Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NESSIE is BACK!
(12-24-2020, 12:17 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:04 AM)guohua Wrote: OK,,,, looks like a guy in a canoe.  tinybighuh

How did you see that?  I can't see anything through the blur.   tinyshocked

It's the shape, looks like it has a narrow or pointed end and a torso of a person from the waist up in the center.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
It's Christmas (and it's snowing here as I type!), the time when all Journalists kick-back, pretend they're busy
and wonder what other shite they can make up. News (usually a week-old, a least) is scarce, folk tend to not
watch their TVs and the newspapers struggle to fill their advertising space.

Of course it's Nessie. It might look like a man in a boat and it might BE a man in a boat, but at this time of
the year it's Russian-collusion  a killer plague Joe's son the Loch Ness Monster.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
needs to wipe the KFC grease off of the lens...... just saying...
(12-24-2020, 12:04 AM)guohua Wrote: OK,,,, looks like a guy in a canoe.  tinybighuh

Paddle faster, I hear bagpipes! smallroflmao
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(12-24-2020, 12:17 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

How did you see that?  I can't see anything through the blur.   tinyshocked

Well, it is pretty blurred, but if the canoe is facing directly at the camera or directly away from it, I can see it, too.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

With 'Dick-pics' being all the rage on social media, it was only a matter of time before other mammals got in on the act.
tinywondering

Quote:Loch Ness Monster's famous elongated neck 'actually whale penises poking above surface'

Fans of the mythical Scottish sea serpent could have been looking at pictures of gigantic whale penises all along,
according to a new theory which says Nessie is just a long todger.

'Loch Ness Monster sightings are actually people glimpsing whale penises, experts now reckon.
Some whales have 1.8m long willies that have been seen rising from the water while mating, a study says.

Boffins reckon their giant members could have sparked theories of the mythical Scottish sea serpent, the Sun reports.
Researchers published in a paper in the Archives of Natural History claimed the Nessie 'neck' is really just a whale's
todger...'

'Boffins'...? Wow, that's a word I haven't seen in the media for some time!
By the way, there are no whales in Loch Ness due to the lock-system at the southern end of the loch and the shallowness
-plus a weir, at the Inverness area that leads out to the Beauly Firth.

Quote:'They speculated that sightings of Nessie's "serpent-like tail" were actually a large baleen whale and its "snake-like penis".
They added that other accounts could be attributed to the male members of certain whale species.
Some of their members can be at least 1.8 metres long and are sometimes spotted rising from the water during mating.

The theory focused on the famous black and white photograph of Nessie, reportedly taken by surgeon Robert Kenneth
Wilson in the 1930s. The image is then compared with another photo taken of a similarly shaped whale penis rising
from the water.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9424]
The fake Wilson photograph and... well, a whale's 'todger'.

mediumfacepalm

The bizarre theory has prompted the fact-checking website Snopes.com to investigate in a bid to clear things up.
Snopes.com stated that the famous photo of Nessie couldn't be a penis, as it was confirmed a hoax in the 1990s.
But added, as in the 2005 report, it's possible that other sea serpent and Nessie sightings throughout history may
have been misidentified whale penises.

The team at Snopes said: "The most famous photo of the Loch Ness Monster, dubbed the 'surgeon's photograph',
was a hoax that was created with a toy boat and some putty. "While the famous picture of the Loch Ness Monster
certainly wasn't a case of mistaken whale-penis identity, and while whale-penis sightings probably can't explain
every sea serpent sighting throughout history, it is plausible that some of these 'sea serpents' were attached to
the bottom of a whale."

Last month we reported the hunt for the Loch Ness monster is entering a new era, as the son of one of Scotland's
most famous 'Nessie Hunters' vows to keep his legacy alive. Much-loved skipper Dave Bell sadly died from a heart
attack at just 54 in February, but his son Mike has vowed to keep sailing the mysterious fresh water lake, near Inverness.

Dave, who was born in Wales, was well respected in the Highland community, and through his firm Loch Ness Cruise
 he offered tourists from across the world the chance to try and glimpse the famed monster and enjoy Scotland's
beautiful scenery - in a boat called Nessie Hunter.

And now Mike, 26, has revealed that he is really looking forward to the challenge of following in his dad's footsteps
after coronavirus shut down their tours...'
SOURCE:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

@"gordi" 
For you my friend, I hope it is of interest to you and others as it was to me.

