Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NESSIE is BACK!
Yes folks, NESSIE is BACK!

The world-famous Scottish Loch-dwelling monster has been quiet of late, but has re-appeared just a few days ago, on the SONAR of a local Loch Cruise boat!

Appearing at a depth of 170m (over 550 feet) in 190m (over 620 feet) of water, a clear SONAR contact with a length of 10m (33ft) was seen by the skipper, crew and passengers on the boat.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8452]

The SONAR equipment and images captured at the time have been checked and verified by SONAR experts.

Whatever it was... it was 10m long, it was REAL and it was THERE!

LINK to article and VIDEO on Scottish Television News site

tinyhuh

G

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Great news and the article even managed to get the word 'pandemic' in it!
(I just hope the quote: 'The area’s tourist agency is thrilled that Nessie appears to have ended a period of lockdown...'
has some merit to it.)

It's not the first time these unusual sonar 'pings' have detected some moving object in Loch Ness and I recall
looking at a diagram in the Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition regarding strange thermal layers of water being
assumed to give off sonar readings as a solid object.
Of course, that has to be the answer... we can't have Adrian Shine looking like a dick-heed, now can we?!!
tinybiggrin

Stay safe Nessie and keep elusive.

Oh, how I remember and miss these halcyon days!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8453]

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
So Nessie got pissed off with everyone talking about bigfoot, and feeling forgotten she decided to "show" herself.
We have not forgotten you, we love you Nessie   tinyinlove
(10-10-2020, 10:50 AM)BIAD Wrote: Great news and the article even managed to get the word 'pandemic' in it!
(I just hope the quote: 'The area’s tourist agency is thrilled that Nessie appears to have ended a period of lockdown...'
has some merit to it.)

It's not the first time these unusual sonar 'pings' have detected some moving object in Loch Ness and I recall
looking at a diagram in the Loch Ness Centre and Exhibition regarding strange thermal layers of water being
assumed to give off sonar readings as a solid object.
Of course, that has to be the answer... we can't have Adrian Shine looking like a dick-heed, now can we?!!
tinybiggrin

Stay safe Nessie and keep elusive.

Oh, how I remember and miss these halcyon days!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8453]
Is that an old Bedford van, I would love to have one of them. Sliding doors, no seat belts, now that was living
Darned carp, they grow so large . . . tinybiggrin 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

It's October... in 2020...  Nothing would surprise me right now.   tinysurprised
(10-10-2020, 11:15 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Is that an old Bedford van, I would love to have one of them. Sliding doors, no seat belts, now that was living

Even though I'm not a driver, I hear you old-friend.
minusculebeercheers

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8454]
(Not meaning to disrupt thread.)

Swimming in Loch Ness at night time would be cool!

...But someone else has to do it. I am not the one. tinywhat
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(10-11-2020, 07:20 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Swimming in Loch Ness at night time would be cool!

...But someone else has to do it. I am not the one. tinywhat

Don't expect me to be the one! The last time I visited there, I stood right on the edge of the water
next to Urquhart castle and my family knew I was being extra brave!

I like to swim, I've swam in oceans and seas, polluted rivers and filthy ponds. The depths and currents
holds no fears for me.

But there's a small voice that tells me that if I waded even-only a foot into Loch Ness, the beastie will
have me. As the world takes footage of the monster dragging me down into the peaty gloom of the
Great Glen, my last thoughts would be that I was right all along and that strange creature had just
been waiting for its chance.
*Shudder*

It knows and I know.
tinyhuh
(10-10-2020, 09:59 AM)gordi Wrote: Yes folks, NESSIE is BACK!

The world-famous Scottish Loch-dwelling monster has been quiet of late, but has re-appeared just a few days ago, on the SONAR of a local Loch Cruise boat!

Appearing at a depth of 170m (over 550 feet) in 190m (over 620 feet) of water, a clear SONAR contact with a length of 10m (33ft) was seen by the skipper, crew and passengers on the boat.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8452]

The SONAR equipment and images captured at the time have been checked and verified by SONAR experts.

Whatever it was... it was 10m long, it was REAL and it was THERE!

LINK to article and VIDEO on Scottish Television News site

tinyhuh

G

WOW!  smallgreenhurray That is Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Exceiting  smallgreenhurray
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Anyone recall this revelation from June 2020...? I don't!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8469]
(Link to Inverness Courier:)

(10-14-2020, 03:12 PM)BIAD Wrote: Anyone recall this revelation from June 2020...? I don't!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8469]
(Link to Inverness Courier:)

That is new to me, I have not seen the above article before. That is NOT a Catfish. My husband loves to catfish and has caught  Flathead catfish ranging in size from 10 pounds to 48 pounds.
@"BIAD"   minusculegoodjob
(10-14-2020, 04:25 PM)guohua Wrote: That is new to me, I have not seen the above article before.
That is NOT a Catfish. My husband loves to catfish and has caught  Flathead catfish
ranging in size from 10 pounds to 48 pounds.
@"BIAD"   minusculegoodjob

My Photoshop-voice keeps whispering that something isn't correct with the image and 
the chap in the video actually admitted that he does occasionally use that software.
But something's nagging at me.

