Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So where do you land?
Me,,,, [Image: chart?ec=-0.13&soc=2.31]   smallslavedriver
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-30-2020, 06:25 AM)guohua Wrote: Me,,,, [Image: chart?ec=-0.13&soc=2.31]   smallslavedriver

*Hides under Desk*

smallcrackingup
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-26-2020, 05:59 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This test is rigged.   tinylaughing 

Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -4.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.92

[Image: chart?ec=-4.5&soc=-0.92]

Yup, it is. The questions are poorly designed to reveal political proclivities. I should have been in the far right bottom corner, in the purple farthest from the center. Instead:

[Image: chart?ec=2.75&soc=0.46]
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-27-2020, 01:32 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Hey folks, as i positioned as far to the left as the scale went, i feel like i need to make some points clear.

1. I do not want to take away guns from the fine people of U.S.A

2. 2016 elections, Trump any day, before KILLary. 2020 elections, Trump any day before Biden.

3. I dislike Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

4. Antifa is a bunch of violent dickheads who claim to be anti-fascist but use 100% fascist methods of action and behavior in general.

5. Trying to smoke out the POTUS from the white house based on false claims and outright lying is nasty. You hear me there, Pelosi.

There. Do i fit back into the rogue posse now? tinycool

You're fine - you never didn't fit in.

Your score is in the lower left area. That means you don't mind spending other folks money, but you don't want anyone telling you how to spend it.

1. Folks who want to take guns away are in the UPPER left quadrant. They don't mind spending other folks' money, and they want to BE the authority to dictate how other folks spend their own money. They are authoritarians, and personal firearms possession is a threat to authoritarians. Therefore, they want to take private firearms away to preserve their authoritarian proclivities.

2. Killary and Biden are far more authoritarian than Trump, and your graph shows you are far less authoritarian than any of them. Your stance in favor of Trump over Killary or Biden reflects the fact that, authoritarianism-wise, he is far closer to you than either of them.

3. No sane person likes Sandy Cortez. Your dislike of her just demonstrates your sanity. She is far Left on the graph, and almost blows the top out of it on the authoritarian axis. She is near Stalin, but to the Left of him. You're a Finn, and can't have any great love for Stalin, or anyone like him.

4. Antifa are also upper left, despite their claims of pretension to anarchy. Their actions demonstrate their great love for authoritarianism - as long as THEY are the Authorities to Lord it over the rest of us peons.

5. that's a morality call, and the graph doesn't measure morality - it only measures economic and authoritarian leanings.

So, you never left the fold.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-27-2020, 07:14 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: This is the thing with politics nowadays and people too invested in it, you can rarely have a normal conversation, and if you are opposed in beliefs to someone, suddenly that relationship can change, it's happened to me over and over, as soon as someone finds out where I lean.
When I post on a left leaning place, it's upvotes galore and people being overly friendly as long as I tow the line. I really can't stand that shit, there's nothing honest about an echo chamber, it just becomes a place of mass delusion.  I'd rather be in a place where people dislike me and there's a few like me or who don't give a damn where I sit.

I am much like you at the end there, I'm not gonna fight you over your beliefs, they're yours and mine are mine, but I'm still interested in you,  lets have some fun instead.

I had to look up what Rummikub was tinybiggrin

I can disagree with you without disliking you. I've built an entire life on that ability!

(08-27-2020, 07:21 AM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 06:31 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 06:17 PM)beez Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 05:59 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: This test is rigged.   tinylaughing 

Your Political Compass

Commie.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

@"beez", Imagine that!  A Commie fighting tooth and nail to prevent Communism from taking over in our country.   tinywhat

smallrofl

Gave me a laugh that!

Left does not = Communism though, your result is pretty Centred all in all.

Commies are authoritarian left. Left wing policies cannot work without authoritarians to force people to follow them.

Oddly perhaps, Nazis are authoritarian left as well, but somewhat right of the communist position. fascists are authoritarian, but a little bit farther right than Nazis. All of them are left of the center line on the economic axis, and all of them are WAY above the center line on the authoritarian axis.

(08-28-2020, 07:01 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Tell me about it ...

[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-08-28-at-1-47-33-PM.png]

I went back today and took this ... copying the questions I felt distort the outcome.

If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations. (what if you don't see globalization as even a remote possibility?)

There is now a worrying fusion of information and entertainment. (what does this even mean?)

People are ultimately divided more by class than by nationality. (just a rigged question)

Controlling inflation is more important than controlling unemployment. (wut? how do you pick between those two evils?)

Land shouldn’t be a commodity to be bought and sold. (another rigged question)

The only social responsibility of a company should be to deliver a profit to its shareholders. (stoopid.  companies don't have responsibilities to anything.  they're companies.  but, this survey turns them into ... what? ... people?)

