Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AC/DC Back in Black 40th Anniversary
I remember as a teen getting this album, on cassette tape. Just gotten my first car and jammed to it all the time...

Here is a virtual celebration of that album. It's long, like an hour and a half. I'll be busy for awhile......

The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
Can't say AC/DC was one of my favorites, but I always like their beat. Once I started listening to the lyrics of their music, I found it more dark than I cared for.

I'm on the highway to hell.  Really?  Is that suppose to send a "cool" message to the teenagers or something?
So, it wasn't quite what I expected , but it was still very cool, more a person with a musical background. Loved the parts the guitar work of Angus. 

Had to put the album on and crank it up ! 

I love my devil music !   

minusculebeercheers
(07-24-2020, 11:54 PM)kdog Wrote: I remember as a teen getting this album, on cassette tape. Just gotten my first car and jammed to it all the time...

Here is a virtual celebration of that album. It's long, like an hour and a half. I'll be busy for awhile......

loved me some early AC/DC, pre johnson. they couldn't have done any better with any other singer when they picked him. close enough to scott but not a exact copy.  liked the first three albums with him, and then it was not the same band until Razor Edge. more like the early johnson days. after that really didn't care much their new music.

some of my favorite AC/DC tunes,

i listened to this one so much and so loud in the barracks while in the Corps the XO started calling me the name of the tune and would offer to take bets that my mother did hate me.

oh to be young and dumb again full of piss and vinegar
(07-25-2020, 02:21 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(07-24-2020, 11:54 PM)kdog Wrote: I remember as a teen getting this album, on cassette tape. Just gotten my first car and jammed to it all the time...

loved me some early AC/DC, pre johnson. they couldn't have done any better with any other singer when they picked him. close enough to scott but not a exact copy.  liked the first three albums with him, and then it was not the same band until Razor Edge. more like the early johnson days. after that really didn't care much their new music.

some  of my favorite AC/DC tunes,

i listened to this one so much and so loud in the barracks while in the Corps the XO started calling me the name of the tune and would offer to take bets that my mother did hate me.

oh to be young and dumb again full of piss and vinegar

Those were the good old days. I was in high school getting ready to graduate and go out into the world. Graduated in 1982 . Damn I'm getting old, but it doesn't feel like it.
(07-25-2020, 02:38 AM)kdog Wrote: Those were the good old days. I was in high school getting ready to graduate and go out into the world. Graduated in 1982 . Damn I'm getting old, but it doesn't feel like it.

two years ahead of ya, and i still find myself from time to time acting like i'm 20 something.
never can recapture the years from 15 to 20. those times were something special.

i still sometimes get carded when i've just gotten a haircut and a clean shave, makes me laugh.
was standing in line to buy beer one night and they ask for my brith date, i told them and the woman behind me said your lying, had to pull out my license to show her and the cashier. they couldn't believe how old i was.
Quote:i still sometimes get carded when i've just gotten a haircut and a clean shave, makes me laugh.

was standing in line to buy beer one night and they ask for my brith date, i told them and the woman behind me said your lying, had to pull out my license to show her and the cashier. they couldn't believe how old i was.

I figure they are keeping track of my beer purchases for some nefarious reason when I get carded.