Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So....how was your day?
(08-12-2016, 05:45 PM)gordi Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:52 PM)BIAD Wrote: Oh man, it does smell of.... Can! Really nice, like a chesterfield sofa in a gentleman's club!
Mixed with a hint of engine oil... Hang on... Have you been sneaking up my driveway for a sniff again??

No, I don't do that anymore after I had the backs of my legs slapped.
mediumshy
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Pretty cool video of Mama skunk and her babies running down the road.

Shhhhh,  do NOT move....

Is that cute or what? CUUUTE!!!!  

Talk about perfect timing tho, for the bicyclist to be able to capture them on video running up to him like that.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Using an old computer we discovered beside the skeleton of a mammoth,
Boy In A Dress insisted I post this image.

I now know he's not English because his short patience hints that he doesn't
know how to queue!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=407]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-27-2016, 04:53 PM)BIAD Wrote: Using an old computer we discovered beside the skeleton of a mammoth,
Boy In A Dress insisted I post this image.

I now know he's not English because his short patience hints that he doesn't
know how to queue!!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=407]

Agreed, Scottish or Italian! smallrofl
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-27-2016, 11:05 PM)guohua Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=407]

uh huh....
This is all going in my little tartan book you know! LOL

Hey MrsG... this might give you a giggle....

In years gone by, whenever I met a young lady who was NOT Scottish...
After the initial chit-chat and establishing where she was from... I used to say.... "Have you got any Scottish inside you?"
...and if she said "no"...
My reply would be "Would you like some??"

Curiously... that actually worked..... sometimes!

i know.... I KNOW!
G
(08-27-2016, 11:17 PM)gordi Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 11:05 PM)guohua Wrote: [Image: attachment.php?aid=407]

uh huh....
This is all going in my little tartan book you know! LOL

Hey MrsG... this might give you a giggle....

In years gone by, whenever I met a young lady who was NOT Scottish...
After the initial chit-chat and establishing where she was from... I used to say.... "Have you got any Scottish inside you?"
...and if she said "no"...
My reply would be "Would you like some??"

Curiously... that actually worked..... sometimes!

i know.... I KNOW!
G
Hmmm, Won't work on me, but it may have on some poor Italian and Wam Bam Thank You Mam, We Have BIAD,,,,  smallcrackingup minusculemooning smallrofl 
Might require a DNA sample Gordi  mediumbagpiper
(08-22-2016, 11:57 PM)senona Wrote: Pretty cool video of Mama skunk and her babies running down the road.

Shhhhh,  do NOT move....

Is that cute or what? CUUUTE!!!!  

Talk about perfect timing tho, for the bicyclist to be able to capture them on video running up to him like that.

Okay is it my outdated computer, well OS, or is this video messed up for others as well??? tinyhuh

FINE....let's try this again

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

It's not your OS.
The second time you installed it works and Yes, The Little Black and White Bastards Are Cute! minusculemooning
(08-28-2016, 03:35 AM)guohua Wrote: It's not your OS.
The second time you installed it works and Yes, The Little Black and White Bastards Are Cute! minusculemooning

I remember a few years ago when I still had my dog Max.

We were working a fair and on the backside of the barns where I walked him (my friend's dog would follow us too), I had remembered seeing a skunk earlier in the week but thought with all the ruckus going on, he left and moved on.

One night, I take Max off the leash to let him romp around with Peaches (the germ shep) when all of a sudden the dang skunk decided at that time to make an appearance.

Well Peaches being the type of dog she was, went after the skunk.
Sure as shit, Max follows.....grrrr.

I hollered for him to get away and all I could imagine was him getting sprayed and trying to explain to Jim how I let that happen.
So here I go running after the dogs and thank my lucky stars, the skunk did not spray them.

Had Peaches gotten a hold of the skunk, she would have killed it, she was notorious for that kind of thing.
Max however, would have wanted to check it out and play with it. Ha.

Why the skunk never sprayed, have no idea.
The relief that came over me was HUGE, especially since I didn't have to worry about confronting Jim. tinybiggrin

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

It's another long work weekend for me, starting tonight.

So I will see you Rogues late Sunday night or Monday sometime.

Wish everyone a wonderful weekend!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

(09-29-2016, 09:22 PM)senona Wrote: It's another long work weekend for me, starting tonight.

Be Safe and I Hope The Weather is Good For You and Jim!
(09-29-2016, 09:22 PM)senona Wrote: It's another long work weekend for me, starting tonight.

Hope all goes well for you and Jim ! We'll try and not break anything while you're out...

That's not a promise.. minusculetongue
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Come On We Gotta Break Something  mediumwink
In a word?

Frustrating

Dealing with some bureaucratic BS about one thing and getting nowhere, and trying to get help from someone with another issue and only getting stupid answers.
(09-30-2016, 04:22 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: In a word?

