Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biden - Voters Should Pick the President and the President Should Pick the Justice
Big Grin 
Upon hearing the news about Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death, Democrat Joe was quick and fast to comment !!

He slowly gave a speech assembled by writers complete with cue cards !!

His best response was insisting that voters should pick a President, and the President should pick the Justice.

Democrats on a total breakdown frenzy because Trump is getting a 3rd SCOTUS pick.

And Joe...btw, Trump is President picked by voters, and Trump will pick the next Justice.

So Brilliant.

Biden lately has been really ramping it up about how Trump is the President and should take responsibility for everything !!

Well Joe, now Trump gets his chance again !!

And watch how Joe almost took a random unrehearsed question from a reporter but was quickly whisked away by aides to avoid a gaffopolis !!

Democrats want to cut Trump's Presidency short and that's unconstitutional !!

Watch the Democrat bullsheist get so deep you'll need hip boots to wade through it all LOL

[Image: giphy.gif]
Quote:While speaking to reporters on Friday, 2020 Democratic presidential nominee former Vice President Joe Biden stated that the replacement for Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg should not be nominated until after the election, stating that “the voters should pick the president and the president should pick the justice for the Senate to consider. This was the position the Republican Senate took in 2016, when there were almost 10 months to go before the election. That’s the position the United States Senate must take today.”

Biden said, “[T]here is no doubt, let me be clear, that the voters should pick the president and the president should pick the justice for the Senate to consider. This was the position the Republican Senate took in 2016, when there were almost 10 months to go before the election. That’s the position the United States Senate must take today. And the election’s only 46 days off. I think the fastest justice ever confirmed was 47 days, and the average is closer to 70 days. And so, they should do this with full consideration and that is my hope and expectation what will happen.”

LINK-->  Biden: ‘Voters Should Pick the President and the President Should Pick the Justice’
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
Obama agrees:  https://twitter.com/EyesOnQ/status/13073...26816?s=20
Joe is right, which is only slightly surprising - even a stopped clock is right twice a day... but Joe can't manage to be right twice a year!

Nevertheless, he IS right about this. the people SHOULD pick the president, and the president SHOULD pick the SCOTUS nominees. It says so, right in the US Constitution.

The people DID pick the president, and that pick was Trump, last election. The next election is not here yet, so Trump is the people's pick for president currently, and a nomination is due, a vacancy needs to be filled. It's on Trump's watch.

Now let's see if Trump can pick a nominee for the replacement. He should. After all, that's his job - it's what we hired him to do!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

He needs to put forth a candidate ASAP as everyone suspects the election is going to be contested and the supreme court with a 4 by 4  (8 total) might cause more problems than it might solve.. The Dems are already saying they want to burn the halls of congress down if they approve a new Justice before the election.  Total idiots who will rule by intimidation and threats and they are not even in office YET
Quote:'Over our dead bodies': Liberals threaten to 'burn it all down' if GOP replace Ginsburg before Election Day

Former CNN host Reza Aslan joined several other verified Twitter accounts in threatening violence if Senate Republicans attempt to fill the Supreme Court seat of the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

