Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not For The Faint Of Heart
Sharing the video because it shows my daily battle,  though these are not my Huskies. These Huskies are way too mild and quiet to be my loud backwoods country pack. 

Also why we don't let them play with other dogs at the dog park, unless the owners ask to let their dog join in, and they know the difference between Husky play and not play.

The noise is enough to make non Husky owners wet their pants. I have only had one real fight, and that was because one of the females overstepped her bounds when she sat in my chair after I went into the kitchen. That was a no no that the others were not happy with it. It only happened once, over four years ago. She was young but it has never happened again. But it taught me the difference between real and play, and it is truly not for the faint of heart.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

That's nothing. You should have seen the three kittens I used to have. I had to keep an eye on the yellow one. He was the roughest, and he would get the others by the throat and I swear he was trying to kill them. He really wasn't; he just played much too rough.
He would eventually let go and the poor kitten would run off and hide for a bit, then it would come back and jump on him. tinylaughing
(09-19-2020, 08:35 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: That's nothing. You should have seen the three kittens I used to have. I had to keep an eye on the yellow one. He was the roughest, and he would get the others by the throat and I swear he was trying to kill them. He really wasn't; he just played much too rough.
He would eventually let go and the poor kitten would run off and hide for a bit, then it would come back and jump on him. tinylaughing

My Enoch is the rough brat cat. He is sooooo loud, quick, and rough. 

Sylvester runs to his humans for sanctuary when he needs a break.   tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers 

(09-19-2020, 07:07 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Sharing the video because it shows my daily battle,  though these are not my Huskies. These Huskies are way too mild and quiet to be my loud backwoods country pack. 

Too mild and quiet?  LOL!   Oh man.   What are yours like? 

That's something about how your pack corrected that young female's faux pas.   That must have nearly stopped your heart.
(09-20-2020, 06:56 AM)drussell41 Wrote: Too mild and quiet?  LOL!   Oh man.   What are yours like? 

That's something about how your pack corrected that young female's faux pas.   That must have nearly stopped your heart.

All of the pack is very vocal. Maxx the leader of the pack is a gentle soul. He won't eat until the others have eaten and he always leaves a token in his bowl for his babies, which are not babies anymore. 

He is gentle but he is mouthy. He has to have the last word.  Bellah is the Queen and she speaks the least, but don't let her quiet submissive demeanor fool you. She is a sneaky little Queen. Tamar is the only one that hates strangers. She is a defiant little teen that will convince you she is the spawn of Satan. Goliath is the big lug. He is bigger than his father, happy go lucky, and the only one that is good with recall.

When they play it sounds like a combat to the death. A lot of false bravado, growling, and snarling. Lot of showing of teeth and they usually pick one to beat up on. Bellah loves to be the one the rest go after. In fact if they choose another, she won't play. She will lie down and bark until they come after her.

They are a jealous lot. They vie for my attention and will actually pull the one that is getting the most attention.

• minusculebeercheers 

(09-20-2020, 02:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: All of the pack is very vocal. Maxx the leader of the pack is a gentle soul. He won't eat until the others have eaten and he always leaves a token in his bowl for his babies, which are not babies anymore. 

He is gentle but he is mouthy. He has to have the last word.  Bellah is the Queen and she speaks the least, but don't let her quiet submissive demeanor fool you. She is a sneaky little Queen. Tamar is the only one that hates strangers. She is a defiant little teen that will convince you she is the spawn of Satan. Goliath is the big lug. He is bigger than his father, happy go lucky, and the only one that is good with recall.

When they play it sounds like a combat to the death. A lot of false bravado, growling, and snarling. Lot of showing of teeth and they usually pick one to beat up on. Bellah loves to be the one the rest go after. In fact if they choose another, she won't play. She will lie down and bark until they come after her.

They are a jealous lot. They vie for my attention and will actually pull the one that is getting the most attention.

Thank you so much for sharing part of their stories!   I loved reading this. 

Yeah, I noticed one dog was "it" more than any other.  I thought something along the lines of "uh oh", but I bet that's what I saw.   It's so cute, how she wants to be the center of it all.

I was so surprised when I got a second GSD that 1 dog + 1 dog /= 2 dogs. It equals a pack, and it's another entity altogether, isn't it?
(09-20-2020, 07:37 PM)drussell41 Wrote: Thank you so much for sharing part of their stories!   I loved reading this. 

Yeah, I noticed one dog was "it" more than any other.  I thought something along the lines of "uh oh", but I bet that's what I saw.   It's so cute, how she wants to be the center of it all.

I was so surprised when I got a second GSD that 1 dog + 1 dog /= 2 dogs.  It equals a pack, and it's another entity altogether, isn't it?

Yeah, they determine who is in on the pack. Even my cats are adopted into the pack.

Enoch likes to think he is the head honcho, and gets away with it, because Maxx is so gentle. Maxx's response to a challenge is to fall down and play dead.  The others get tired of him so they leave him alone. Enoch on the other hand tries to nudge him to death but it doesn't work. 

Slyvester has the same coloration as Bellah and I think it confuses her. He looks like a mini me, and she treats him like he is her pup. 

They all like grooming them and it is funny to watch them lying there being groomed by these big Huskies. They turn their heads to make sure they get both ears, and roll on their backs so they don't miss the under parts. Then you end up with two cats wet from Husky saliva wanting to sit in your lap. Eewh!!

The humans are part of the pack too. Mother is Nana, so they can get away with not listening her, until they are rebuked, then their hearing is miraculously restored.  But guess who they go running to for sanctuary when they know they are in trouble. 

They even accept my Brother as a minor member, but it took a long time for Tamar to give her approval. 

Family pets are family. They have their own personalities and they each have their own spot in your home and in your heart.

• minusculebeercheers 

Heart 
(09-20-2020, 08:43 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Family pets are family. They have their own personalities and they each have their own spot in your home and in your heart.

They sure do.    :)