The 'Catfish' comment does seem out of place considering the photographer commented
that Loch Ness has access to the sea. It's not that I think he's wrong in his suggestion,
it's that such a suggestion wouldn't normally be put forward considering the size of the
alleged creature in the image and what folk in the UK generally accept what types of fish
come up rivers from the surrounding waters.

In the UK, we rarely mention catfish and he may have been playing to the Australian hosts
of the show in the video.
Look at the picture..... now notice the front and rear underwater slightly the appearance of submerged limbs.. flat like a seals front flappers, and the rear looking like seal flappers also..
(10-14-2020, 07:13 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Look at the picture..... now notice the front and rear underwater slightly the appearance of submerged limbs.. flat like a seals front flappers, and the rear looking like seal flappers also..

Yeah, any guessing towards an actual aquatic animal would -as you say, leads us to it being a seal.
Seals do sometimes wander into the northern end of the loch from the River Ness (the southern
exit of the loch has canal-style locks).

It's the size that is making my spidey-shop sense tingle, the mottled colour points towards a Grey
Seal which is a common mammal around the Scottish coast. But that size without anything in
the image to compare... it's making my eyes narrow.

If BIAD had any eyes, his would too!
@"PLOTUS" 
I agree, it does look like a Seal.
[Image: 1280_tEIrRP7WnTU0.png?1507912288]

@"BIAD"  My husband mentioned that when a Large Catfish (Flathead) surfaces the top fin (dorsal fin) will lay to the right or left and it is easy to see, this creature has No Dorsal Fin.
[Image: 051018C_large.JPG?v=1526397706]
It seems Mr. Challice may not have been as honest as he first appeared when he spoke to the media about
his Loch Ness photograph. Some doubtful researchers took a look at it.

The Mirror reported:

Quote:"Steve Challice, from Southampton, claims he took the picture of what he describes as a "big fish" while
on holiday in Scotland. He estimated that it was 30 feet away and about 8 feet long.

After sharing the image of the large creature emerging from the water online, people began commenting
that it might be Nessie while others speculated whether the picture was real...'

On another (lochnessmystery.blogspot.com)   website, it was reported:

Quote:"...The photographer added he was on the wall at the castle and the object was only there momentarily
and it was a fluke shot. There were "loads of other tourists" there as well as his brother, but he says his
brother saw nothing or the tourists.

He says the picture was taken on either the 15th or 16th September 2019 and estimated it was 30 feet away
and about 8 feet long and could even be a catfish.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8494]

All in all, the potential for a great photo, but as we have learned in the past, a probation period had to be initiated.
So I first found out more about our photographer and discovered on his LinkedIn page that he was a 3D graphical
artist and he had a portfolio of images of various constructions such as the one below.
To be clear, he earns a living creating CGI - computer generated images...'

As you can see from the images provided from the above site, photos of the loch were taken, just not
with a monster in them! It's suggested that Mr. Challice inserted his own idea of what Nessie looked like!

The quotes below describe the photographer as 'Carrington' for some reason, but from the images on
sciencealert.com website, it's obviously the same person they're discussing.

Quote:"A new photo showing a mystery creature swimming in Loch Ness has sparked new interest in Nessie,
the long-necked plesiosaur-like cryptid rumoured to inhabit the loch's dark and enigmatic depths.

There's just one big problem, and you can probably guess what it is. The image has been digitally manipulated.

According to an investigation conducted by the Loch Ness Mystery blog, the image first appeared in mid-June
in a Facebook group, posted by the group's founder, Steve Carrington.

It was taken, he says, when he visited Loch Ness in September 2019.
As he was taking photographs, he claims to have spotted a ripple in the water, followed by the appearance of an aquatic
creature - which he claims to have captured in one of his photos.

"I have to say I don't believe in the Loch Ness Monster and frankly I think if anything is there then there is a logical
explanation for most of the sightings," he was quoted as saying by the UK tabloid The Mirror.

"My guess would be that what I captured was a catfish or something like that."
As it turns out, the animal pictured is indeed a catfish!

Specifically, this catfish - a wels catfish (Silurus glanis) captured in the river Po in Italy by anglers Benjamin Gründer,
Kai Weber, and Marcus Brock in 2018. It was an absolute behemoth, clocking in at an estimated 130 kilograms
(286 pounds) in weight, and 268 centimetres (105.5 inches) in length.

