Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I Want To Believe It Will End
Many people are leaving Netflix because they believe they are duplicitous when it comes to child sexual assault. Netflix is definately in the hot seat because it doesn't have a filter when it comes to what it will allow to be shown on its platform.

This is a case where I would say you may need to take the bitter with the sweet, because it may be the only way some people will finally open their eyes to the long standing, overlooked, hidden in plain sight, and often ignored, issue of child sexual assault. 

It does little to stop this problem if we just shake our heads. This is a problem that affects every single one of us, in every country, in every culture, religion, creed, color, and status.

I am willing to bet that not one single person on this planet does not know a child that has been sexually assaulted. They may not know the assualt is happening, but they know the child. 

Just this week I attended a seminar where a child was found to have been assaulted for years, and it was only found out through the reopening of a cold case. When the child was asked why she had not said anything about what was happening, she said no one had asked her, and she thought she would get in trouble if she said anything. 

It is not just that our children are vulnerable, it is that they depend on us to protect them and we continue to fail them. 

I admit we have a lot to deal with in this world. There is a lot of hate and division going on right now. I would love to think we could put it on the back burner and come together on the one thing we can agree upon, our children. 

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

So long as people exist, so will good and evil.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(10-02-2020, 02:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Many people are leaving Netflix because they believe they are duplicitous when it comes to child sexual assault. Netflix is definately in the hot seat because it doesn't have a filter when it comes to what it will allow to be shown on its platform.

This is a case where I would say you may need to take the bitter with the sweet, because it may be the only way some people will finally open their eyes to the long standing, overlooked, hidden in plain sight, and often ignored, issue of child sexual assault. 

It does little to stop this problem if we just shake our heads. This is a problem that affects every single one of us, in every country, in every culture, religion, creed, color, and status.

I am willing to bet that not one single person on this planet does not know a child that has been sexually assaulted. They may not know the assualt is happening, but they know the child. 

Just this week I attended a seminar where a child was found to have been assaulted for years, and it was only found out through the reopening of a cold case. When the child was asked why she had not said anything about what was happening, she said no one had asked her, and she thought she would get in trouble if she said anything. 

It is not just that our children are vulnerable, it is that they depend on us to protect them and we continue to fail them. 

I admit we have a lot to deal with in this world. There is a lot of hate and division going on right now. I would love to think we could put it on the back burner and come together on the one thing we can agree upon, our children. 

In a lecture about this subject to say about 20 people, there will be at least one person who has been used and at least one person who is using children. The problem is that the people lecturing want to appear important and to have knowage but in fact what they are doing is giving information to the abusers about how to avoid getting caught. Every one wants to be the A team but the A team never lectures wile they are still working.
The thing that surprised me was the very poor level of the paramedics training, they were at the level of undertakers
It is a reoccurring scenario. Whether it is at the pleasure of the king, the mogul, or a family member.

The innocent children are the victims. In many cases, the adults in their lives sell them for a price. The first step in stopping this is to eliminate the market. It is a step forward in a long difficult battle.

The victims have been conditioned to their roles. Often, once free of the physical abuse, the damage from psychological abuse can last for a lifetime. 

We don't make it easy for them to speak up about what they endured. Another reason this seems to b the never ending story.

• minusculebeercheers 

(10-02-2020, 03:26 PM)Wallfire Wrote: The thing that surprised me was the very poor level of the paramedics training, they were at the level of undertakers

Unfortunately, many have fallen victim to the Hollywood casting disease, and the companies are more about profit than service.

I watched the slow decline in our local companies. Once they merged it was down hill all the way.

• minusculebeercheers 

They come out with one objectionable show after another.   Not one red cent from this household.  Ever.  

Not to mention that the Obama's are involved with them.  Yeah, not a fan of them either. So that would change my "no" into "no, squared".

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/14/mic...lm-cuties/
Pointing out child abuse and sex trafficking has been a topic I've been shouting about for the last five years, maybe even longer. It has become more exposed under President Trump because he said it was one of his main goals when he took office to stop this and punish the abusers.

I had a graph on my old computer that showed how many more arrests there have been under Trump than any other POTUS, and the numbers were in the thousands. It's probably in my thread here at RN.

