Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
For all my smart friends
The new seniors exam... 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
  •  

Sending this to the brightest of my SENIOR friends. 

This test will keep that dreaded disease that effects your memory at bay! 

New Senior's Exam, you only need 4 correct out of 10 questions to pass. 

1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last? 

2) Which country makes Panama hats? 

3) From which animal do we get cat gut? 

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? 

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of? 

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal? 

7) What was King George VI's first name? 

8) What color is a purple finch? 

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from? 

10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane? 

Remember, you need only 4 correct answers to pass. Check your answers below .... 

ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ 
1) How long did the Hundred Years War last?                                                 116 years 
2) Which country makes Panama hats?                                                            Ecuador 
3) From which animal do we get cat gut?                                                        Sheep and Horses 
4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?            November 
5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?                                                         Squirrel fur 
6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?             Dogs 
7) What was King George VI's first name?                                                        Albert 
8) What color is a purple finch?                                                                          Crimson 
9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?                                                       New Zealand 
10) What is the color of the black box in a commercial airplane?               Orange (of course) 

What do you mean, you failed? 

(And if you try to tell me you passed, you LIED!) Pass this on to your brilliant friends.
My husband got 7 out of 10 I got only 5 out of ten.
I thought forsure Cat Gut came from Cats!  tinysure
Why aren't Panama Hats made in the Republic of Panama?  tinyok
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
So if I failed does that mean I'm not a senior or just stupid?

I am 65. I got one right.

Let's go with stupid!  tinysurprised
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(07-19-2020, 05:20 AM)Freija Wrote: So if I failed does that mean I'm not a senior or just stupid?

I am 65. I got one right.

Let's go with stupid!  tinysurprised

No, YOU are Wonderful and Bright and Just a Perfect Person  tinybigeyes
I scored a big fat zero, but in my defense, I have been drinking and think I just ate a cat stuffed with gooseberries wearing a Panama Jack's hat while brushing my beard with a dog. 

minusculebeercheers
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(07-19-2020, 06:27 AM)kdog Wrote: I scored a big fat zero, but in my defense, I have been drinking and think I just ate a cat stuffed with gooseberries wearing a Panama Jack's hat while brushing my beard with a dog. 

minusculebeercheers

At least the Gooseberries are good for your Blood Pressure and Diabetes and Memory  minusculebeercheers  The Cat, I don't know, fired or baked??  tinysurprised
I'd love to tell you I passed with flying colours...But Chinese gooseberries? Panama hats? What's going on
Lol
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
Oh great!

I thought I had two right but ended up with just one.

I want a refund..

*walks away kicking the hell out of the garbage can in the corner..
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
Well, I remember that it is called the hundred year war because it lasted over a hundred years.  I think it lasted around a hundred fifteen years

The canary islands were named after canines I think. 

I think that the chinese gooseberry is a kiwi from somewhere near australia if I remember right.

Panama Hats are from Some country in South America, but I do not think it was Panama, I remember that question many years ago being asked in a card game we used to play.

I have no clue why they call the purple finch purple, because it has three or four colors and I do not think that purple is one of them.  It could have purple on it somewhere for all I know though.

Cat gut is some sort of rope like stuff made from lots of different animals if I remember right, I do not know if they use actual cat guts.

I figured that all of these are not what they appear to be but I know about these ones. 

I like regular gooseberries, they look like grapes, I planted some in the yard.  I think those are European gooseberries, I only know about the relationship between Chinese gooseberries being kiwi because I grew up eating gooseberries planted in an apple orchard at my uncles and I planted them and had to research what they need to grow
I do not know if I got four right, maybe partly right, but I did not want to cheat and look things up either.
So, this is why everyone's so confused!   tinybighuh
What does the Participation Trophy look like for anyone who gets every question wrong?

tinycool
[Image: LoL.gif]
[Image: SIG-Aug-20-2022.png]
Thank God I'm not a senior. That could've been bad.
Well I got 4 right and learned that Chinese gooseberries are Kiwifruit  tinybighuh