Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I ran over our dog. Part III. The Surgeon.
(07-25-2020, 12:35 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I know you, Girlie, pack and family will be fine.

Just had to pat your face a little bit so you wouldn't notice the tears behind my eyes.   minusculebiggrin  tinyinlove

Awww, thanks, all is well.

Bally:)
(07-25-2020, 12:18 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Perhaps save it for our happy reunion with her.

Brother Bally ... any updates?
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(07-27-2020, 01:39 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(07-25-2020, 12:18 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Perhaps save it for our happy reunion with her.

Yes, will update with a new thread tomorrow (Tuesday) evening our time.  Leaving early in the morning to pick girlie up from Coffs Harbor and return her to our local vet.  All options given a chance and her leg will come off later this week.

We're all a bit gutted.

I will post another thread.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally
(07-27-2020, 01:57 PM)Bally002 Wrote:

Yes, will update with a new thread tomorrow (Tuesday) evening our time.  Leaving early in the morning to pick girlie up from Coffs Harbor and return her to our local vet.  All options given a chance and her leg will come off later this week.

We're all a bit gutted.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally

I know this is hard for you, we are here for you if you need us.

I pray Girlie will recover without complication and will with time be just fine.

Sending love, blessings, and prayers your way.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

We're all a bit gutted.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally

As I've already said in this thread, it sounds worse than it is.  I had to go through everything you are with one of my former kittens. He ended up having to have one of his back legs removed, but he still got around just fine. Your dog will do the same after learning how to balance herself appropriately, and in her latter years she won't be suffering with arthritis from the pinned-together leg.

I think you made the right choice.
(07-27-2020, 03:08 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

We're all a bit gutted.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally

As I've already said in this thread, it sounds worse than it is.  I had to go through everything you are with one of my former kittens. He ended up having to have one of his back legs removed, but he still got around just fine. Your dog will do the same after learning how to balance herself appropriately, and in her latter years she won't be suffering with arthritis from the pinned-together leg.

I think you made the right choice.
Thanks MW.  Not really our choice but the injuries surpass any need for her to undergo continuing surgeries that the surgeons cannot safely say the leg will not be amputated later down the track.  Off on the road soon to pick her up for the transfer.  I requested extra pain killers for her.

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-27-2020, 02:59 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

We're all a bit gutted.

Thanks for your concern,

Bally

I know this is hard for you, we are here for you if you need us.

I pray Girlie will recover without complication and will with time be just fine.

Sending love, blessings, and prayers your way.

Those words are much appreciated.

Will post again after her next surgery.

My regards for your concern,

Bally
@Bally002

Let the guilt go. Let it go NOW!

It was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. We don't want you to have 2 broken family members, girlie with her leg and you with your mind. You are a good man, worthy of admiration, everyone here knows that. Now, you need to know that also.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(07-27-2020, 10:30 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: @Bally002

It was a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes. We don't want you to have 2 broken family members, girlie with her leg and you with your mind. You are a good man, worthy of admiration, everyone here knows that. Now, you need to know that also.

I agree with @"Finspiracy"  and others here that posted a reply.

What is done is done, time to think only of Girlie Healing and getting on with life in such a Loving Family.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
What Finspiracy said! 

Prayers and hugs for you Bally, and for Girlie and your family. She will be just fine. We are all here for you.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Hello Fin,  your kind and thoughtful words are most appreciated.  But I must let you on a little secret.  Being a leader in front
line in my professions either as in the military or as an LEO in some of the worst places for probably more years than you have life in you.  I have to manage guilt.

If I didn't feel guilty I would be considered as heartless.  But like my previous professions I put the brave face on and get the job done.  I make decisions based of the best advice.  Then I still stand up and lead.  The old saying 'Stand tall while those around you fall' resonates with me.  As evidenced in the wild fires here which was mentioned on ATS several time in threads.  I'm sorry that by self I only saved 2 houses while in excess of 85 burned and exploded around me.  Everyone else did a runner.  That said, I don't blow my own trumpet.  I got on with the job and this is further evidenced in many social media sites.  Moving on.  I lost a lot but saved not only my house but the animals and family using quick decisions.  The guilt from this comes with criticism from authorities.  It hangs there.  This is only an example.