And I can not forget my friend @"BIAD"  
(06-15-2021, 01:47 AM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi" 
For you my friend, I hope it is of interest to you and others as it was to me.

And I can not forget my friend @"BIAD"  

ooooh nice, I don't think I've seen these ones yet.
Thank you!
G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
@"BIAD" 

Quote:-plus a weir, at the Inverness area

Home of the weirwolves, naturally.

That was a whale of a dick pic, by the way.  minusculebiggrin

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(06-15-2021, 01:47 AM)guohua Wrote: @"gordi" 
For you my friend, I hope it is of interest to you and others as it was to me...

...And I can not forget my friend @"BIAD"  

Thank you Boss... I enjoyed both of 'em!
minusculethumbsup
@"gordi"  and @"BIAD" 
You are both Very Welcome.  minusculebeercheers

My husband wanted me to post the one about country Wales.
6th August 2021.

Hurray...! you know it's Summer when the media drag out poor Nessie for his annual airing!

Quote:New Loch Ness Monster sighting as mystery creature spotted for a second time in 11 days

'The ninth sighting of the Loch Ness Monster this year has been recorded by a tourist from Liverpool.
Retired delivery driver Colin Veacock, 55, was visiting from Aintree and was parked in the last layby north of
Urquhart Castle -a favourite haunt of Nessie -around 13 miles southwest of Inverness in the Scottish Highlands.

Scanning the water with his binoculars he noticed something two thirds across the loch.
"He originally thought it was a foot high and some five foot long, but later was able to compare it with the Jacobite
Warrior tourist cruise boat as it passed by the area," said Gary Campbell, keeper of the Official Loch Ness Monster
Sightings Register, which has accepted the glimpse as record.

"As such, he stated that what he observed was easily the length of the handrail at the rear of that boat which led him
to re-asses what he saw as nearly two foot high and ten to twelve feet long. He said the same was witnessed by
two other families in the layby."

The sighting on July 30 comes just 11 days after the eighth glimpse of Nessie this year.
A man and his daughter from Chester reported seeing an unidentified movement in the loch on July 19.
They were hillwalking above Fort Augustus, a village at the south-west end of Loch Ness, and made the sighting at
3.20pm.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=9776]
What we want and what we actually got. A diagram drawn by Mr Veacock, showing what he saw.

"They said a cruise boat had passed some 20 minutes earlier but that there was no boat activity at the time of the
sighting," said Mr Campbell.

A teenage visitor from Cambridge also saw an unidentified creature for two seconds in Urquhart Bay close to the
loch's iconic castle on June 2. "He said a hump came up going against the waves, looking like a turtle's back, black
in colour with a green tinge to it. He reported that the weather was warm and sunny with excellent visibility," said Mr
Campbell.

"It's great to welcome people back to Loch Ness and with Nessie there to greet them. All these sightings are credible."
All the other six sightings this year have been by the loch's webcam. Sightings of the Loch Ness Monster last year
reached 13.

In 2020 startling images of a large creature inhabiting the depths of Loch Ness were captured on sonar off Invermoriston
by skipper Ronald Mackenzie aboard his Spirit of Loch Ness tourist boat. They are said to be the "most compelling"
evidence of the existence of a Loch Ness Monster.

Leading sonar expert Craig Wallace described the sonar images as "very curious large, clear and distinct contacts,
all strangely near to the loch bed" and "100 percent genuine". Nessie expert Steve Feltham, who has been searching
for Nessie for 30 years, says Mr MacKenzie's sonar images are the "most compelling" evidence of the existence of
the legendary creature.

Scientists had earlier claimed that they had solved the mystery and Nessie and she could possibly be a giant eel.
It follows DNA analysis of living species in the freshwater loch.

Good news for Nessie believers and the Highland tourist industry is that the monster is said to be worth £41m to the
region. The official register has now logged 1139 sightings from records and other evidence stretching back through
the centuries...'
Archived Mirror Article:

Even for those who aren't keen on monster-hunting, Nessie will abuse situations that are noble and for
a good cause just to get top-billing in a video!!

The fleeting footage of the alleged beastie begins at 3.52.

Quote:LOCH AT THAT! ‘Loch Ness Monster’ spotted under water near banks of loch in YouTuber’s vlog

'A YouTuber has captured drone footage of the ‘Loch Ness Monster’ near the banks of the loch in a recent video. 
Richard Mavor, 54, was filming for his channel Richard Outdoors when eagle-eyed viewers spotted ‘Nessie’ under the water. 