“Over our dead bodies. Literally,” Aslan wrote in response to a tweet saying Sen. Mitch McConnell intends to fill Ginsberg's seat, shortly after it was announced Friday that she had died at the age of 87.
Quote:Over our dead bodies. Literally. https://t.co/rQbvuKakHU
— Reza Aslan (@rezaaslan) September 19, 2020
Aslan also tweeted, “If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f---ing thing down.”
“If McConnell jams someone through, which he will, there will be riots,” Washington Post and GQ writer Laura Bassett said.
Quote:If McConnell jams someone through, which he will, there will be riots.
— Laura Bassett (@LEBassett) September 18, 2020
Beau Willimon, a Writer’s Guild of America president, told his roughly 162,000 followers that “we’re shutting this country down if Trump and McConnell try to ram through an appointment before the election.”
Quote:We’re shutting this country down if Trump and McConnell try to ram through an appointment before the election.
— Beau Willimon (@BeauWillimon) September 18, 2020
Director of Communications at the Anti-Violence Project Eliel Cruz agreed with Willimon’s calls to shut things down by calling on people to march on Washington and “just shut it down ourselves.”
Quote:If the democrats don’t fight, the people are going to have to march on Washington and just shut it down ourselves.
— Eliel Cruz (@elielcruz) September 19, 2020
Aaron Gouveia, author of a new book titled Raising Boys To Be Good Men: A Parent's Guide to Bringing Up Happy Sons in a World Filled with Toxic Masculinity, responded to McConnell’s call to fill the vacant seat by tweeting, “F--- no. Burn it all down.”
Writer and LGBT activist Charlotte Clymer opted not to wait until Republicans pushed a Ginsburg replacement through, deciding instead to head straight to McConnell’s home on Friday night.
“We’re now walking to Mitch McConnell’s house to protest,” Clymer said before tweeting out the intersection that McConnell allegedly lives on.
“His house is entirely dark,” she said later. “Significant police presence out front. It’s clear that he’s not here, as confirmed by a neighbor who is not fond of him. People are going home.”
McConnell received some support from fellow Republicans, including Sen. Ted Cruz, who agreed that a replacement should be voted on before the election, arguing that voters went to the polls in 2016 with the understanding they would likely be voting for the president who would fill Ginsburg’s seat.
"The president should next week nominate a successor to the court, and I think it is critical that the Senate takes up and confirms that successor before Election Day," the Texas Republican said Friday night. "This nomination is why Donald Trump was elected."
Several Senate Republicans, including Sen. Lisa Murkowski and Sen. Susan Collins, have made statements this year suggesting they would not support filling a SCOTUS vacancy this close to an election.
Democrats began vehemently opposing the move to fill the seat before the election immediately following Ginsburg’s death.
“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice,” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a statement. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
Former Vice President Joe Biden agreed, tweeting, “Let me be clear: The voters should pick a President, and that President should select a successor to Justice Ginsburg.”
Quote:Let me be clear: The voters should pick a President, and that President should select a successor to Justice Ginsburg.
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) September 19, 2020
There is historical precedent, as American Enterprise Institute fellow and former speechwriter for George W. Bush Marc Thiessen pointed out on Twitter, for Republicans to fill the seat so close to an election.
“*29 Presidents have had election year or lame duck vacancy -—all nominated someone,” Thiessen tweeted. “*8 x before election when other party controlled Senate — only 1 succeed. *10x before election when Pres and senate controlled by same party — 9 succeeded.”
PRECEDENT:

*29 Presidents have had election year or lame duck vacancy - all nominated someone.

*8 x before election when other party controlled Senate - only 1 succeed

*10x before election when Pres and senate controlled by same party - 9 succeeded.https://t.co/bY2ch5MFmk

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...ection-day
Quote:SCOTUS battle prompts threats, calls for arson: 'Burn Congress down'

Almost immediately after news of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death, some verified Twitter users threatened arson and apparent violence in order to block Republicans from replacing her before the elections.

"If they even TRY to replace RBG we burn the entire f-----g thing down," author Reza Aslan tweeted. He later responded to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell's vow to hold a vote on President Trump's nominee. "Over our dead bodies, literally," he tweeted.
Author Aaron Gouveia similarly blasted McConnell's statement, saying: "F--k no. Burn it all down."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ginsburg-d...wn-threats
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...us-nominee
Quote:Hillary Clinton says Democrats must use every 'maneuver' to stop McConnell from confirming SCOTUS nominee

Hillary Clinton has called on Senate Democrats to use every weapon in their arsenal to prevent Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell from confirming a new Supreme Court justice before the next inauguration.

Speaking to Rachel Maddow after the death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Clinton said that McConnell was displaying “monumental hypocrisy” by promising that President Trump’s nominee will receive a floor vote in the Senate.
“Democrats who are in the Senate will have to use every single possible maneuver that is available to them to make it clear that they are not going to permit Mitch McConnell to enact the greatest travesty, the monumental hypocrisy, that would arise from him attempting to fill this position,” Clinton said of the possible confirmation process. “It’s also a reminder that she stood on the side of moving us towards a perfect union and really underscoring equality, not just for women but for every American, and I don’t want to see that legacy ripped up by political hypocrisy coming from Mitch McConnell.”
The former secretary of state also lambasted Mitch McConnell’s legacy in the Senate, arguing that the Kentucky senator did “great damage” to the chamber.
“I would argue on the underlying original intent of the Constitution and the founders that presidents have the right to appoint judges, to fill vacancies, and Mitch McConnell denied Barack Obama that right,” Clinton said. “That set in motion a series of events that I think did great damage to the Senate that can only be remedied by removing Mitch McConnell as the leader of the Senate.”
Following Ginsburg's death, McConnell released a statement with his condolences, praising her as “thoroughly dedicated to the legal profession” and confirming that the president’s nominee to the nation’s highest court “will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate.”
McConnell was criticized for preventing Obama’s Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, from receiving a floor vote after the death of Antonin Scalia in 2016.
Republicans control 53 votes in the Senate and would need 51 votes to install a new Supreme Court justice, but it's unclear if the majority leader would have the votes to push through a nominee.
Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer has called for the vacancy to remain unfilled until after November’s election.
“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice,” Schumer said Friday night. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
Politics sure are lively these days.

minusculebiggrin 

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-20-2020, 11:00 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Politics sure are lively these days.

minusculebiggrin 

Cheers

The true Totalitarian Tendencies of the left are manifest for all who have eyes to see. Yet the brain washed give them a get out of jail free card.

