Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add your yelz review of 2020
Star 
I think we've seen enough? How many stars would you give? Add your review today!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8437]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8438]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8439]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]
2020 is now my word of choice for anything that goes to shits.

How was your day?

Meh. 2020.

Got tickets? think you'll win the lottery?

Meh. A 2020 chance.

It's no longer a bad hair day. It's a 2020 day.

It's no longer 'go fuck yourself. It's go 2020 yourself.

I 2020'ed my little toe on the side corner of the couch.

That debate was a total 2020.

2020 it!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
My 2020 was pretty much like my 2019 except for a month when the golf courses were shut down due to the COVID scare.

Other than what I read about the insanity going on in many parts of the world this has been another satisfactory year, in that being of and age I have no right to be at, I can still do what I want to do with a body that only protests sometimes. 

I am sorry for many of my friends scatter throughout the world as an uncertain future weighs heavily on their conscience. I tell everyone the sun will rise tomorrow so position yourself so you can enjoy the rays (unless you are a vampire) sorry a Vampire movies is on presently!
[Image: me-being-prepared-for-2020-full-armor-he...e-eyes.jpg]
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(10-07-2020, 10:06 AM)727Sky Wrote: My 2020 was pretty much like my 2019 except for a month when the golf courses were shut down due to the COVID scare.

Other than what I read about the insanity going on in many parts of the world this has been another satisfactory year, in that being of and age I have no right to be at, I can still do what I want to do with a body that only protests sometimes. 

I am sorry for many of my friends scatter throughout the world as an uncertain future weighs heavily on their conscience. I tell everyone the sun will rise tomorrow so position yourself so you can enjoy the rays (unless you are a vampire) sorry a Vampire movies is on presently!

Pretty much the same for me. "Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some."  Vice versa, no matter how bad things become, some will find a way to make something better from the debris. 

This will be the year of family and community for me, and I hope the relationships we have developed will strengthen and last. I dine with family daily, and play Rummikub or Uno at least three times a week with family. My neighbors visit more frequently and we share anything we have in excess. 

I have a friend that just gave me 15 beautiful tomato plants. Three sets of five different varieties. I kept five and gave five to two of my neighbors. I share my abundance of goat's milk soap, I get from a family member, my neighbors share whatever they have. It is a wonderful feeling of joy, being able to give.

My community is small. We have had no problems here, and I pray that it stays that way. We had a short infection of fear run through the community a couple of weeks ago, brought on by a post on a Facebook page many of the locals communicate through. Fortunately, it was an embellishment to the extreme. 

It showed me how easy it is to be manipulated through the internet mediums. I would have rejected the whole thing and not given it another thought, because it made zero sense and the friend that had called me with the warning had zero details except what had been told to her by her son, but I got two more calls, so I made the mistake of trying to believe a lie, with no evidence, it created doubt, which set the foundation for concern, bordering on fear.

As it turned out, it was nothing different from the parade held every single year from the time I have lived here. The only difference this year was that people brought fear with them instead of picnic baskets. I am happy to report that nothing happened. 

I don't do Facebook so I don't know what the chatter was there, but I heard nothing more about it.

2020 will be the year of discernment, frugality, and gratitude, for me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Even the newborns express their dissatisfaction with 2020.   tinylaughing 

[Image: 117616831_3823161194377382_8155425604572...e=5FA43930]
[Image: XymaEgx.jpg]
Zero stars.

Me.

[Image: zWdhR8f.gif]
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Very dry, needs more gravy!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(10-07-2020, 05:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Even the newborns express their dissatisfaction with 2020.   tinylaughing 

[Image: 117616831_3823161194377382_8155425604572...e=5FA43930]
That's exactly what my face looks like when I watch or read "The News" this year...

Then again, I was always told I had a baby face and took it as a compliment. Maybe I misunderstood what they meant.  tinysurprised
(10-08-2020, 04:00 AM)Wide-Eyes Wrote:
(10-07-2020, 05:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Even the newborns express their dissatisfaction with 2020.   tinylaughing 
That's exactly what my face looks like when I watch or read "The News" this year...

Then again, I was always told I had a baby face and took it as a compliment. Maybe I misunderstood what they meant.  tinysurprised

@"Wide-Eyes", I hope you don't look like this (below).  Looks like Brennen needs more fiber in his diet.   tinylaughing 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.newspunch.com%2Fwp-...f=1&nofb=1]
(10-08-2020, 12:40 AM)beez Wrote: Zero stars.

Me.

[Image: zWdhR8f.gif]
I really liked that cartoon.
2020   was more of a inconvenience , but also a life changer for me. I worked steady until July, then got laid off. 

So, I took it in stride , collecting unemployment insurance. After 3 months , I decided to end my 33 year career and take early retirement. 

I can collect a pension and still go work part time somewhere. 

On to the next 30 years of my life of uncertainty !

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I keep thinking 2020 is a Shakespearean play being played out. 

https://www.deccanherald.com/opinion/why...28878.html
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(10-08-2020, 07:31 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(10-08-2020, 04:00 AM)Wide-Eyes Wrote:

@"Wide-Eyes", I hope you don't look like this (below).  Looks like Brennen needs more fiber in his diet.   tinylaughing 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.newspunch.com%2Fwp-...f=1&nofb=1]

Lol  tinylaughing

Not yet but a few more years like 2020, I probably would.
Well, in 2019, in September, I got laid off from a fairly good paying managerial job because the program got shut down. Everyone there got laid off. Then the COVID hit, and I couldn't find another job to save my ass. No new job also means I can't get laid off in 2020, so as far as I'm concerned, it was a step UP!

The government occasionally threw money at me whenever I kicked them hard enough in the ass to gimme my due. That's done now because my foot hurts from all that ass kicking, and it ain't worth it to continue. But I'm good for the moment, and have no worries. I laid stuff back instead of spending it as soon as I got it. Moved to a more easily defensible position (and cheaper to live in, too!) that I know works well 'cause I stood off a SWAT team here before, in 2014, and the woods have all kinds of goodies in 'em.

Ain't nobody even trying to bother me, since they're all scared that if I don't get 'em the COVID will. I'm good with that - it must be my inner hermit coming out to play.

Grace got her back surgery, so in a year or so she should be able to run and jump and play like she did when she was a teenager. I doubt I'll be able to keep up with her, but that's a worry for next year, not today.

All in all, in all honesty I'm better off in 2020 than I was in 2019, so I'm good with it!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

2019 was a crap year for me, and 2020 was just the follow up. I hate the way people are frighten and the way governments are frightening the people. Im sure next year will be a crap year as well so no change there.
If one wants it, life goes on