Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Get to know your crazy Rouges
Thanks MisterSpock for creating this thread. When I was 10 years old, I was doing quite a bit of reading already. My Mom of all people got me turned on to the first out there thing - The Bermuda Triangle. A man named I think Charles Berlitz wrote a book on that, and I read it in about two days, after my Mom got done reading it. I was hooked. I looked in the library for other books on the Bermuda Triangle, and found even more books on things like Bigfoot, UFO’s, paranormal stuff like the Amityville Horror, etc. I watched movies too because I was endlessly curious. 

Like NightSkyeB4Dawn, I was always questioning things. I never took anything at face value. While my parents and school encouraged me in this, once I graduated high school and joined the Navy, it was a very different story. I was a Cryptologic Technician. I held a top secret security clearance. The military did not take my questioning everything as a good thing. I was supposed to be a good little girl and follow orders. Nope, that didn’t work out very well. I did eight years active duty, but I’m surprised I lasted that long. I had become very cynical in that time period. I did see a UFO when I was stationed in Norfolk VA, but didn’t dare talk about it, because I was afraid of losing my security clearance. 

I met my husband in the Navy. Turned out he liked some of the conspiracy stuff too. He would even buy me books on things, and I would read them. We’d spend long hours talking about UFO’s, how we thought the government was totally covering everything up, etc. He didn’t think I was insubordinate or crazy because I liked to question things. He got me. I loved the X Files. I would watch every single episode and then talk about it. I found magazines on UFO’s, and read quite a few of those. I wanted to keep learning more 

In 2012, I found ATS and joined. It was like the mother lode to me. I was practically breathless with all the stuff I saw. I could and did spend hours reading. Being shy and introverted, it was a long time before I started a thread of my own. It was kinda intimidating, because people were not shy about telling you if they thought you were full of shit. It was fun for awhile, until it wasn’t. It seems all people do on there now is argue about politics. I like most conspiracy theories, but political ones don’t do it for me. 

I’m really glad I found this place. Yeah, there’s some politics, but there’s a lot of other really cool stuff, and people are much nicer on here than they are on ATS. It seems more open. To me, if you’re gonna be a conspiracy theorist, you should try and keep an open mind.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
@"ChiefD" 

Can't believe I forgot about the Triangle, one of the other things that hooked me when I was young. What an awesome mystery. 

I never missed an x-files episode either, it debuted right around the same time I started reading about stuff like that in my early teens.
As a kid that grew up pretty isolated and spent a lot of time alone, I gravitated toward reading tales of the strange and Arthur C. Clarke and Issac Asimov et al. and developed an active imagination. The 10:00 AM Saturday morning "B" sci-fi movie was one of my standard go-to's with a lot of Godzilla and such and sometimes I still watch this old black & white sci-fi on YouTube so I've always had an interest in weird stuff, science and UFOs and the like. My parents were Star Trek fans when it came out and my mom thought Kirk was dashing and sexy. When Dr. Who came out on PBS, I watched every episode.

When I became more active on the internet, I started reading The Anomalist, Alter-net and about scalar electomagnetics like HAARP and thought it was all pretty fascinating and interesting but soon realized that fringe topics attract fringe thinkers and that a certain percentage of these folks were a few cards short of a full deck.

When the whole CARET drone thing took off, I started following the story which led me to ATS where i first joined ATS in 2007. I thought the investigation into the whole hoax was fascinating and I followed all 400+ pages of the thread about it.

I can't really say I believe in most conspiracy theories but they're entertaining to read and they do provide input on thinking critically outside the box and beyond perspectives found in the MSM. I find the kind of people that do believe and are fully vested in their conspiracies to be interesting from a psychological perspective. Most are a little weird but so am I!  tinybiggrin
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
I suppose I've had a lot of paranormal experiences. Many of them shared. But I just want to discuss.

Yes, I'm from ATS, but I don't desire to bring that here. Weird stuff happens. I hope this site doesn't turn political, and it seems it won't so far.
(08-02-2020, 05:59 AM)Nomnomine Wrote: I suppose I've had a lot of paranormal experiences. Many of them shared. But I just want to discuss.

Yes, I'm from ATS, but I don't desire to bring that here. Weird stuff happens. I hope this site doesn't turn political, and it seems it won't so far.

There are political areas at this site, you can ignore those threads and if you look around you'll find Very, Very, Very interesting threads and post back to 2016.
We have a Whole Lot of areas to look thru.
Have you tried: Controversy and Debate area 
The Conspiracy Corner
Technology and Advancements
Spirits and the Spiritual

As just a few areas with LOTS of Threads
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(08-02-2020, 12:50 AM)727Sky Wrote: When I joined ATS I joined because of some of the threads about 2a and disinfo about guns which had pissed me off.

I would not classify myself as a CT but more of a doubter of what is being said about a multitude of topics. If that is CT then so be it.

