Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This robot will grow all the food you need in your backyard.
Information 
Explanation: This is a different kind of recipe ... a recipe for an Open Source robot that will grow your own vegetables etc.

Farmbot Genesis [https://farmbot.io/]

Build your own OR purchase DIY Farmbot kits available from $3900.oo each (+p&h) from the website provided in the link above.

Personal Disclosure: This is amazing technology that allows anyone to have a green thumb and grow their own food with minimal effort.

I for one think it is excellent if but a little costly!

However the produce looks very yummy! :mediumlunchtime:

What do my fellow rogues think about this?

If you had the cash and the land/area to support it would you get one?

Is this the end of gardening as we know it?
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(07-27-2016, 04:08 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Is this the end of gardening as we know it?

If it'll dig out all the crap I've hauled away from the garden in the past two weeks, I'd have one!
I smell of undergrowth and if snails have a Christmas party, I will not be invited.

But... I'm tempted!
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Wow, that's alright!  And I sure could use one of those now that my bones don't want to cooperate to do my own planting.

But... alas, I will have to wait until my rich uncle dies before I can afford one, or else, show this to my husband and let him build me one. tinybiggrin
Kinda cool !

Personally, I think it would take away the fun of having a garden from scratch to results out of my hands but it could indeed become helpful once I can't do it anymore or just about.

The price tag is hefty though. Will probably go down as production increases.

Cool !! minusculethumbsup2
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
No thanks ... you can have the mechanical monstrosity .... will stick to gardening the old fashioned  way .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

That robot would not stand a chance against the chippies and deer.  It would be harder to prep for winter than it would save time.  A couple of raised planters and two hundred bucks apiece would be a better investment, less of a headache.

Raised planters make it easy to control weeds.  Nothing in the video said this was going to pull weeds.