Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
4-year-old's prosthetic leg stolen at beach, father asks for help
Sad 
Who in the %$#@* steals a child's prosthetic leg??  I swear this world has gone totally insane  tinyshouting

Quote:The father of a 4-year-old boy is asking for his son's prosthetic leg to be returned after someone stole it from a California beach over the weekend.

According to the Orange County Register, Frank Brenes and his family were enjoying the tide pools at Crystal Cove State Beach when they realized their valuables were swiped - including their son's "Star Wars" -decorated leg.

His mother Amanda McFarland told the OC Register, "it feels like someone took a piece of your child."

The Brenes family told the paper 4-year-old Liam "was born with a rare condition in which his right leg was missing the fibula, the smaller bone." He was also missing two fingers, and others were webbed. His family said he had his leg amputated when he was one-year-old.

In a Facebook post, Frank wrote "my four year old son is now without his leg because of these people. He is having a great attitude about it but I am crushed."

According to KABC, "Shark Tank" star Robert Herjavec has offered to help buy a new leg for Liam, and work with Disney to arrange a VIP tour of Disneyland.

Here's a video (I couldn't get it to load here, so sorry): http://abc7.com/video/embed/?pid=1442759#videoplayer

WLOS13...4 year old's prosthetic leg stolen
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8270]
You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is NO middle ground.
Sigh... it really takes a low down son of a BLEEP to do such a thing!   smallfit 

I really am concerned for the human race lately. tinyshocked
You know, I have to wonder if they would have touched it had it not been "Star Wars decorated".  Too me, that's is one sick individual (or group of).

I'm steadily losing what faith I had in humanity :(

Jasmine
You're either part of the solution or part of the problem. There is NO middle ground.
(07-26-2016, 11:30 PM)LadyJae Wrote: You know, I have to wonder if they would have touched it had it not been "Star Wars decorated".  Too me, that's is one sick individual (or group of).

I'm steadily losing what faith I had in humanity :(

Jasmine

Explanation: Forget your faith in humanity ok. They don't deserve it! tinysure

Have faith in Jesus and God instead ok! tinycool

Its good to see you posting again tinyloveit
Personal Disclosure:  May whoever did this obscene despicable lowlife act rot in hell forever! tinyshouting
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!
(07-27-2016, 04:53 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Forget your faith in humanity ok. They don't deserve it! tinysure

Have faith in Jesus and God instead ok! tinycool

Its good to see you posting again tinyloveit
Personal Disclosure:  May whoever did this obscene despicable lowlife act rot in hell forever! tinyshouting

There has to be a punishment for people who do these sorts of things.

It's good to be able to post again, OL.  Some days are better than others :)

Jas