Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[France] The Riviera Knife Attack.
Quote:Gunshots in Nice.

French Riviera local news
(10.10.am French time)

'Gunshots in the centre of Nice – Local media Nice Matin has reported this morning that gunshots have been
heard in the centre of town. The shots were heard around 9am this morning creating a scene of panic in the
city centre.

The mayor of Nice tweeted that the “shots were heard following a knife attack in the Notre-Dame area” and
one man has been arrested by police. The mayor has asked people to avoid the area.

The mayor has confirmed a "terrorist attack" in which one person has been killed and several people injured. 

A minute's silence has just been held at the National Assembly, in tribute to the victim of the knife attack in front
of the Notre-Dame basilica in Nice (Alpes-Maritimes). The meeting is suspended...'

This is still a young story and we'll see how it's further reported as a 'terrorist' incident.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Update:
The religion of peace still struggles to get its peaceful message out in another country.
However, a truck isn't required this time.

Quote:Three people have been killed in a knife attack in the French city of Nice, police say.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8525]

'Nice Mayor Christian Estrosi said everything pointed to a "terrorist attack at the heart of the Notre-Dame basilica".
Police said one woman had been beheaded in the attack and Mr Estrosi spoke of "islamofascism". The suspect
was detained shortly after the attack.
France's national anti-terror prosecutors opened a murder inquiry.

The mayor told reporters that the suspect had "repeated endlessly 'Allahu Akbar' (God is greatest) when he was being
treated at the scene". Mr Estrosi said one of those killed was the caretaker at the basilica.

The interior minister appealed to people to avoid the area in the centre of the French Riviera city. Gérald Darmanin said
he was convening a crisis meeting at the ministry in Paris. A minute's silence was held in the National Assembly, where
Prime Minister Jean Castex had just been giving details of lockdown measures coming into force on Thursday night.

"Without question this is a very serious new challenge that is striking our country," he said, appealing for unity and cohesion.
Nice was the target of one of France's deadliest attacks in recent years, when a 31-year-old Tunisian drove a truck into crowds
celebrating Bastille Day on 14 July 2016, killing 86 people...'
BBC:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Question is will the people stop singing "dont look back in anger" and start singing " look forward to revenge"
From Sky News...

Quote:'....Meanwhile, the French anti-terrorist prosecutor's department has been asked to investigate the incident.
The assailant was believed to be acting alone, an official said...'

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing  Acted alone!!!

Quote:'...In Paris, lawmakers in the National Assembly observed a minute's silence in solidarity with the victims.

Reuters journalists at the scene said police armed with automatic weapons had put up a security cordon around the
Notre Dame church,
which is on Nice's Jean Medecin avenue, the city's main shopping thoroughfare.
Sounds of explosions could be heard as sappers detonated suspicious objects...'

Why...? I thought the Notre Dame fire in Paris was an accident?
Why think another one with the same name would be under a possible attack?
Reportedly, two of the victims in Nice were decapitated by the barbarian.

Another armed maniac appeared in Avignon and began threatening people before he was shot dead by the police.

Wakey wakey . . .

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-29-2020, 03:23 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Reportedly, two of the victims in Nice were decapitated by the barbarian.

Another armed maniac appeared in Avignon and began threatening people before he was shot dead by the police.

Wakey wakey . . .

Cheers

They will keep pushing till the people react, then it will force all muslims to join them and fight
I know I should probably get flamed for this.

I am speculating these last few years of immigration policy in Europe were intended to have the same affect as BLM/ANTIFA protests in the US. 

It serves as a vehicle to provide cover. There are immigrants truly fleeing a bad situation and seeking a better life. There are protestors in the US who truly feel a strong need for change in the system. Who has a problem with this? Very few. 

However, there truly are entities who seek to use these people and the goodwill they engender for nefarious purposes. I know there are those who might say nefarious is a strong word. I am not sure describing murder, arson, looting, etc. with less of a description is truthful. 

So... the populations have become agitated. Destabilized. Some might even say fearful. Now what? When does the other shoe drop? When does the wonderful and peaceful solution to all the problems appear. Why all this preparation? 

IDK
(10-29-2020, 03:53 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: ...However, there truly are entities who seek to use these people and the goodwill they engender for nefarious purposes.
I know there are those who might say nefarious is a strong word...

He cut the elderly praying woman's head off in the name of someone he'd never met or spoke to, I'd say his actions
were 'nefarious'!!!
minusculethumbsup

To add weight to these invaders' thoughts...

Macron says France is 'under attack' after deadly stabbing in Nice
(Link)
It will be interesting to see what Macron does next, people no longer want words they want action.
(10-29-2020, 06:10 PM)Wallfire Wrote: It will be interesting to see what Macron does next, people no longer want words they want action.

Well just like the UK, the media have been diluting the problem foe so long that its only
when these killings intensify, are the masses looked at with worry.
They can call 'em isolated instances of mental health as much as they want, but Europe
has fallen for the old Trojan-Horse trick.
minusculethumbsup

Quote:“France is being attacked,” the president said. “Three of our compatriots died at the basilica in Nice today
and at the same time a French consular site was attacked in Saudi Arabia...'
The Guardian:

The same time, huh...? Earlier it was said:
"...the assailant was believed to be acting alone, an official said...'
tinywondering

Quote:'...And meanwhile police confirmed a man doing a Nazi salute while brandishing a handgun
was shot dead 160 miles away in Avignon.

Elsewhere, there have been at least three other incidents as French president Emmanuel Macron
described his country as "under attack".

It was reported a knifeman was caught near a church in Paris after telling his family he wanted to copy
the attack in Nice, while another man was arrested while he was about to board a tram armed with a
12inch knife.

Also, a security guard at the French Consulate in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, was stabbed as anti-France
sentiment rages across many Muslim nations. Macron denounced the Nice bloodbath as an "Islamic
terror attack" and defiantly said the nation would not "give up on our values...'
The Sun:
Macron will act upset about it as long as it is in the public eye.  In a week or so, it will be back to usual -- turn the blind eye.

One thing notable is that these events may lend more weight to M. Le Pen's political efforts.

Cheers

A timeline of attacks in France in the last few years.

Doubt it is complete, but still eye opening.

https://news.sky.com/story/france-a-time...r-10787264

Cheers

(10-29-2020, 03:53 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... the populations have become agitated. Destabilized. Some might even say fearful. Now what? When does the other shoe drop? When does the wonderful and peaceful solution to all the problems appear. Why all this preparation? 

IDK727Sky

Reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mons...%20series.

The internet is the catalyst now, filling people with fear, dread, and hopelessness. Making too many believe our only hope is to kill and destroy anyone that does not look like us, talk like us, worship like us or think like us.

Building up bravado and grooming people to think they are justified in their preemptive actions, because they are sacrificing for the good of their family, community, and country. 

I guess I will be among the first lot to be eliminated, because while I will fight to protect my family, community and country, I am not going to do a preemptive strike on any person that has not hurt me or mine, unless there is "proof" that they are a threat,  proof other then how they look different than me, or worship differently, or believe differently.

Eliminate those that are guilty, assist those that want and need help. Hate brings no good to any problem and will never stop the problem. It blinds you to any truly effective solutions and keeps the fires burning.

I know my view is not welcome on the internet anymore. The internet has become a bastion for hate, and a safe place for those that think alike to preen each other. 

I have watched intelligent loving people, fall victim to fear of something that they have never seen, or experienced, outside of an article or a video, supplied by the same vehicles that they constantly acknowledge as dens of Satan. 

I am not going to shoot my neighbor because he has a machete or a gun. I would have to shoot them all, because everyone of them has both. 

I believe in caution, but caution does not give anyone the authority to kill simply because you have allowed fear to overcome commonsense.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(10-29-2020, 05:34 PM)BIAD Wrote: To add weight to these invaders' thoughts...

Macron says France is 'under attack' after deadly stabbing in Nice
(Link)

How strange. There was a Twitter post in that story from Javad Zarif, Iranian Minister of Something or Other. One of the responses to his tweet was from someone calling himself "Mohammed Lover" (shades of homoeroticism there, eh?) that said, in Persian, "Hello Mr. Zarif, do you not want to expel or summon and interrogate this French ambassador?" Expel or "summon and interrogate" the ambassador of a nation that is under attack? Since when are ambassadors subject to "interrogation" anyhow?

Khamenei tweeted:

Quote:In His Name

Young French people! 

Ask your President why he supports insulting God’s Messenger in the name of freedom of expression. Does freedom of expression mean insulting, especially a sacred personage? Isn’t this stupid act an insult to the reason of the ppl who elected him?

Yes, Mr. Khamenei, "insult" is a form of free expression (you cannot insult someone without expressing the insult, now can you? How would they ever know they had been insulted?), and "sacred" is in the eye of the beholder, now isn't it? Do Christians try to lop YOUR head off every time you insult Isa? Now stop trying to screw around in other countries' politics, mmkay?

What's that I hear? Is it the sound of a flight of Mirage jets heading for Teheran?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-29-2020, 07:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 03:53 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: So... the populations have become agitated. Destabilized. Some might even say fearful. Now what? When does the other shoe drop? When does the wonderful and peaceful solution to all the problems appear. Why all this preparation? 

IDK727Sky

I know my view is not welcome on the internet anymore. The internet has become a bastion for hate, and a safe place for those that think alike to preen each other. 

Your view is always welcome at RN3 - SOMEONE has to keep us honest!

Presenting a varying opinion, I'm no stranger to Islam, so it cannot be fairly said that I am falling "victim to fear of something that they have never seen, or experienced, outside of an article or a video". I WAS a Muslim for a number of years, and then after becoming an "apostate", wound up marrying a Muslim (whom I have since thoroughly ruined, but I assure you that her ruination was not intentional - it just happened).

In my opinion, based upon experience as a Muslim, Islam either has to make great strides to enter the civilized world and become tolerant of others, or utterly perish from the face of the Earth. While individual Muslims can be great friends on an interpersonal level, Islam itself is not and can never be our "friend" as written and promoted in the Islamic world. Islam has no desire to coexist peacefully. The entire thrust of the complete socio-economic-religious-legal system that we know of as "Islam" is to "conquer the earth for Allah, and not stop until the entire world is for Allah". That has been the objective since the days that Mohammed conquered Mecca, and started campaigning against the Banu Qurayza - expanding the scope of his war from there. It's why Islamic Law allows proselytization INTO Islam, but has the death penalty for the reverse situation.

You cannot win against a people who want nothing other than to destroy you and your entire way of life to please their god. It then devolves into an "us or them" situation, literally. Unless and until Islam enters the civilized world and learns to get along, that is the way it is, and will remain.

"Us" or "Them".

I don't care if they want to discuss religion and theology with me, I don't care if they want to trash my deities (mine are entirely capable of defending themselves, and don't need my scrawny human ass to run around and lop off the heads of folks who trash them - If that were the case, wouldn't that mean I was stronger than my god(s)? I mean, if I had to defend them because they were incapable of defending themselves? Who wants a weak god like that?), but I have to draw a hard line when they want to cut off my head simply for being or thinking differently from them. I expect the same consideration from Islam, and if I don't get it, trouble ensues.

"It's nice to be nice, but this is neither the time nor the place" - J.D. LaRue

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-29-2020, 07:32 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

IDK727Sky

The internet is the catalyst now, filling people with fear, dread, and hopelessness. Making too many believe our only hope is to kill and destroy anyone that does not look like us, talk like us, worship like us or think like us.

Building up bravado and grooming people to think they are justified in their preemptive actions, because they are sacrificing for the good of their family, community, and country. 

I guess I will be among the first lot to be eliminated, because while I will fight to protect my family, community and country, I am not going to do a preemptive strike on any person that has not hurt me or mine, unless there is "proof" that they are a threat,  proof other then how they look different than me, or worship differently, or believe differently.

Eliminate those that are guilty, assist those that want and need help. Hate brings no good to any problem and will never stop the problem. It blinds you to any truly effective solutions and keeps the fires burning.

I have watched intelligent loving people, fall victim to fear of something that they have never seen, or experienced, outside of an article or a video, supplied by the same vehicles that they constantly acknowledge as dens of Satan. 

I am not going to shoot my neighbor because he has a machete or a gun. I would have to shoot them all, because everyone of them has both. 

I believe in caution, but caution does not give anyone the authority to kill simply because you have allowed fear to overcome commonsense.

long before the internet there was war, I have studied in great depth the "Troubles" in N Ireland
and indeed have been there and seen some of the worse things and hate.

What you need to think about is any show of kindness is seen as a weakness by islam, the more
people stand back and want to show care and love the more islam will kill. Think about WWII, Europe
kept trying to appease the Germans, more and more and it was just seen as weakness.

WWII could of been stopped had Europe reacted and hit back hard at the very start.
Same thing now, I have seen hate and war and I know that its better that it starts now because
like WWII the longer we appease the more people will die.

Its a shit deal, but islam has pushed it to this, not us. Muslims are not evil, islam is evil, and like
WWII where good Germen men ,women and children had to die for something they did not
believe in or want, the same is going to happen in Europe.

I hate that islam has forced us to react in such a way
(10-29-2020, 08:11 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
Quote:You cannot win against a people who want nothing other than to destroy you and your entire way of life to please their god. It then devolves into an "us or them" situation, literally. Unless and until Islam enters the civilized world and learns to get along, that is the way it is, and will remain.

"Us" or "Them".
"It's nice to be nice, but this is neither the time nor the place" - J.D. LaRue

So what would you like to see happen? What do you see as a resolution?

I may be wrong but it sounds like you think the only solution is to eliminate them all, by any means available. 

That sounds exactly like the mentality you say you are against, when the Muslims are doing the hating.

I only have known two people personally that professed to be Muslims, and I had a brief interaction with a small group of American Muslims way back in the 60s, none of these people fit the description you shared.  So, you are right, my personal knowledge of type of people you describe in your post is non-existent. That does not change how I feel about killing or punishing people who have committed no crimes, even if they may harbor hate in their hearts. 

Just as I think it is wrong for you to be punished for the hate you harbor in your heart. 

Hate is endless and is not an effective solution to any problem.

• minusculebeercheers 

(10-29-2020, 08:24 PM)Wallfire Wrote: I hate that islam has forced us to react in such a way

I don't agree with you. Islam does not have the power to make you kill people because they are Muslim.

You may think it makes you justified in your actions, but all it does is make them feel justified in their actions. So nobody wins.

• minusculebeercheers 

All over cartoons. How fucked up is that. Talk about being whacked.
Whacked was a poor choice of words. Should have said crazy.