Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Escalating Violence @ New Normal Protests
(08-30-2020, 07:05 PM)Snarl Wrote: He thinks his way through what he's taking in.  I think the left has tuned-out any chance of sanity.

If the shooting starts in earnest, the lefties (and anyone who has sponsored their non-sense) is gonna pay out in blood.  I don't expect any airfields to be operating.  They'll block access to arsenals of military weapons.  Probably shut down the cops too.  If, that is, they've got anyone versed in military leadership on their planning committee.  Shut down the electrical grid ... go in ... exterminate ... gather intel ... round up the instigators and financiers (I'm looking at you Oprah) ... militia tribunal ... execute 'em.

Swift and sweet.  I like it. Just the instigators/rioters though. Regular protests are part of our 1st amendment right. It's the infiltrators who have turned their protests into violent riots.
Quite fortunately, the Constitution and the Penal Code are not our personal buffet.

"No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own
Or of thine friend's were.
Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee."
John Donne
internet Agent Provocateur
(08-30-2020, 07:05 PM)Snarl Wrote: He thinks his way through what he's taking in.  I think the left has tuned-out any chance of sanity.

If the shooting starts in earnest, the lefties (and anyone who has sponsored their non-sense) is gonna pay out in blood.  I don't expect any airfields to be operating.  They'll block access to arsenals of military weapons.  Probably shut down the cops too.  If, that is, they've got anyone versed in military leadership on their planning committee.  Shut down the electrical grid ... go in ... exterminate ... gather intel ... round up the instigators and financiers (I'm looking at you Oprah) ... militia tribunal ... execute 'em.

When, not if, but when, the shooting starts in earnest, there's gonna be blood all around, not just on the left. Don't make the mistake that starry-eyed boys made in the ramp-up to the first Civil War, when they were marching off to do battle giggling, each side thinking they would automatically trounce the other side and the war would be all over in less than a month.

That was a long, bloody damned month.

Back when Virginia was sprouting 2A Sanctuary counties like mushrooms after the rain, an Antifa group here in VA came out with a statement in support of the 2A, which floored me - who'da thunk it? As it turned out, they were arming up even then, and didn't want the government getting in their way. Since then, I've done some investigating because that alarmed me, and lo and behold, Leftists all across the board are arming up. I've got an intel report right here in front of me from another intel source, produced at the end of June, that contains an overview of no less than 10 armed Leftist organizations in the US. Most are harmless if the report is accurate, but a few are serious, large scale threats... and don't forget all those gun sales since the covid came to town - you don't really think ALL those guns went to right wingers, do you?

Antifa does have cadre who have already been blooded in shooting wars in the Middle East, going for training and combat experience with the Kurdish PKK and then returning here to train and organize militant units for use in the upcoming war. They don't have a lack of leadership. And don't forget that Antifa Warlord who was handing out AR's from the trunk of his car when Chaz was a thing... how do you reckon his broke ass got ahold of that many AR's all at once?

When we get into the imminent violence, and injuries start getting traded writ large, those injuries are going to go both ways. It wouldn't qualify as a "war" if they didn't - it would just be a massacre, shooting fish in a barrel. Believing that will be the case is the same mistake many a fine young man got his one and only life snuffed out for believing during the last Civil War.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-30-2020, 07:12 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

Swift and sweet.  I like it. Just the instigators/rioters though. Regular protests are part of our 1st amendment right. It's the infiltrators who have turned their protests into violent riots.

Unfortunately, it won't happen that way. The Fog of War guarantees that anyone perceived as an "enemy" will also be a target, regardless of the validity of the perception. People are panicky beasts, especially when they believe it's them or the other guy.

That's how shit like Bosnia happened.

Seriously, everyone - don't start thinking this is going to be a cakewalk, or that anyone at all, on either side, is going to give a tinker's damn about the Marquis of Queensbury Rules. War is ugly, bloody, nasty, and it's knock-down-drag-out, and it stays that way until only one side is left standing when the dust and smoke clears.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(08-31-2020, 12:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Unfortunately, it won't happen that way. The Fog of War guarantees that anyone perceived as an "enemy" will also be a target, regardless of the validity of the perception. People are panicky beasts, especially when they believe it's them or the other guy.

Seriously, everyone - don't start thinking this is going to be a cakewalk, or that anyone at all, on either side, is going to give a tinker's damn about the Marquis of Queensbury Rules. War is ugly, bloody, nasty, and it's knock-down-drag-out, and it stays that way until only one side is left standing when the dust and smoke clears.

Unfortunately, you are correct. I know this.  I was just stating that I only want the "bad guys" removed, not those innocents in the way. But... it is WAR!
(08-31-2020, 12:49 AM)Ninurta Wrote: When, not if, but when, the shooting starts in earnest, there's gonna be blood all around

No doubt.  It's the folks arming the opposition I'll be looking for.  Ammo dried up before they could familiarize themselves.

There are tens of millions on our side ... right frikkin' now.  Most of 'em know what they're doing.  Most of 'us' are aware of what you expressed above.

