Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NESSIE is BACK!
(09-27-2021, 09:27 AM)Bally002 Wrote: The story has come up on "that other site".  Usual skeptics which is fine but another pic near a different canoe, red one.  

Perhaps post the Ninurta vid.  Might get some bites.

Just being cheeky,

Kind regards,

Bally:)

One of the 'Other Site' members posted an image from the drone footage that I'm struggling to find.

It's stated the 'shape' in the loch appears at 13.56 and there is aerial footage of a red canoe... but it's
only for a second and disappears almost instantly out of shot.
Also, the angle of the film-capture seems wrong.

Maybe it's me, but I've looked several times and just cannot see it.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(09-27-2021, 10:03 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 09:27 AM)Bally002 Wrote: The story has come up on "that other site".  Usual skeptics which is fine but another pic near a different canoe, red one.  

Just being cheeky,

Kind regards,

One of the 'Other Site' members posted an image from the drone footage that I'm struggling to find.

It's stated the 'shape' in the loch appears at 13.56 and there is aerial footage of a red canoe... but it's
only for a second and disappears almost instantly out of shot.
Also, the angle of the film-capture seems wrong.

Maybe it's me, but I've looked several times and just cannot see it.
tinywondering

Have a look at the pic in my previous post mate.  I can see a similar shape near the red canoe.

A good shot compared to the others.

Kind regards,

Just being cheeky,

Kind regards,

Yeah man, post it. I posted it to the New York Post twitter feed, and the more the merrier!

It seems more compelling to me when it is stabilized. I've seen other sites, one of which I will post a link to shortly, that are not convinced.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-27-2021, 10:11 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Have a look at the pic in my previous post mate.  I can see a similar shape near the red canoe.

A good shot compared to the others.

Kind regards,

Yep, I saw it and it looks impressive, but I couldn't locate the specific angled-shot on the original YouTube video.

Here's the image we're discussing from TOS -with Ninurta's grabbed images that made-up his gif.
The angle is different from the '3.52' time-stamp and the only other drone-shot of a red canoe begins 13.56
and the canoe is seen at the bottom-left of the video... for a second!

Yet, the angle of the drone's camera is entirely different in both -the 3.52 capture and the 13.56 grab taken from
the drone.
It's confusing.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10095]

Maybe it's from another canoeist's drone?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-27-2021, 09:29 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Pic from TOS.

[Image: Nessie.jpg]

Is this for real or a cut and paste.  If I have overstepped the mark regarding reposting this pic please delete Mods.  Posted on the thread re Nessie at TOS>

Kind regards,

Bally

No.

That is not the same beach, nor is it the same video. I don't know where they got that image from, but it wasn't the Nessie video under discussion.

Here is the widest angle shot I have for the video segment in question> if you right click and download it, you will get the full resolution of 1920 x 1080:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10096]

I count 8 canoes, NONE of them are red. NONE of them have the forward 1/4 in the water as this red canoe does. NONE of them have a bush to the left on the beach as the posted image shows. The contrast is different, as is the sunlight illumination. The green of the vegetation is darker, more tropical looking. The orientation of the waves is parallel to the shoreline, where the orientation of the waves is perpendicular in our video, This image is not from the same video. I would guess this is just someone trying to muddy the waters (or silt them up with peat, since this IS Loch Ness we are discussing!) by introducing spurious images.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-27-2021, 10:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah man, post it. I posted it to the New York Post twitter feed, and the more the merrier!

Ninurta Makes The Mainstream Media... It's Official!
(Although they don't mention his name, the bastards!)

The New York Post:

Quote:‘Loch Ness Monster’ spotted again! This time on drone footage

'A British outdoorsman paddling through Scotland’s Loch Ness for a long-distance charity canoe trip
may have inadvertently captured drone footage of the fabled Loch Ness Monster.

“The last thing I want to do is make a Nessie claim,” Richard Mavor told The Post. “I’m the most skeptical
of people. But watching this I think yeah, there’s something a bit strange here.”

The video image taken last month of a long, thin form just beneath the water’s surface was so fleeting that
Mavor, 54, didn’t notice it when he posted it Sept. 1...'
However, in regards of the TOS image, there is a lead...
(From the above article)

Quote:'...He created two lengthy videos to chronicle a four-day, 62-mile paddling expedition that raised 15,000 pounds
for theAlzheimer’s Society charity and posted them to his YouTube channel, Richard Outdoors...'

So there's another video.
(09-27-2021, 10:52 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Yeah man, post it. I posted it to the New York Post twitter feed, and the more the merrier!

Ninurta Makes The Mainstream Media... It's Official!
(Although they don't mention his name, the bastards!)

The New York Post:

Quote:‘Loch Ness Monster’ spotted again! This time on drone footage

'A British outdoorsman paddling through Scotland’s Loch Ness for a long-distance charity canoe trip
may have inadvertently captured drone footage of the fabled Loch Ness Monster.

“The last thing I want to do is make a Nessie claim,” Richard Mavor told The Post. “I’m the most skeptical
of people. But watching this I think yeah, there’s something a bit strange here.”

The video image taken last month of a long, thin form just beneath the water’s surface was so fleeting that
Mavor, 54, didn’t notice it when he posted it Sept. 1...'

I got credited in their twitter feed, since I posted it from my twitter account, so it's all good. I ain't looking for fame, just fact.

(09-27-2021, 10:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I got credited in their twitter feed, since I posted it from my twitter account, so it's all good. I ain't looking for fame, just fact.

That's great!!
(I mentioned above that the article spoke of two videos from the YouTuber and I'm looking for the second one)
(09-27-2021, 10:52 AM)BIAD Wrote: However, in regards of the TOS image, there is a lead...
(From the above article)

Quote:'...He created two lengthy videos to chronicle a four-day, 62-mile paddling expedition that raised 15,000 pounds
for theAlzheimer’s Society charity and posted them to his YouTube channel, Richard Outdoors...'

Look at the shadows thrown by the canoes in the two images, The TOS image doesn't have them, at all.

I'm 99% sure it's from a different video, but also from a different place.

(09-27-2021, 11:01 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:56 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I got credited in their twitter feed, since I posted it from my twitter account, so it's all good. I ain't looking for fame, just fact.

That's great!!
(I mentioned above that the article spoke of two videos from the YouTuber and I'm looking for the second one)

It said they were both posted to YouTube, so should be found there. Has anyone asked the TOS poster for a link to the video he used, for research purposes?

(09-27-2021, 11:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 10:52 AM)BIAD Wrote: However, in regards of the TOS image, there is a lead...
(From the above article)

Look at the shadows thrown by the canoes in the two images, The TOS image doesn't have them, at all.

I see what you mean. Here's a the second video of Richard Maver's charity expedition.
I glanced at it and there is a red canoe, but never in a position where any meagre drone footage shows it.
tinywondering

(09-27-2021, 11:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote: It said they were both posted to YouTube, so should be found there.
Has anyone asked the TOS poster for a link to the video he used, for research purposes?

I tend to steer clear of that place and I am surprised no source and time-stamp is offered.
(09-27-2021, 11:10 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(From the above article)

I see what you mean. Here's a the second video of Richard Maver's charity expedition.
I glanced at it and there is a red canoe, but never in a position where any meagre drone footage shows it.
tinywondering

I've been looking through it, but have not found the section in question. I will say the sky is more overcast, so no shadows, and the vegetation appears darker, because no direct sunlight, but at 13:56 all I see is our intrepid hero paddling bravely forward, no beaches, or shoreline.

But there is a red canoe in it, and a bunch of folks driving on the wrong side of the road, which is a harrowing experience to watch...

(09-27-2021, 11:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I've been looking through it, but have not found the section in question.
I will say the sky is more overcast, so no shadows, and the vegetation appears darker, because no direct sunlight,
but at 13:56 all I see is our intrepid hero paddling bravely forward, no beaches...

Yep... so we have a mysterious video-grab, an odd angled-shot of a red canoe on a beach and a mysterious time-stamp
that doesn't reasonably fit either of the two videos that Mather took. It's a puzzle.
tinywondering
(09-27-2021, 11:25 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(09-27-2021, 11:20 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I've been looking through it, but have not found the section in question.
I will say the sky is more overcast, so no shadows, and the vegetation appears darker, because no direct sunlight,
but at 13:56 all I see is our intrepid hero paddling bravely forward, no beaches...

Yep... so we have a mysterious video-grab, an odd angled-shot of a red canoe on a beach and a mysterious time-stamp
that doesn't reasonably fit either of the two videos that Mather took. It's a puzzle.
tinywondering

I'm looking through it, second by second in real time, searching for that elusive 2 second shot. In the meantime, here is a link to an apparent professional Nessie Hunter who is not buying the video. I think his reasons are invalid, but the reader may make up his own mind in the matter. Red flags are not smoking guns... 

The image of the drawing from 1975 is the most compelling part of the argument to me, but it still doesn't quire make the cut, in my mind. 

(09-27-2021, 11:37 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I'm looking through it, second by second in real time, searching for that elusive 2 second shot.
In the meantime, here is a link to an apparent professional Nessie Hunter who is not buying the video.
I think his reasons are invalid, but the reader may make up his own mind in the matter. Red flags are not smoking guns... 

The image of the drawing from 1975 is the most compelling part of the argument to me, but it still doesn't quire make the cut, in my mind. 

I know, a couple of days ago I too created a comparison-image of Rines' mid-water shot and Maver's strange shape near
the shore and felt a small alarm bell go off.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10097]

However, if it is true that fakery was at play here, it means a great risk to why the video was originally made.
The charity would be incidentally dragged through the mud and Maver's YouTube channel would be mocked and useless.
Now... if someone has somehow 'hijacked' the video whilst it sat in YouTube's control, then we're in a place far-deeper than
Loch Ness!

It's a pickle-alright and seriously damaging to the idea of charity-donating.

