Sean Connery has left the building.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824 
[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: download.jpg]

[Image: images-1.jpg]

[Image: AP-070607069476.jpg]

[Image: download-1.jpg]

[Image: The-Scottish-actor-Sean-Connery-gives-ph...-in-Ha.jpg]

It's sad to lose these fine actors and favorites. There was never a 'bum' movie for Sean, and Many a Box office Hit. Rest in Peace Bond........ James Bond.
I fucking HATE 2020.

tinyok

RIP Mr. Bond.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Damn it, He was and always will be, a star.
RIP Sean.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8539]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(10-31-2020, 02:50 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824 
[Image: images.jpg]

[Image: download.jpg]

[Image: images-1.jpg]

[Image: AP-070607069476.jpg]

[Image: download-1.jpg]

[Image: The-Scottish-actor-Sean-Connery-gives-ph...-in-Ha.jpg]

It's sad to lose these fine actors and favorites. There was never a 'bum' movie for Sean, and Many a Box office Hit. Rest in Peace Bond........ James Bond.

I saw him once, playing golf at St. Andrews, when I was on vacation in Scotland, a number of years back.

It was completely by accident that I was there, but is was a memorable occurrence.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I feel very old and mortal, and in the words of so many  

I FUCKING HATE 2020
Rest in peace Mr. Sean Connery.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinim...f=1&nofb=1]
[Image: YaorfOr.png]

2020. The year that keeps on giving.

Raising my glass to the one and only Bond...James Bond.

RIP Sir Thomas Sean Connery.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Tuesday will bring another opportunity to realize the very valuable lesson he taught me....."shaken, not stirred".
internet Agent Provocateur
NO!

While i would like to use some profanity regarding 2020, i will save that to other threads and shout box.

Rest in peace, Sean Connery. You were my favorite Bond. You were one of the most charismatic persons ever. Your accent sounded awesome! I hope you are not hurting at all now, and i hope you are in a better place. MUCH better place. I will let you go. But your movies are here to stay.

mediumcrying
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(11-01-2020, 05:44 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: ...Rest in peace, Sean Connery. You were my favorite Bond. 

He was my best King Richard!
I laughed my ass off when he appeared in 'Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves' as the legendary Lion-heart.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8543]

The truth of the matter is that King Richard spent only a few months in England and was actually French!
When he wasn't on his Crusades, he enjoyed France and saw England as is his cash-cow.

During a journey to his first crusade, The pope asked him to sack Sicily and due to some malarkey that involved
money and duplicity, he had to return to France on a difficult and dangerous route through Europe.

Then, being captured because he gave a highly-decorative ring to a peasant boy in order to buy food with it,
Leopold of Austria and later, the Holy Roman Emperor Henry VI held him for ransom.
Meanwhile back in England, Richard's brother -John, was supposed to collect the money from the English
population for Richard's release.

But being so powerful during his brother's absence, John dragged his heels on solving the situation (Hence
the Robin Hood connection) and it was Richard's mother -Eleanor of Aquitaine who eventually acquired the
funds from England's Lords and noblemen.
(She kept an eye on John after that!)

To cut a long story short, King Richard was an asshole and never lived-up to the legend that came later,
nor did he meet Sean Connery's prowess as the guy in the forest who hailed "Hold" at Robin and Marion's
wedding.

Oddly enough, the reality was the English peasantry loved him, probably because of his absence!
minusculethumbsup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There can be only one. 

RIP Mr. Bond
Resht in peashe, Mr. Bond.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Quote:The Times
Commander James Bond, C.M.G., R.N.V.R.

M. writes:--

As your readers will have learned from earlier issues, a senior officer of the Ministry of Defence, Commander James Bond, C.M.G., R.N.V.R., is missing, believed killed, while on an official mission to Japan. It grieves me to have to report that hopes of his survival must now be abandoned. It therefore falls to my lot, as the Head of the Department he served so well, to give some account of this officer and of his outstanding services to his country.