With regards to 'girlie'.  I ran over her.  Of course I feel guilty but that does not stop me from formulating a plan, looking serious at the blubbering family and saying. "This is what we are going to do."  

I tear up in my own time, not at other times when there is a job to be done.  It affects me and I leave the guilt aside until I can get to my own place and be with my thoughts and, I dissect and debrief myself as to how I could do things better.  In 'girlies' case nothing softens me when I have to make her repair.

The internal guilt helps me and doesn't remove any action I may take.  So, I don't fall to pieces, I move on but the guilt I hold makes me aware not to make that same mistake again.  I've said it before, "Adapt, Adjust and Overcome'.  Someone has to do it. Clearly and concisely without 'obvious' emotion.

Lastly, I poured my feeling that I hold here on this site to you lot only.  Not to anyone else

Now I find this site called RN where I may personally put forward my emotions.  I'll put it out there now.  I am no sook or snowflake.

Can I post my private feelings of 'guilt', which doesn't detract from the job I have to do.  I'll have that 'guilt' still when I see 'girlie' hopping around but I'll still support her in my own way.

Kind regards,

(07-27-2020, 10:57 PM)guohua Wrote:

I agree with @"Finspiracy"  and others here that posted a reply.

What is done is done, time to think only of Girlie Healing and getting on with life in such a Loving Family.
Please read and digest what I replied to Fin with.  I haven't let guilt obstruct me from doing what requires to be done.  I use that to remain solid.  It is a reminder to me.  The only other people who know how I feel internally are those on this site.  

It doesn't deter me.

Thanks for your consideration.  I'll be a bit more mindful of posting my personal feelings.

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-27-2020, 11:07 PM)ChiefD Wrote: What Finspiracy said! 

Prayers and hugs for you Bally, and for Girlie and your family. She will be just fine. We are all here for you.

Good on you Chief.  She is being readied for a serious amputation as I reply.  She was at least a little brighter when my son and I picked her up this morning.

I couldn't help it but when we delivered her to our local vet I was carefully patting that injured leg.

Kind regards,

Bally
@"Bally002" 

I am Sorry to hear about her getting ready for an amputation.
So Sorry, but all I can say is, she lives and Girlie has a Loving Family to return to.
I wish Girlie and your Family The Best.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(07-28-2020, 05:23 AM)guohua Wrote: @"Bally002" 

I am Sorry to hear about her getting ready for an amputation.
So Sorry, but all I can say is, she lives and Girlie has a Loving Family to return to.
I wish Girlie and your Family The Best.

All's good, done all I could.

Kind regards,

Bally
@Bally002

Side note:

My sincere thanks for the LEO thing... I wish that our civilization would have no need for police, security guards, prisons... but i am a naive dreamer. We need them, so thank you for keeping your community safer.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(07-28-2020, 06:25 AM)Finspiracy Wrote: @Bally002

Side note:

My sincere thanks for the LEO thing... I wish that our civilization would have no need for police, security guards, prisons... but i am a naive dreamer. We need them, so thank you for keeping your community safer.

Thanks.

One of my last patrols in Central Australia.

[Image: Kintore-Patrol.jpg]

Bally
You and Girlie are in my thoughts, @Bally.

Cheers Mate
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-28-2020, 08:11 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: You and Girlie are in my thoughts, @Bally.

Cheers Mate

Cheers back at you 5th.

Kind regards,

Bally
(07-28-2020, 04:43 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Can I post my private feelings of 'guilt', which doesn't detract from the job I have to do.  I'll have that 'guilt' still when I see 'girlie' hopping around but I'll still support her in my own way.

Kind regards,

I like to think that RN is a place where we can cleanse our spirit and feel secure in our nakedness. 

We care about you. We will listen, we will provide you a shoulder, we will pat your face, we will laugh with you, we will cry with you, we will chastise you, we accept you, we will love you, because you are family.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers