Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why the difference in death rates from covid 19
I was looking through the stats for cv19 and for the life of me i cant work out why the discrepancy in death rates around the world , especially amongst the 5 eyes nations . First up the world average sits at 3.76% which is a vast improvement over earlier day . 
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
I would have thought our hospital systems to be roughly on par , certainly our medium ages are sort of close going from 38-42 . Life expectancy was between 79 and 83 years old so overall no huge discrepancies . Reporting criteria maybe ? . Scratching my head here a little , any ideas .
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age
Who gets paid more money for reporting COVID deaths, the more they get paid, the more COVID deaths are reported.

My neighbors 5 houses down the street grandfather died of cancer, lung cancer, he is listed in Banner Health Hospital as a COVID Death Patient.
They are arguing with the hospital and now the county to change the listing for cause of death. By The Way, he was 97 years old.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-07-2020, 05:23 AM)guohua Wrote: Who gets paid more money for reporting COVID deaths, the more they get paid, the more COVID deaths are reported.

My neighbors 5 houses down the street grandfather died of cancer, lung cancer, he is listed in Banner Health Hospital as a COVID Death Patient.
They are arguing with the hospital and now the county to change the listing for cause of death. By The Way, he was 97 years old.

Interesting thought but as far as i know only the Us doesn't have free universal healthcare out of that lot . Australias system is modelled on the UKs and there is a large difference between the 2 . Pretty sure hospitals dont get paid extra for a covid death here .
(08-07-2020, 05:11 AM)hutch622 Wrote: I was looking through the stats for cv19 and for the life of me i cant work out why the discrepancy in death rates around the world , especially amongst the 5 eyes nations . First up the world average sits at 3.76% which is a vast improvement over earlier day . 
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
I would have thought our hospital systems to be roughly on par , certainly our medium ages are sort of close going from 38-42 . Life expectancy was between 79 and 83 years old so overall no huge discrepancies . Reporting criteria maybe ? . Scratching my head here a little , any ideas .
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

My thoughts about NZ is they shut down not long after they got their first infections.  As you know Hutch Australia did the same then opened up again and look what happened in Vic.    Now we're closing borders over here again.  Was behind convoys of caravans and RV's on the Pacific Highway on my return from Coffs Harbor yesterday on their way north I suspect before the border is closed to unessential travel.  Gotta go to Coffs again today.  Expecting the same only slower because of the rain.

Why am I saying this well I can only think that the hospitals can cope here better at saving lives because of the lower numbers and perhaps the stats reflect how they can manage to treat more people.  As you probably also know, they quarantine hospices here if there is an outbreak to me that leads to a cluster of elderly deaths.  

I'm no expert but went to the Doc yesterday for an unrelated complaint and got the welcoming treatment and placed in a corner away from others in their respective corners of the waiting room which is normally full.  Again, it may be the management and where I am I would imagine that it's worse in Sydney or Melbourne.  No reported cases as far as I know around my district.  I'll be in and out of Coffs real quick this evening.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
(08-07-2020, 05:35 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 05:11 AM)hutch622 Wrote: I was looking through the stats for cv19 and for the life of me i cant work out why the discrepancy in death rates around the world , especially amongst the 5 eyes nations . First up the world average sits at 3.76% which is a vast improvement over earlier day . 
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

My thoughts about NZ is they shut down not long after they got their first infections.  As you know Hutch Australia did the same then opened up again and look what happened in Vic.    Now we're closing borders over here again.  Was behind convoys of caravans and RV's on the Pacific Highway on my return from Coffs Harbor yesterday on their way north I suspect before the border is closed to unessential travel.  Gotta go to Coffs again today.  Expecting the same only slower because of the rain.

Why am I saying this well I can only think that the hospitals can cope here better at saving lives because of the lower numbers and perhaps the stats reflect how they can manage to treat more people.  As you probably also know, they quarantine hospices here if there is an outbreak to me that leads to a cluster of elderly deaths.  

I'm no expert but went to the Doc yesterday for an unrelated complaint and got the welcoming treatment and placed in a corner away from others in their respective corners of the waiting room which is normally full.  Again, it may be the management and where I am I would imagine that it's worse in Sydney or Melbourne.  No reported cases as far as I know around my district.  I'll be in and out of Coffs real quick this evening.

Kind regards,

You could be onto something there perhaps . Off track a little  but a joke for you . 
What does coronavirus and the spice girls have in common  A . Everyone tries real hard except Victoria who screws it up for everyone .
See myself out now
(08-07-2020, 05:31 AM)hutch622 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 05:23 AM)guohua Wrote: Who gets paid more money for reporting COVID deaths, the more they get paid, the more COVID deaths are reported.