James Bond was born of a Scottish father, Andrew Bond of Glencoe, and a Swiss mother, Monique Delacroix, from the Canton de Vaud. His father being a foreign representative of the Vickers armaments firm, his early education, from which he inherited a first-class command of French and German, was entirely abroad. When he was eleven years of age, both his parents were killed in a climbing accident in the Aiguilles Rouges above Chamonix, and the youth came under the guardianship of an aunt, since deceased, Miss Charmian Bond, and went to live with her at the quaintly-named hamlet of Pett Bottom near Canterbury in Kent. There, in a small cottage hard by the attractive Duck Inn, his aunt, who must have been a most erudite and accomplished lady, completed his education for an English public school, and, at the age of twelve or thereabouts, he passed satisfactorily into Eton, for which College he had been entered at his birth by his father. It must be admitted that his career at Eton was brief and undistinguished and, after only two halves, as a result, it pains me to record, of some alleged trouble with one of the boys' maids, his aunt was requested to remove him. She managed to obtain his transfer to Fettes, his father's old school. Here the atmosphere was somewhat Calvinistic, and both academic and athletic standards were rigourous. Nevertheless, though inclined to be solitary by nature, he established some firm friendships among the traditionally famous athletic circles at the school. By the time he left, at the early age of seventeen, he had twice fought for the school as a light-weight and had, in addition, founded the first serious judo class at a British public school. By now it was 1941 and, by claiming an age of nineteen and with the help of an old Vickers colleague of his father, he entered a branch of what was subsequently to become the Ministry of Defence. To serve the confidential nature of his duties, he was accorded the rank of lieutenant in the Special Branch of the R.N.V.R., and it is a measure of the satisfaction his services gave to his superiors that he ended the war with the rank of Commander. It was about this time that the writer became associated with certain aspects of the Ministry's work, and it was with much gratification that I accepted Commander Bond's post-war application to continue working for the Ministry in which, at the time of his lamented disappearance, he had risen to the rank of Principal Officer in the Civil Service.

The nature of Commander Bond's duties with the Ministry, which were, incidentally, recognized by the appointment of C.M.G. in 1954, must remain confidential, nay secret, but his colleagues at the Ministry will allow that he performed them with outstanding bravery and distinction, although occasionally, through an impetuous strain in his nature, with a streak of the foolhardy that brought him in conflict with higher authority. But he possessed what almost amounted to "The Nelson Touch" in moments of the highest emergency, and he somehow contrived to escape more or less unscathed from the many adventurous paths down which his duties led him. The inevitable publicity, particularly in the foreign press, accorded some of these adventures, made him, much against his will, something of a public figure, with the inevitable result that a series of popular books came to be written around him by a personal friend and former colleague of James Bond. If the quality of these books, or their degree of veracity, had been any higher, the author would certainly have been prosecuted under the Official Secrets Act. It is a measure of the disdain in which these fictions are held at the Ministry, that action has not yet -- I emphasize the qualification -- been taken against the author and publisher of these high-flown and romanticized caricatures of episodes in the career of a outstanding public servant.

It only remains to conclude this brief in memoriam by assuring his friends that Commander Bond's last mission was one of supreme importance to the State. Although it now appears that, alas, he will not return from it, I have the authority of the highest quarters in the land to confirm that the mission proved to be one hundred per cent successful. It is no exaggeration to pronounce unequivocally that, through the recent valorous efforts of this one man, the Safety of the Realm has received mighty reassurance.

James Bond was briefly married in 1962, to Teresa, only daughter of Marc-Ange Draco, of Marseilles. The marriage ended in tragic circumstances that were reported in the press at the time. There was no issue of the marriage and James Bond leaves, so far as I am aware, no relative living.

M.G. writes:
I was happy and proud to serve Commander Bond in a close capacity during the past three years at the Ministry of Defence. If our fears for him are justified, may I suggest these simple words for his epitaph? Many of the junior staff here feel they represent his philosophy:

"I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]