Abortion, when the woman’s life is not threatened, should always be illegal. (rigged question.  and, I think the only one related to the subject.)

Mothers may have careers, but their first duty is to be homemakers. (should have read, "a woman's place is in her daddy's home, unless she's barefoot and pregnant in her husband's home.  then we could answer it fairly.)

Multinational companies are unethically exploiting the plant genetic resources of developing countries. (wut?)

Charity is better than social security as a means of helping the genuinely disadvantaged. (should have substituted a picture of a Spartan cliff, with the disadvantaged being shoved over into the Valley of the Bones below.)

At least none of you can accuse me of being too far to the right or too authoritarian ... ever again. -chuckle @"beez"

Here you go. I took it again, and fed it the answers that Left Wingers have been indoctrinated to believe are Trump's positions:

[Image: chart?ec=8.88&soc=7.74]

You can have that graph, claim it as your own. that way, you won't confuse leftists who have been instructed to believe you are something you are not. It fits into their narrative, and all will be well in their world.

(08-30-2020, 07:57 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 07:14 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: This is the thing with politics nowadays and people too invested in it, you can rarely have a normal conversation, and if you are opposed in beliefs to someone, suddenly that relationship can change, it's happened to me over and over, as soon as someone finds out where I lean.
When I post on a left leaning place, it's upvotes galore and people being overly friendly as long as I tow the line. I really can't stand that shit, there's nothing honest about an echo chamber, it just becomes a place of mass delusion.  I'd rather be in a place where people dislike me and there's a few like me or who don't give a damn where I sit.

I am much like you at the end there, I'm not gonna fight you over your beliefs, they're yours and mine are mine, but I'm still interested in you,  lets have some fun instead.

I had to look up what Rummikub was tinybiggrin

I can disagree with you without disliking you. I've built an entire life on that ability!

I'm the same, many many people aren't though unfortunately!

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-30-2020, 08:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 07:21 AM)Moonmagic Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 06:31 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 06:17 PM)beez Wrote:

Your Political Compass

Commie.

tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing tinylaughing

@"beez", Imagine that!  A Commie fighting tooth and nail to prevent Communism from taking over in our country.   tinywhat

smallrofl

Gave me a laugh that!

Left does not = Communism though, your result is pretty Centred all in all.

Commies are authoritarian left. Left wing policies cannot work without authoritarians to force people to follow them.

Oddly perhaps, Nazis are authoritarian left as well, but somewhat right of the communist position. fascists are authoritarian, but a little bit farther right than Nazis. All of them are left of the center line on the economic axis, and all of them are WAY above the center line on the authoritarian axis.

But Left does not automatically mean Communism is my point, just like Right does not automatically mean Fascist! There is a tendency for people to just throw out labels today because it fits there world view, that needs to stop! There is far more than just blanket Left and Right.

just a bit of fun to pass the time with Members here anyways.

minusculebeercheers

- Epictetus

(08-29-2020, 07:26 PM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: Not sure about this test. I may manipulate answers next time to see if results vary. It clearly didnt make me Stalin enough  tinylaughing

[Image: Screenshot-20200829-132546-Chrome.jpg]

LOL

[Image: tenor.gif]

- Epictetus

Can't get the image to post, but I answered all the questions correctly...

https://www.politicalcompass.org/yourpol...&soc=-2.21
(08-27-2020, 12:41 AM)kdog Wrote: I land about here. 

[Image: chart.png]

Instead of trying to figure out how to get my pic to work, I'll just quote this, mine was the same. That nice balance of being moderate, but on the libertarian end with that nice dash of leaning right. It's......the formula for utopia. :)
I'm almost bang in the centre of the libertarian left. I was indifferent about quite a few questions but the lesser of two evils and all that plonked me there.

[Image: chart?ec=-4.88&soc=-4.36]
[color=var(--mid-gray)]Economic Left/Right: -4.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.36
[/color]
(09-29-2020, 06:37 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Can't get the image to post, but I answered all the questions correctly...

This is yours:

[Image: chart?ec=0.88&soc=-2.21]
[Image: minicomALL.gif]

Your Political Compass

Economic Left/Right: 0.88 
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.21
(09-29-2020, 06:37 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Can't get the image to post, but I answered all the questions correctly...

[Image: chart?ec=0.88&soc=-2.21]

There you go, @"MisterSpock".  I inserted it for you.   minusculebiggrin

ETA:  Oops!  I didn't see that Wide Eyes had already inserted it for you.
Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races.

WTF.................Aliens 
What are they talking about? I quit after I read this.

Check this out:

[Image: chart?ec=4.88&soc=7.9]

[Image: minicomALL.gif]
Economic Left/Right: 4.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 7.9

That's Hitler and Thatcher's love child.