Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Our Civilization Has Failed
History repeats itself. We have all been caught up in the game of Work for someone else so they can live better so we can survive. 

We need to get back to our true roots. Survive to live. 

Humans have become lazy with all our advancements in technology. 

We have become pets, like our dogs and cats .  I'm tired of being a pet. 

The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I won't make a good pet. I'm food-aggressive, and beyond that I bite at random.

They'll probably have to euthanize me.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-30-2020, 01:21 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I won't make a good pet. I'm food-aggressive, and beyond that I bite at random.

They'll probably have to euthanize me.

I have a problem with authority and trusting their words of deceit ie government . 

(08-30-2020, 12:20 AM)kdog Wrote: History repeats itself. 

Exactly. And the real issues within this are here: For multiple centuries, events (now history for us) have been deliberately made to repeat itself. And when it does repeat itself, very few people notice it at all. I am pleased that you did. Usually tiny, tiny steps, the ruling elite takes a little freedom away  from there, some rights from here... Then something major happens like a big war or 9/11 or whatever. Then the sleeping sheep are like "Oh my God! How can this happen!" they are in complete ignorance that events have been boiling down to a "shit hits the fan" scenario long before the SHTF.

And yeah, i used the lame term "sheep"... i am not "woke" or "aware" or anything, it was not an insult towards the mainstream masses. I would do almost anything to be a sleeping sheep. But i know shit that i can't unlearn anymore.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(08-30-2020, 02:08 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 12:20 AM)kdog Wrote: History repeats itself. 

Exactly. And the real issues within this are here: For multiple centuries, events (now history for us) have been deliberately made to repeat itself. And when it does repeat itself, very few people notice it at all. I am pleased that you did. Usually tiny, tiny steps, the ruling elite takes a little freedom away  from there, some rights from here... Then something major happens like a big war or 9/11 or whatever. Then the sleeping sheep are like "Oh my God! How can this happen!" they are in complete ignorance that events have been boiling down to a "shit hits the fan" scenario long before the SHTF.

And yeah, i used the lame term "sheep"... i am not "woke" or "aware" or anything, it was not an insult towards the mainstream masses. I would do almost anything to be a sleeping sheep. But i know shit that i can't unlearn anymore.

I pay attention and don't buy into all the rhetoric and bullshit. I was always confused about the " woke" statement. Thought they meant they have wised upped to what is really going on. Finally realized they are " woke" to nothing more than what is being spewed out of the MSM. Not " woke" to the real world.
(08-30-2020, 02:22 AM)kdog Wrote: I pay attention and don't buy into all the rhetoric and bullshit. I was always confused about the " woke" statement. Thought they meant they have wised upped to what is really going on. Finally realized they are " woke" to nothing more than what is being spewed out of the MSM. Not " woke" to the real world.

Maybe i was not clear enough, or maybe i have this "woke" thing understood in a wrong manner inside my head. As a some kind of a semi-insult. The "normal" people view "woke" people like the woke ones ride on a some kind of a high horse. Like the woke ones "know" better.

And it can be used to write off a person completely. Let me fabricate a conversation: Person 1 says: "I accept homosexuals. There is plenty of hatred in this world, some loving will not hurt anyone. Let them do what they do, i am cool with that." Person 2, with a voice full of disrespect, says: "oh, so you are one of those woke ones, ha-ha!"

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(08-30-2020, 02:22 AM)kdog Wrote: I pay attention and don't buy into all the rhetoric and bullshit. I was always confused about the " woke" statement. Thought they meant they have wised upped to what is really going on. Finally realized they are " woke" to nothing more than what is being spewed out of the MSM. Not " woke" to the real world.

Precisely. Most of the so-called "woke" folks, those claiming to be "woke", are merely living in a dream of having awakened. They are trapped in a fantasy world created by their own dreaming minds.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-30-2020, 03:00 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Maybe i was not clear enough, or maybe i have this "woke" thing understood in a wrong manner inside my head. As a some kind of a semi-insult. The "normal" people view "woke" people like the woke ones ride on a some kind of a high horse. Like the woke ones "know" better.

And it can be used to write off a person completely. Let me fabricate a conversation: Person 1 says: "I accept homosexuals. There is plenty of hatred in this world, some loving will not hurt anyone. Let them do what they do, i am cool with that." Person 2, with a voice full of disrespect, says: "oh, so you are one of those woke ones, ha-ha!"

That's fairly accurate. Folks claiming that THEY are "woke" are sincere in their belief that their fantasy dream world is objective reality, but the term has come to be used as a pejorative by their opposition, folks who never fell asleep to begin with, and have been watching events in the real world with some interest. They find it amusing that dreamers think they are awake.

As far as the homosexuality angle goes, I've never cared who sticks what in whom, or how. If it ain't me, it ain't none of my business. That's not being "woke", it's just cultivating an ability to mind my own business, and let other folks look after theirs as they see fit.

(08-30-2020, 03:00 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:

Maybe i was not clear enough, or maybe i have this "woke" thing understood in a wrong manner inside my head. As a some kind of a semi-insult. The "normal" people view "woke" people like the woke ones ride on a some kind of a high horse. Like the woke ones "know" better.