I ain't skeered.  Been there and come home with a footlocker filled with t-shirts.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-31-2020, 04:26 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 12:49 AM)Ninurta Wrote: When, not if, but when, the shooting starts in earnest, there's gonna be blood all around

No doubt.  It's the folks arming the opposition I'll be looking for.  Ammo dried up before they could familiarize themselves.

Ain't that the truth! I've been scouring around for a 1000 round lot of 9mm, and no one has any. What I have found in stock is running between about a dollar and 2.50 per round, which is way too steep for 9mm in my book. Makes me glad I stocked up on 5.56 quite a while back.

Quote:There are tens of millions on our side ... right frikkin' now.  Most of 'em know what they're doing.  Most of 'us' are aware of what you expressed above.

No doubt, and what's more, most of the opposition DOESN'T know what they're doing. I mean, just look at the NFAC loons - for all their bragging about being loaded down with combat vets, their marches sure haven't shown it. The problem in my view is the classic communist tactic of sending in a few cadre to "organize" and send the unsuspecting cannon fodder to their doom while that cadre group skies it out of there and moves on to the next. Antifa has been doing that already, and when they start throwing guns into the mix, a lot of unsuspecting cannon fodder is gonna get killed permanently dead.

I know you've noticed how the Democrats have suddenly started screaming against the violence... but they appear to be hoping that no one notices that they didn't start railing against it until the Right started fighting back. I guess it wasn't "violence" to them until they ran into opposition willing to return it on them. Their problem is that they are trying to dump it all in the lap of mysterious and nebulous "right wing militias", when we all can remember who started this city-burning bullshit. It wasn't the right wingers, but now that they are getting reaction, and not the reaction they wanted, they're all starting to whine and wishing they could just grab their ball and glove and go home unnoticed.

Democrats decrying the violence now is a little too little, a little too late.

Quote:I ain't skeered.  Been there and come home with a footlocker filled with t-shirts.

I ain't skeert either, but I do prefer keeping my ear to the ground so's I don't end up zigging when I ought to be zagging. I probably won't see much, if any, of it anyhow. I'm surrounded by 70 miles of armed hillbillies in every direction, and I'm too old now to just snatch up my kit and march towards the sound of the gunfire, so I won't be going to it, and it likely won't make it all the way to me. I do wonder what the country is going to look like when the dust settles and the smoke clears, though.

(08-31-2020, 05:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I do wonder what the country is going to look like when the dust settles and the smoke clears, though.

They'll be hoping to pick us rural folk off one at a time ... 'til the farms stop producing. -chuckle
You better run!
Wars are won or lost on the battles.

Battles are won by the side who makes the fewest mistakes.

Calm, rational approaches are the best.  Use reason, critical thinking.

tinybiggrin
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(08-31-2020, 05:32 PM)beez Wrote: Calm, rational approaches are the best.  Use reason, critical thinking.

The harvest is coming.  Followed by the Election.  Followed by Winter.

Look into your crystal ball, Bunny, and tell us what you see in there.
You better run!
(08-31-2020, 05:45 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 05:32 PM)beez Wrote: Calm, rational approaches are the best.  Use reason, critical thinking.

I see it fading and failing this winter.

The level of commitment needed to fight an actual war just isn't in most people.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(08-31-2020, 12:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

The fight will not be in some strange land but in your streets , you wont understand that the people getting killed, talk just like you, have the same dreams for life, have kids and jobs much the same as you do. Hate blinds people to what they do, all I can say is before you do anything think will your mother, wife and children be proud of what you will do or have done in 10 years time. As Ninurta says, In the fog of war anyone perceived as an enemy will be targeted. That means that everyone will be a target, men women and children.
(08-31-2020, 06:04 PM)Wallfire Wrote: the people getting killed, talk just like you, have the same dreams for life, have kids and jobs much the same as you do. Hate blinds people to what they do, all I can say is ...

You better run!
(08-31-2020, 05:26 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 05:18 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I do wonder what the country is going to look like when the dust settles and the smoke clears, though.

They'll be hoping to pick us rural folk off one at a time ... 'til the farms stop producing. -chuckle

Two things John Titor said have come back into my mind recently. He was asked when the next Civil War starts, and he responded that he thought it was about the time that cops stopped answering 911 calls. He said it started before that, but that was when everyone knew it was on.

The other thing he said that comes to my mind was - when farmers stop producing, all they have left to do his hide in the bushes and shoot folks all day.

Now JT claimed that in his timeline, the war started in 2008, and DC got nuked by a friendly foreign nation in March of 2015, so his prediction mechanism was a bit off, but we do appear to be on track with most of what he said, just several years behind schedule.

(08-31-2020, 05:56 PM)beez Wrote:

The level of commitment needed to fight an actual war just isn't in most people.

I'd like to advance another scenario.

Marxists are not lacking in commitment. Brush fire war after brush fire war has demonstrated that. Marxists are the ones pushing this agenda, If they have the level of commitment to keep killing the rest of us off, we have only two choices - fight, or die. That sort of thing works wonders for a fella's commitment issues when bullets are apt to start buzzing past his ears any second...