Interesting thought but as far as i know only the Us doesn't have free universal healthcare out of that lot . Australias system is modelled on the UKs and there is a large difference between the 2 . Pretty sure hospitals dont get paid extra for a covid death here .

As I understand it, you have paid some very High Taxes for healthcare.
Here 3/4 of our is paid by US Gov. Due to my husband retiring for the U S Gov. For full familage coverage with no deductible we have $285. a month come out of my husbands retirement. Then we have Medicare "D"  which is free and that covers Hospitalization.

How long does it take you to be seen? I'm seen for an appointment the 2nd or 3rd day if not the same day I call.
Being well over the 65 age limit we pay nothing for hospitalization with medicare.

Anyone in America can been seen in an Emergency room and be treated or admitted.
It the emergency room is a Private Hospital you will be moved by ambulance to a County Hospital and you will stay in the hospital until they feel you can leave.
In many instances the county will pick up 80% to 100% depending on the age of the patient.
If you're healthy enough to work or you have a job, you can pay as little as $5. a month to pay the bill and if you are an illegal you never have to pay.

There are a lot of Bull Shit Stories out there about America's Healthcare.
It is far better than China's. Yes, they have your so called Free and health insurance. PUT, the Doctor will not touch you without you paying him or her in CASH the price they quote.

I LOVE America's Healthcare, It was EVEN Better Before That FOOL Obama Destroy it.

Talk to people like @"Mystic Wanderer" and others here.
(08-07-2020, 05:43 AM)hutch622 Wrote:
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

Kind regards,

You could be onto something there perhaps . Off track a little  but a joke for you . 
What does coronavirus and the spice girls have in common  A . Everyone tries real hard except Victoria who screws it up for everyone .
See myself out now

Another off topic post for you.  Noosa Saints AFL premiers.  Premiership to be played in Perth.  Thanks quarantine.

(08-07-2020, 05:49 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 05:43 AM)hutch622 Wrote:
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

Kind regards,

See myself out now

Another off topic post for you.  Noosa Saints AFL premiers.  Premiership to be played in Perth.  Thanks quarantine.

Well it wont be the crows thats for sure .
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

Hi @Hutch622,

My own opinion is that there is no real consensus over how to gather covid-19/coronavirus/SARS-2 etc death related data.
So, each country has it's own system, and as @guohua mentioned, in one or two (like USA) the figures are skewed because of the way their healthcare system works. (But not many!)

I believe that early intervention and control measures have reaped rewards for those countries with strong leadership. (Like NZ)
Those countries that recognised the danger, and implemented measures to counteract the spread of the virus early seem to have fared much better than those countries that hesitated and dithered.

Boris Johnston (UK) and his advisors are a prime example of what NOT to do.
They bumbled, flim-flammed, hesitated and contradicted themselves throughout the early days of the virus (and beyond).
They broke their own rules on several occasions leading to complete and utter confusion and loss of credibility in the eyes of the public. (On TV shaking hands after advising the public NOT to shake hands,  advisor (Dominic Cummings) driving hundreds of miles to a holiday cottage after telling public that they couldn't travel... etc)
They left UK airports wide-open to visitors (even from the hardest hit areas of the world) with no virus testing measures in place, even after official "lock-down" had started in the UK.
They fucked up the procurement and provision of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our front line healthcare staff and care workers, even ignoring UK suppliers of PPE who notified them many many times that we had MILLIONS of suitable masks, gloves etc in stock in the UK, whilst they were trying to source cheaper, inferior and ultimately unsuitable stocks from Turkey and elsewhere. The UK suppliers eventually selling their surplus stocks into the EU (and beyond).
They gave contracts for provision of ventilators etc to their own "Business Associates" leading to unnecessary delays and (again) unsuitable equipment being bought...
They allowed (nay INSISTED) that hospital beds were freed up by moving elderly patients out into care homes WITHOUT PROPER TESTING or protective measures in place. This spread the virus quickly into the most vulnerable sector of the UK population (approx 50% of covid related deaths are in the over 75's).
In short - if it was possible to fuck it up, they did.

