Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Insurrection and Violence
Thought this was an excellent analysis and write-up and that some of you may be interested in what it has to say.

https://unconstrainedanalytics.org/wp-co..._Final.pdf
Thank you for the PDF.  Something to keep on hand. 

It will take me awhile to read it, so I can't give any opinion at this time.   minusculebeercheers
(09-10-2020, 04:19 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Thank you for the PDF.  Something to keep on hand. 

It will take me awhile to read it, so I can't give any opinion at this time.   minusculebeercheers

Yeah, it took me about 90 minutes.
OK. I read it.

This is good stuff. For those without a military background or unfamiliar with intelligence operations, this a clear and quick primer. 

It definitely establishes connections for things we see in the news on a daily basis. We may initially believe these circumstances are random and unrelated, but they aren't. 

It's well referenced and not overly verbose. Thank you for posting.
Read it. Excellent information. I only had two minor disagreements with it - one was where it said that the Marxists won't be fielding an army, that's just not in their battle plan. I think that, after the elections, they may well do so. When they start encountering serious opposition, they will have to either put up or shut up, and I'm not sure it's in them to shut up. There is a reason they are amassing weaponry...

The report did have a couple of CYA moments regarding armed defense, but that is to be expected given the current political and litigious climate.

All in all, an excellent overview of current events, explaining them in the context of Marxist revolution, which is what we are seeing. It tells you what they are doing, and perhaps more importantly WHY, by correlating their tactics with established Marxist revolutionary doctrine and literature.

The "what you need to do" sections are gold! The only thing I can add is familiarize yourself with multiple weapon platforms - you just never know what sort of battlefield pickup you might have to defend yourself with, and it pays to know how it works and what makes it run.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-11-2020, 03:43 AM)ABNARTY Wrote: OK. I read it.

This is good stuff. For those without a military background or unfamiliar with intelligence operations, this a clear and quick primer. 

It definitely establishes connections for things we see in the news on a daily basis. We may initially believe these circumstances are random and unrelated, but they aren't. 

It's well referenced and not overly verbose. Thank you for posting.

You're welcome.   Comes through a counterintelligence CMSgt (ret), who said it reads like a brief.   I thought it was concise for the breadth of what's being discussed; logical.

After reading it, I'm even more concerned about what we're facing.
(09-11-2020, 05:06 AM)Ninurta Wrote: Read it. Excellent information. I only had two minor disagreements with it - one was where it said that the Marxists won't be fielding an army, that's just not in their battle plan. I think that, after the elections, they may well do so. When they start encountering serious opposition, they will have to either put up or shut up, and I'm not sure it's in them to shut up. There is a reason they are amassing weaponry...

The report did have a couple of CYA moments regarding armed defense, but that is to be expected given the current political and litigious climate.

All in all, an excellent overview of current events, explaining them in the context of Marxist revolution, which is what we are seeing. It tells you what they are doing, and perhaps more importantly WHY, by correlating their tactics with established Marxist revolutionary doctrine and literature.

The "what you need to do" sections are gold! The only thing I can add is familiarize yourself with multiple weapon platforms - you just never know what sort of battlefield pickup you might have to defend yourself with, and it pays to know how it works and what makes it run.

I guess when they say "army", might they mean regular army versus insurgency "army"?   Because I have a harder time seeing the former happening than the latter.   As to the latter, it might come to that.   There are arms being intercepted.  

I will be going through the "what to do" sections.   A bunch of things are in place already.   Will start seeing what else I can implement.  I'm just pondering the 15 gallon of water/person and if that means I'd have to convert the spare bedroom into storage. 

Good point about weapon platforms.  

Man, you're not kidding about, "not sure it's in them to shut up."   What are your thoughts on that?   Immaturity, indoctrination, emotions ruling over logic, groupthink, ....   ?
(09-11-2020, 09:10 AM)drussell41 Wrote: After reading it, I'm even more concerned about what we're facing.

I agree. It demonstrates there is motive, funding, and organization. That is not good.
(09-11-2020, 09:30 AM)drussell41 Wrote: I guess when they say "army", might they mean regular army versus insurgency "army"?   Because I have a harder time seeing the former happening than the latter.   As to the latter, it might come to that.   There are arms being intercepted.  

Indeed there are, but what concerns me more are the ones NOT getting intercepted.

Quote:Man, you're not kidding about, "not sure it's in them to shut up."   What are your thoughts on that?   Immaturity, indoctrination, emotions ruling over logic, groupthink, ....   ?

All of the above, PLUS the fact that they are "True Believers", and those are the most dangerous sort of ideologue. No amount of logic or reason will get through the ideological armor of true Believers.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-12-2020, 05:39 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-11-2020, 09:30 AM)drussell41 Wrote: I guess when they say "army", might they mean regular army versus insurgency "army"?   Because I have a harder time seeing the former happening than the latter.   As to the latter, it might come to that.   There are arms being intercepted.  

Indeed there are, but what concerns me more are the ones NOT getting intercepted.

Quote:Man, you're not kidding about, "not sure it's in them to shut up."   What are your thoughts on that?   Immaturity, indoctrination, emotions ruling over logic, groupthink, ....   ?

All of the above, PLUS the fact that they are "True Believers", and those are the most dangerous sort of ideologue. No amount of logic or reason will get through the ideological armor of true Believers.

Yeah.   I wonder how many shipments have made it through.    Excellent point about "true believers."
Those interested in what the USA may be facing should investigate the struggles West Germany had with the Baader-Meinhof Gang and the Red Army Faction.

Some starters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

https://www.stripes.com/news/baader-mein...0s-1.36617

Connection to today:

https://kern.pundicity.com/24266/antifa-history

http://kern.pundicity.com/24319/antifa-history-part-2

What is going on is nothing new.  What is new is that the battlefield is in the USA.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(09-12-2020, 06:45 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Those interested in what the USA may be facing should investigate the struggles West Germany had with the Baader-Meinhof Gang and the Red Army Faction.

Some starters:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Army_Faction

https://www.stripes.com/news/baader-mein...0s-1.36617

Connection to today:

https://kern.pundicity.com/24266/antifa-history

What is going on is nothing new.  What is new is that the battlefield is in the USA.

Cheers

Good points all.   I'm familiar with Baader-Meinhof.  They nearly killed one of our friends.
(09-12-2020, 06:32 AM)drussell41 Wrote:
(09-12-2020, 05:39 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Yeah.   I wonder how many shipments have made it through.    Excellent point about "true believers."

At least two that I am aware of... ;)   tinyangry tinyhuh tinylaughing tinylaughing