Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Yes, I can agree that Enoch built the Great
Ok, I'll finish the title here,,, it was a teaser  tinydrroling

I do think that Enoch built the Great Pyramids of Giza, for the same reasons giving my Erich Von Daniken.
The book of Enoch was removed from the Bible most Christians use today because he spoke of being trained by Aliens and traveling the Universe with Aliens and about Giants. 

Great Video.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I'll be saving this video to watch later. I have always been interested in the books that were removed or omitted from the bible. Enoch travelling through space and Solomon conjuring and controlling demons are so much more interesting than "so and so begat so and so". 

The Catholic church took out anything that cast doubts upon the narrative they worked so hard to shape and mankind is poorer for it. All they care about is trying to keep control. But there are also books of the bible that the Catholic church uses that other denominations do not. As a child I never knew that other Christian sects did not use the Book of Tobit in their teachings for example.

Years ago I was gifted a book called The Lost Books of the Bible which supposedly included books that were removed that told of those years of Jesus' life that were missing from the bible we have today. I had just started delving into it when my ex took it away from me and burned it in front of me and the kids because he thought it was "of the devil". What a waste! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
WOW, that would be a great book to have today.
I hard from my husband that Enoch lived into his hundreds and was taken by aliens in their ship before he died, IF he died.
My husband said he read that before the flood, humans lived much, much, much longer lives.
(09-24-2020, 02:48 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I'll be saving this video to watch later. I have always been interested in the books that were removed or omitted from the bible. Enoch travelling through space and Solomon conjuring and controlling demons are so much more interesting than "so and so begat so and so". 

The Catholic church took out anything that cast doubts upon the narrative they worked so hard to shape and mankind is poorer for it. All they care about is trying to keep control. But there are also books of the bible that the Catholic church uses that other denominations do not. As a child I never knew that other Christian sects did not use the Book of Tobin in their teachings for example.

Years ago I was gifted a book called The Lost Books of the Bible which supposedly included books that were removed that told of those years of Jesus' life that were missing from the bible we have today. I had just started delving into it when my ex took it away from me and burned it in front of me and the kids because he thought it was "of the devil". What a waste! 

Yeah, the other denominations gathered all of the "apocrypha" into a single place in the bible, between the Old and New Testaments. Over time, they have fallen out, generally, although I believe you can still get bibles printed with them bound between the testaments.

Most Protestants don't even know that the King James bible originally included the Apocrypha bound between the testaments. Later, they were taken out of that place and printed as a separate volume, and now the KJV Apocrypha are hard to find at all.

The founders of the Protestant Reformation stated that the Apocrypha was good as reading material for education, but were not canonical. Therefore, Tobit, the additions to Daniel like Bel and the Dragon, all of the Maccabbees books (there can be two to four of them, depending on the tradition) etc. were retained, but separated from the text of the Old and New Testaments.

My first wife worked at an Antiquarian bookstore, and I found a separate bound version of the KJV Apocrypha there. it also had a few old bibles from the early 1800's that still had the apocrypha bound in between the testaments, but I think it was about that time that they started separating them out. I have a 1560 edition of the Geneva Bible here that still has them bound in the middle. It has 13 books of the Apocrypha, only having 2 books of Maccabbes instead of 4. I think the other two are there, but under different names. The Apocrypha in it are: 1 and 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, The Rest of Esther, Wisdom (of Solomon), Ecclisiasticus (different from Ecclisiates), Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremiah, The Song of the 3 Children (an addition to Daniel), Bel and the Dragon (another addition to Daniel), The Story of Susannah (yet another addition to Daniel) and 1 and 2 Maccabbees.

The other books you mentioned are Pseudepigrapha, to distinguish them from Apocrypha. Pseudepigrapha were never included in the Bible to begin with, in contrast to the Apocrypha, which were.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-24-2020, 03:25 PM)guohua Wrote: WOW, that would be a great book to have today.

You should still be able to get them. There are two volumes, one called "The Lost Books of the Bible" and the other called "The Forgotten Books of Eden". One is old testament pseudepigrapha, the other is new testament. I don't recall if the Book of Enoch was included in them or not, but I did have a separate copy of it that disappeared.

The new testament pseudepigrapha were never included in the Bible because they were not Christian books, they were Gnostic books. It was those books that created Islam - Mohammed got all of his knowledge of biblical matters from the Gnostic texts rather than from the Bible. You can find some of the Gnostic stories repeated in places in the Qur'an, like the tale of Jesus bringing clay animals to life. Before that, Mohammed worshiped the same 360 god pantheon headed by the moon god Allah that the rest of the Arabs worshiped. The Ka'aba was crowded, because they had statues of all 360 gods packed into it before Mohammed cleared it out and destroyed the statues to force Islam on the Meccans.

The "Shaitan and his demons" rocks that Muslim pilgrims to Mecca now throw stones at originally represented the 3 daughters of Allah, before Mohammed converted that desert lunar god to a supreme deity and decided that it never had any children. You see, the Islamic Allah is not the same god as the Christian and Jewish Yahweh - Allah had a very different origin, and Mohammed tried to cram it into the Judaic mold when he re-imagined the Arab pantheon.

I used to have those two pseudepigriphal volumes, too, but they got lost or destroyed in one of my many moves. I also had a copy of "The Book of Jasher", mentioned in the old testament but not included there, but it too disappeared in a move. That one was pretty rare - it was reprinted by the Rosicrucians, but never had a very wide circulation.

Quote:I hard from my husband that Enoch lived into his hundreds and was taken by aliens in their ship before he died, IF he died.
My husband said he read that before the flood, humans lived much, much, much longer lives.