Yeah.  I think part of "the issue" is that so many complex topics are dumbed down to the point of losing all nuance.  It is as if the government studied Madison Avenue's way of presenting a sound bite designed to make us think a given way or want a particular product.

The UFO phenomenon is a classic example of that.  There is so much to look at there and consider, but for decades the "authorities" got away with declaring the witnesses to be crazy, mistaken, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.  Never mind that they conducted counter intelligence operations against UFO enthusiast groups or found the topic of UFOs a useful cover for our advanced technology aviation projects.  Yes . . . it may have been useful cover, but along the way, they seriously disenchanted a lot of people and probably "birthed" more than a few conspiracy theorists.  Was the cost worth it?

I've known guys like you who were commercial airline pilots.  They aren't mental or psychological lightweights.  I know they are keen observers because, in the air, one has to be.  Constant scanning of the skies around the craft as well as monitoring of instrumentation.  All that, and how many of them have been smeared by baseless accusations?

Keep questioning the official narrative.  It more than deserves it.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

Cool thread! minusculebeercheers 

I was around ten years old, and i used to watch "Twilight zone" Sometimes. I thought all of that is awesome stuff. Except if i watched it at my grandparents summer cottage and they were already sleeping, and i had to go outside to turn off the generator after watching TV.

Later it was X-files, i loved it.

But those are TV shows, i knew the difference between reality and fiction (These days i always don't but then i did). Then... i woke up in a hangover on September 11, 2001. Went to a nearby bar (i used to go to bars and night clubs when i was younger, but not anymore) I had a couple of beers, i think a Bloody Mary too and some shots. Friend texts me (brother of my girlfriend back then) and asks me if i want to come over, have a few beers, maybe watch a movie or BBQ or something) I replied "Sure, give me a moment to finish my beer and another minute to walk there"

He opens the door, a little bit pale faced, and said "I think that world war three has just started" And he is NOT the type of person to fool around with these kind of things. I look at him like tinybigeyes and he says "come to the living room, check the TV. Now." So i see other of the twin towers had been hit by a plane. "Look dude, this has to be an accident" i said, opened a beer, took a sip and saw live TV how the other tower got hit also... So there we sat, in the living room, both totally silent, two young dudes who were about to spend some nice time. Goodbye with the "nice" then...

Something did not add up there, and still doesn't. The whole 9/11 thing... I go by emotion, not by rationality, so i don't make any claims, i do not investigate, i leave that to the ones who use their brains also, not only their heart. But i googled a lot of course, found my way to abovetopsecret and there is no return to being "normal" ever again.

Thanks for letting me share, have a pleasant day everyone.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(08-02-2020, 09:19 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: Cool thread! minusculebeercheers 

I was around ten years old, and i used to watch "Twilight zone" Sometimes. I thought all of that is awesome stuff. Except if i watched it at my grandparents summer cottage and they were already sleeping, and i had to go outside to turn off the generator after watching TV.

Later it was X-files, i loved it.

But those are TV shows, i knew the difference between reality and fiction (These days i always don't but then i did). Then... i woke up in a hangover on September 11, 2001. Went to a nearby bar (i used to go to bars and night clubs when i was younger, but not anymore) I had a couple of beers, i think a Bloody Mary too and some shots. Friend texts me (brother of my girlfriend back then) and asks me if i want to come over, have a few beers, maybe watch a movie or BBQ or something) I replied "Sure, give me a moment to finish my beer and another minute to walk there"

He opens the door, a little bit pale faced, and said "I think that world war three has just started" And he is NOT the type of person to fool around with these kind of things. I look at him like tinybigeyes and he says "come to the living room, check the TV. Now." So i see other of the twin towers had been hit by a plane. "Look dude, this has to be an accident" i said, opened a beer, took a sip and saw live TV how the other tower got hit also... So there we sat, in the living room, both totally silent, two young dudes who were about to spend some nice time. Goodbye with the "nice" then...

Something did not add up there, and still doesn't. The whole 9/11 thing... I go by emotion, not by rationality, so i don't make any claims, i do not investigate, i leave that to the ones who use their brains also, not only their heart. But i googled a lot of course, found my way to abovetopsecret and there is no return to being "normal" ever again.

Thanks for letting me share, have a pleasant day everyone.

I was researching our debris field, most recognized as our Milky Way galaxy. I tripped up on ATS and fell into the discussions about Nibiru and the coming of 2012.  I lurked there for quite a while before I got up the courage to post anything. Then 9/11 changed everything. 

I agree with you. If ever there was a time they should have talked about a new normal, that should have been it. But in truth, nothing has been normal since. 

The new normal they are trying to condition us for is impossible. Since nothing has been normal on this planet for a long time, and people will reject a normal forced on them.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

As a child I would question everything. I grew up in a very small town I didn’t have many friends and was somewhat of a loner. My dad, I think looking back was quite the CT himself, would tell me stories about things he had seen and heard as a boy hunting in the woods of Southern Oklahoma. He had a UFO sighting and heard something in the woods that could have been Bigfoot. I’ve never seen or heard anything but I was always interested because it could exist.