I hope things settle down in the states and a united cohesive nation can be born after this election.. If a few peaches have to be sacrificed to make the republic cobbler strong once again then I will watch from afar an route for the side of justice and fairness.

I for one will be happy when all this crap is settled ... If Trump wins I do hope he takes the gloves off and burns the bastards who are trying to burn the country down either through actions or verbal threats. I remember a time when if you threatened to burn a building down you were hauled into jail to cool your heels for an undetermined amount of  time..

I still think much of this stuff is about the support of the NWO and agenda 2021/2030... America First does not fit into that game plan, thus all the backlash.
(09-20-2020, 10:11 AM)727Sky Wrote: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...us-nominee

“The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court justice,” Schumer said Friday night. “Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Maybe it's just me, but it looks like Chuckie is saying the American people did not have any voice in electing the current government... 

In all candor, I'm ready to go to war right now if they try to block the constitutionally elected government we currently have from doing any more of their constitutional due diligence.

They have already obstructed enough governmental business, and enough is enough. I'll bet dollars against donuts that I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-19-2020, 11:27 PM)xuenchen Wrote: And Joe...btw, Trump is President picked by voters, and Trump will pick the next Justice.

Isn't Trump the president picked by electoral college, and not the voters?

(Don't get me wrong here, i think it was great that Trump won and KILLary did not. And i hope a second term for Trump. I don't want a superpower ruled by a... uh... i mean.... teleprompter please, i can't complete my post)
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(09-21-2020, 07:06 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(09-19-2020, 11:27 PM)xuenchen Wrote: And Joe...btw, Trump is President picked by voters, and Trump will pick the next Justice.

(Don't get me wrong here, i think it was great that Trump won and KILLary did not. And i hope a second term for Trump. I don't want a superpower ruled by a... uh... i mean.... teleprompter please, i can't complete my post)

It's complicated by our system, but Trump was elected by the voters.

In America, we do not vote directly for the president in our elections. Instead, we are voting for "electors" in the Electoral College, and they in turn vote for the president. it's a cut-out to protect the People from the Tyranny of the Majority. It is part of what makes America a Republic rather than a Democracy. So the voters did vote for Trump, but indirectly as the system is set up for.

I recall Election 2016 vividly. I voted that morning, then went to work in the evening, working second shift. Just before I left work at 11:30 PM, I checked the election results, and Trump was about one million votes in the lead. By 6 AM the next morning, Hillary was 3 million votes in the lead - a difference of 4 million votes in total. For that to happen legitimately, EVERY SINGLE VOTE counted in that 6 hour span would have had to have been a vote for Hillary. I'm utterly unwilling to entertain the odds that every single vote was for Hillary during that period, and I smell shenanigans at play instead. Therefore, I do not subscribe to the fiction that "Hillary won the popular vote". that only happened in the minds of the most gullible. Trump should have gotten at least a couple of votes during that time span, just going by the averages of what had already been counted, and common sense.

So, Trump was duly elected, either way. he needs to do his goddamned job that he was elected for, and that the US Constitution demands of him, and select a successor for Ginsberg for the Senate to consider. Now I hear Democrats calling for him to be impeached if he does - have they never read the Constitution? Do they not understand that his JOB REQUIRES that he select a potential successor? Are they seriously threatening to impeach him for doing what the Constitution requires him to do? How could that possibly be a constitutional move on their part? To violate the Constitution that egregiously should be classified as the treason against America that it is, and all participants in impeachment on such ridiculous grounds should have to go through trials at law of their own. That's not treason against the President, it's treason against the Constitution itself.

The batshit crazy in America just gets deeper and deeper...

She probably didn't win the popular vote either when you subtract all the dead people, illegals, and animals that voted for her.

Just sayin'.
(09-23-2020, 04:53 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

She probably didn't win the popular vote either when you subtract all the dead people, illegals, and animals that voted for her.

Just sayin'.

Yeah. I have even seen some evidence of that elsewhere. I did not fact check too much, but they were respectable writers who put effort and time into their investigations.

Let's all hope fair play this time. Regarding this election. And everything, actually.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre