Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NESSIE is BACK!
(09-27-2021, 11:10 AM)BIAD Wrote: I see what you mean. Here's a the second video of Richard Maver's charity expedition.
I glanced at it and there is a red canoe, but never in a position where any meagre drone footage shows it.
tinywondering

I think that I've found the elusive red canoe bit (with added Nessieness)

It's at 13'56 in that same video (Part 2 of the great canoe challenge thing...)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10103]

Red canoe is further along the shore to the right of the others.... "Nessie" in the water just off its bow.

minusculebeercheersG

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-27-2021, 06:37 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Well damn tinybighuh  look`s like it was not then "the nessie" but  digitally created fake nessie ? Or what is the final verdict ?

I'm sorry to say that the jury is leaning quite heavily towards it being a photo of toy plesiosaur digitally inserted into video (twice) to get more clicks for charity video, but it may not yet be 100%... I'm waiting to hear replies from the rest of the guys first!

G
(09-27-2021, 06:57 PM)gordi Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 06:37 PM)Kenzo Wrote: Well damn tinybighuh  look`s like it was not then "the nessie" but  digitally created fake nessie ? Or what is the final verdict ?

I'm sorry to say that the jury is leaning quite heavily towards it being a photo of toy plesiosaur digitally inserted into video (twice) to get more clicks for charity video, but it may not yet be 100%... I'm waiting to hear replies from the rest of the guys first!

G

Thanks for the red-canoe image, I just couldn't grab it with my laptop!
But sure enough, as the TOS member said, there's the red canoe and there's the disturbance in the water nearby!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10106]

In regards of @Kenzo's query, I don't think it was an intentional fake generated by the YouTuber.
The charity-click connection isn't the best of optics and the signals it sends in fooling the public could have repercussions
on their donations. I mean, what else are they up to in the world of deceit? -that sort of thing.

Richard Maver -the Youtuber, has put too much work into his hobbies and being a commercial pilot.. again, bad optics.

I can make the toy Plesiosaur work to fit the shape in the original location claim, but I'm struggling to accept that
the outdoors-man and professional pilot would screw up his standing with those who took part in the charity canoeing,
his YouTube subscribers and the Alzheimer's society.
tinysure

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10107]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-27-2021, 06:38 PM)gordi Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:10 AM)BIAD Wrote: I see what you mean. Here's a the second video of Richard Maver's charity expedition.
I glanced at it and there is a red canoe, but never in a position where any meagre drone footage shows it.
tinywondering

I think that I've found the elusive red canoe bit (with added Nessieness)

It's at 13'56 in that same video (Part 2 of the great canoe challenge thing...)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10103]

Red canoe is further along the shore to the right of the others.... "Nessie" in the water just off its bow.

minusculebeercheersG

Leave it Gordi to harpoon our Nessie hunt!  smallrofl

That's a fine bit of Nessie hunting there, Gordi!

The image you posted of the red canoe on the beach does appear to be the same canoe, on the same beach, with the same bush to the left of it and the same cairn of rocks in the edge of the loch to the right of it, just from a different angle. Off to hunt that clip down now and eyeball it for angles.

Looks like the mystery may be solved, which then begs the question of WHY someone would go to all that trouble to insert it and then not mention it, just post it and wait for an eagle-eyed other to notice. What if no one ever did? It's pretty faint in that murky water - would the hoaxer then have eventually had to point it out himself in some obscure way?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-27-2021, 06:57 PM)gordi Wrote:

G

Yeeh, my vote is that it`s fakery, but as BIAD just writed , it`s hard to see motive of that man to do such also .

Isn't the Scotland Yard allready investigating this  minusculethinking
(09-27-2021, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Leave it Gordi to harpoon our Nessie hunt!  

That's a fine bit of Nessie hunting there, Gordi!

The image you posted of the red canoe on the beach does appear to be the same canoe, on the same beach, with the same bush to the left of it and the same cairn of rocks in the edge of the loch to the right of it, just from a different angle. Off to hunt that clip down now and eyeball it for angles.

