Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Drink Coffee stop liver cancer
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-r...ancer.html

Full Title : Calculating the reduction in worldwide deaths from liver cancer if the whole world drank more coffee

Quote:by Bob Yirka , Medical Xpress

Credit: Pixabay/CC0 Public Domain
A team of researchers affiliated with multiple institutions across Australia has found that if everyone in the world drank at least two cups of coffee every day, the world would see hundreds of thousands fewer deaths from liver cancer. In their paper published in the journal Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, the group describes calculating their numbers and explains why they believe governments should begin encouraging people to drink more coffee.
Multiple studies over the past several years have shown that drinking coffee can have many health benefits if consumed on a regular basis. One of those benefits that stands out from the others is a reduced risk of developing liver cancer. The researchers with this new effort note that the results of this research suggest that drinking two or three cups of coffee per day can reduce a person's risk of developing the disease by 38 percent—and their risk of dying from the disease by 46 percent. And when a person ups their consumption to four or more cups per day, the risk reduction is 41 percent and chance of dying is 71 percent less. In this new effort, the researchers wondered what would happen if all the world's non-coffee drinkers began to consume two or four cups of coffee every day.
To find out, the researchers extracted and studied data in the Global Burden of Disease 2016 dataset, filtering for liver-cancer-related statistics. They found that there were 1,240,201 deaths listed from liver cancer for that year. The researchers then retrieved coffee drinking statistics and added both sets of data into a model that showed connections between coffee drinking and reductions in liver cancer. The model showed that if everyone in the world had been drinking two cups of coffee a day in 2016, there would have been 452,861 fewer deaths from liver cancer. And if everyone had been drinking four cups, there would have been 723,287 fewer deaths. They researchers believe that governments and health agencies should begin promoting coffee consumption as a way to reduce liver cancer rates.
I hope this is true.

Coffee addict here.

[Image: yICjiuy.jpg]

No. That ain't me in that picture.

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
(08-23-2020, 11:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-r...ancer.html

Full Title : Calculating the reduction in worldwide deaths from liver cancer if the whole world drank more coffee

A team of researchers affiliated with multiple institutions across Australia has found that if everyone in the world drank at least two cups of coffee every day, the world would see hundreds of thousands fewer deaths from liver cancer. In their paper published in the journal Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, the group describes calculating their numbers and explains why they believe governments should begin encouraging people to drink more coffee.
Multiple studies over the past several years have shown that drinking coffee can have many health benefits if consumed on a regular basis. One of those benefits that stands out from the others is a reduced risk of developing liver cancer. The researchers with this new effort note that the results of this research suggest that drinking two or three cups of coffee per day can reduce a person's risk of developing the disease by 38 percent—and their risk of dying from the disease by 46 percent. And when a person ups their consumption to four or more cups per day, the risk reduction is 41 percent and chance of dying is 71 percent less. In this new effort, the researchers wondered what would happen if all the world's non-coffee drinkers began to consume two or four cups of coffee every day.
To find out, the researchers extracted and studied data in the Global Burden of Disease 2016 dataset, filtering for liver-cancer-related statistics. They found that there were 1,240,201 deaths listed from liver cancer for that year. The researchers then retrieved coffee drinking statistics and added both sets of data into a model that showed connections between coffee drinking and reductions in liver cancer. The model showed that if everyone in the world had been drinking two cups of coffee a day in 2016, there would have been 452,861 fewer deaths from liver cancer. And if everyone had been drinking four cups, there would have been 723,287 fewer deaths. They researchers believe that governments and health agencies should begin promoting coffee consumption as a way to reduce liver cancer rates.

I have problems with these studies because they only look at one thing. Everyone is different. Many react differently to the same thing and even can react differently to the same thing at different times.

You could eat strawberries every day of your life and wake up one morning and have an anaphylactic response to them.

There are way too many factors that are not being looked at, for me to believe most of studies they throw our way. My first question is not if it is true, my first question is always who paid for the study and what are they selling.

I like coffee, but have had to tune down my consumption, for other health reasons. 