That's not woke to me, I have had many gay friends in the past and not being gay myself. I was " do what you do, I do what I do but don't push your beliefs on me and just get along and have fun" kind of person. I hung out with them because they attracted the hot chics. "woke " to me is how the world really works . I was " woke" before it was a term. 

Now, somebody is going to come along and say " I said them" like it was some homophobic or racial slur, when it is not. Them is a group of people, much like I am considered as " those white people" , am I wrong? I have been grouped with a certain culture, a certain race. 

Not really what this thread is about. It's more about getting away from all that. 

We are a people being controlled and manipulated for to long. Individual thinking has gave way to group thinking on a major scale. 

Started with religion. You get people going along with a group and a belief that life could be better because you believe and trust in them and have them making money off you, well, you got yourself a good gig. Hell, sacrifice people to make your life better to appease those Gods. 

I am saying keep your group small, avoid the masses and become self sufficient.
(08-30-2020, 03:37 AM)kdog Wrote: That's not woke to me, I have had many gay friends in the past and not being gay myself. I was " do what you do, I do what I do but don't push your beliefs on me and just get along and have fun" kind of person. I hung out with them because they attracted the hot chics. "woke " to me is how the world really works . I was " woke" before it was a term.

My thoughts exactly. Everything you wrote here applies to me also. Look, it was not about homosexuality at all, it was a made up example how the term "woke" has expanded to contain a full variety of things. I could just as well have used protecting the nature or eliminating famine as my example. There are gays who are awesome, and gays who are idiots. It is a human thing, what else to expect?

But in order to return on-topic. "Our civilization has failed" Yep. Our civilization is fucked up and on the brink of extinction unless we collectively change our ways. What do i want then? No police. No security guards. No prisons. Please do not get this wrong, we need all of these now, due to the fact that hatred, greed and violence are encoded into human DNA strain, and are more dominant in some individuals. I don't want to defund the police, quite the opposite actually, more funding, more efficient use of the funds available, more police presence. What i mean by more efficient use of police funds, is that a pothead sitting on the couch with a bag of chips poses no threat to anyone, and should be left alone.  Why go and arrest the red-eyed one while a murderer is on the loose somewhere?

No authority, no one ruling over anyone. Equality. Efficient, waste free energy sources. NATO should be the base of a new organization, where all nations join. And i mean all, that includes Russia, China and North Korea. Then we stop fighting with each other here, over land or resources or for the sake of someone being a warmongering butthole. NATO then gathers all funds left from national defense and military complexes worldwide, and uses that money to build up a system to protect us from extraterrestrial threats.

Explore space, but do not colonize. We have already devastated one planet, it would be unfair towards the universe to fuck up another one. Mars maybe? And when that is full of pollution and shit, then where do we go to pillage and rape the environment?

If someone calls me a naive dreamer now, i am 100% guilty as charged.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(08-30-2020, 04:26 AM)Finspiracy Wrote:
(08-30-2020, 03:37 AM)kdog Wrote: That's not woke to me, I have had many gay friends in the past and not being gay myself. I was " do what you do, I do what I do but don't push your beliefs on me and just get along and have fun" kind of person. I hung out with them because they attracted the hot chics. "woke " to me is how the world really works . I was " woke" before it was a term.

My thoughts exactly. Everything you wrote here applies to me also. Look, it was not about homosexuality at all, it was a made up example how the term "woke" has expanded to contain a full variety of things. I could just as well have used protecting the nature or eliminating famine as my example. There are gays who are awesome, and gays who are idiots. It is a human thing, what else to expect?

But in order to return on-topic. "Our civilization has failed" Yep. Our civilization is fucked up and on the brink of extinction unless we collectively change our ways. What do i want then? No police. No security guards. No prisons. Please do not get this wrong, we need all of these now, due to the fact that hatred, greed and violence are encoded into human DNA strain, and are more dominant in some individuals. I don't want to defund the police, quite the opposite actually, more funding, more efficient use of the funds available, more police presence. What i mean by more efficient use of police funds, is that a pothead sitting on the couch with a bag of chips poses no threat to anyone, and should be left alone.  Why go and arrest the red-eyed one while a murderer is on the loose somewhere?

No authority, no one ruling over anyone. Equality. Efficient, waste free energy sources. NATO should be the base of a new organization, where all nations join. And i mean all, that includes Russia, China and North Korea. Then we stop fighting with each other here, over land or resources or for the sake of someone being a warmongering butthole. NATO then gathers all funds left from national defense and military complexes worldwide, and uses that money to build up a system to protect us from extraterrestrial threats.

Explore space, but do not colonize. We have already devastated one planet, it would be unfair towards the universe to fuck up another one. Mars maybe? And when that is full of pollution and shit, then where do we go to pillage and rape the environment?

If someone calls me a naive dreamer now, i am 100% guilty as charged.

I like you more and more everyday. You could be my twin brother because my real brother is a skin head anti drinking and drugs asshole. LOL !