Looks like the mystery may be solved, which then begs the question of WHY someone would go to all that trouble to insert it and then not mention it, just post it and wait for an eagle-eyed other to notice. What if no one ever did? It's pretty faint in that murky water - would the hoaxer then have eventually had to point it out himself in some obscure way?

That's a very good question and as I posted previously, it would be very damaging on so many levels.
But there's another quandary, the original location where the drone footage was taken, shows a strange shape -that is
now assumed to be CGI, approaching two canoes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10108]

The red canoe -that also shows a vague shape in the water, sits on a shore alone and the weather is different.
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10109]

Are we now seeing two creatures snooping around a group in two entirely different locations at two different times?!

Here's some information on the guy who took the footage.
Richard Maver lives in Embsay, North Yorkshire. Considering he also has a website dedicated to selling outdoor 'fire-troughs',
I'll be surprised if he was involved in installing a fake monster.

He gains nothing from it except distrust and that can have a serious effect in this current 'Cancel' culture.
tinywondering

Maver gets a mention in local newspaper. The Craven Herald.

Quote:1st October 2020
WATCH: So what does a pilot do during lockdown?

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10110]

'AS pilot Richard Mavor parked the Boeing 777 at Heathrow on Feb 7, 2020 and disembarked 250 passengers
having arrived from Abu Dhabi, he was blissfully unaware that this would be the last time he would be at the controls
of this mighty airliner until June.

As an instructor and examiner on the aircraft, the Embsay resident was preparing himself for a seven-day stint in the
flight simulator overseeing the airline’s pilots undergo their six-monthly assessments. As March progressed, along
with Covid-19, all non-essential training was cancelled and, like many businesses, staff were all sent home.

“The future was incredibly uncertain and so I began to dig in for a long wait,” Richard explained.
“The financial hit was considerable so I had to consider ways and means of tightening our belts as we waited it out.

“I have always been very much the outdoor type and keep myself very physically fit. Long-distance hiking and camping
were always my regular activities. “As such, I began to plan for when times became better. Home schooling of our two
young children would also take up much of my time.

“Aside from regularly purchasing (frequently too much!) equipment, I also enjoy manufacturing small items for my adventures.
I have taught myself how to work with leather and produced such items as knife sheaths and various leather cases.
“I have always used YouTube as my means of learning a skill and contribute back to the viewing community with my own
YouTube channel – I now have about 3,500 subscribers...'

The assumed toy used for the fakery:
£15.00 [$20.56] (Ex. VAT) £18.00 (Inc. VAT)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10111]

SKU:TT-DINO-WATER
Hardness Scale:2
Weight:800g
Dimensions:45cm x 20cm x 10cm
Age Range:3 years +

and the company that sells them:

TALKINGTURTLETOYS
Unit C Buckshaw Link Ordnance Road
Buckshaw Village
Chorley
PR77EL

(09-27-2021, 08:26 PM)BIAD Wrote: Here's some information on the guy who took the footage.
Richard Maver lives in Embsay, North Yorkshire. Considering he also has a website dedicated to selling outdoor 'fire-troughs',
I'll be surprised if he was involved in installing a fake monster.

He gains nothing from it except distrust and that can have a serious effect in this current 'Cancel' culture.
tinywondering

Maybe unconnected but his son Sam Mavor, whom he name-checks in some of his youtubby video credits/notes, works for Peoples Cinema.

From the "About" section of Peoples Cinema's FB blurb...
Quote:Peoples Cinema is a platform where filmmakers can upload trailers to be considered by the hub community with the chance of national TV credit...

I think he's mainly a film-score composer, but.... he'd certainly have connections to "creative" movie types...

Re: motive...
Maybe they just wanted more hits on the videos, or more commentary on the vid discussions etc not realising that it could back-fire?
Maybe his son's creative pals helped with the editing and did it for a laugh without his knowledge?

Edit:
I see that comments are now turned OFF for the video in question on YT!!
I'm guessing that they now realise that the game is up!?! LOL
(09-27-2021, 08:47 PM)gordi Wrote: Maybe unconnected but his son Sam Mavor, whom he name-checks in some of his youtubby video credits/notes, works for Peoples Cinema.

From the "About" section of Peoples Cinema's FB blurb...
Quote:Peoples Cinema is a platform where filmmakers can upload trailers to be considered by the hub community with the chance of national TV credit...

I think he's mainly a film-score composer, but.... he'd certainly have connections to "creative" movie types...

Re: motive...
Maybe they just wanted more hits on the videos, or more commentary on the vid discussions etc not realising that it could back-fire?
Maybe his son's creative pals helped with the editing and did it for a laugh without his knowledge?

Edit:
I see that comments are now turned OFF for the video in question on YT!!
I'm guessing that they now realise that the game is up!?! LOL

The son connection could be meaningful and if he did insert the fake beastie into his Dad's charity-based video,
there'll be a reckoning -if not by his father, then by the Alzheimer's society.

The YouTube comments turn-off is telling.
tinywondering
(09-27-2021, 08:05 PM)BIAD Wrote: But there's another quandary, the original location where the drone footage was taken, shows a strange shape -that is
now assumed to be CGI, approaching two canoes.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10108]

The red canoe -that also shows a vague shape in the water, sits on a shore alone and the weather is different.
tinyhuh

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10109]

Are we now seeing two creatures snooping around a group in two entirely different locations at two different times?!

Yep, it's two different locations at two different times. Before each shot they show an OSGB topographic map of the current location.

So is Nessie supposed to be following them then? What is her fascination with this particular expedition? Are the using haggis as Nessie-bait?

... Or is she perhaps after that cute little plushie Nessie that keeps working it's way into frame, from the dash of a car to the bow of a canoe, thinking she is going to rescue an offspring?

I'm struggling to find a reason for a hoax. Sure, there are indications there that all may not be as it seems, yet the biggie, motivation for that much work for so fleeting a return, is absent. In the second "sighting", for example, the one Gordi located for us, the shape in the water is visible for only a split second before the drone pans it out of frame altogether. You would have to be looking for it to see it at all.

And there are your points to consider, that it would be detrimental on so many levels, with no discernible gains. Gordi makes a good point that it may be click-bait to generate clicks, but the bad would seem to me to outweigh the good.

Gordi doubtlessly located the same image as was posted over at TOS - here I have inset the TOS image into Gordi's image for comparisons, and all objects correspond perfectly:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10112]

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-27-2021, 08:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Yep, it's two different locations at to different times. Before each shot they show an OSGB yopographic
map of the current location.

So is Nessie supposed to be following them then? What is her fascination with this particular expedition?
Are the using haggis as Nessie-bait?

... Or is she perhaps after that cute little plushie Nessie that keeps working it's way into frame, from the
dash of a car to the bow of a canoe, thinking she is going to rescue an offspring?

Who's to say there aren't other aquatic fakes quietly placed in other sections of the video?

Quote:I'm struggling to find a reason for a hoax. Sure, there are indications there that all may not be as it seems,
yet the biggie, motivation for that much work for so fleeting a return, is absent. In the second "sighting",
for example, the one Gordi located for us, the shape in the water is visible for only a split second before
the drone pans it out of frame altogether. You would have to be looking for it to see it at all...

Me too in regards of the reason, it's more elusive than the monster!
I did see the 2nd shore opportunity, but it's fleeting and I can only admire the TOS member for his/her acute
scrutiny of the entire video. The actual time it's on screen is miniscule.

But the double-catch of Nessie in positions of such vagueness that you'd have to have intent to look for them
in the first place, is stretching credulity a bit! Gordi's mention of a media-connection may have a bearing.
(09-27-2021, 09:20 PM)BIAD Wrote: Who's to say there aren't other aquatic fakes quietly placed in other sections of the video?