I don't mean to make this post about President Trump, but to point out that things are finally being done when no other President seemed too interested to bring these people down.

Finally, the children have hope.

It's disgusting this happens in places where children should be safe, but that's usually where it DOES happen because no one suspects these people, and they are powerful and that power intimidates people from opening their mouth.

I'm glad this evil man was caught. Many more will be exposed if Trump stays in office.
(10-02-2020, 05:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Pointing out child abuse and sex trafficking has been a topic I've been shouting about for the last five years, maybe even longer. It has become more exposed under President Trump because he said it was one of his main goals when he took office to stop this and punish the abusers.

I had a graph on my old computer that showed how many more arrests there have been under Trump than any other POTUS, and the numbers were in the thousands. It's probably in my thread here at RN.

I don't mean to make this post about President Trump, but to point out that things are finally being done when no other President seemed too interested to bring these people down.

It's disgusting this happens in places where children should be safe, but that's usually where it DOES happen because no one suspects these people, and they are powerful and that power intimidates people from opening their mouth.

I'm glad this evil man was caught. Many more will be exposed if Trump stays in office.

Child sexual exploitation needs to be a priority. In some cases it is a matter of needed education, in some cases it is a matter of needed intolerance.

I know how you feel about Trump, but there have been other Presidential administrations that have worked hard to assist in the effort of combating this issue. Even during the time when  It was not in the public eye.

Many of those arrests would never have happened if agencies and programs had not already been established to make them happen, and many of those cases have been in the works for years.

I am happy for any administration's attention to this issue.

• minusculebeercheers 

(10-02-2020, 04:55 PM)drussell41 Wrote: They come out with one objectionable show after another.   Not one red cent from this household.  Ever.  

Not to mention that the Obama's are involved with them.  Yeah, not a fan of them either.   So that would change my "no" into "no, squared".

https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/14/mic...lm-cuties/

Yes they do... In 2003 I stopped watching TV, free and cable. I never had cable but others around me did. They seemed glued to the Tv as though in a trance quite often. Giving their complete attention to the words and immages spewed forth  from their TV set. 
And lost with their Fixation and dependency, just as an addict. 

You know about smart phones too. All that is good known to man, as well all that is evil. You choose....
(10-02-2020, 02:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It does little to stop this problem if we just shake our heads. This is a problem that affects every single one of us, in every country, in every culture, religion, creed, color, and status.

True. I am kind of in that camp who "just shake our heads". Reading threads like this and participating with a reply in a thread like this is an ultra rare exception i am making now. I did not know what the thread is about, based on the thread title, however i read your post.

Look, everyone. this issue makes me feel physical and mental nausea. And the nausea won't go away just by checking some other threads or going to youtube for music videos or whatever. It takes a bit of time to make it go away from haunting me. It is so profoundly evil, so sick, so completely against all the core values i have. That is where the nausea originates.

Children are literally the future of humankind. Without them, it is goodbye for humans. And therefore, children must be protected and we must teach them stuff. I am not too clever or anything, but of course i know simple mathematics and some grammar stuff that i can try to teach them. My relatives have kids of all ages and so does some of my friends. I like how they are pure and so much possibilities are open for them. You never know what they will achieve in the future. Neutralize nuclear waste? End wars? End famine? All plausible concepts.

And the thought that there are people out there to harm them... and some of them seem to be organized... disgusting, wrong, and evil.

Now you know my stance. There is nothing i can do to end this from happening all around the world, and threads like this leave me with the already stated nausea and feelings of helplessness and being weak in my fight against the forces of evil.

"I Want To Believe It Will End"
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(10-02-2020, 06:13 PM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 02:30 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: It does little to stop this problem if we just shake our heads. This is a problem that affects every single one of us, in every country, in every culture, religion, creed, color, and status.

True. I am kind of in that camp who "just shake our heads". Reading threads like this and participating with a reply in a thread like this is an ultra rare exception i am making now. I did not know what the thread is about, based on the thread title, however i read your post.

Look, everyone. this issue makes me feel physical and mental nausea. And the nausea won't go away just by checking some other threads or going to youtube for music videos or whatever. It takes a bit of time to make it go away from haunting me. It is so profoundly evil, so sick, so completely against all the core values i have. That is where the nausea originates.

