Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot: DNC convention
‘Sexual Predator’ Lena Dunham Speaks at DNC as ‘Sexual Assault Survivor’

Quote:In a surreal mix of messages, self-described sexual predator Lena Dunham was invited to speak at the Democratic National Convention on the topic of women’s rights, despite her earlier admissions of repeated sexual advances toward her younger sister Grace beginning when she was a baby.

In her nonfiction 2014 book, Not That Kind of Girl, Dunham said she began fondling her little sister Grace when she was a one-year-old, a practice that continued over the years. She compared her behavior to that of a “sexual predator.”

“Grace was sitting up, babbling and smiling, and I leaned down between her legs and carefully spread open her vagina. She didn’t resist,” Dunham wrote about one early episode. “This was within the spectrum of things I did,” she added.

As Grace grew, Dunham wrote, “I took to bribing her for her time and affection: one dollar in quarters if I could do her makeup like a ‘motorcycle chick.’ Three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds. Whatever she wanted to watch on TV if she would just ‘relax on me.’”

“Basically, anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl I was trying,” Dunham acknowledged.

Dunham also admitted to sharing the same bed with Grace until she was seventeen, and that sometimes she “slipped my hand into my underwear to figure some stuff out” while sleeping next to her.

At the DNC, Dunham introduced herself by saying: “I am a pro-choice, feminist, sexual assault survivor with a chronic reproductive illness.” An exhaustive investigationconducted by Breitbart News showed that Dunham’s self-portrayal as a rape victim was utterly fictitious.

In her address, Dunham said that Hillary “made it possible for my fellow sexual assault survivors in my home state of New York to have access to safe, immediate care in any emergency room.”

Dunham has defended fondling her sister by insisting that “as a queer person,” normal rules of sexual propriety do not apply to her.

She said that she is committed to people narrating their own experiences and “determining for themselves what has and has not been harmful.” This rule apparently also applies to experiences inflicted on other people.

As often happens in the minds of pro-abortion advocates, a putative “right to do what I want with my body” easily carries over into a right to do what one wants with others’ bodies.

Follow Thomas D. Williams on Twitter

[/url]

???????

Its ok because she is gay?

Well

Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's "Learned"

Lena Dunham Apologizes for 'Sexual Predator' Section in Her Book

Quote:Lena Dunham is "dismayed" over the interpretation and reaction readers and critics alike have had to certain sections in her book, "Not That Kind of Girl."

"First and foremost, I want to be very clear that I do not condone any kind of abuse under any circumstances," she wrote in a statement to Time.

One section of the book in particular focuses on her relationship with her younger sister Grace when they were children. A relationship that she wrote included Dunham’s offering the then-toddler sister "three pieces of candy if I could kiss her on the lips for five seconds ... basically anything a sexual predator might do to woo a small suburban girl" and how she would "carefully spread open her" sister's legs out of curiosity.

Read: Lena Dunham Cancels Appearances Amid Molestation Accusations

"Childhood sexual abuse is a life-shattering event for so many, and I have been vocal about the rights of survivors,” she told Time.
Next, the "Girls" creator released her first apology about the situation.

"If the situations described in my book have been painful or triggering for people to read, I am sorry, as that was never my intention,” she added. “ I am also aware that the comic use of the term 'sexual predator' was insensitive, and I’m sorry for that as well.”

Dunham, 28, closed by saying her little sister Grace is her "best friend" and "anything I have written about her has been published with her approval."

The new statement comes one day after Dunham canceled two book tour dates in Europe and after critics like Kevin D. Williamson of the National Review had written negative responses to her writing on her encounters with her sister.

"There is no non-horrific interpretation of this episode," Williamson wrote about Dunham's story involving Grace.
Dunham didn't mince words after the negative press came out from what she called "right wing news."

"Usually this is stuff I can ignore but don't demean sufferers, don't twist my words, back the f*** up bros," she tweeted. "I told a story about being a weird 7 year old. I bet you have some too, old men, that I'd rather not hear."

Grace, herself, took to Twitter to add, "As a queer person: i'm committed to people narrating their own experiences, determining for themselves what has and has not been harmful. 2day, like every other day, is a good day to think about how we police the sexualities of young women, queer, and trans people."

and the response

Lena Dunham: Sexual abuse or sexual exploration?

Quote:The controversy surrounding passages in Lena Dunham's memoir, Not That Kind of Girl, is not going away.
Lawyers are involved.

