Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ruth Bader Ginsburg is Dead. No, Really!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...833343002/
While others would say 

She will face the greatest Judge.

In this case, it's hard to be neutral.
(09-19-2020, 03:00 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...833343002/
While others would say 

I'm not sure when it happened or why it happened, but why do we HAVE to be kind to anyone when they die?

Too soon?

[Image: IQAqYPy.jpg]
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
@"beez" 

Quote:but why do we HAVE to be kind to anyone when they die?

To do what is proper, and to set a good example.  If we are unable to do those things, then we have no claim to moral leadership.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

And the threats and mayhem have already started.  Too much here to post. Read it here: Over our dead bodies
(09-19-2020, 04:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: And the threats and mayhem have already started.  Too much here to post. Read it here: Over our dead bodies

Once again, big talk from the Chatterati 1% who seem to think they're the only ones who have something to say about how things happen.

It used to be a crime to issue threats over the telephone network.  Why is this not the case for social networks ?

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-19-2020, 04:43 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 04:28 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: And the threats and mayhem have already started.  Too much here to post. Read it here: Over our dead bodies

Once again, big talk from the Chatterati 1% who seem to think they're the only ones who have something to say about how things happen.

It used to be a crime to issue threats over the telephone network.  Why is this not the case for social networks ?

Cheers

And there used to be a time when threatening the POTUS would have the Secret Service swooping in to grab the one doing the threatening.
Seems those days don't apply to this President. Why? Because "they" are hoping someone will take him out.

I've seen so many threats against Trump on Twitter, it isn't even funny. 
And that bloody head that Kathy Griffin held up would have been something to get her prison time if it was Obummer's head.
And Madonna talking about blowing up the White House.  Apparently, justice does not apply to the Right.

ARRRGGG!

RBG isn't even room temp yet and the left is planning riots.

tinywhat tinysure

Civility indeed.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-19-2020, 06:28 PM)beez Wrote:

tinywhat tinysure

Civility indeed.

If things get too heated, POTUS may have to declare Martial Law.  I sure hope not, but I think the Left will cause as much destruction and violence as they can to keep people away from the voting booths.
I plan on voting as early as possible!  AT THE POLL!
(09-19-2020, 03:26 PM)beezIn this case, it\s hard to be neutral. Wrote: I'm not sure when it happened or why it happened, but why do we HAVE to be kind to anyone when they die?

Too soon?

'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
*And then runs away*
mediumshy

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8395]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-19-2020, 08:08 PM)BIAD Wrote: *And then runs away*
mediumshy

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8395]

mediumgiggle
(09-19-2020, 12:13 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Mystic Wanderer" 

Quote:Just like that time he was talking to that invisible thing in his seat during the impeachment hearings.

Hey!  The invisible thing resents your remarks!   tinylaughing 

Yeah . . . this whole train of events is more like a never-ending circus train, full of oddities and sideshows.

Cheers

It seems to me to be more like a circus train wreck.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-19-2020, 03:26 PM)beez Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 03:00 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli...833343002/
While others would say 

I'm not sure when it happened or why it happened, but why do we HAVE to be kind to anyone when they die?

Too soon?

Yup. Like my Dear Old Dad used to tell me, "If yer a sonofabitch while you're alive, yer gonna be a sonofabitch forever after you die - dyin' don't change nothin' but yer breathin' pattern".

So, I have no doubt there will be folks celebrating my demise when it comes, and I don't even care. Well, I kinda DO, in a twisted way. If folks who talk shit about me while I'm alive start fawning over my dead carcass after I die, then those sumbitches are hypocrites, and I will come back just to haunt their asses until the day THEY die.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-19-2020, 04:12 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"beez" 

Quote:but why do we HAVE to be kind to anyone when they die?

To do what is proper, and to set a good example.  If we are unable to do those things, then we have no claim to moral leadership.

Cheers

I cannot claim any "moral leadership", or indeed any sort of morality at all, so it's probably a good thing that I never have. I call stuff like I see it - call it a character defect, probably a genetic one.

(09-19-2020, 06:32 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 06:28 PM)beez Wrote:

tinywhat tinysure

Civility indeed.

If things get too heated, POTUS may have to declare Martial Law.  I sure hope not, but I think the Left will cause as much destruction and violence as they can to keep people away from the voting booths.
I plan on voting as early as possible!  AT THE POLL!

That's the plan. It's Marxist Revolution 101. They try to provoke a governmental over-reaction so they can use it for propaganda purposes and rally more Useful Idiots (Stalin's term, not mine) to their cause.

I truly wonder if a better course of action would not be to reinforce the Second Amendment and let the People themselves take care of it... but that comes with it's own set of baggage, so I dunno.

(09-19-2020, 07:40 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: The American people should now expect the same consideration to be applicable. Particularly since the politics are deeply in play....when the Republicans win...nominate. Conversely, should the Dems win....

Agreed. Indeed the American people SHOULD now expect the same consideration to be applicable. Obama got to nominate a candidate for the SCOTUS in his 11th presidential hour, and Trump should be afforded the same consideration. Anything else is just base hypocrisy. No one waited for the election then - why should they wait NOW? Just because it's an opposite party president?

No, that's not how politics work. We don't get to hamstring the president from fulfilling his duties just because we don't like him. It wasn't done to Obama, and should not reasonably be done to Trump. That opens the floodgates for an even worse free-for-all than we are already experiencing. Why even HAVE a government if you're not going to let it perform it's duties?

Leftists Threaten MORE Rioting If Amy Coney Barrett Is Confirmed, They Are Walking Into Trump's TRAP

(You'll have to rewind. It started at the mark where I left off watching, and I can't get it back to the beginning.)