Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Madrid -- DEWs? Plate shifting? Big quake?
The video below shows some disturbing DEW beams into the New Madrid seismic zone, with 1,100F temperature flare ups
Is someone trying to set off the large earthquake we've been told was imminent?

In the next video, the hot spots are shifting to the east and are forming more along the New Madrid fault line. This can't be good!

Watch the full video.

I'm reminded of what Tore told us about something happening around the 15 to the 17 of October that would be something huge; something that would make us feel like all hope was lost. But she said something would happen after that around the 20th that would make everything okay and life would be great.
I wonder if this could be what she was talking about?

Get your bug out bags ready and fill your car up with gas. Looks like 2020 isn't done with us yet.   tinyshocked
Since it's satalite, could it be atmospheric instead of terrestrial ?  I don't pretend to know anything about these type sites or their verasity and often time they seem too convoluted to take any interest in.
Still, good find Mystic Wanderer
(10-06-2020, 03:49 PM)PLOTUS Wrote: Since it's satalite, could it be atmospheric instead of terrestrial ?  I don't pretend to know anything about these type sites or their verasity and often time they seem too convoluted to take any interest in.
Still, good find Mystic Wanderer

@"PLOTUS", I don't know anything about this either, but it had Dutchsinse freaked out, so that sends up alarm bells for me. He seems to be pretty intelligent in this area. He's been forecasting earthquakes for years and is usually only off by a day or two, if at all.

I'll be following his channel to stay on top of this. I suggest others do the same.
My first question is "what is DEW?" - The only DEW I'm currently aware of is the "Distant Early Warning" radar line that scans for incoming missiles from a NORAD installation.

When New Madrid goes off, it can be felt for a long way. It slipped in, I believe, around 1810 and was felt all the way from New Madrid to the east coast. That is the one that created Reelfoot Lake in KY.

It depends a lot on the substrate how far it will carry - the one a few years ago that was centered in VA was also felt up and down the east coast, and it was only a 5.2. However, there is a solid mass of bedrock on the east coast that transmitted the shock wave handily. I was asleep on the couch in NC when it hit there. The missus at the time came running into the living room in a panic screaming "what is that?". I opened one eye and said "Relax. it's just an earthquake" and went back to sleep.

The odd thing about it was that only people who were indoors noticed it at all there. People who were outdoors said "what earthquake? I didn't see any earthquake!" A few years before that I was at work on a loading dock one day, and noticed all of the cars backed up to the dock rocked forward in unison, then back, and only once. I kinda rubbed my eyes wondering if I was hallucinating because they all moved, same distance and same time, and only once. It was when I got home that evening that I saw on the local news that there had been another earthquake in VA, centered just about where I am sitting right now, but in NC the only indication I got was those cars rocking - nothing more. It was kind of a letdown...

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-06-2020, 05:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: My first question is "what is DEW?" - The only DEW I'm currently aware of is the "Distant Early Warning" radar line that scans for incoming missiles from a NORAD installation.
@"Ninurta", you aren't the only one who has asked that. I'm surprised so many don't know what it stands for. I've used it many times in my past threads.

DEW = Directed Energy Weapon

What concerns me is that the New Madrid Fault runs right across the area where I live. Looks like it could be right where my house sits.   tinyhuh

ETA: That reminds me; I need to call and add more insurance to my house!
@"Ninurta" 
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

Re: DEW.

tinylaughing 

Sorry MW.  Us old Cold Warriors die hard. tinybiggrin 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(10-06-2020, 05:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 05:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: My first question is "what is DEW?" - The only DEW I'm currently aware of is the "Distant Early Warning" radar line that scans for incoming missiles from a NORAD installation.
@"Ninurta", you aren't the only one who has asked that. I'm surprised so many don't know what it stands for. I've used it many times in my past threads.

What concerns me is that the New Madrid Fault runs right across the area where I live. Looks like it could be right where my house sits.   tinyhuh

I thought you were about 700 miles E-SE of the New Madrid fault! That's bad then - I have about 4 or 5 fault lines here, one running right under the house. Contrary to popular opinion, earthquakes are not all that uncommon in the Appalachians, we just tend to have smaller ones up to maybe a 3 at most, with most of them significantly smaller.

If they are all interconnected, a New Madrid quake could potentially cause a cascade effect right here, especially if it's running as closely to me as where you live... I reckon whatever comes, we'll just have to handle it!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(10-06-2020, 05:30 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: @"Ninurta" 
@"Mystic Wanderer" 

Re: DEW.

tinylaughing 

Sorry MW.  Us old Cold Warriors die hard. tinybiggrin 

Cheers

I dunno if we EVER die - I think we may just keep marching east for eternity... tinyangry tinybigeyes tinybighuh tinylaughing

(10-06-2020, 05:50 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(10-06-2020, 05:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

I thought you were about 700 miles E-SE of the New Madrid fault! That's bad then - I have about 4 or 5 fault lines here, one running right under the house. Contrary to popular opinion, earthquakes are not all that uncommon in the Appalachians, we just tend to have smaller ones up to maybe a 3 at most, with most of them significantly smaller.

If they are all interconnected, a New Madrid quake could potentially cause a cascade effect right here, especially if it's running as closely to me as where you live... I reckon whatever comes, we'll just have to handle it!

@"Ninurta", I haven't looked at the exact coordinates, but just looking from the map of where the line crosses, it seems to go right over me.
I intend to look further into this.
@"Ninurta", it's not the New Madrid fault line that runs near me. Don't know what I was thinking (or in this case, not thinking). It's a different one.  Too close for comfort!

[Image: image004jpg-11bd13bf58b74a6b-1.jpg]
(10-06-2020, 06:22 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: @"Ninurta", it's not the New Madrid fault line that runs near me. Don't know what I was thinking (or in this case, not thinking). It's a different one.  Too close for comfort!

[Image: image004jpg-11bd13bf58b74a6b-1.jpg]

If you look into the quakes represented by individual dots in that zone, they are all almost invariably smaller ones. These mountains were created around 300 million years ago in the collision of two tectonic plates, and that collision also created the fault lines and fractures. Over time, it has had 300 million years to work out most of it's energy, so the slips and quakes are generally less energetic now, so no worries.

If New Madrid has a large slip, however, it can get transmitted through the bedrock between here and there, and could potentially create a swarm of smaller quakes locally for us as the underlying strata seek equilibrium. Smaller quakes can still be scary. That one I mentioned earlier in VA that we felt in NC was strong enough at our location to create a crack in the wall just above the fireplace.

10/19/2020 -- Very Large Earthquake M7.5 and Tsunami Warning in Alaska