Just gonna leave these laying here...

(09-01-2020, 07:14 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 05:56 PM)beez Wrote:

I'd like to advance another scenario.

Marxists are not lacking in commitment. Brush fire war after brush fire war has demonstrated that. Marxists are the ones pushing this agenda, If they have the level of commitment to keep killing the rest of us off, we have only two choices - fight, or die. That sort of thing works wonders for a fella's commitment issues when bullets are apt to start buzzing past his ears any second...

Sad thing you are right, it will be a small group killing as many people as possible. Its not about winning, its about disrupting normal life and government as much as possible, and it can go on for years. Slowly hate fills everyone, hate makes it easy to kill, hate makes killing feel right. This is how Marxism works. Everyone gets sucked in to the slaughter on one side or the other. Who is right or who is wrong is not important any more, just hating and killing others who dont seem to support you is important. 
When the dust settles will you be proud of what was done, in your later years will you drink take drugs to help dull the film that keeps playing in your mind, will you hide it from your children and grandchildren. You try to sleep, but what seemed so right then, makes you a monster now. 
Its said that the only glory of war is surviving it.
War will kill you, or kill your mind, but in the end it always gets you
(09-01-2020, 07:08 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-31-2020, 05:26 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Two things John Titor said have come back into my mind recently. He was asked when the next Civil War starts, and he responded that he thought it was about the time that cops stopped answering 911 calls. He said it started before that, but that was when everyone knew it was on.

The other thing he said that comes to my mind was - when farmers stop producing, all they have left to do his hide in the bushes and shoot folks all day.

Now JT claimed that in his timeline, the war started in 2008, and DC got nuked by a friendly foreign nation in March of 2015, so his prediction mechanism was a bit off, but we do appear to be on track with most of what he said, just several years behind schedule.

I saw the JT legend, but I didn't make a study of it.  Most of what's attributed to him makes a lot of sense.  They used to keep Us occupied writing scenarios when we weren't 'busy'.  There were some creative minds around the shop.  The ones that sent chills up and down my spine are better left unrepeated.
You better run!
Found this bit of info

Quote:DOJ knows who the rioters are, AG Barr describes rioters as highly organized violent operators
8/31/2020
0 Comments

[Image: klkl3khlh2lklhl2lh2_orig.jpg]

justice.gov reports: Attorney General William P. Barr issued the following statement on the Ninth Circuit's stay in Index Newspapers LLC, et al v. United States Marshals Service, et al: “Last night, the U.S. Court of Appeals for Ninth Circuit entered an order temporarily blocking an injunction entered by a federal district court in Portland that imposed extensive but vaguely defined constraints on federal law enforcement personnel striving to protect the federal courthouse and surrounding areas in Portland from destruction.  In practical effect, the district court’s order prevented the federal government from effectively addressing violent mobs through the general crowd-control measures that are required, and it unacceptably increased the risk of serious injury to federal law enforcement officers.  The Ninth Circuit’s decision is an important step that will allow federal officers to continue carrying out their important security responsibilities without being subject to untenable conditions.
                                              As the Department of Justice explained in our briefing, federal officers in Portland – like law enforcement in other parts of the country – have confronted aggressive mob violence.  Behind the veil of “protests,” highly organized violent operators have carried out direct attacks on federal personnel and property, particularly the federal courthouse in Portland.  Shielded by the crowds, which make it difficult for law enforcement to detect or reach them, violent opportunists in Portland have attacked the courthouse and federal officers with explosives, lasers, projectiles, and other dangerous devices.  In some cases, purported “journalists” or “legal observers” have provided cover for the violent offenders; in others, individuals wearing supposed press badges have themselves attacked law enforcement or trespassed on federal property.  More than 200 federal officers have been injured in Portland alone.
                                               In an interesting choice of words from AG Barr, Attorney General Barr has described violent rioters across America as highly organized violent operators. This is a very true statement by AG Barr on the insurrection riots taking place across America, and what makes this most interesting is that AG Barr used the words highly organized violent operators. Could it be a clue with this choice of words by AG Barr to describe insurrection rioters that there is more to them then meets the eye of all Americans, as maybe AG Barr could be hinting that leaders of these insurrection riots could likely be previous administration intelligence assets?
                                       This would make sense because a Ukraine Journalist about a week ago revealed evidence that the previous administration was importing foreign terrorists assets into the United States to take part in Antifa and Black Lives Matter activities inside the United States...And could very well be involved in riots inside of cities like Portland, Oregon and Kenosha, Wisconsin. AG Barr describing these rioters as highly organized violent operators could be a clue that there is more to those who are rioting in the streets of America then what the average American thinks.
link
(09-01-2020, 11:20 AM)Wallfire Wrote: Found this bit of info

The volume knob is being twisted clockwise.  Waiting for big-platform e-mail traffic to start taking a hit.

What ppl are complaining about is the promotion of content that drowns out what is really happening ... and the almost immediate removal of anything that violates the narrative.

If MSM quickly removes anything that looks like a foreign influence ... what happens to them?
You better run!