Enoch was one of two Old testament figures that never died, according to the Bible. Instead he was "taken up" - but in contrast to most of the other old testament folks, it never says "and then he died".

In Genesis, it gives the ages at death of all the patriarchs. Methuselah lived the longest at 969 years, If you follow along, it says that each generation generally lived fewer years than the last, until the flood when we got to the current life spans according to Genesis.

It kinda reminds one of the Sumerian Kings lists, which give ridiculously long reigns to the antedeluvian Sumerian kings, in the thousands and hundreds of thousands of years.

ETA: 

here is a link to "The Forgotten Books of Eden" online.

AND - 

Here is a link to "The Lost Books of the Bible" online.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-24-2020, 03:25 PM)guohua Wrote: WOW, that would be a great book to have today.
I hard from my husband that Enoch lived into his hundreds and was taken by aliens in their ship before he died, IF he died.

The Book of Enoch is an interesting read. 

The things that are skirted over or hidden are done so for a reason. Everything in our dimension has three sides, that is not true in dimensions that go beyond ours.

We are blind to many things that are firmly planted in the third dimension, we stand little chance of being able to see beyond our limited vision, let alone understand it, if we could see it.

If my memory is correct, Enoch and Elijah, both went to heaven without dying. I don't think there are many others that were supposed to have done that.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(09-24-2020, 03:52 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 02:48 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I'll be saving this video to watch later. I have always been interested in the books that were removed or omitted from the bible. Enoch travelling through space and Solomon conjuring and controlling demons are so much more interesting than "so and so begat so and so". 

The Catholic church took out anything that cast doubts upon the narrative they worked so hard to shape and mankind is poorer for it. All they care about is trying to keep control. But there are also books of the bible that the Catholic church uses that other denominations do not. As a child I never knew that other Christian sects did not use the Book of Tobin in their teachings for example.

Yeah, the other denominations gathered all of the "apocrypha" into a single place in the bible, between the Old and New Testaments. Over time, they have fallen out, generally, although I believe you can still get bibles printed with them bound between the testaments.

Most Protestants don't even know that the King James bible originally included the Apocrypha bound between the testaments. Later, they were taken out of that place and printed as a separate volume, and now the KJV Apocrypha are hard to find at all.

The founders of the Protestant Reformation stated that the Apocrypha was good as reading material for education, but were not canonical. Therefore, Tobit, the additions to Daniel like Bel and the Dragon, all of the Maccabbees books (there can be two to four of them, depending on the tradition) etc. were retained, but separated from the text of the Old and New Testaments.

My first wife worked at an Antiquarian bookstore, and I found a separate bound version of the KJV Apocrypha there. it also had a few old bibles from the early 1800's that still had the apocrypha bound in between the testaments, but I think it was about that time that they started separating them out. I have a 1560 edition of the Geneva Bible here that still has them bound in the middle. It has 13 books of the Apocrypha, only having 2 books of Maccabbes instead of 4. I think the other two are there, but under different names. The Apocrypha in it are: 1 and 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, The Rest of Esther, Wisdom (of Solomon), Ecclisiasticus (different from Ecclisiates), Baruch and the Epistle of Jeremiah, The Song of the 3 Children (an addition to Daniel), Bel and the Dragon (another addition to Daniel), The Story of Susannah (yet another addition to Daniel) and 1 and 2 Maccabbees.

The other books you mentioned are Pseudepigrapha, to distinguish them from Apocrypha. Pseudepigrapha were never included in the Bible to begin with, in contrast to the Apocrypha, which were.

I have to believe there would be some Very Interesting Stories to read in those Books.
(09-24-2020, 04:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

The things that are skirted over or hidden are done so for a reason. Everything in our dimension has three sides, that is not true in dimensions that go beyond ours.

We are blind to many things that are firmly planted in the third dimension, we stand little chance of being able to see beyond our limited vision, let alone understand it, if we could see it.

If my memory is correct, Enoch and Elijah, both went to heaven without dying. I don't think there are many others that were supposed to have done that.

Enoch and Elijah and what about Moses?
(09-24-2020, 07:51 PM)guohua Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 04:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Enoch and Elijah and what about Moses?

Moses, died in the desert. He got to see the Holy Land but he did not get to enter. I am not sure what happened to him after that.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(09-24-2020, 07:25 PM)guohua Wrote: I have to believe there would be some Very Interesting Stories to read in those Books.

Oh, indeed there are! Some are fascinating tales. I added links to one of my posts above so that folks can go read them for themselves online.

(09-24-2020, 03:16 AM)guohua Wrote: Ok, I'll finish the title here,,, it was a teaser  tinydrroling

I do think that Enoch built the Great Pyramids of Giza, for the same reasons giving my Erich Von Daniken.
The book of Enoch was removed from the Bible most Christians use today because he spoke of being trained by Aliens and traveling the Universe with Aliens and about Giants. 

Great Video.

If I remember right it was the Neffilim who had extraordinary skills and knowledge. Some in metalurgy, some in Alchemy, others in stone and things thought at the time as sorcery. Unknown in the time and thought of as magic, astrology, medicine, and then Enoch spoke of sons who were skilled in elements of building, metalurgy and such. I was looking for Bible passages, but in the short time searching scarcely found any. With some of the massive stones it seems muscle was not enough even with thousands of slaves or volunteers. You'v seen some of the quaries with single stones as big as and aircraft carrier, four or more stories high. Yet Erick Von Daniken seems  a bit oportunistic and cavalier in his theories and asumptions. He could be right ? Mysteries indeed.