Then my mom found some kind of unexplained mysteries book and brought it home. I was hooked. I wanted to read everything I could find on the subject. All the other kids were reading age appropriate books and there I was devouring everything I could on ghosts, ancient civilizations, Bermuda Triangle you name it. 

Throughout my life the curiosity never has subsided. One day, several years ago, I was reading some story online and there was a link to ATS where everyone was discussing FEMA coffins. I started looking at all the different threads and almost couldn’t believe there were people that were interested in the same things I was. Afterward, I’d spend a lot of my free time there.

Now I’m here, still learning new things to be curious about.
(08-01-2020, 08:12 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: So for me, it was in elementary school. 

I don't remember the exact age/grade. But I came across some books on the loch ness monster. Read a few and was hooked. I dove into that subject and read anything I could.

I focused mainly on the loch ness mystery, but within a while branched out into crypto in general(because most books on loch ness catered to the whole). That was what drug me in, it was such a mystery and the possibilities were amazing. I always found that subject, specifically cryptozoolgy, fascinating. As time went on I read about other stuff, UFO's and other CT. But crytopzoolgy always was my main draw. 

These days I still favor that, but I've also taken a liking to reading about alternative archeology/history. It's extremely fascinating and still makes me feel like there is so much knowledge to be gained and so much possibility.

Sorry if this is a ramble, but I threw this together now because I look forward to seeing the reply's from other members. This isn't about the "merit" of anything, just what you grabbed onto in the early years, and led you down the path of mystery.

Told you  at another place Mr Spock i am living your dream with all the whisky distilleries around me and not far from Loch Ness , i worked there and at Boleskin house the former home of Aleister Crowley , i have shown a few female tourists Nessies cousin Hamish the kilt monster tinybiggrin I never used to bother with conspiracy theories and 1 time i scared away a ghost from a house that nobody would live in for decades till i moved in and told it to FXXX off

But MY favorite one is simple mathematics from the day of 9-11    ,,, world time !  11 minus 5  is 6 but not on the day of September the 11th http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread970095/pg1

Notice the replies on page 2 and 3 from Uk members ,  i got real good at this C/T stuff
When you control the healthy its called tyranny.
Organized conspiracy by people in power is a matter of history not of theory

It is more fitting for a man to laugh at life than to lament over it. seneca.

On adventia with Dementia

“Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.” Marcus Aurelius
As a young girl about 10-13 I was always drawn to secret knowledge, Atlantis, Devil's Triangle, Bigfoot, (UFO's, of course my favorite.) And abductees, they tell the behavior of the aliens taking people. It's not a pretty picture from that side.  MY OPINION.

Then I found "Chariots of the God's" Erich Von Daniken by the age of 18 and I was nodding my head 'yep' through most of it.  Could not put the book down.  I thought, this man gets it.  I have found gold.

My Grandmother was into ancient Peru and Quetzecoatl. If she had lived in a different time she could have found conspiracy sites and other research and been amazed.

minusculespooked
Now, I'm also liking Dogman.  That's some scary stuff to me. And the Missing 411 anything unsolved I want to know how it happened and why? I'm curious.
(08-07-2020, 12:03 AM)Stoner William Wrote:
(08-01-2020, 08:12 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: So for me, it was in elementary school. 

I don't remember the exact age/grade. But I came across some books on the loch ness monster. Read a few and was hooked. I dove into that subject and read anything I could.

I focused mainly on the loch ness mystery, but within a while branched out into crypto in general(because most books on loch ness catered to the whole). That was what drug me in, it was such a mystery and the possibilities were amazing. I always found that subject, specifically cryptozoolgy, fascinating. As time went on I read about other stuff, UFO's and other CT. But crytopzoolgy always was my main draw. 

These days I still favor that, but I've also taken a liking to reading about alternative archeology/history. It's extremely fascinating and still makes me feel like there is so much knowledge to be gained and so much possibility.

Sorry if this is a ramble, but I threw this together now because I look forward to seeing the reply's from other members. This isn't about the "merit" of anything, just what you grabbed onto in the early years, and led you down the path of mystery.

Told you  at another place Mr Spock i am living your dream with all the whisky distilleries around me and not far from Loch Ness , i worked there and at Boleskin house the former home of Aleister Crowley , i have shown a few female tourists Nessies cousin Hamish the kilt monster tinybiggrin I never used to bother with conspiracy theories and 1 time i scared away a ghost from a house that nobody would live in for decades till i moved in and told it to FXXX off

But MY favorite one is simple mathematics from the day of 9-11    ,,, world time !  11 minus 5  is 6 but not on the day of September the 11th http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread970095/pg1

Notice the replies on page 2 and 3 from Uk members ,  i got real good at this C/T stuff

Oops!  Replied to the wrong post.