Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
So where do you land?
It's Wednesday, I am on day 1 of a 30 day Fast, and the hardest part about a fast, is to stave off boredom and keep busy at all times!

So to pass an hour or so I was fumbling around the net and decided to retake the Political Compass test, see where I land in these dark days where a blonde Ogre is currently running my Country.

So where do you land? No judgements Ladies and Gents, it's just a bit of fun on a Rainy Wednesday Morning.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Here's Mine ...

[Image: 2pHZ0en.jpg]
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-26-2020, 07:55 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: It's Wednesday, I am on day 1 of a 30 day Fast, and the hardest part about a fast, is to stave off boredom and keep busy at all times!

So to pass an hour or so I was fumbling around the net and decided to retake the Political Compass test, see where I land in these dark days where a blonde Ogre is currently running my Country.

So where do you land? No judgements Ladies and Gents, it's just a bit of fun on a Rainy Wednesday Morning.

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

Here's Mine ...

[Image: 2pHZ0en.jpg]
Crikey! 30 days!  I'm lucky to go a day without food.  I need it for strength to keep working and support my family.  If I did 30 days I couldn't operate.

Cheers,

Bally
@"Bally002"

Ketones, body runs fine on fat, lots of energy, even sleep less. Just have to make sure your Electrolytes are replenished.

minusculebeercheers

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

[Image: chart.png]

I'm seeing a theme here....( :
internet Agent Provocateur
(08-26-2020, 09:41 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: [Image: chart.png]

I'm seeing a theme here....(  :
It's all making sense  tinydrroling

- Epictetus

(08-26-2020, 09:11 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: @"Bally002"

Ketones, body runs fine on fat, lots of energy, even sleep less. Just have to make sure your Electrolytes are replenished.

minusculebeercheers

May I ask you might keep updating this thread.  I'm feeling I'm misunderstanding a 30 day fast.

Just my thoughts.

Bally :)
(08-26-2020, 09:57 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 09:11 AM)Moonmagic Wrote: @"Bally002"

minusculebeercheers

May I ask you might keep updating this thread.  I'm feeling I'm misunderstanding a 30 day fast.

Just my thoughts.

Bally :)

I'll update Bally, all I ingest is water and electrolytes for the duration, forces your body into Ketosis, which means your body switches it's fuel source to body fat, HGH gets ramped up, which preserves muscle mass, autophagy kicks in and starts recycling old or damaged cell components. Tons of benefits, it sounds worse than it is, I've done it plenty of times over the years, no negative effects beyond my mind obsessing over a Lamb leg near the end! It does the body and mind a lot of good.

- Epictetus

I am 1/2 dot/square right of dead center in the blue.

Quote:Your Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

Been around Buddhist for such a long time that any other score would have surprised me.
From seeing you post over the years I think I would have expected the dot to land somewhere there.

Nice one @"727Sky" minusculebeercheers

- Epictetus

[Image: kyf0ZgH.png]
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(08-26-2020, 12:04 PM)Sol Wrote: [Image: kyf0ZgH.png]

My computer is dead so I couldn't grab a screen shot, but my dot was pretty close to where yours is @Sol.

Surprised me a bit because practically all the test I have taken before this one always had me sitting pretty much dead center.

I do consider myself a Centrist. I am always trying to see the other guys point of view.

Not to make excuses for them, but I have this horrible need to make sense out of everything. It doesn't change much of anything, and the band plays on, but just like the little two year old, my brain is constantly pestering me with,  "why".

I guess deep down inside I do believe that if we know what triggered a catastrophe, maybe it can be avoided at another time, or at least get as far from it as possible.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-26-2020, 12:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-26-2020, 12:04 PM)Sol Wrote: [Image: kyf0ZgH.png]

My computer is dead so I couldn't grab a screen shot, but my dot was pretty close to where yours is @Sol.

Surprised me a bit because practically all the test I have taken before this one always had me sitting pretty much dead center.

I do consider myself a Centrist. I am always trying to see the other guys point of view.

Not to make excuses for them, but I have this horrible need to make sense out of everything. It doesn't change much of anything, and the band plays on, but just like the little two year old, my brain is constantly pestering me with,  "why".

I guess deep down inside I do believe that if we know what triggered a catastrophe, maybe it can be avoided at another time, or at least get as far from it as possible.

I definitely picture you Centre Nightsky, and I always see you asking questions rather than just Cheer leading something on.

I am not a cheer leader either, Me and @"Antisthenes" are very similar in beliefs, but I tend to hang around places full of people mostly very different from me, because that's how I become confident in my beliefs, when I am not around a bunch of people high fiveing my opinions because they agree. That is unhealthy for my mind and I will never see real arguments from people opposite me or truly form my own thoughts, I love to consume what people think and why, then figure out where my thoughts/beliefs fall.

- Epictetus

(08-26-2020, 01:03 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: That is unhealthy for my mind and I will never see real arguments from people opposite me or truly form my own thoughts, I love to consume what people think and why, then figure out where my thoughts/beliefs fall.