I've been thinking the same thing, and may go on an easter egg hunt for Nessie appearances at some point. Curiously, there is a drone shot of the second site later in the video, approaching from the other direction, with no Nessie in sight in it, despite her apparent interest in the red canoe...

Quote:
Quote:I'm struggling to find a reason for a hoax. Sure, there are indications there that all may not be as it seems,
yet the biggie, motivation for that much work for so fleeting a return, is absent. In the second "sighting",
for example, the one Gordi located for us, the shape in the water is visible for only a split second before
the drone pans it out of frame altogether. You would have to be looking for it to see it at all...

Me too in regards of the reason, it's more elusive than the monster!
I did see the 2nd shore opportunity, but it's fleeting and I can only admire the TOS member for his/her acute
scrutiny of the entire video. The actual time it's on screen is miniscule.

But the double-catch of Nessie in positions of such vagueness that you'd have to have intent to look for them
in the first place, is stretching credulity a bit! Gordi's mention of a media-connection may have a bearing.

It may be that he's on to something, just something I can't comprehend. I've never been interested in clicks and such, so that possibility would likely go right over my head. If that is the case, then it appears to have gone horribly wrong and backfired on them, if they felt the need to disable comments on the video.

There's also the possibility that Sonny had it done during film editing as a prank on Pa, and that Pa had no clue about what was being done and had an "oh SHIT!" moment delivered to him...

I've been trying to figure out HOW it could have been done, and reached the conclusion that tinkering with transparency could create the "fade in" effect of having it appear to rise from the depths, and could account for the appearance that it is submerged under the waves. It would have to be done frame by frame, in order to create thee fade-in and motion towards the beach.

I don't know about the lighting matching. Could lighting and shade be changed in Photoshop? I don't know enough about that to assess it. Another possibility could be that the actual toy had been purchased, photographed against a green-screen or had the background removed as a transparency in a PNG (after properly lighting it, of course), and then THAT image manipulated into the frames of the video.

(09-26-2021, 11:07 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 11:00 PM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 01:26 AM)guohua Wrote:
(09-26-2021, 12:51 AM)Ninurta Wrote: .

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10086]

Looks DAMN Real To me! 
@"Ninurta"   minusculegoodjob Very Well Done.
 I wonder how long that yellow canoe is on the beach?

I assumed it to be a 16 footer, which is how I estimated the length of the floaty thingy. If the canoe is a different length, that will affect the size estimate of the floater. The floater is 1.77 times the length of that canoe.

I can't say if it is real or not. Wish I could.
They used A.I years ago to create this synthetic Obumber , which really look Obama but is not . So the technology has gone to point where cant allways see anymore is it fake or not ??

God i hate watching him....even if it`s fake ..
(09-28-2021, 06:15 AM)Kenzo Wrote: They used A.I years ago to create this synthetic Obumber , which really look Obama but is not.
So the technology has gone to point where cant always see anymore is it fake or not ??

It's breath-taking what they can do with images these days... and have done for a very long time.
Most people believed before the advent of computers, fakery was difficult, but newspapers did it
frequently.
tinywondering

But that 'double-catch' of Nessie was a bit much, a rarely-seen piece of Scottish folklore that intrepid
monster-hunters and serious scientists have searched decades for, shows up twice in a single video?!

I wonder -if not a genuine unique instance of capturing footage of such an evasive creature, how the
54 year-old pilot -Mr Maver, is dealing with the furore that the international media are causing from his
'accidental' recording of the beastie and the concern that if such a use of computer-trickery is involved,
the fallout regarding his career as a pilot and his work in the charity sector may have.

If he was part of a silly ruse to fool the pubic for attention towards his canoe-gig for the Alzheimer's Society,
who else -including the said-charity, was involved? How long did it take to set up? Are the other members
of his loch-boating group part of the scheme...? or were they kept in the dark about the deceit?