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-23-2020, 11:54 AM)727Sky Wrote: https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-08-r...ancer.html

well i have to say that i believe that this is horsesh@@. my father drank coffee all day long you never saw him without a cup of coffee, for nearly his whole life. he even drank it outside in temps over 100 degrees up till the moment he got up to go to bed.

he died from cancer, now it did start in his lungs and spread to his liver and brain according to the doctors. but what brought it to his attention was pain in his abdomen.
Here's hoping it prevents cirrhosis as well.  -grin

Heading down for cup #3.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
tinywhat

I haven't had a cup of coffee in over 30 years!

tinybighuh
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(08-23-2020, 12:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I have problems with these studies because they only look at one thing. Everyone is different. Many react differently to the same thing and even can react differently to the same thing at different times.

You could eat strawberries every day of your life and wake up one morning and have an anaphylactic response to them.

There are way too many factors that are not being looked at, for me to believe most of studies they throw our way. My first question is not if it is true, my first question is always who paid for the study and what are they selling.

I like coffee, but have had to tune down my consumption, for other health reasons. 

Agreed, it just seems like a correlation study too (admittedly I never went and read in depth), which means practically nothing.

I don't drink Coffee, find it revolting. I just don't like bitterness in anything.

I do consume plenty of Caffeine at the Gym 5 times a week though, so if this did have any truth to it and the magic ingredient is Caffeine, maybe I am covered?
I was born with a Thorn in my Soul, sometimes it hurts.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

(08-23-2020, 03:40 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: I do consume plenty of Caffeine at the Gym 5 times a week though, so if this did have any truth to it and the magic ingredient is Caffeine, maybe I am covered?

Probably the coffee bean oil ... rather than caffein.  Just a guess.

Where's @"rickymouse" ??   tinycool
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-23-2020, 04:09 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 03:40 PM)Moonmagic Wrote: I do consume plenty of Caffeine at the Gym 5 times a week though, so if this did have any truth to it and the magic ingredient is Caffeine, maybe I am covered?

My Sister used to use Coffee bean oil on her skin, didn't cross my mind.

Nature gave us one tongue and two ears so we could hear twice as much as we speak.

- Epictetus

I'll answer this as a TCM Herbalist.
No.
Coffee consumed in a liquid form does nothing but enhance your brain function by making you more alert.

The coffee Bean consumed raw is a different matter.
But to stop a person from getting cancer, No. If you have the cancer Gene in your DNA, nothing you do will stop that Cancer from occurring.

As a side note, Starbucks coffee if the worst, they actually buy the beans No Other Company Wants, but because of all the Additives you can not taste just how bad it is and all the sugar will give you Diabetes.  

JMHO
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
That would be awesome if it proves to be true! I’m a total coffee hound. I think about it often throughout the day.  minusculebeercheers
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/w...od-for-you
Quote:9 Reasons Why (the Right Amount of) Coffee Is Good for You

Ah, coffee. Whether you’re cradling a travel mug on your way to work or dashing out after spin class to refuel with a skinny latte, it’s hard to imagine a day without it. The caffeine perks you up, and there’s something incredibly soothing about sipping a steaming cup of joe. But is drinking coffee good for you?

Good news: The case for coffee is stronger than ever. Study after study indicates you could be getting more from your favorite morning beverage than you thought: Coffee is chock full of substances that may help guard against conditions more common in women, including Alzheimer’s disease and heart disease.
“Caffeine is the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coffee. But coffee also contains antioxidants and other active substances that may reduce internal inflammation and protect against disease,” says Diane Vizthum, M.S., R.D., research nutritionist for Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
[Image: coffeesmoothie.ashx?h=440&w=640&la=en&ha...7A03DD75A3]
What are the top health benefits of drinking coffee?
Your brew gives you benefits beyond an energy boost. Here are the top ways coffee can positively impact your health:
  1. You could live longer.
    Recent studies found that coffee drinkers are less likely to die from some of the leading causes of death in women: coronary heart diseasestrokediabetes and kidney disease.

2. Your body may process glucose (or sugar) better.
    That’s the theory behind studies that found that people who drink more coffee are less likely to get type 2 diabetes.

3. You're less likely to develop heart failure.
    Drinking one to two cups of coffee a day may help ward off heart failure, when a weakened heart has difficulty pumping enough blood to the body.

