Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Another Hit Piece on President Trump
(09-07-2020, 11:06 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Antisthenes
Quote:Have you ever noticed how I don't attack you personally?

No, I haven't. When you reply directly to one of my post, I most certainly take it that you are addressing me. How else would I take it?   tinysurprised

Quote:Bright and articulate people address issues and keep ad hom attacks out of the mix because, well frankly, it makes the attacker look out of control and makes them appear to be reactionary. Reactionary response is never a good look. It makes it appear as though the person you are railing against is living rent free in your head. If there is some hate here it would appear to be you for me.

Trust me, you aren't living anywhere in my head.   tinylaughing
Most people here who have known me for some time know that I'm not a hateful person. I get passionate about my topics sometimes, but I don't hate anyone. I like to spread love, fields of flowers, and butterflies as a vision of our future.   tinybiggrin

Quote:Do you ever listen to Wayne Dyer or Deepak Chopra or Ghandi or even Norman Vincent Peale? No, of course you don't. You might try because you seem to be in emotional straits. You should never take on the mantle of assumption.

Not Wayne Dyer, but I've read the book, How to Win Friends and Influence People a few decades ago. Does that count?   tinylaughing

Ghandi?  I know about him but haven't felt the need to study him too deeply, being that he's across the pond from me.

Norman Vincent Peale? The power of positive thinking is something I've been preaching for years. I keep telling people how important our thoughts are because we attract to ourselves what we send out.

Quote:Insinuating hate is rude. Being arrogant enough to believe you know someone you've never met is....well as I said, it's a bad look.

Now as for fealty to trump? I'm most willing to discuss that. That in fact was the gist of this thread you started. So lets just keep things social and if you might be so kind, quit obsessing on me.

Insinuating was the last thing I had to do. It was clear in your posts about Trump and me being someone you know who follows him.

Quote:Now as for fealty to trump? I'm most willing to discuss that. That in fact was the gist of this thread you started. So lets just keep things social and if you might be so kind, quit obsessing on me.

Obsessing?  You must think that I think you are important enough to obsess over.  You aren't. Get over yourself.

Thank you! Now ignore me and I'll ignore you. It will be a lovely arrangement!
internet Agent Provocateur
Quote:Ummm... speaking of living rent-free in someone's head:

Quote:I have no time for trumps ineloquent, bumbling, horrific, soul wrenching, unpatriotic and hatefilled ramblings.

Are all the descriptive adjectives really necessary, or is Trump just... well... you know, it's YOUR head...

Lolol...... as you would say, Touche' !

It is hard to ignore when when someone hasn't taken the garbage out for a time. I'm hoping to clean the house on the Third of Nov. . Till then, please excuse my agitation.
internet Agent Provocateur
(09-07-2020, 11:33 PM)Antisthenes Wrote:
Quote:Ummm... speaking of living rent-free in someone's head:

Quote:I have no time for trumps ineloquent, bumbling, horrific, soul wrenching, unpatriotic and hatefilled ramblings.

Are all the descriptive adjectives really necessary, or is Trump just... well... you know, it's YOUR head...

Lolol......  as you would say, Touche' !

It is hard to ignore when when someone hasn't taken the garbage out for a time.  

You know, my wife told me that just last week... it's hard to tell what she's getting at...

Quote:I'm hoping to clean the house on the Third of Nov. . Till then, please excuse my agitation.

Oh, I'll excuse it, because that's my nature, but you KNOW I'm gonna have fun with it, too, because that too is my nature! 

As they say, boys will be boys... but curmudgeons will be curmudgeons, too!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(09-07-2020, 10:23 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(09-07-2020, 05:59 PM)Sol Wrote: Nothing to do with American politics but people, here where I live, were starving for a new provincial political party, being fed up with the two big ones.

One came along, got elected and is now in power. Same old, same old. Lots of promises, lots of good media attention even though they surf on bureaucratic bullshit. They manipulate numbers, they thrive on the covid situation and they deliver emptiness under a false sense of protection.

The system is rigged. Two parties divide the people. Three divides the people into a 2 against one game, which is really one against one when you think of it and the people think they still have a choice. This new one is borderline Dictatorship. The system is flawed. No matter how many parties are aligned. The results are always the same. It's flawed.

I'm all for abolishing parties altogether. very few people actually fit entirely into one or the other, most folks are all over the board as regards party platforms unless they are just toeing the party line and have no independent thoughts of their own.

Why does a candidate need a gang behind them to develop an idea of how to run things, anyhow? Just stand up on their hind legs like a human, develop a plan, and put your own individual platform out there! If parties were abolished, folks would have to think for themselves and make their own decisions as to which candidate's platform they think is going to be in their best interest instead of having party pundits make that decision for them.

Yup, this times a thousand.  That's what I was trying to say, you said it better.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]