There are a lot of negatives surrounding the outcome of this YouTube video, negatives that can effect those
who -at the moment, seem to be remaining silent after a small comment on Twitter.
Twitter:

25th September.
Jack Posobiec (shows the footage) comments 'weird'.

Kricket Louisa Replying to  @JackPosobiec
Looks like an alligator backwards to me

Richard Mavor
We don’t get alligators in Scotland, I’m afraid. I shot the footage!

We'll just have to wait and see.
(09-28-2021, 09:00 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-28-2021, 06:15 AM)Kenzo Wrote: They used A.I years ago to create this synthetic Obumber , which really look Obama but is not.
So the technology has gone to point where cant always see anymore is it fake or not ??

It's breath-taking what they can do with images these days... and have done for a very long time.
Most people believed before the advent of computers, fakery was difficult, but newspapers did it
frequently.
tinywondering

But that 'double-catch' of Nessie was a bit much, a rarely-seen piece of Scottish folklore that intrepid
monster-hunters and serious scientists have searched decades for, shows up twice in a single video?!

I wonder -if not a genuine unique instance of capturing footage of such an evasive creature, how the
54 year-old pilot -Mr Maver, is dealing with the furore that the international media are causing from his
'accidental' recording of the beastie and the concern that if such a use of computer-trickery is involved,
the fallout regarding his career as a pilot and his work in the charity sector may have.

If he was part of a silly ruse to fool the pubic for attention towards his canoe-gig for the Alzheimer's Society,
who else -including the said-charity, was involved? How long did it take to set up? Are the other members
of his loch-boating group part of the scheme...? or were they kept in the dark about the deceit?

There are a lot of negatives surrounding the outcome of this YouTube video, negatives that can effect those
who -at the moment, seem to be remaining silent after a small comment on Twitter.
Twitter:

25th September.
Jack Posobiec (shows the footage) comments 'weird'.

Kricket Louisa Replying to  @JackPosobiec
Looks like an alligator backwards to me

Richard Mavor
We don’t get alligators in Scotland, I’m afraid. I shot the footage!

We'll just have to wait and see.

Was on the national news here with a live interview with Mavor.   He seemed genuinely surprised that the shots appeared in his video and of the coverage.  Either he doesn't have a clue how the footage appeared or delivered an Oscar nominee performance.

I was surprised to see it after the write up here on Rogue.  I puffed up and told True Love  the story as related here.

A good thread to follow each day.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(09-28-2021, 09:33 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Was on the national news here with a live interview with Mavor.
He seemed genuinely surprised that the shots appeared in his video and of the coverage. 
Either he doesn't have a clue how the footage appeared or delivered an Oscar nominee performance.

I was surprised to see it after the write up here on Rogue.  I puffed up and told True Love  the story as related here.

A good thread to follow each day.

Kind regards,

Bally:)

I think his lack of emphasis about what Loch Ness is known for shows that he is an unwilling participant in this
monster-hunting craze. He gives more focus to the tribulations during the trek than hinting he's paddling above
some large aquatic beastie!

No, there's something not quite right here, but Richard Maver doesn't seem to be involved.
Either he's unwittingly filmed TWO objects close to the beached canoes or somebody is playing silly-buggers with
his footage afterwards.

The first suggestion is remarkable, a feat that nobody has done before. The latter, a regular act that we find these
days, for attention of various needs.

It's a mystery within a mystery!
minusculethinking
(09-27-2021, 11:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Look at the shadows thrown by the canoes in the two images, The TOS image doesn't have them, at all.

I'm 99% sure it's from a different video, but also from a different place.

I took a retake of the entire video and it seems the scenes aren't in a sequence we'd expect when viewing
the Great Glen Canoe Challenge (II) in a continuity-form.

Ignoring the YouTube thumbnail (when the mouse is hovered over the visual link only shows the actual drone
shots and Richard Maver mouthing silently), we open the video with a scene where the group are already beached.