4. You are less likely to develop Parkinson's disease.
    Caffeine is not only linked to a lower chance of developing Parkinson’s disease, but it may also help those with the condition better control their movements.

5. Your liver will thank you.
    Both regular and decaf coffee seem to have a protective effect on your liver. Research shows that coffee drinkers are more likely to have liver enzyme levels within a healthy range than people who don’t drink coffee.

6. Your DNA will be stronger.
    Dark roast coffee decreases breakage in DNA strands, which occur naturally but can lead to cancer or tumors if not repaired by your cells.

7. Your odds of getting colon cancer will go way down.
    One in 23 women develop colon cancer. But researchers found that coffee drinkers — decaf or regular — were 26 percent less likely to develop colorectal cancer.

8. You may decrease your risk of getting Alzheimer's disease.
    Almost two-thirds of Americans living with Alzheimer’s disease are women. But the caffeine in two cups of coffee may provide significant protection against developing the condition. In fact, researchers found that women age 65 and older who drank two to three cups of coffee a day were less likely to develop dementia in general.

9. You're not as likely to suffer a stroke.
    For women, drinking at least one cup of coffee a day is associated with lowered stroke risk, which is the fourth leading cause of female deaths.

I think my viking-scottish heritage is what prevents me from getting ill. Beer, meat and potatoes all my life and at 55 perfectly healthy. You may think I am full of shit, but it's true.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
I know it for a fact to be true because I drink the stuff all day and I don't wanna die from liver cancer.
internet Agent Provocateur
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20...144837.htm

There are a half dozen chemicals in coffee that can help protect against liver cancer.  Look at that article I posted though, it is interesting, and wonder how medical science could get it so wrong over the years telling people to stop smoking and drinking coffee.

Caffeine is an adjuvant, it speeds up absorption of the chemicals.  There are three or four quinine chemistries in coffee, it has many properties that are healthy.  I have to wonder if they knew that coffee was actually healthy when they told so many people to quit drinking it.  Another thing, coffee stimulates a person to pee, so it helps to speed up excretion of toxins.  It also triggers the body to have to poop because it stimulates the bowels.  A triterpine chemical that is hard on the heart is captured in the paper filter of drip coffee makers, it is one of the reasons guys had heart attacks in the old days because they perked it and that chemical did not get stuck to the filter.  Less of a certain type of heart attack now because of Mr. Coffees.  The pressure coffee makers like keurig do not remove this chemical, neither do filters with mesh in them.  Coffee also has chemistry that helps to prevent certain types of diabetes.
(08-23-2020, 03:09 PM)beez Wrote: tinywhat

I haven't had a cup of coffee in over 30 years!

tinybighuh

If you are trying to make us feel sorry for you....you accomplished it.  Poor Beez.
(08-29-2020, 05:52 AM)rickymouse Wrote:

Caffeine is an adjuvant, it speeds up absorption of the chemicals.  There are three or four quinine chemistries in coffee, it has many properties that are healthy.  I have to wonder if they knew that coffee was actually healthy when they told so many people to quit drinking it.  Another thing, coffee stimulates a person to pee, so it helps to speed up excretion of toxins.  It also triggers the body to have to poop because it stimulates the bowels.  A triterpine chemical that is hard on the heart is captured in the paper filter of drip coffee makers, it is one of the reasons guys had heart attacks in the old days because they perked it and that chemical did not get stuck to the filter.  Less of a certain type of heart attack now because of Mr. Coffees.  The pressure coffee makers like keurig do not remove this chemical, neither do filters with mesh in them.  Coffee also has chemistry that helps to prevent certain types of diabetes.

So how do I kill my taste buds? Because that or adding a shit ton of sugar to it are the only ways I could consume Coffee without gagging, and I can't go the Sugar route.

tinyhuh

- Epictetus

(08-24-2020, 04:15 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: I know it for a fact to be true because I drink the stuff all day and I don't wanna die from liver cancer.

Yep when they do your autopsy your liver will be as new, everything else shot to hell  minusculebiggrin
(08-23-2020, 12:49 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Yep I was thinking the same, im sure I read some years ago the coffee was bad for you, but not a 100% sure. But I am sure that soon there will be a report saying that it is