Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Biological signature in the atmosphere of Venus
Information 
Phosphine found in the atmosphere.  So far, science is aware that only biological activity produces this chemical.

What is sweet: This information isn't supposed to be released to the public until tomorrow.  From TOS:

Quote:More info from a leaked blog that hadn't published yet (it was on a delayed release for tomorrow). Thanks Google cache!

Nice to see a scoop.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Biological activity?  tinybighuh 

But, but, our smart scientists keep telling us it's too hot for life on Venus.   tinyhuh 

Maybe they never took into account that maybe all life doesn't have to be like us humans? 

Or,

Maybe it's just another lie they have been telling us all along.   tinysure
Well, @"Mystic Wanderer" , you know what they say -- some like it hot.

Cheers

@"F2d5thCav" 

I'm hoping they find some kind of biological fire imps that dance in the flames and screech like banshees!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
Quote:So far, science is aware that only biological activity produces this chemical.
-- me.

I may well be wrong about that, but it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Cheers

... and today, the net is alive with the sound of articles reporting the detection of phosphine in Venus' atmosphere.

RN3 knew before the wide world.

minusculebiggrin 

Cheers

[Image: d71usvf-10bd7b42-da2e-484c-838c-0ce4dab73799.jpg]

Venus is so hot that it melts lead. We couldn't even send rovers there as if they'd make it to the surface, they'd be toast within a couple hours.

But some microscopic dudes are living here on Earth, in deep sea Volcano zones where nothing survives so...

The only pictures of the Venus surface taken by a Russian lander back in 1975, before it melted:

[Image: oOl44EM.jpg]

Soviet Venus Pictures

Now, I'm curious about that scoop... tinyfunny
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Amazing they got back any surface images of Venus.  Looks bleak.

Cheers