The wild camper was taking part in the Great Glen Canoe challenge for Alzheimer's Society with pals when the creature
appeared. He admitted that he hadn’t seen the beast in the water until punters started to comment on the video.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10071]
Watchin' the canoes.

Speaking to the Daily Record Richard said: “I couldn’t believe it.
“I had to rewind the footage several times and have watched it several times since.
“I don’t know what it is but it certainly has the same shape as previous sightings of Nessie.
“The more I watch it I think ‘crikey!’ there really wasn’t anything in the area that could be.
“There was no driftwood or anything like that so who knows.”

Many people who watched Richard’s video pointed out that an unusual shape at the water’s edge looked a lot like the
Loch Ness Monster.
One person commented: “4 mins waters edge, the ripples look like Nessie.”
Another wrote: “I'm sure I could see nessie at the shore line at 4.00mins.”
One more added: “Was that Nessie I spied ‘neath the water early on in the film?”

Another said: “Richard there is a shape in the water at 4 minutes and three seconds approaching the shingle beach
it was Nessie coming to wish you luck on the trip.”

The outdoor explorer from North Yorkshire managed to raise £15,000 for the Alzheimer's Society during their challenge. 
They completed the challenge in four days over 62 miles...'
The Sun:

Great to see Nessie is doing well and still surviving.
Looks like Nessie came close to maybe have a Hamburger or Chicken Leg little Snack throw her/his way.
(09-25-2021, 03:45 PM)BIAD Wrote: Even for those who aren't keen on monster-hunting, Nessie will abuse situations that are noble and for

Quote:LOCH AT THAT! ‘Loch Ness Monster’ spotted under water near banks of loch in YouTuber’s vlog

'A YouTuber has captured drone footage of the ‘Loch Ness Monster’ near the banks of the loch in a recent video. 
Richard Mavor, 54, was filming for his channel Richard Outdoors when eagle-eyed viewers spotted ‘Nessie’ under the water. 

The wild camper was taking part in the Great Glen Canoe challenge for Alzheimer's Society with pals when the creature
appeared. He admitted that he hadn’t seen the beast in the water until punters started to comment on the video.

Watchin' the canoes.

Speaking to the Daily Record Richard said: “I couldn’t believe it.
“I had to rewind the footage several times and have watched it several times since.
“I don’t know what it is but it certainly has the same shape as previous sightings of Nessie.
“The more I watch it I think ‘crikey!’ there really wasn’t anything in the area that could be.
“There was no driftwood or anything like that so who knows.”

Many people who watched Richard’s video pointed out that an unusual shape at the water’s edge looked a lot like the
Loch Ness Monster.
One person commented: “4 mins waters edge, the ripples look like Nessie.”
Another wrote: “I'm sure I could see nessie at the shore line at 4.00mins.”
One more added: “Was that Nessie I spied ‘neath the water early on in the film?”

Another said: “Richard there is a shape in the water at 4 minutes and three seconds approaching the shingle beach
it was Nessie coming to wish you luck on the trip.”

The outdoor explorer from North Yorkshire managed to raise £15,000 for the Alzheimer's Society during their challenge. 
They completed the challenge in four days over 62 miles...'
The Sun:

It does look like Nessie tinybigeyes

I read the comments form the video....why the owner of the video deny seeing it in the video ?
(09-25-2021, 03:45 PM)BIAD Wrote: Even for those who aren't keen on monster-hunting, Nessie will abuse situations that are noble and for

Watchin' the canoes.
The Sun:

Things that make you go "hmmmm...". It's not there to begin with, the slowly heaves into view as if it were rising from the bottom through murky water. It's not the waves as one viewer stated, because you can see the waves washing past above it...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

I'm pretty sure the photographer himself admitted the Nessie photo was a modified toy submarine. Not to say we know f all about what's really under the waters. Either way, this photo doesn't say much to me. Then again, I was afraid to snorkel in the Caribbean just in case there was a Kraken. ... ... ... Ok maybe I'm crazy, but the original photo was a hoax.
(09-25-2021, 06:16 PM)Nomnomine Wrote: I'm pretty sure the photographer himself admitted the Nessie photo was a modified toy submarine. Not to say we know f all about what's really under the waters. Either way, this photo doesn't say much to me. Then again, I was afraid to snorkel in the Caribbean just in case there was a Kraken. ... ... ... Ok maybe I'm crazy, but the original photo was a hoax.

