Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Presidential Debates 2020
Tonight is the first debate between Joe Biden and President Donald J. Trump. 

This thread will be used to post comments about our thoughts after said debate, or any events leading up to it, such as this one:

[Image: EjGOQ6JXcAAqOhE?format=jpg&name=large]

CNN posted "former" democratic nominee Joe Biden. Was this foreshadowing, or just an honest mistake on their part?
They took the post down almost immediately, but not before many on Twitter caught a screen shot.

Most every main stream news channel will be airing the debate, but I like C-Span the best due to no commercials butting in when President Trump is speaking.

For any fans of RedPill78, he will be streaming the debate from the "MAGA Meetup" in OH.

There will be other MAGA You Tubers also streaming the debate. Choose your favorite.

Here is a tweet about Biden refusing to be checked for an ear piece before the debate:

Quote:Ebony Bowden  @ebonybowden
[/url]
·
[url=https://twitter.com/ebonybowden/status/1310975414878248961]1h

NEW: Joe Biden’s campaign agreed to an inspection for electronic ear pieces at tonight’s debate several days ago but are now declining, a source familiar tells me.

minusculethinking  If Joe has nothing to hide, why is he refusing to be checked for a listening device?  He also refused a drug test. That doesn't look good for Joe; Pres. Trump said he'd take one.

I also saw where Joe had requested a break every 30 minutes, but Pres. Trump declined.

Quote:Jack Posobiec @JackPosobiec
·
2h

BREAKING: Biden requesting a break every 30 minutes during debate. Trump refused, per report.

I'm still having a hard time believing this debate will actually happen.  We'll see.  Just a matter of hours now.   tinylaughing
RedPill78 just said on his live stream that the Biden Campaign just now asked if he could show up virtually.

What did I tell you?   tinylaughing 

If this is what happens, it means someone gave him the questions and he answered them already and has it ready to go.

Such cheaters!  

mediumfacepalm
And so it begins. . . .
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
Where's Waldo?

tinysure
-Abraham Lincoln
Ear piece check and drug test should be standard procedures in events like this! minusculeredtantrum
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
So far Biden hasn't shit himself so that will be considered a win.
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-30-2020, 02:31 AM)beez Wrote: So far Biden hasn't shit himself so that will be considered a win.

I would not bet a single cent on that one, bro!

I smiled when Trump said "No one shows up in your rallies, because no one cares!"

-Jean-Paul Sartre
When people talk over the top of each other, I will not tolerate it or listen. So I suppose I will wait until it is over and examined a bit, and gauge the responses then. Nothing will change and I'm good with finding out tomorrow.
Every kid in my Debate classes back In Catholic School would walk all over these two!
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

Biden said he'd raise my taxes.

As far as I'm concerned, that does it for me.

Fuck Biden.
-Abraham Lincoln
Wow ! What a shit show ! LOL !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(09-30-2020, 03:47 AM)kdog Wrote: Wow ! What a shit show ! LOL !

There was so much poo flung that E. coli have overtaken Covid.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinyhuh
-Abraham Lincoln
That was not a debate.

It was a high-school style shouting match, a pissing contest. When folks yell at one another and talk over each other, that cannot fairly be considered a debate.

Trump should have held his mud and let Biden hang himself, then gone in for the kill. Instead, he sunk to Biden's level and ran in talking over Joe and shouting in unison with him.

Neither one changed my ideas at all, not even a little bit.

I am convinced that Joe had a earwig, possibly a bone implant or a cochlear implant. His hesitation and "listening" just before he named Kelley Ann Conway was the tell.

Now the Monday Morning Quarterbacking starts where all the pundits tell us why their guy won...

... but as far as I'm concerned, neither one of them did. it was just a shit show, with no winners.

I'm with @"Finspiracy" - next time, they need to cut off their damned microphones if they don't have the floor for speaking.

Bummer. I thought Trump might do better. I reckon I was fooled.

If I had been Mr. Wallace "moderating", 15 minutes in I'd have out shouted both of them and told them if they couldn't control themselves any better than that, then this debate was over, right now. The end. Cut the mics.

A loss on all parties accounts.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

What a useless shouting contest. Thumbs down for both candidates and the moderator. tinyangry

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(09-30-2020, 04:28 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: What a useless shouting contest. Thumbs down for both candidates and the moderator. tinyangry

I laughed my ass off only because the odds of a zombie apocalypse is growing smaller.

tinylaughing
-Abraham Lincoln
(09-30-2020, 04:39 AM)beez Wrote:
(09-30-2020, 04:28 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: What a useless shouting contest. Thumbs down for both candidates and the moderator. tinyangry

I laughed my ass off only because the odds of a zombie apocalypse is growing smaller.

tinylaughing

But, I have prepared for a zombie apocalypse for years !
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I may be wrong but from what I saw Biden got allot more time to speak his filth. He did better at speaking than I thought he would.

I think two candidates should be placed in seperate booths with a microphone and a speaker. They can hear what their opponent says but until the green light on the mic comes on no one can hear their response. If someone runs over their allotted time they will know they are not being heard or broadcast because the mic has gone red. That would stop the talking over each other.
(09-30-2020, 04:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: That was not a debate.

It was a high-school style shouting match, a pissing contest. When folks yell at one another and talk over each other, that cannot fairly be considered a debate.

Trump should have held his mud and let Biden hang himself, then gone in for the kill. Instead, he sunk to Biden's level and ran in talking over Joe and shouting in unison with him.

I am convinced that Joe had a earwig, possibly a bone implant or a cochlear implant. His hesitation and "listening" just before he named Kelley Ann Conway was the tell.

Now the Monday Morning Quarterbacking starts where all the pundits tell us why their guy won...

... but as far as I'm concerned, neither one of them did. it was just a shit show, with no winners.

I'm with @"Finspiracy" - next time, they need to cut off their damned microphones if they don't have the floor for speaking.

If I had been Mr. Wallace "moderating", 15 minutes in I'd have out shouted both of them and told them if they couldn't control themselves any better than that, then this debate was over, right now. The end. Cut the mics.

I agree.

It was an ugly, embarrassing, visual example of what we sound like, and must look like to the world. 

They hit every forum buzz phrase, and it was no debate, it was just a visual rendition of almost any forum on the internet.

The only buzz phrase missing was, "Where are their parents?"

I have to take a look at the third person on the ticket, that is getting no media attention or time. It is looking like Jo Jorgensen may get at least one vote. Since my vote will be wasted either way. I would rather throw it away on an slim to no possibility, than throw it away on a sure fiasco.

This is not the best that we can be, at least I pray that it isn't. If this is America greatness on display, than maybe it is time we face that we have arrived at Idiocracy, and we have reached the bottom of the barrel.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

I'll have to agree with You....

"but as far as I'm concerned, neither one of them did. it was just a shit show, with no winners."

This.

I likened it to two brothers, aged 8 and 10, brought before their parents, and in trouble.  It was a joke.

If I'm Trump, I'm giving Biden his full 2 minutes so he can dance his way into his own noose.  I understand the desire to address bullshit as it comes, but nobody respects the guy who tries to shout others down. 

He could have made biden look a complete moron, and he did a few times, but Trump did more to damage Trump than Biden did.

There they are folks!  The 2 best options our country has to lead it!  Other countries must be laughing their asses off.  I know I am.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]