Compare that with NZ (or other countries) who closed their airports and went into lock down quickly, early and efficiently and it's no surprise that they fared much better, both with infection rates and death rates.

btw - If anyone wants to look at the TRUE impact of this virus on the death rates, do NOT trust the "official" Covid figures!
Look instead at the "excess death" figures.
These are the ACTUAL numbers of deaths which have occurred, over and above the "normal" expected death figures for this period. (The expected death rates are calculated by averaging out the death rates for the same period over a number of previous years.)
THOSE figures will let you see EXACTLY how much worse this year has been (for deaths) when compared directly with previous years. (Other factors can affect the overall death rates, e.g. major natural disasters, war zones, other pandemics etc but for countries which are not seriously affected by these, only the "excess" deaths will give a good indication of how covid-19 has affected your region/country.)

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
Quote:btw - If anyone wants to look at the TRUE impact of this virus on the death rates, do NOT trust the "official" Covid figures!
Look instead at the "excess death" figures.
These are the ACTUAL numbers of deaths which have occurred, over and above the "normal" expected death figures for this period. (The expected death rates are calculated by averaging out the death rates for the same period over a number of previous years.)
THOSE figures will let you see EXACTLY how much worse this year has been (for deaths) when compared directly with previous years. (Other factors can affect the overall death rates, e.g. major natural disasters, war zones, other pandemics etc but for countries which are not seriously affected by these, only the "excess" deaths will give a good indication of how covid-19 has affected your region/country.)

That's about the only suggestion regarding death rates I have seen that makes sense.  Trying to base death on infections makes no sense because no one knows how many are truly infected.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

As an addendum to my previous post...
Here is a link to just one article which illustrates my point (regarding the UK's mishandling of the Covid-19 situation).

LINK to article in The Independent newspaper

twats.

G
[Image: CoolForCatzSig.png]
We've been drawn into a narrative with the use of science and wordage-trickery.

For example, if you have a virulent mutating-disease that is fairly new to the world, a fair-minded medical
person will relate its scientifically-explored rate and infection-life based on past similar strains of a disease
that act in an agreed manner.

Flu mutates, it tends to use the discharge from animal's respiratory system in order to travel and due to
its nature of 'binding' with a cell of its host, can alter its effects during a spread of infection.

This 'imagined' medical person will continue with an explanation of how an outbreak will happen.
Where the trickery comes into play is when the gate-keeping media, panic-sympathising activists, news
-generating influencers and politicians step in.

Cures and prevention can make the medical person's outline of an infection-spread redundant and technically,
it would make his/her statement incorrect. It's true, it would. But he/she wouldn't be wrong. The infection -not
treated, would behave in the way described and that's where the group-above's dishonesty comes into play.

Covid-19 is a title that's been created for the masses to fear. It's flu... usually a Page-Four column in a newspaper
that vaguely mentions it's that time of year again. Flu can cause serious damage to anyone with aliments connected
to respiratory problems and of course, the elderly and unfit make prime candidates.

We're being fooled, ladies and gentlemen... the accepted conduit of information is dying due to technology and the
young not watching and reading the traditional routes of news. The political systems around the world are no longer
trusted and the same world is awash with fiat money.
That's why this current situation is a reset.

But the effects on the masses won't have the same effects as a real recession -an ideal situation for Governmental
over-reach and a grand environment to push oppressive laws through, there's always some collateral damage when
such an event occurs.
Lives and jobs will be lost, the public will become frightened and look to their leaders for leadership and the way that
the message gets out...? the mainstream media, of course.

But only if the message is conducive to promote that medium and assists in continuing its success.

A cure or a effective treatment spoken of at the wrong time cannot be allowed to stop the resetting towards past values.
However the 'hope' of a cure is a great way to control the public as former-President Obama utilised within his speeches.

Hope costs nothing and can be imagined into anything. The world will be better, the flowers will grow and unicorns will
delight the young. Ignore getting up at 4.00.am in the morning to work a ten hour shift at the steel-mill and instead, bathe
in the Eloi sunlight and talk about rainbows.

That's why the trendy word 'imagine' is used so often, you do the imagining, you mentally design the background of what
someone has told you to fit into your paradigm. Reality drops away. This current social-project has connections to exploiting
needs of particular commodities, divisive rhetoric via ethnicity, a much-yearned for global 'green-deal' and the need to grab
your cash from you.

A suitcase of money under your bed is only accessible to you, but in a bank... it becomes theirs and the physical nature of
the currency means nothing to those who utilise your wealth. I know this sounds laughable, but look into the concept of
worth and how it is represented in our world.

It's flu and we're buying into a cruel narrative from people who don't give a shit about whether your loved-ones live or die.
It's a reset by using something that visits us every year.
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
now for 5 eye nations .
Australia = 1.28%
Canada = 7.57%
New Zealand = 1.4%
United Kingdom = 15.04%
United States = 3.27% 
Thoughts RN3 .
source for cv
Life expectancy
Medium age

There is no accurate death rate because in order to determine death rate, you have to know the known number of people who have had Covid.