I believe you're talking about 'The Surgeon's' photograph, where a London gynaecologist (Wilson) used a wooden
carved head and neck strapped to a toy submarine. But there'd been other sightings way-before then and other
hoaxes too.
There'd also been reports of land-sightings.

This image here -taken from the wild-camper's drone footage is strange because the loch is shallow for only a couple
of feet and then the sides violently drop steeply, just as the close-up image shows.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10074]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10075]
But what the hell is this?

The canoeists are there on the shingle beach and the water isn't too peaty, although the position of the sun may
have made it difficult to see. I'm a reluctant sceptic when it comes to what is in the Great Glen, but the way that
shape doesn't follow the contours of the loch's walls makes me wonder.
tinywondering

Edit: Oh crap, I've just noticed the sun is also creating a shadow beneath the object onto the shallow loch bed.
So whatever it is, isn't part of the submerged beach area.
tinyhuh

I'm downloading that video at the highest resolution it's available in (1080p) to try for some hi res screenshots. We'll get to the bottom of this! Or not... looks like there might be something big and hungry at the bottom...

ETA: Holy Shit! Whatever it is, when you step through those frames in hi res, you can see it rise from the bottom and move towards the shore where the canoes are. I dunno what it is, but that right there is some weird shit. It's not loch bottom, and probably not a log else they'd have seen it break surface and bob.I may cut the frames down to just the area of interest to see if I can post 'em here in sequence, but I'm pretty sure an animated GIF will be too big to post. Assuming the canoes to be 16 feet long (which as I recall is standard, but don't hold me to it), the floater is 28.3 feet long, nose to tail tip. However long the canoes, the floater is 1.77 times that length.

Aiight.

Here's what I did. I downloaded the video in the highest resolution available, 1080p, then took screenshots of various frames, rather than deconstructing the whole thing into frames and pulling those out.

Then I cut squares out of each frame that corresponded to one another. I set the left edge of the square at the lakeward point of the first canoe, the top edge at the shoreward point of the second canoe, the right edge of each frame at the gunnel of the 4th canoe, and pulled the bottom edge of each frame into the loch far enough to make it a square. Each frame has those same edges. I did that to get the same exact frame of reference for each image, so that motion could be detected against the reference frame.

Because the drone was zooming in, each frame was sized differently from the next, with each one getting bigger. To account for that, I resized all frames to 600 x 600, to make each point in each frame correspond to all the others. The largest raw crop was 553 x 553, so all of them are bigger than the original.

I'll post all of them here, but don't know how many posts it will take. There are 11 images I pulled out, and I think the site maxes out at 3 or 4 images per post, so it will take a few posts, probably.

Observations: If you download each image by right-clicking on it, and put them all into a single folder, when you step through them one by one, strange things happen. You can see the object rise from lower in the loch, and move as if with a purpose upwind, against the direction of the waves, and towards the canoes on shore. So it moves lower left to upper right, while the waves are moving to the left and slightly upward. There appears to be an appendage or something at the tailward end of it on the left of it that is flapping or waving, as if propelling it forward. Something is sticking out amidships on it's right that does not move, as if it is stabilizing the glide of it.It also looks like just the tip end of the "tail", on the lochward end of the object, is waving back and forth as well, but that could just be light diffraction from the waves passing overhead.

It's not a wave, because it is moving against the waves. It's not a formation on the loch bottom, because it is moving. It is certainly something floating in or swimming through the water. A fairly big something.

Could be a floating tree with branches, could be a critter. Whatever it is, as I mentioned above if we assume the canoes to be 16 feet long, it is 28.3 feet long, 1.77 times the length of a canoe. I got that figure by measuring the canoes in pixels tip to tip, and measuring the mystery object in pixels tip to tip, and applying the formula length = SQRT((X^2)+(Y^2)) in pixels to each one and diving the length of the mystery object in pixels by the length of a canoe in pixels to get the ratio between the two lengths (1.77), and then multiplying that ratio by the assumed 16 feet length of a canoe.

Make of it what you will. It seems odd.

Edit: reduced resolution GIF on the next page, in a post after all the frame posts.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10076]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10077]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10078]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10079]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=10080]

Ok, so it's 5 attachments per post max. More in the following post then.