I pretty much know why I think and feel the way I do,  I guess that is why I become so inquisitive when others have a different opinion. 

I find it is more difficult to have civil conversations today because many seem to think asking them why they feel the way they do, is a direct personal attack.

I was really put in my place a while back when I tried to explain, I was asking, because I didn't see it the same way, and was hoping they could make me see the errors in my thinking. I was told that no one gave a damn about what I thought, and I was part of the problem, if I couldn't see that Trump was the only person that could get us out of this mess and save our country. 

Now the day before my soon to be sister-in-law informed me that Trump was Satan himself, and we were all doomed if we didn't get him out of the White House. 

Both were red faced angry ready to go ballistic. There was only recourse for me. I poured them a glass of wine,  and one for myself. I sat down and asked, "Rummikub"?

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-26-2020, 12:42 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Surprised me a bit because practically all the test I have taken before this one always had me sitting pretty much dead center.

i'm like you, i was surprised. on all the countless test i took on TOS, i always came just right and above center. like one or two squares.

i believe that there should be standards for society, laws, rules, and other things to numerous to post here. i also believe that children should not be taught any thing other than reading, writing, science ( basic provable facts not opinions, or alternative speculation that doesn't have enough facts to be proven true ) and arithmetic in school. until at least 12th grade, maybe even further, opinions are not facts, and people trying to indoctrinate others under the power of authority ie, tow the line in my class/school or i will kick you out is wrong.

i also believe after one becomes a adult at least 21 for some maybe even older for others, then and only then should they be allowed to do certain things (vote, drink,smoke weed in states that it is legal). there is a reason the military prefers younger people beside physical fitness. their minds are easier to manipulate. i'll never forget what my senior drill instructor told us on the first day of training i quote, "when we get done with you, you'll be surprised what a 17 yr old can do with a M16." same applies in life. but then i also think that if your going to allow someone under the age of 21 to risk their life for their country, then they should be afforded every legal aspect of life for those over 21.

i say these things as one who in his younger years was considered a hellion, but i also had home trainin. lots of things i could have done that were wrong and landed me in jail, but it wasn't the law that kept me from doing them, it was what if momma finds out. then in the Corps, it took making pvt. 4 times before i stopped acting the fool. then as i looked back on life i could see the things that i did while young that made life more difficult as i got older.

enough of that, as i said i usually place just right of center one or two squares past center on horizontal  going up the vertical the line. imagine my surprise when it says i'm a social lib authoritarian leftie.
i think it's the way they worded the questions and didn't give a better set of ways to answer them.

should have gave a options for netural, some what agree, somewhat disagree, with the others. but then it appears like this maybe done by a british based group looking at the currency for donations. so their views are just a tad different in some areas than U.S. views. or some sneaky pete bastards trying to manipulate people into thinking their something their not.

here's mine.
[Image: fe5f4663d3.PNG]
I think the absence of the neutral option was to weed out us Centrist. 

Most people believe that Centrist are fence sitters, useless, and being dishonest with ourselves. After all, you have to prefer leaning to one side more than the other, and even if you are ambidextrous, you have to favor a hand, right?

I don't have a problem picking a side. I have never had a problem picking a side, but that doesn't mean that the side I choose was the right one, or the one that I wanted. Sometimes the only choice is between flour or cornmeal.

I am the oldest of ten children, five girls and give boys. The rule in the house, was if you mess with one, you mess with all. Being a girl didn't get me a pass. My Dad did not care. He expected us girls ro pull our weight, but he was harder on the boys. I never fought a single fight of my own doing. I could always make the other person see how, picking a fight with me was the most stupid and regrettable thing they could possibly do.

Yet, I fought a ton of fights in the name of one of my siblings. That all ended when I beat the snot out of the town bully in front of about twenty kids at school. I quickly got the label as "bat shit crazy", and nobody messed with me after that, nor did they mess with my siblings.

To remain honest. I have to admit I blindsided him. He was sitting on his bike when I started wailing the crap out of him with a Coke bottle that God had placed in the gutter for me. David had his slingshot. I had my Coke bottle. 

Crazy thing was it turned out he was harassing my little sister because he had a crush on her. They even dated for a while long after that.

• minusculebeercheers 

Here be my results:

[Image: vHlmJVq.png]
I'm not ashamed of it! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(08-26-2020, 03:22 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I think the absence of the neutral option was to weed out us Centrist.

imo, that's disingenuous. lots of people don't really agree with the left or right. just want to be left alone, be independent and get on with their life.
(08-26-2020, 03:42 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Here be my results:

[Image: vHlmJVq.png]
I'm not ashamed of it! 

That's where I land as well, couldn't copy/paste the picture, am on an office computer right now.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
[Image: Unknown.jpg]
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
[Image: chart?ec=-10.0&soc=-7.54]
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre