Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
N. Korea says USA has crossed the red line
If they could convert tough talk into action there might be something to worry about; briefly...
Quote:Posted Today, 02:56
[Image: go.png]
N. Korea: US has crossed red line, relations on war footing
ERIC TALMADGE, Associated Press

PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea's top diplomat for U.S. affairs told The Associated Press Thursday that Washington "crossed the red line" and effectively declared war by putting leader Kim Jong Un on its list of sanctioned individuals, and said a vicious showdown could erupt if the U.S. and South Korea hold annual war games as planned next month.

Han Song Ryol, director-general of the U.S. affairs department at the North's Foreign Ministry, said in an interview that recent U.S. actions have put the situation on the Korean Peninsula on a war footing.

The United States and South Korea regularly conduct joint military exercises south of the Demilitarized Zone, and Pyongyang typically responds to them with tough talk and threats of retaliation.

Han said North Korea believes the nature of the maneuvers has become openly aggressive because they reportedly now include training designed to prepare troops for the invasion of the North's capital and "decapitation strikes" aimed at killing its top leadership.

Han says designating Kim himself for sanctions was the final straw.

"The Obama administration went so far to have the impudence to challenge the supreme dignity of the DPRK in order to get rid of its unfavorable position during the political and military showdown with the DPRK," Han said, using the acronym for North Korea's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

"The United States has crossed the red line in our showdown," he said. "We regard this thrice-cursed crime as a declaration of war."

Although North Korea had already been heavily sanctioned internationally for its nuclear weapons and long-range missile development programs, Washington's announcement on July 6 was the first time Kim Jong Un has been personally sanctioned.

Less than a week later, Pyongyang cut off its final official means of communications with Washington — known as the New York channel. Han said Pyongyang has made it clear that everything between the two must now be dealt with under "war law."

Kim and 10 others were put on the list of sanctioned individuals in connection with alleged human rights abuses, documented by the United Nations Human Rights Commission, that include a network of political prisons and harsh treatment of any kind of political dissent in the authoritarian state. U.S. State Department officials said the sanctions were intended in part to highlight those responsible for the abuses and to pressure lower-ranking officials to think twice before carrying them out.
http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/jzQgFpy...Ac2GziLxvA
Bring You and Your Navy Over,,,,,,
[Image: df6a24d8fe8c884cc78d8eae24b066a9.jpg]
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Doesn't that type of sabre-rattling chip the metal on the interior of the scabbard?
tinybighuh

Just askin'!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Little Kim is like my Pomeranian...barks a lot but isn't really a threat.

Sanctioning him personally won't keep him from getting his scotch, fast food or luxury items. He gets all of his toys and necessities through a collective called Office 39.

Freezing his assets is moot as everything goes under anything but his name.

Like his father before him, he likes to show his people that he's strong and powerful but for the real powers out there Kim Jong Un is as dangerous as a wet firecracker.

[Image: kim-jong-un-do-you-even-lift_o_1163781.jpg]
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
My grandpa received a purple heart and a lifetime of bad dreams & flashbacks from Korea. Marine Recon (hell, everybody for that matter) had it rough during that war.

With that said (and I'm not a fan AT ALL of decades of foreign intervention that only seemed to line pockets and attempt to prove moot points about political systems and those in power), if there is one battle worth fighting in my lifetime it is this one. We can go on and on about human rights in NK vs the Saudis, Russians, Chinese, Americans, etc. We all have dirt-bags & ulterior motives at the top.

But the US has invaded countries to topple drug smuggling dictators on one continent only to overthrow the one group of people who keeping the flood of heroin behind a dam (a damn of religious intolerance and stone-age practices mind you...but still).

We have heard the drum beat of war over WMD's and watched as our troops fought, died, killed, and still suffer (and some will for their lives). We listened as they told us for the last decade that Iran is "1 year from a bomb". In fact, Bibby himself is the star of a pretty eye-opening youtube video showing his collage of "1 year away" claims.

And yet, on the other side of the world we have an "all of the above" scenario for brutality, totalitarianism, short trigger, AND THE ACTUAL ABILITY TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON THREATS! There needs to be no UN meeting where Colin Powel shows satellite pictures of yellow cake rings or mustard facilities, no. We watched as our seismometers picked up the shock of actual nuclear explosions.

Missile testing, advancements with their arsenal, and their constant threats to actually use them are too much to take in. We are absolutely insane for letting this happen.

I'm in the Midwest right now and don't wake up every day worrying about a NK nuke strike. Even those in Cali I'm sure are like "meh". But our allies in that region? Minutes after an order Seoul is a wasteland. Tokyo, gone. Hundreds of millions of people are minutes away from this maniacs bad day.

It's truly astonishing. All of the memes aside (which I love by the way) we are going have to explain this to our grandchildren some day. Why we stand by and watch while telling everyone about our "moral compass" and "place in the world". tinycrying
(07-29-2016, 05:30 AM)727Sky Wrote: "The United States has crossed the red line in our showdown," he said. "We regard this thrice-cursed crime as a declaration of war."
[url=http://newsletter.thaivisa.com/l/jzQgFpyeyIlIp5yOz3u5GA/O4763bf3xWz0jjcS6VtYR763FQ/rYP1fLVT763fnAAc2GziLxvA][/url]

Well hell, li'l Kimmie - if you believe you're at war, just hop up off yer ass and toss a grenade or something! Let's see how long you last this time around. Put your money where your mouth is!

Hark! Was that a distant explosion I heard, or was it just li'l Kimmie farting yet again?

He either doesn't understand - or hopes we don't - that the world has changed since the 50's, and his little patch could become a wasteland in short order. I think China wouldn't be as helpful to him this time around as they were last time.

And, to be brutally honest, I wouldn't miss Seoul if he took it next week. I've had nothing for South Korea since they were rioting to have the US withdraw in the 90's. Let li'l Kimmie have the place, then flatten the whole peninsula and put a Mconald's in the center with nothing but parking lot from sea to shining sea.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-29-2016, 08:26 AM)BIAD Wrote: Doesn't that type of sabre-rattling chip the metal on the interior of the scabbard?
tinybighuh

Just askin'!

It's the DPRK - they can't afford metal scabbards any more. My best guess is they're using cardboard these days. I think it doesn't rattle as well, but at least it doesn't chip, and it's in their price range!

Does anyone remember that movie NK had shut down a couple years ago by hacking Sony? I've watched it. Li'l Kimmie doesn't have the only hackers on the planet, and he certainly doesn't have the best! To hear the DNC talk, that honor would fall to Russia...
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

We and The N. Korean People Can Always Hope he Rides The First one In!
[Image: 17b.gif] Or did someone Take Away His Man Card! [Image: e929545f922e42651900e6f5911ce571.jpg] More Likely!!!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]