Frustrating

Dealing with some bureaucratic BS about one thing and getting nowhere, and trying to get help from someone with another issue and only getting stupid answers.
Sorry, But Bureaucrats Suck and are Slow and Very often No Help At All!
YUP! Stupid Answers. Just Makes You Want To Shoot The Bastards For Being Stupid Out Of Season! Stupid Season Is Next Month!  :mediumserious:

Sorry, Hope everything is going to be OK!
Well, just got an email from one of the muppets - that answered one question very clearly at least.  Let's hope that when I take that information to the next place, that it is enough.
(09-30-2016, 06:17 AM)1984hasarrived Wrote: Well, just got an email from one of the muppets - that answered one question very clearly at least.  Let's hope that when I take that information to the next place, that it is enough.

I have My Fingers Crossed For You!
[Image: 4-crossed_fingers.gif~c200]
OK, deep breath...

I spent today emptying out my work office.

Business has been slow for the last few months. So we've had to cut back on expenses and even wages.
I'm lucky... I don't have any debt.
None.
I don't owe anyone a single penny, but my business partner has loans and mortgage payments and bills to pay...
Long story short HE can't afford to carry on doing what we're doing, on the money we're bringing in, so we've had to give up our office space to save the rental cost and I'm now having to set up office at home.

This isn't ideal!
My wife recently set up her own (outdoor learning) business too and has "stuff" everywhere... all over the house.
I'm having to sell off lots of my music gear and probably my motorbikes too, because we simply don't have the space to keep it all.
We're going to buy a big shed to put all of my wife's outdoor play equipment in, but it'll take a bit of work to get us there.

To top that off - it looks like my business partner will have to get a job to pay his bills etc.
If he's working elsewhere, then he obviously won't be able to do the sales/marketing/installations for our business, so I will be left high and dry (after turning my home upside down to accommodate the office move) without any work coming in.

It's been very stressful.

As an asides... I also have my own wee band, just a duo really, and I thought that it was going great.
We get along well, and have been getting very good feedback about our gigs too.

I've spent the last year getting my latest band-mate up to speed on all of our songs (having had to sack my previous band-mate after a year getting HIM up to speed for lying to me and messing me about) and now the current guy has started making noises about "needing more money" to carry on gigging.
(Despite being perfectly happy to gig for the agreed amount for several months now!)

To explain the money situation:
I arrange all the gigs and deal with all of the venues.
I Supply all of the PA equipment, desk, speakers, stands, cables, mics etc. (Everything we need to gig live)
I supply the transportation, do all the driving, provide all of the fuel, and pick him up and drop him off at his front door.
I also have to do all of the loading of the gear at the start of the night, and unloading at the end (as that happens at my own house before I pick him up and after I drop him off)
We supply our own instruments, but I do the bulk of the singing and "front" the band.

Guess what share of the money I already give him?

Go on.... you know you want to....?

Well, it's 50%.

Yup, I give him half of what we take in, but apparently it's "not enough" so it looks like I've wasted another year getting another guy up to speed. (This is the third time in four years)

I am soooo sick of it and I don't know what to do.
Everything seems to be going tits-up at the same time.

I'm asking myself how it's happened? Where did I go wrong?
And I can't find the answer.

I'm trying to look forward.... It'll get sorted....it'll be ok.... but right now I'm a bit angry, frustrated and low.

So, there we are. That's how my day has gone.

I know it's not life threatening or anything and I should be coping with it better...

I'll leave it there I think.

I'm going to have a glass or two of nice red tonight, and finish setting up my home office in the morning.
It's my 12th wedding anniversary then too!

I hope my fellow Rogues are faring well.

BigG
Sorry to hear of your problems, ask the guy if he thinks your band can ask for more money and if you can, Why pay him more for doing nothing extra.
Ask him for the cost of gas (petrol) for Taxiing him around. I can't stand ungrateful people like that, they never think of anyone but themselves, if he has a Addiction or Habit that needs more money to support he's not worth your trouble.

It's a shame about your business partner putting himself in deep debt like that and causing you to make a major change in your home.
At least you were smart and didn't go into debt and you have Assets you can sell for quick cash.

Really Sorry About it all though.

Let's see, we're not so well, Mr. G. is still in the hospital and he's being transferred (airlifted) to the Mayo in Colorado tomorrow morning.
He's Pissed and doesn't want to go, but I'll be there and he's Happy about that.
So we'll be pretty much out of touch from Monday to Thursday I think.
I won't be bringing my laptop and using my phone gives me a headache.
We'll be to busy anyway, they'll be test and procedures and more test and procedures all day and night, plus overseers from his old agency will be there and we'll talk.
My Best Girl Friend From China has married an old friend of Mr. G. about 10 years ago, he has the clearance to visit us and he's bringing my Girlfriend (Uhgi) his wife with him.
They live in Virginia Beach, Virginia and they'll fly in Sunday.  

We Say "Hi"  minusculehello to our Fellow Rogue's and Hope You're All having a Good day to.
(09-30-2016, 07:39 PM)gordi Wrote: ...I'm going to have a glass or two of nice red tonight, and finish setting up my home office in the morning.
It's my 12th wedding anniversary then too!

I hope my fellow Rogues are faring well.

BigG

My thoughts are with you, Big Man. Keep the faith.