Many scientists speculate that the death rate is much lower because initial studies indicate that as many as 10X to 20X people have been infected with no symptoms.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
If you look at the number of cases and deaths in Canada, you will find that Quebec has the highest of both.

People here are confused about this whole shenanigan...

Don't travel, stay home. Trudeau and the opposition Leader both went to their cottages while the citizens were secluded.

Don't wear a mask, it's bad for you. Now wear it, to be safe - which is a LIE, as it only prevents you from giving anything (and even with those cheap throwaway masks we buy, that's highly debatable) - it won't prevent you from catching anything.

I've heard so many stories of people that have lost a loved one to all kinds of diseases but were labeled COVID-19 as a death occurrence.

The numbers here don't make sense, they just don't.

But it creates fear in people and fear is what is warranted here. With fear comes control.

We are at the early stages of dictatorship, fully accepted by the masses. The government is our Hero. Our Health officials are our heroes.

Sure.

Question: Since when does the government want what's best for you?

[Image: 7crQCbZ.gif]

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Okay, why do they report so many COVID 19 deaths per state?
Quote:Below is a breakdown of how much funding per COVID-19 case each state will receive from the first $30 billion in aid. Kaiser Health News used a state breakdown provided to the House Ways and Means Committee by HHS along with COVID-19 cases tabulated by The New York Times for its analysis.

Quote:Alabama
$158,000  per COVID-19 case 
Alaska
$306,000 
Arizona
$23,000
Arkansas
$285,000
California
$145,000 
Colorado
$58,000 
Connecticut
$38,000
Delaware
$127,000
District of Columbia
$56,000
Florida
$132,000
Georgia
$73,000
Hawaii
$301,000
Idaho
$100,000 
Illinois
$73,000
Indiana
$105,000
Iowa
$235,000
Kansas
$291,000
Kentucky
$297,000
Louisiana
$26,000
Maine
$260,000
Maryland
$120,000
Massachusetts
$44,000
Michigan
$44,000
Minnesota
$380,000
Mississippi
$166,000
Missouri
$175,000
Montana
$315,000
Nebraska
$379,000
Nevada
$98,000
New Hampshire
$201,000
New Jersey
$18,000
New Mexico
$171,000
New York
$12,000
North Carolina
$252,000
North Dakota
$339,000
Ohio
$180,000
Oklahoma
$291,000
Oregon
$220,000
Pennsylvania
$68,000
Rhode Island
$52,000
South Carolina
$186,000
South Dakota
$241,000
Tennessee
$166,000
Texas
$184,000
Utah
$94,000
Vermont
$87,000
Virginia
$201,000
Washington
$58,000
West Virginia
$471,000
Wisconsin
$163,000
Wyoming
$278,000
State by State breakdown of Federal Funding

Who doesn't think it is about the money?
Like my neighbors Grandfather, Lung Cancer and Died of COVID! Bull-Shit!
It has been a while since I looked but there were 59 deaths and around 3000 infected in Thailand with most recovered. The government went into full ban of international flights and tourist in January which helped, no doubt .  Of the 59 deaths a large percentage had attended a huge indoor boxing match where the infection supposedly occurred.

Everyone who is admitted into country goes into a 14 day quarantine which really hurts the tourist industry; legally go to Laos, or Cambodia and expect 14 days there and 14 days when you come back. .. The only cases we have had reported are already in quarantine or just returned from overseas (soldiers, Politicians, or business people)... Not to bad for a country with 68 million people.
You know what bugs me, some people have insurance policies that pay more if a person dies of Cancer.....it does not pay more if they died of cancer but it was classified as a covid death.  My mother had a policy like that....we got double for the cancer death and even though it was a small policy, a grand extra helped out with the expenses of the funeral.
Based on our up coming elections in November. 

If you want to see some numbers you can play around with, like cases adjusted per capita , go here.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(08-07-2020, 02:22 PM)Sol Wrote: With fear comes control.

We are at the early stages of dictatorship, fully accepted by the masses. 

Question: Since when does the government want what's best for you?

[Image: 7crQCbZ.gif]

:mediumangry: Worth repeating.
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(08-08-2020, 05:15 AM)kdog Wrote: Based on our up coming elections in November. 

If you want to see some numbers you can play around with, like cases adjusted per capita , go here.

https://91-divoc.com/pages/covid-visualization/

YUP!