Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fruit Of The Vine
I enjoy a nice glass of wine a few days a week. I allow myself this indulgence from time to time, which makes it all that more enjoyable to me. I live on a very strict and limited budget, so I can't afford it more often then that. 

My wine of choice is Cooper and Theif, so when I heard Apothic had a comparable wine, at half the price, I couldn't wait to jump on it.

The adage, "You get what you pay for", still rings true for me, but I think I may keep a bottle or two of Apothic for guest, and for a drink in between. It is not a bad wine, it really is a bit in a class of its own, and may be one of those wines that will grow on you.

I used to prefer the light, sweet, mild wines, like Zinfandels and Moscatos. About two to three years ago my tastes changed, and found I liked the heavier semi-sweet red blends.

Apothic has a wide variety of blends, so I will likely try a few others when the price is right. 

I would recommend giving it a try if you like red blends. It is 15.9% alcohol by volume, Cooper and Theif is 16%. Both are sipping wines, not party wines. Enjoy slowly. You will thank me later.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Wine???? No, not my drink of choice.
Jack Daniels Honey and Single Barrel Whiskey, Fire Ball, Woods Tenderfoot and Crown Royal.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Wine is my choice too, but I really have never found one I like as much as the man that used to make it himself and give me a bottle when I asked. I think of all the flavors, I liked the Mulberry the best. His wife died a few years ago and I think he stopped making it. It was something they did together.

Back when I was a young'n, I drank Boone's Farm.  Sweet! I think that spoiled damaged my taste buds or something. tinylaughing
(08-22-2020, 10:02 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Wine is my choice too, but I really have never found one I like as much as the man that used to make it himself and give me a bottle when I asked. I think of all the flavors, I liked the Mulberry the best. His wife died a few years ago and I think he stopped making it. It was something they did together.

Back when I was a young'n, I drank Boone's Farm.  Sweet! I think that spoiled my taste buds or something. tinylaughing

back when i was a poor ass teenager and young man it was Mad Dog 20/20, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. then when i got a job before the Corps it was Evan Williams, cause i couldn't afford Jack Daniels, use to say Evan for Seven. then after the Corps it was Everclear, Johnny Walker, or Cutty Shark. there have been different tequila spells, and there use to be a bar that sold pitchers of kamikaze's with a free rising sun head band/ bandanas. i had about 500 of em that i kept for years.
(08-22-2020, 09:16 PM)guohua Wrote: Wine???? No, not my drink of choice.
Jack Daniels Honey and Single Barrel Whiskey, Fire Ball, Woods Tenderfoot and Crown Royal.

Did the Jack Daniels thing when I was in the Air Force, or should I say Jack Daniels did me. 

I did some super stupid crap back when I was young. Yep! Looking at a super blessed miracle when you look at me.

• minusculebeercheers 

When I drink wine I just grab the cheap stuff. My favorites are Sweet Bitch Peach and Cupcake Moscato.
My drink of choice though is Oilfire Whiskey.
(08-22-2020, 10:02 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Wine is my choice too, but I really have never found one I like as much as the man that used to make it himself and give me a bottle when I asked. I think of all the flavors, I liked the Mulberry the best. His wife died a few years ago and I think he stopped making it. It was something they did together.

Back when I was a young'n, I drank Boone's Farm.  Sweet! I think that spoiled damaged my taste buds or something. tinylaughing

My paternal grandmother made the best homemade wine. People came from miles to get her wine. Used to make apple cider too, the good stuff. My favorite was the mulberry also.

I was never a fan of Boone's Farm though.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-22-2020, 10:19 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:  back when i was a poor ass teenager and young man it was Mad Dog 20/20, Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. then when i got a job before the Corps it was Evan Williams, cause i couldn't afford Jack Daniels, use to say Evan for Seven. then after the Corps it was Everclear, Johnny Walker, or Cutty Shark. there have been different tequila spells, and there use to be a bar that sold pitchers of kamikaze's with a free rising sun head band/ bandanas. i had about 500 of em that i kept for years.

I remember Mad Dog. That is what the all the young boys were drinking. 

I have tried the JW, Curry Sark and Everclear, back when I was young and dumb. I am a lightweight now. 

Just a glass or two of a good red blend is just fine for me. 

I was never one of those girls that was hard to please.  I wasn't easy by a long shot. I am just worth the effort.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-22-2020, 10:36 PM)VioletDove Wrote: When I drink wine I just grab the cheap stuff. My favorites are Sweet Bitch Peach and Cupcake Moscato.

Those wines sound interesting,  I will have my Mom check them out. She loves a light sweet wine.

• minusculebeercheers 

Apothic is just super good "bang for the buck wine". I really like it and they do Cabernet right. Black Box is comparable and their stiff is even better in terms of budget stuff. When funds are toght I get over to Aldi's and grab their Winking Owl. At $2.69 a bottle I can almost keep my liver hanging on by a thread without simaltaneously stripping my tastebuds off my tongue. Yum....
internet Agent Provocateur
(08-22-2020, 11:38 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 10:36 PM)VioletDove Wrote: When I drink wine I just grab the cheap stuff. My favorites are Sweet Bitch Peach and Cupcake Moscato.