Children are literally the future of humankind. Without them, it is goodbye for humans. And therefore, children must be protected and we must teach them stuff. I am not too clever or anything, but of course i know simple mathematics and some grammar stuff that i can try to teach them. My relatives have kids of all ages and so does some of my friends. I like how they are pure and so much possibilities are open for them. You never know what they will achieve in the future. Neutralize nuclear waste? End wars? End famine? All plausible concepts.

And the thought that there are people out there to harm them... and some of them seem to be organized... disgusting, wrong, and evil.

Now you know my stance. There is nothing i can do to end this from happening all around the world, and threads like this leave me with the already stated nausea and feelings of helplessness and being weak in my fight against the forces of evil.

"I Want To Believe It Will End"

I know exactly how you feel. That is why I can't take care of children under the age of 14.  All children, even those that think they are grown, is hard for me. The children and the elderly are our most vulnerable and rely on us the most.

I work with both populations and I still feel helpless on many an occasion. Like the story of the young boy trying to rescue the starfish, I know we can't save them all, but every life is valuable.

Almost with every case, someone knew something was not right. It is so much easier for some to bury their heads in the sand or to dismiss those uncomfortable feelings of doubt, nausea, and helplessness. To question what your mind will not let you believe. It is too hard at times, but never as hard as it for a child caught in that nightmare.

That is why people need to be aware that this does happen, even in the most upstanding communities, and that reporting can be anonymous. In most cases there is no action taken until there is sustainable evidence to move forward. I can't tell others what to do. I can only make them aware.

In case you haven't heard the story before.

Quote:An old man was doing his daily walk along the beach one morning, when he spotted a young boy crouched by the water, scooping something up from the sand and throwing it into the sea. The beach was normally empty at this time of day, and so the old man stopped to watch for a while. He noticed that the boy kept on shuffling a little further down the beach, then repeating this same action again and again – stopping, scooping, throwing, moving.

“What are you doing there, boy?” the old man asked, walking closer.

“I’m saving these starfish that are stranded” replied the boy, “if they stay on the beach they will dry out and die, so I’m putting them back into the ocean so they can live.”
The old man was silent for a few seconds.

“Young man” he said, “on this stretch of beach alone, there must be more than one hundred stranded starfish. Around the next corner, there must be at least one thousand more. This goes on for miles and miles and miles – I’ve done this walk every day for 10 years, and it’s always the same. There must be millions of stranded starfish! I hate to say it, but you’ll never make a difference.”

The boy replied “well I just made a difference for that one”, and continued with his work.

• minusculebeercheers 

(10-02-2020, 05:53 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(10-02-2020, 05:37 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Pointing out child abuse and sex trafficking has been a topic I've been shouting about for the last five years, maybe even longer. It has become more exposed under President Trump because he said it was one of his main goals when he took office to stop this and punish the abusers.

Child sexual exploitation needs to be a priority. In some cases it is a matter of needed education, in some cases it is a matter of needed intolerance.

I know how you feel about Trump, but there have been other Presidential administrations that have worked hard to assist in the effort of combating this issue. Even during the time when  It was not in the public eye.

Many of those arrests would never have happened if agencies and programs had not already been established to make them happen, and many of those cases have been in the works for years.

I am happy for any administration's attention to this issue.

Not all are children, but you can see with your own eyes how much more Trump has done regarding arresting people involved in this type of evil vs. Obummer. 

I'm sure it's higher than any other President too. This is the first POTUS that has made this evil as public as other Presidents.

This graph is from 2017. Only one year in office. Imagine where it is today.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=3472]
I know you want to believe this all due to Trump, and I am not trying to take away anything that he is legitimately due, but I think all of those that laid the groundwork for the success of the outcomes, should not be overlooked or dismissed.

My department started 30 years ago and expanded into sexual assault services about 11 years ago. I have been with the team for six years. We lost some of our funding two years ago.    

So Trump is not responsible for all the successes and I don't blame him for the failures.

I am appreciative of any administration or group that supports our programs.

• minusculebeercheers