And it has raised a question that's prompted a lot of debate. Specifically, what is normal when it comes to kids and sex?
[Image: 635507773444729549-LENA-GRACE-DUNHAM.JPG]

USA TODAY

Lena Dunham's sister, Grace, defends sex stories

A legal team for Dunham sent a letter to TruthRevolt.org asking that it remove its story highlighting "unsettling" passages in Dunham's book.
The legal notice, sent by Los Angeles lawyer Charles Harder, claims the story is "false and fabricated, and highly defamatory."

Truth Revolt, a site run by Ben Shapiro, editor at large for Breitbart News, has not taken down the story.

"We refuse," says a response on the site.

Editors say they would welcome a deposition with Dunham in which they could ask "why she believes it is now appropriate for a 28-year-old woman to make light of opening her baby sister's vagina, paying her with candies for prolonged kisses on the lips in the manner of a 'sexual predator,' or masturbating in bed next to her prepubescent sister."

[Image: 635506005909469540-LENA-DUNHAM.JPG]

USA TODAY

Lena Dunham angry about sex abuse accusations

The Girls star was at first angry over articles that characterized her writings of her at age 7 with sister Grace, 1, as "sexual abuse." And then Dunham apologized, saying she was "sorry" if the situations in the book were "painful or triggering for people to read."

Grace tweeted a defense of her sister, writing that people should be able to determine "for themselves what has and has not been normal."

So, what IS normal?

Is it normal for a 7-year-old to look at her 1-year-old sister's vagina? Is it normal for sisters to share the same bed until ages 17 and 11? What about one bribing the other with candy for a five-second kiss on the lips?

Lachrista Greco, of a group called Guerrilla Feminism wrote, in a [url=https://www.facebook.com/guerrillafeminism/posts/762033713867259]Facebook post: "Do I think what Lena Dunham did to her sister was sexual assault? Yes. And to those of you who have defended her heinous actions, YOUR voice is silencing to many commenters who openly discussed their own experiences of incest, sexual assault, etc. ... It's NOT NORMAL. It's NOT OKAY."

At the same time, a new tumblr, Those Kinds of Girls, popped up as a response to Dunham's writings, with anonymous postings about antics similar to those described by Dunham.

In the world of sexual behavior, experts says it's not unusual.

"This type of touching and exploration is relatively common," says Debby Hebernick, associate professor in Indiana University's School of Public Health and author of Sex Made Easy. "It's common for young children to explore their own bodies and even those of friends or siblings in this way. That doesn't mean it's OK. And it's just as common for parents, teachers and caregivers to set boundaries and to teach children what's OK and what's not OK."

Hebernick didn't consider Dunham's passages titillating. . "There's not even anything sexual here," she says. "This is touching of the genitals. And the way the vast majority of times that children and adults touch their genitals has nothing to do with sex."

The American Academy of Pediatrics says parents should expect touching to happen. HealthyChildren.org, overseen by the Academy, writes in its Ages and Stagesguidelines that at 4 to 5 years of age a child might show an interest in touching "her own genitals and may even show an interest in the genitals of other children."

Susan Segal, a Washington, D.C., sex therapist who has treated many sexual abuse victims, says, "Do I think it's sexual abuse? I really don't. It's a sensitive issue, but I don't think it's abuse. I think the way she wrote about it was very flip. Seven-year-olds do get into looking at each others' bodies – that's pretty natural between 5 and 7."

Segal has watched Girls, Dunham's HBO show, and says, "When I read it, it seemed strange and sort of funny. I think she's got a droll sense of humor and got called on it around a sensitive issue."

Laura Berman, Chicago-based sex and relationship therapist and host of theUncovered radio show, says, "If it's sexual in nature, if there is the intent to arouse or be aroused, even if it's not fully articulated, then it is a gray line. It's not very black and white."

She says it's difficult to know exactly what went on based on a few passages in a book.

"We could make up a whole story of how Lena was molested. We could paint these behaviors and slant them toward red flags for sexual abuse. But they could just as easily be totally innocent, non-sexual, non-molesting exploratory behaviors." On the face of it, says Berman, "I don't think anything presented is necessarily a huge red flag."

Then a simple question to those here

Change ages and sexes and what doeas it become
if this was a male writing it?

No, it is SEXUAL Assault

She should go to jail
Quote:But they could just as easily be totally innocent, non-sexual, non-molesting exploratory behaviors.

Yeah. playing with her baby sister's vagina is innocent, non-sexual and non-molesting.

Thought I'd heard it all. Guess not.

Putting that down in a book is a self deposition to her guilt.

Jail is right. Then throw away the key.

Urgh.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(07-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: ...She should go to jail.

Yep. minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-28-2016, 07:54 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Armonica_Templar Wrote: ...She should go to jail.

Yep. minusculethumbsup
Yes She Should!!!! There's Ladies in there that's Like To Be Kissed and Fondled! tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]