Those wines sound interesting,  I will have my Mom check them out. She loves a light sweet wine.

They are so good! If she likes light and sweet, she will probably like them. My mom doesn’t usually like anything with alcohol and she’ll sometimes come over for a glass of one of these two.
Apothic is just super good "bang for the buck wine".  I really like it and they do Cabernet right. Black Box is comparable and their stuff is even better in terms of budget wine.  When funds are tight I get over to Aldi's and grab their Winking Owl. At $2.69 a bottle I can almost keep my liver hanging on by a thread without simaltaneously stripping my tastebuds off my tongue. Yum....
Mmmmmm, that sounds really good! I love wine, reds and whites. I’ve seen Apothic, and I always stare at the bottle. I have to be very careful with red wine, as a couple of sips can trigger a migraine. I love a good glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, which I may have a glass here or there during the winter months. 

I may have to check that Apothic out. It sounds like it would be wonderful to have a glass of that, along with a piece of very dark chocolate, sitting in front of my fireplace on a cold winter night.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
@guohua 

I like whiskey too. My favorite thing is to sip a shot of Jack Daniels Fireball or Crown Royal vanilla. No ice, no mix, just the whiskey neat. Another thing I like to sip on a cold winter night. 

I remember in my Navy days when I was young and stupid, I drank quite a bit of everclear. That stuff used to mess me up real bad, gave me the most godawful hangovers. Good times
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(08-23-2020, 12:12 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Apothic is just super good "bang for the buck wine".  I really like it and they do Cabernet right. Black Box is comparable and their stuff is even better in terms of budget wine.  When funds are tight I get over to Aldi's and grab their Winking Owl. At $2.69 a bottle I can almost keep my liver hanging on by a thread without simaltaneously stripping my tastebuds off my tongue. Yum....

At $2.69 a bottle of it taste even half way decent it will be on my staple list.  tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-23-2020, 01:44 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @guohua 

I like whiskey too. My favorite thing is to sip a shot of Jack Daniels Fireball or Crown Royal vanilla. No ice, no mix, just the whiskey neat. Another thing I like to sip on a cold winter night. 

I remember in my Navy days when I was young and stupid, I drank quite a bit of everclear. That stuff used to mess me up real bad, gave me the most godawful hangovers. Good times

Ice !? What the Hell is That?
Never, Never add ice to a drink of Whiskey or Bourbon.
I don't drink anything with ice, it has to be room temperature. My husband will have ice in his Tea.
Cold drinks, especially Alcohol beverages,  are bad for your stomach. 
Sorry, I am preaching minusculesoapbox .

I do have a bottle of Everclear here on my Herbal area, I use it to boil with Herbs for Bug Bites and Plant Allergies.
Yes of-course I take a Nip to assure it hasn't gone Bad!  tinylaughing
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-23-2020, 02:06 AM)guohua Wrote: I do have a bottle of Everclear here on my Herbal area, I use it to boil with Herbs for Bug Bites and Plant Allergies.

I have a friend that makes tinctures from Everclear. It seems to be the go to product for a lot of things.

• minusculebeercheers 

(08-23-2020, 01:45 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 12:12 AM)Antisthenes Wrote: Apothic is just super good "bang for the buck wine".  I really like it and they do Cabernet right. Black Box is comparable and their stuff is even better in terms of budget wine.  When funds are tight I get over to Aldi's and grab their Winking Owl. At $2.69 a bottle I can almost keep my liver hanging on by a thread without simaltaneously stripping my tastebuds off my tongue. Yum....

At $2.69 a bottle of it taste even half way decent it will be on my staple list.  tinylaughing

It's actually corked, Dawn! Lol.
Beer is me all over, but wifey likes a sweet red wine called Roscato . It's from Italy and about  12 bucks a bottle. 

I am a neanderthal , so I drink Natural Ice with shots of Tito's vodka , because I have the blood of vikings and it takes alot for me to even feel right.
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(08-23-2020, 02:06 AM)guohua Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 01:44 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @guohua 

Ice !? What the Hell is That?
Never, Never add ice to a drink of Whiskey or Bourbon.
I don't drink anything with ice, it has to be room temperature. My husband will have ice in his Tea.
Cold drinks, especially Alcohol beverages,  are bad for your stomach. 
Sorry, I am preaching minusculesoapbox .

I do have a bottle of Everclear here on my Herbal area, I use it to boil with Herbs for Bug Bites and Plant Allergies.

The hell with my stomach, dear. It's whiskey on the rocks for me, preferably Jack Daniels.

I don't put ice in my beer though, if that helps... tinybiggrin
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~