(09-27-2021, 11:55 AM)BIAD Wrote: I know, a couple of days ago I too created a comparison-image of Rines' mid-water shot and Maver's strange shape near
the shore and felt a small alarm bell go off.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10097]

However, if it is true that fakery was at play here, it means a great risk to why the video was originally made.
The charity would be incidentally dragged through the mud and Maver's YouTube channel would be mocked and useless.
Now... if someone has somehow 'hijacked' the video whilst it sat in YouTube's control, then we're in a place far-deeper than
Loch Ness!

It's a pickle-alright and seriously damaging to the idea of charity-donating.

Aye, Cap'n! That would be a pickle!

The image I was referring to was this one:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10098]

Mainly because of the apparent - but certainly not perfect: note the splotch at the"tail" in particular - match of the spots and splotches on the beastie's back.

It seems a match, but there is the overlying water to account for, the "fade in" of approaching up from the depths, and that annoying flipper and possible tail wiggle at full resolution to account for, which I think it would be difficult for a static drawing to produce.

I finished watching the Part 1 video, and did not see that shot in it. Might be the beer, might be the rum, or it might just be that it ain't there. Without a link and a timestamp, I don't suppose I'll be able to find the source of the TOS image. That makes it not reproducible, and therefore "not science", so I am at an impasse.

There WAS a stuffed Nessie doll pictured at about 28:00, but that was in a canoe in the River Oich, before entering Loch Ness.

"Science" is why I put all the information that I did into the post of the GIF. anyone can do it, given the link, the timestamp, and the methodology. Without that information, I'm afraid the TOS image is not reproducible, and therefore somewhat apocryphal.

When I get up tomorrow, I'll probably dig out my old video deconstruction software, strip the video down to individual frames, and try to match up the earlier drone shot in the video without Nessie with the video shots later WITH Nessie, and see if there is any real correspondence there. In the images pointed to in the linked article, the waves are not the same, so a different image, not the same one, It looks to me like the article took different frames (potentially one from before when Nessie came up from the depths) and tried to compare them and claim that Nessie was CGI'ed in, and I ain't buying it until I do my own footwork and reconnaissance  in the matter.

But for now, the sun is coming up, and I gotta get back into my coffin before a stray sunbeam turns me into a pile of dust.

Bloody buggers!

You got me all excited at the prospect of some great new Nessie footage!
(I think the original video and the lack of "knowledge" from the uploader regarding the creature being in the video seemed pretty genuine and worth exploring further...)

There were some doubters (as Nin pointed out in a link on an earlier post...) who stated that the clip at 1'44 in the original youtube video shows the same view as the "Nessie" clip from 3'57 in the same video, only WITHOUT Nessie being present, but it doesn't!!

This is the LAST FRAME of the clip which starts around 1'44 (Note the timestamp of 1'45)...
[Image: attachment.php?aid=10099]

and
This is a frame from the middle portion of the 3'57 clip, JUST BEFORE "Nessie" makes an appearance (Note the timestamp of 3'57)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10100]

The earlier 1'44 clip seems to have been taken from the same drone footage, but STOPS BEFORE the "Nessie" portion of the clip!

Unfortunately the other evidence which Nin referred to earlier (regarding the image of the 1975 drawing of a plesiosaur) IS more convincing.

Upon some further digging...
The 1975 drawing image actually turned out to be a real photograph of a Toy Plesiosaur from the talkingturtle website, as shown in the screen grab below:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10101]

If we overlay that Toy image (slightly rotated counter-clockwise) over a close-crop of one of the last frames in the video's "Nessie" segment (with the Nessie part brightened and contrast enhanced) we get the rather disappointing result thus:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10102]

It looks like a pretty good match to me... not perfect, but close enough for me to feel that the original video was... uhm... creatively edited, possibly to stimulate more comment/sharing and mention of of the charity featured in it?

I hope that I'm wrong, but....

:(

G

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-25-2021, 06:16 PM)Nomnomine Wrote: I'm pretty sure the photographer himself admitted the Nessie photo was a modified toy submarine. Not to say we know f all about what's really under the waters. Either way, this photo doesn't say much to me. Then again, I was afraid to snorkel in the Caribbean just in case there was a Kraken. ... ... ... Ok maybe I'm crazy, but the original photo was a hoax.

Sorry, I missed this post earlier!

The earliest reported sighting of a creature in Loch Ness actually dates from 565AD!!

from An article in The Scotsman Website :
Quote:The earliest recorded sighting of the aquatic monster was on 22 August 565 AD when it was written that a type of sea creature had attempted to gulp down a local farmer, before being banished back into the water by St Columba - the man responsible for introducing Christianity to Scotland.

En route to meet with a Pictish king, Columba was passing Loch Ness at the time of the attack. He is said to raised his hand, summoning the power of the Almighty and commanding the monster “go back with all speed”...

The "famous" surgeon photo IS indeed a hoax, along with many others, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Nessie doesn't exist!
The legend of the creature goes way way back to a time, many hundreds of years before cameras ever existed!

minusculebeercheers
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Well damn tinybighuh  look`s like it was not then "the nessie" but  digitally created fake nessie ? Or what is the final verdict ?