far the stupidest  of battle ploys. Until we stop employing hate and division, we will never cooperate and failure is insured.

So,  What do you do ? A new admin under Biden. Form a list of things that are possative and useful that Biden is set to do immediately... Use it to my benefit. 
Work within the system that that you can and avoid the rest but do not OBSTRUCT like Democrats did under Nancy Pelosi. 

Gott'a stop getting even altogether, and game it... use it to every advantage. There will likely be a few 'checks' thrown down to us plebeians to sate the hate. And hopefully  vaccines will be the major growth and rebound. Frankly we are in a mess and not of Trumps creation, one placed on us, a reason to war in most places. Some new ways will remain. Masks may be for a while yet. s'pose I can deal with that. Chose something you  think will prosper and put your time in it. All the time spent rioting, destroying, killing.... that won't be rebuilt... watch and see, and the businesses leaving never coming back. Homeless people all over California and Oregon, the lowest you can go towards  Zero nada. And finally... if you let this bs live in your head.... don't do it. Start planning a President for 2004  There are some pretty good choices out there. Even better than Trump. Who I liked and voted for. Or you can hate it and scream at the sky...:)
(11-19-2020, 08:41 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Astonishment...  thing is, nobody stopped the Khmer Rouge. I watched in horror being a vet and being with those people at times, and watching fn Peter Jennings do a bit on it or otherwise it was quieted hushed, or 60 minutes or Saturday Night Live would do it. 

This 'scorched earth' is by far the stupidest  of battle ploys. Until we stop employing hate and division, we will never cooperate and failure is insured.

So,  What do you do ? A new admin under Biden. Form a list of things that are possative and useful that Biden is set to do immediately... Use it to my benefit. 
Work within the system that that you can and avoid the rest but do not OBSTRUCT like Democrats did under Nancy Pelosi. 

Gott'a stop getting even altogether, and game it... use it to every advantage. There will likely be a few 'checks' thrown down to us plebeians to sate the hate. And hopefully  vaccines will be the major growth and rebound. Frankly we are in a mess and not of Trumps creation, one placed on us, a reason to war in most places. Some new ways will remain. Masks may be for a while yet. s'pose I can deal with that. Chose something you  think will prosper and put your time in it. All the time spent rioting, destroying, killing.... that won't be rebuilt... watch and see, and the businesses leaving never coming back. Homeless people all over California and Oregon, the lowest you can go towards  Zero nada. And finally... if you let this bs live in your head.... don't do it. Start planning a President for 2004  There are some pretty good choices out there. Even better than Trump. Who I liked and voted for. Or you can hate it and scream at the sky...:)

I did try your suggestion to make a list of the positive and useful things Biden is set to do right away. I worked at it for a while, and so far it has taken up exactly zero sheets of paper.

How did going along to get along and working within a rigged system work out for Pol Pot's victims? How did it work out for the Jews in Germany? Did everything turn out ok for the folks who went along to get along with Stalin? Maybe Mao's "Cultural Revolution" worked out well for folks?

Nossir. You may do as you please, but I will not keep on playing a rigged game after I know it's rigged. I have different rules to play by altogether.