Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buzzards Roost
The ol lady and I took a trip over to Indiana yesterday to scope out the area. Buzzards Roost is in the Hoosier National Forest. 

It's a heavily wood cliff above the Ohio River at the end of a small, gravel road. It overlooks the Ohio River, and across from there is Kentucky farmland. It has a few free campsites with a porta potty that was cleaner than I have ever seen. 

Any ways, a few pics and info...  

[Image: buzzards-roost.jpg]

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/hoosier/...ecid=41540
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Looks really nice.  Been years since I took a long road trip more than an hour away. My old stiff joints just can't sit for long at a time.
I miss the days we used to go to Blue Ridge Mountains. If you ever get the chance, I suggest you put that on your "to go to" list next.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fassets.simpleviewinc.co...f=1&nofb=1]
(08-09-2020, 11:21 PM)kdog Wrote: The ol lady and I took a trip over to Indiana yesterday to scope out the area. Buzzards Roost is in the Hoosier National Forest. 

It's a heavily wood cliff above the Ohio River at the end of a small, gravel road. It overlooks the Ohio River, and across from there is Kentucky farmland. It has a few free campsites with a porta potty that was cleaner than I have ever seen. 

Very Nice!
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-09-2020, 11:21 PM)kdog Wrote: The ol lady and I took a trip over to Indiana yesterday to scope out the area. Buzzards Roost is in the Hoosier National Forest. 

Looks interesting.

A little over two hours from my Sister's house. I may check it out the next time I am there.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(08-10-2020, 12:00 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Looks really nice.  Been years since I took a long road trip more than an hour away. My old stiff joints just can't sit for long at a time.
I miss the days we used to go to Blue Ridge Mountains. If you ever get the chance, I suggest you put that on your "to go to" list next.

Loved that road trip when I was a kid. We always went to the Luray Caverns while making that trip. It is still a very pleasant childhood memory that has stuck with me.

Thanks for reminding me.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Nice @"kdog" 

Reminds me of a spot called "Buzzard's Rock" in Ohio that also overlooks the Ohio River.

If you're looking for an overnight trip, go see Serpent Mount in Ohio.  Very ancient, very cool.  Should be about 5 or 6 hours from L-Ville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Mound

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(08-10-2020, 03:53 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Nice @"kdog" 

Reminds me of a spot called "Buzzard's Rock" in Ohio that also overlooks the Ohio River.

If you're looking for an overnight trip, go see Serpent Mount in Ohio.  Very ancient, very cool.  Should be about 5 or 6 hours from L-Ville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Mound

Cheers

I'm not going that far north. I think on our next trip, we are heading further south in Kentucky. Looking for places to camp, bug out, or possibly live at. 

But thanks for sharing that, I have always wanted to go there. Might just do it sometime when things get back to normal, if that ever happens. 

minusculebeercheers
(08-10-2020, 12:00 AM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: Looks really nice.  Been years since I took a long road trip more than an hour away. My old stiff joints just can't sit for long at a time.

Love my smokey mountains ! Been going there since a kid. 2 years ago, we went to Brevard , NC , just outside of Asheville , and camped on the Davidson River. Love that area. They have white squirrels there. 

minusculebeercheers
(08-11-2020, 12:11 AM)kdog Wrote:

Love my smokey mountains ! Been going there since a kid. 2 years ago, we went to Brevard , NC , just outside of Asheville , and camped on the Davidson River. Love that area. They have white squirrels there. 

minusculebeercheers
Looks wonderful and serene.  Cheers for posting.  Liking these posts from around the world with first hand experience and comments.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
@"Bally002"  yes this is one of many beautiful places in our country. 

I love camping, since I was introduced to it as a young child on family vacations to some awesome areas. I have been from the east coast to the west coast in my travels and everything in between. That is a lot of miles. And everywhere I have been, people have been friendly. 

Love this place....   

minusculebeercheers
(08-11-2020, 01:01 AM)kdog Wrote: @"Bally002"  yes this is one of many beautiful places in our country. 

I love camping, since I was introduced to it as a young child on family vacations to some awesome areas. I have been from the east coast to the west coast in my travels and everything in between. That is a lot of miles. And everywhere I have been, people have been friendly. 

Love this place....   

minusculebeercheers

Glad to hear mate.  Thanks for taking me there.  As I asked Gordi regarding his post and pics of the places he visits.  Do you take a fishing rod with you?  I like fishing remote or back woods areas.  Just an interest.  Mostly I return the fish.

My regards,

(08-11-2020, 01:06 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 01:01 AM)kdog Wrote: @"Bally002"  yes this is one of many beautiful places in our country. 

Love this place....   

minusculebeercheers

Glad to hear mate.  Thanks for taking me there.  As I asked Gordi regarding his post and pics of the places he visits.  Do you take a fishing rod with you?  I like fishing remote or back woods areas.  Just an interest.  Mostly I return the fish.

My regards,

We do carry fishing rods with us, but have yet to get a fishing license. We would need a non resident license in Indiana, and a residential in Kentucky.
(08-11-2020, 01:37 AM)kdog Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 01:06 AM)Bally002 Wrote:

Love this place....   

minusculebeercheers

My regards,

We do carry fishing rods with us, but have yet to get a fishing license. We would need a non resident license in Indiana, and a residential in Kentucky.

Thanks for the reply.  Because of my age I don't require a fishing licence here but I need to be wary of the local regulations.  For instance if I caught a South Eastern Cod.

[Image: Cod.jpg]

I'd lose my gear, car and possibly be subjected to a fine in the thousands.  In this respect when I fish my local waterways I have to target Bass, trout or eels but some are caught accidentally.  I haven't caught one but I do explore the haunts of my local fish.  I put Bass in my dams for a bit of sport and plating up but the floods, birds quickly took them away.

Thanks again for your posts.  I explore rivers with a small rod and reel.  

My regards,

[Image: DSC-0676.jpg]

[Image: DSC-0684.jpg]

[Image: DSC-0692.jpg]

[Image: DSC-0697.jpg]
Up at 8,700 feet on the Mogollon Rim.

[Image: DSC-0693.jpg]

[Image: DSC-0685.jpg]

[Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Shooting in the desert is GREAT Fun.

Nothing here is as nice as @"gordi" 's place.
(08-11-2020, 02:44 AM)guohua Wrote: [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Nice KILT!!!!
minusculebeercheers
Gx
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
(08-11-2020, 08:48 AM)gordi Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 02:44 AM)guohua Wrote: [Image: OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg]

Nice KILT!!!!
minusculebeercheers
Gx

Thank You!  minusculeguzzlingbeer