Angling Times
@angling_times
·
1 Mar 2018

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8493]
Imagine having this 286lb monster on the end of your line!
This incredible catfish was landed by Benjamin Gründer after a lengthy fight.
#Monster #Catfish #Angling #Fishing

The fun thing about catfish is that the pigmentation patterns on their backs are unique, like a fingerprint.
As eagle-eyed Twitter users have already pointed out, the pattern on the back of Carrington's creature is exactly
the same as the pattern on the back of the catfish caught in Italy. Oops.

According to the Loch Ness Mystery blog, Carrington works as a 3D artist. We were unable to verify that claim,
but it's pretty much moot, anyway. The blog's author also ran a careful eye over images claimed by Carrington
to be hot from his camera, noting the metadata tell a very different tale.

Even if the photo wasn't so obviously... um, tampered with, the idea that there could be giant catfish swimming
in Loch Ness - one of the theories floated to explain Nessie sightings over the years - was debunked last year.
An in-depth survey of the loch's water found no trace of catfish DNA whatsoever.

That's not to say Nessie doesn't exist, of course - it's not easy to prove a negative.
But if you're looking for proof, this ain't it. You're just going to have to keep looking...'
Oh well, onwards!

When you think the world has gone to hell in a hand-basket, the old faithful show up to let you know all is still well.

Quote:LOCH WHO'S BACK
New Loch Ness Monster ‘sighting’ snapped by quick-thinking tourist after surge in reports of ’30ft beast’

'A new Loch Ness Monster "sighting" has been snapped by a quick-thinking tourist after a recent surge in reports.
Karen Scott, 54, spotted an unidentified creature swimming in the Scottish lake while visiting from Aberdeen in November.
Unsure what to make of it, quick-thinking Karen snapped a few photos of the mysterious object in the water.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8848]
The evidence, Karen Scott and more indisputable proof.
tinyhuh

Now the images have been recorded as a positive Nessie sighting by the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register.
Ms Scott said: "We were walking around Urquhart Castle sightseeing on a weekend away.

"I was just looking over the loch from the castle when I spotted something in the water.
I initially thought it was a bird sitting on the water but my partner said it definitely wasn't.
By the time I got my phone camera on it had slowly dipped under the water and then appeared again a short distance
further away. That's when I took the photos. It then did the same thing again a couple of more times until it was much
further away."

Karen's partner estimated that the creature was the size of a very large seal.
"But when we spoke to the guides at the castle they said it was very rare for a seal to be this far up Loch Ness so I don't
know what it was," she added. "I was quite excited, especially when I went onto the sightings website and found that there
were similar pictures to mine."

NESSIE SIGHTINGS
Gary Campbell, who keeps the Official Loch Ness Monster Sightings Register, said that 2020 had been an unexpectedly
strong year for fresh Nessie "reports". He said: "As with everyone else across the planet, 2020 has been a very different
year at Loch Ness.

"The primary tourist attraction, Urquhart Castle, would normally welcome in excess of 500,000 visitors but, as you would
imagine, numbers have been severely curtailed by the Covid crisis."

Mr Campbell added that some sightings had been made by visitors using a live camera online.
He said: "We are lucky that many folk can join in the hunt from around the world via the Loch Ness Webcam and a number
of the sightings have been reported via that medium.

"Nessie has, however, been seen in person throughout 2020 by some of the few visitors like Karen that made it to the loch
and has also been spotted by local residents who live nearby. It's great to see that, notwithstanding a global crisis, Nessie
still pops up from time to time, allowing us to be sure that when more people come back to visit, she'll still be there to
welcome them."

Ms Scott is unsure as to exactly what she saw on November 24, but says if it was a seal it didn't move like one.

She said: "It didn't dive under the water but slowly went down under. It didn't bob about like a seal would do."

And she believes that, in any case, the Loch Ness Monster is out there somewhere.
"I do believe it exists but I'm not sure it's the same 'monster' from years ago," she said.
"Still, there is definitely something there that can't easily be explained."

Also in November, retired skipper Rod Michie, 77, came forward to claim he had spotted the Loch Ness Monster in 2015
on sonar after a mysterious shape was detected 600ft below the surface. The image emerged just a month after a similar
sighting. It appeared to show either a 33ft-long Nessie, or simply a large shoal of fish.

Mr Michie's image was recorded on the Jacobite Queen in June 2015 off Urquhart Castle - said to be a favourite haunt of
Nessie - at around 750 feet...'
The Sun: (Honest as the day is long!)

OK,,,, looks like a guy in a canoe.  tinybighuh
(12-24-2020, 12:04 AM)guohua Wrote: OK,,,, looks like a guy in a canoe.  tinybighuh

How did you see that?  I can't see anything through the blur.   tinyshocked