Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Quebec Slayings.
It seems with all the divisive behaviour in the world, Charles Martel is amongst us again.

Quote:Quebec stabbing: Two dead after attack by man in medieval clothes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8544]

At least two people have been stabbed to death in the Canadian city of Quebec by a man armed
with a sword and dressed in medieval clothing, police say.

Five others were wounded in the Halloween night attack. A man in his mid-20s was arrested shortly
before 01:00 (06:00 GMT) on Sunday.

Police advised residents to stay inside with doors locked while an investigation was under way.
The attack took place in the historic Old Quebec neighbourhood. Police tweeted that there was no
immediate indication "that the suspect may have acted for motives other than personal ones".
The suspect's identity has not been made public.

First reports of the incident near the French-speaking city's national assembly came through shortly
before 22:30 local time on Saturday. The suspect was arrested near the Espace 400e business park.

Quebec's Le Soleil newspaper reported that he was lying on the ground, barefoot and hypothermic
when he was arrested. He surrendered to police without any resistance, it said.
Following his arrest, the suspect was taken to hospital for "evaluation".

The five wounded are also being treated in hospital, with varying levels of injury, according to police.
Police have not released details of the victims' identities or ages.
Reporters at the scene have tweeted photos of a police command post outside Quebec's Parliament
Building.

At a news conference on Sunday, Quebec City police spokesman Étienne Doyon offered "sincerest
condolences to the loved ones and families of the people who died"...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Quebec, Lyon, Nice.  Been a lethal October.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Just what would deter these  kind of demented behaviors ? Nothing in Justice or Law seems to be a deterent. Death penalties ?  What's the answer ? What is cruel and unusual ? What are those that use cruel and unusual attacks ? Perhaps quick executions, cremation and the ashes sent to a landfill and deposited, finished. Pull obscene killings, win Obscene death sentences, swift and lethal.
(11-01-2020, 03:22 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Just what would deter these  kind of demented behaviors ? Nothing in Justice or Law seems to be a deterent. Death penalties ?  What's the answer ? What is cruel and unusual ? What are those that use cruel and unusual attacks ? Perhaps quick executions, cremation and the ashes sent to a landfill and deposited, finished. Pull obscene killings, win Obscene death sentences, swift and lethal.

I like the way you think @"PLOTUS".  Something big is needed to get these people's attention. So far things don't seem to be working as is.
The old way was to make a public example of the worst offenders.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Why does this have to happen? WHY does this shit have to happen?

I am insane and i have papers to prove it, but i can't understand this mindset.

If i EVER feel like killing people, i will start with myself and go from there.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Good to see the Quebecois have found an alternative to Canada's restrictions on firearms...

-----------------------------------------

A knee jerk reaction as to proper punishment does not always work. In general, in a European context, swift and sure execution does a fair job - whether it acts as a deterrent to others or not, it insures THAT individual no longer carries on behaving badly. Among Europeans, it does tend to have a deterrent effect barring mental instability in the actor. It won't deter the mentally unstable, but it WILL keep that individual from becoming recidivist.

In other cultures, it may paradoxically have the opposite effect to deterrence - it may actually spur on further bad behavior. Radical Islam is a case in point - the objective for them is to become a martyr for Allah, and facilitating that can actually have a potentiating effect.

SO - to arrive at a proper punishment, we have to factor in cultural and mental factors. In mental cases, I think swift execution is the answer. It won't deter further mental cases generally, but it removes that actor from circulation in a society he or she is clearly unfit to move in, thereby defending said society from further depredations by that person.

In the cultural case, the punishment must fit the crime, and serve as a deterrent to further criminal actions. Using Radical Islam again as the example, the old punishment against the Moros in the Philippines is a good template - wrap them in pig skin, dump 'em in a hole in the ground, cover them with pig entrails, and then dump the dirt back in. That ended Moro attacks on the US forces for decades.

Other Death Cultures would require other inventive punishments for deterrence, operating against their own cultural norms. Know your enemy.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(11-01-2020, 03:22 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Just what would deter these  kind of demented behaviors ? Nothing in Justice or Law seems to be a deterent. Death penalties ?  What's the answer ? What is cruel and unusual ? What are those that use cruel and unusual attacks ? Perhaps quick executions, cremation and the ashes sent to a landfill and deposited, finished. Pull obscene killings, win Obscene death sentences, swift and lethal.

i agree with you, the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.
[Image: TWBB.png]