As Gordi points out, Richard's son -Sam Mavor, is credited with the composing of the backing music and after a
quick drone glance, Richard genially explains his route across Loch Ness from Fort Augustus. (The southern end of
the loch.)

But the impression one gets is that after leaving the river, they arrived at the eastern-side of the loch and due to
repairs on one of the gang's canoe, Richard hints to the camera that this is where they're spending the night.
(I believe the day was used-up actually getting onto the Loch itself.)

The background shows the canoes nestled amongst large moss-strewn boulders very close to the water and trees
overhead.
No wide expanse of shingle and on a bend in the shoreline -as in the drone footage, but Richard later is seen doing
a spot of fishing, he then states its Day-3 and they've found the shingle beach where they are now camping once
more. 
This is where the drone captures the first so-called underwater 'shape'.

The next morning, Richard says they are 17 miles from the other end of the loch and the Ness is classified as 23 miles
long. This probably means his group are just across and south on the loch from Urquhart Castle and on Google maps,
there is a stony beach with a slight projection at one end that resembles the footage shown.
But it's almost opposite the castle and we're not sure where Richard deems the end of their Loch Ness Journey.
Is it where the river Ness starts or the town of Inverness?

Five miles on, they beach again and have lunch. A bit more paddling, and Day 4 is over and they're camping onshore,
close to the Loch Ness Equestrian Centre. The drone once more, shows the eastern beach and this time, we get a tiny
glimpse of our second monster sniffing around a red canoe.
Richard thanks the viewers for passing the £10,000 mark for the charity.

The next day, they leave for Inverness.
.......................................................................................................................

And that's it. No commentary about strange shapes in the water and no buzz-words that are often found around the
subject of Loch Ness. Just a few men and a dog messin' about on the water... for charity!
(09-28-2021, 10:28 AM)BIAD Wrote: .......................................................................................................................

And that's it. No commentary about strange shapes in the water and no buzz-words that are often found around the
subject of Loch Ness. Just a few men and a dog messin' about on the water... for charity!

Yes, that segment struck me yesterday, with the dog in it. The dog is sitting there in the canoe, suddenly alerts on something out on the water and barks, then the shot cuts away. That made me wonder what on earth a dog would alert on in the middle of a big wide lake.

Another thing that struck me was the silent references to Nessie - the plushie of Nessie that worms it's way into shots, from sitting on a car dash during the drive in to a couple shots of it in a canoe bow at different points during the journey, and the wall mural of Nessie along the canal at Inverness that the panning camera lingers on without comment.It IS Loch Ness, so I would expect some references to Nessie in some form, but at the same time I would expect some sort of comment, even if only in jest

(09-28-2021, 02:07 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Yes, that segment struck me yesterday, with the dog in it. The dog is sitting there in the canoe, suddenly alerts on something out on the water and barks, then the shot cuts away. That made me wonder what on earth a dog would alert on in the middle of a big wide lake.

Another thing that struck me was the silent references to Nessie - the plushie of Nessie that worms it's way into shots, from sitting on a car dash during the drive in to a couple shots of it in a canoe bow at different points during the journey, and the wall mural of Nessie along the canal at Inverness that the panning camera lingers on without comment.
It IS Loch Ness, so I would expect some references to Nessie in some form, but at the same time I would expect some sort of comment,
even if only in jest.

Maybe that's what was happening right in front if us, footage of a charity-based trek in an environment where some would
be watching for an entirely different reason. With friendly 'Nessie' references initially sparsely scattered about the video, maybe
a decision was made to strengthen the link between the canoeists and a mythological creature in the same place by inserting
the very treat many would associate with Loch Ness.
The YouTube views bears this out.

But who did it...? And did the rest of the group know it was going to be done? This is what intrigues me.
tinybiggrin

Edit: I'm currently checking the others who were on the challenge. Simon, A Bloke In The Woods. and Simon Eardley.