Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Moon
Well you shouldn't be surprised by the title.
Quote:The moon is 'rusting' and scientists are stunned

Yes there are Stunned, but Why? Our Moon has been placed in The Earth's Orbit about 4 or so Billion Years Ago.
I did say Placed Not Formed.
After 4 or so Billion years even the material the moon was constructed from and used as an Outer Shell is aging and corroding after all the abuse from Meteors and aliens and humans.

That's right I am saying the moon not Natural but a hollow sphere or semi-hollow and place in our orbit so Earth could support life better.

I only hope for our sake the Masters Aliens return and repair the moon.
JMHO
[Image: moon-rust-e1599390887632.jpg?ve=1&tl=1]
The blue areas in this composite image from the Moon Mineralogy Mapper (M3) aboard the Indian Space Research Organization's Chandrayaan-1 orbiter show water concentrated at the Moon's poles. Homing in on the spectra of rocks there, researcher found signs of hematite, a form of rust. Credit: ISRO/NASA/JPL-Caltech/Brown University/USGS
Quote:A newly published study notes that the moon is "rusting," leaving experts perplexed by the discovery.

The research, published in Science Advances, notes that the rust may be a result of water discovered on the moon, but it's still shocking, given the lack of oxygen and dearth of water on Earth's celestial satellite.

"It's very puzzling," the study's lead author, Shuai Li of the University of Hawaii, said in a statement. "The moon is a terrible environment for hematite to form in."
They are Puzzled only because they believe all the Bull-Shit they have been told about the Moon!
Quote:Li was looking at data from the JPL Moon Mineralogy Mapper when the researcher realized the instrument detected "spectra - or light reflected off surfaces - that revealed the Moon's poles had a very different composition than the rest of it," the statement added.

The polar surfaces showed spectra that matched the mineral hematite (Fe2O3), according to the study's abstract.
Quote:"Although oxidizing processes have been speculated to operate on the lunar surface and form ferric iron–bearing minerals, unambiguous detections of ferric minerals forming under highly reducing conditions on the Moon have remained elusive," the researchers wrote in the study's abstract. "Our analyses of the Moon Mineralogy Mapper data show that hematite, a ferric mineral, is present at high latitudes on the Moon, mostly associated with east- and equator-facing sides of topographic highs, and is more prevalent on the nearside than the farside."

Rust, which is also known as iron oxide, gives Mars its reddish color.
The Color Red is Iron Oxide Rusting away from the Iron Structures built on Mars Millions of years ago and destroyed in their War.  JMHO

Quote:"At first, I totally didn't believe it. It shouldn't exist based on the conditions present on the moon," study co-author, NASA JPL planetary geoscientist Abigail Fraeman, added. "But since we discovered water on the moon, people have been speculating that there could be a greater variety of minerals than we realize if that water had reacted with rocks."

With no atmosphere providing oxygen on the moon and the sun's solar wind delivering hydrogen -- which should act as a "reducer" to prevent oxidation -- scientists are baffled where the rust is coming from. However, they believe it could stem from Earth, given the moon does have "trace amounts of oxygen" thanks to Earth's magnetic field.

The hematite that was discovered is not near any of the water ice that has been discovered so far on the moon, adding another layer of complexity to the findings. The scientists suggested that the dust particles hitting the moon could free up water molecules to interact with the hematite, but further research is needed to see if that's correct.

"It could be that little bits of water and the impact of dust particles are allowing iron in these bodies to rust," Fraeman explained.

“This discovery will reshape our knowledge about the moon’s polar regions,” Li added in another statement.

“Earth may have played an important role on the evolution of the moon’s surface.”
WTF, Earth played NO Role in the Evolution of the Moon you Idiot!
If it wasn't for the Moon being in Our Orbit YOU Mr. Fraeman wouldn't be here to Spread that Trash!
If anyone is interested and would like to read this article Here
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Yes, the moon is a chunk of metal that rings like a bell when a heavy object is dropped on it.   Remember?

Guess this will open some minds about what we "conspiracy theorists"  (AKA: Critical Thinkers) have been saying for years now.

It also removes the lies that our moon has no atmosphere. 
Our astronauts have said you can breath on the moon without a helmet. Do any of you remember reading that in the MSM?
With age, one certainty remains. We know nothing. Or barely.

Here's a good explanation though, from researcher in Hawaii:

Quote:“When I examined the M3 data at the polar regions, I found some spectral features and patterns are different from those we see at the lower latitudes or the Apollo samples,” said Li. “I was curious whether it is possible that there are water-rock reactions on the Moon. After months of investigation, I figured out I was seeing the signature of hematite.”

The team found that the locations where hematite is present are strongly correlated with water content at high latitude Li and others found previously and are more concentrated on the nearside, which always faces the Earth.

“This discovery will reshape our knowledge about the Moon’s polar regions,” said Li. “Earth may have played an important role on the evolution of the Moon’s surface.”

Earth MAY have played an important role..

Here's the link to the article from University of Hawaii. Title with a question mark. Meaning...not sure, no clue...might, could have, if, sounds like... lol

Has Earth’s oxygen rusted the Moon for billions of years?

Cool nonetheless.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(09-07-2020, 06:53 PM)Sol Wrote: With age, one certainty remains. We know nothing. Or barely.

Here's a good explanation though, from researcher in Hawaii:

Quote:“When I examined the M3 data at the polar regions, I found some spectral features and patterns are different from those we see at the lower latitudes or the Apollo samples,” said Li. “I was curious whether it is possible that there are water-rock reactions on the Moon. After months of investigation, I figured out I was seeing the signature of hematite.”

The team found that the locations where hematite is present are strongly correlated with water content at high latitude Li and others found previously and are more concentrated on the nearside, which always faces the Earth.

“This discovery will reshape our knowledge about the Moon’s polar regions,” said Li. “Earth may have played an important role on the evolution of the Moon’s surface.”

Earth MAY have played an important role..

Here's the link to the article from University of Hawaii. Title with a question mark. Meaning...not sure, no clue...might, could have, if, sounds like... lol

Has Earth’s oxygen rusted the Moon for billions of years?

Cool nonetheless.

From your Link.

Quote:“Our hypothesis is that lunar hematite is formed through oxidation of lunar surface iron by the oxygen from the Earth’s upper atmosphere that has been continuously blown to the lunar surface by solar wind when the Moon is in Earth’s magnetotail during the past several billion years,” said Li.
OK, so they are says the earth's is blowing our Atmosphere towards the moon!!!!!  tinysure PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
I read so many scientific theories about the moon, it boggles the mind. 

Without the moon, we , humans, would not be possible. Life itself would probably not be possible. 

I have always wondered why the moon is the perfect size to cause solar eclipses. Why does it spin on it's axis at the same rate as it orbits the Earth, only showing one side? 

I truly believe it is an artificial moon, not natural.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(09-07-2020, 09:41 PM)kdog Wrote: ... Why does it spin on it's axis at the same rate as it orbits the Earth, only showing one side? 

I truly believe it is an artificial moon, not natural.

Most moons that we know of do that.

No moon is a perfect sphere, and over time the side (of the moon) with the greater bulk or mass will fall into synch with the planet it is orbiting. (The pull of gravity from the planet acts stronger on the side of the moon which has larger mass... more mountains etc which, over time pulls that side to face the planet.)
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(09-07-2020, 06:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Yes, the moon is a chunk of metal that rings like a bell when a heavy object is dropped on it.   Remember?

Guess this will open some minds about what we "conspiracy theorists"  (AKA: Critical Thinkers) have been saying for years now.

It also removes the lies that our moon has no atmosphere. 
Our astronauts have said you can breath on the moon without a helmet. Do any of you remember reading that in the MSM?

Nope, the moon has NO atmosphere. That is something you can check out with your own eyes on any clear night when the moon is full - just step outside and look at it. You will see no atmosphere. If there was atmosphere, you would be able to see it as a hazy line along the edge of the moon, even if there were no clouds on the face of the moon.

As far as lacking oxygen goes, however, I have to dispute scientists about that. They cannot say the moon has no oxygen AND the moon does have water at the same time. that is mutually exclusive. If it has water, it has oxygen to rust ferric minerals. The "O" in H2O IS oxygen! You can't have water without having oxygen.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-07-2020, 09:41 PM)kdog Wrote:  Without the moon, we , humans, would not be possible. Life itself would probably not be possible. 

I believe life WOULD be possible - it just would not have been able to start in the was science (with so far no evidence) says it started. Their theory requires tides so that non-living minerals can suddenly magically combine and organize themselves into living ones.

Quote:I have always wondered why the moon is the perfect size to cause solar eclipses.

I think you mean annular solar eclipses, where the sun's corona is just visible around the eclipsing moon, but the sun itself is not, meaning that the moon and the sun are both the same visual size from Earth. That is an accident of the times we live in. The moon, as it orbits the Earth, is slowly moving away from Earth. Millions of yers ago, it appeared much larger in the sky because it was a lot closer. Millions of years in the future, it will not appear big enough to eclipse the entire sun. Right now, it is at just the right distance.

Quote:Why does it spin on it's axis at the same rate as it orbits the Earth, only showing one side? 

That is called "tidal locking", and is an effect of gravity between two co-orbiting bodies. Tidal effects slow the bodies down until the time comes when they achieve a resonance. This happens to the smaller body first, as the effects of gravity tend to be stronger on the body with less mass. The same tidal effects are acting on the Earth, but much more slowly because the planet is much more massive. The effect it has on Earth is to lengthen the day as the planet's rotation slows down. It's on the order of microseconds per year, but over enough years it adds up. During the time the coal fields were forming, the length of a day was around 18 hours I believe, rather than the current 24 hours.

Mercury is also tidally locked to the sun, and keeps the same side sunward all the time. Venus rotates "backwards" from what the rest of the planets do, and has a day that is longer than it's year. Now what the hell is up with THAT?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’