Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Shamima begum wins court battle
The original story is pretty well known here in the UK...
[Image: unnamed.jpg]

...Begum and two pals – Kadiza Sultana and Amira Abase – ran away to Syria in February 2015.Begum used her elder sister’s passport to flee with her Bethnal Green Academy friends.The trio flew to Turkey and then crossed the border into Syria with the aid of smugglers.Within weeks of arriving, Shamima was married to Isis jihadi Yago Riedijk, 27, from Holland.They had two children who died from malnutrition and disease.The couple were separated as they fled Baghouz, the village where a few hundred Isis fighters were holed up in a desperate last stand.Shamima ended up in a Kurdish refugee camp where she gave birth to her third child.Eldest sister Renu revealed that her family had lost contact with her for the “longest time” until she was found by a Times journalist.
Her citizenship was revoked by the Home Office on security grounds after she was found in a refugee camp in 2019.
She has recently won a civil rights battle with the aid of Liberty https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...camp.html?

I find this unbelievable yet again that a bunch of do gooders at the expense of tax payers money can have a government decision overturned. How many terrorists have committed atrocities who have been KNOWN by MI5. I know there's the argument that she is young and naive. But let's face it she will say anything to get back to the UK . Maybe she will be put on trial if she does arrive back .On a lighter note a friend sent me this yesterday
[Image: received-205245330859988.jpg]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
Well, that is a slap in the face to loyal Britons.

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-17-2020, 08:06 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: ...Eldest sister Renu revealed that her family had lost contact with her for the “longest time” until she
was found by a Times journalist...

Which is very worrying. Begum is supposed to be from a working-class background and in any
other situation, I assure you that a Times Journalist wouldn't usually give a working-class regular
a nod in the desert.

Very troubling.
minusculethumbsup
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-17-2020, 08:10 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 08:06 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: ...Eldest sister Renu revealed that her family had lost contact with her for the “longest time” until she
was found by a Times journalist...

Which is very worrying. Begum is supposed to be from a working-class background and in any
other situation, I assure you that a Times Journalist wouldn't usually give a working-class regular
a nod in the desert.

Very troubling.
minusculethumbsup

It sure is pal. Something definitely fishy going on here. It opens the floodgates for other "Terrorists " errr I mean people to get to Britain
(07-17-2020, 08:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Well, that is a slap in the face to loyal Britons.

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers

Nothing surprises me here anymore.  I'm sure the USA would have none of this nonsense  minusculebonker
(07-17-2020, 08:18 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 08:09 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Well, that is a slap in the face to loyal Britons.

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers

Nothing surprises me here anymore.  I'm sure the USA would have none of this nonsense  minusculebonker

I'm going to wait and make sure Biden doesn't win before I comment on your last statement.   :smallundecided:
(07-17-2020, 10:21 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote:

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers

I'm going to wait and make sure Biden doesn't win before I comment on your last statement.   :smallundecided:

Dont know much about Biden. Except hes a weird hair sniffing dude. You think he could win the next election? I must admit I'm a trump fan minusculebonker

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers

Doc, I wish it were that clear-cut.  The USA has a boatload of activist judges who distort the law to align with their ideological outlooks.

Cheers

Regarding the Times Journalist -Anthony Lloyd, who 'found' Shamima Begum in the Syrian camp...

Quote:'...Loyd married Lady Sophia Hamilton, daughter of 5th Duke of Abercorn in 2002 at Baronscourt,
the Duke's 5,500 acre (22 km²) ancestral estate, near Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.

They were divorced in 2005, on an amicable basis, occasioned by Loyd's frequent absences
reporting on wars. He remarried again in 2007 and is now based in Devon with his wife, daughter
and stepdaughter...'
Wikipedia:

Predominantly seen as a war correspondent and with that type of background, any of the old-timers here
want to guess who he really works for?
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
(07-18-2020, 07:20 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote:

(thumbs DOWN)

Cheers

Doc, I wish it were that clear-cut.  The USA has a boatload of activist judges who distort the law to align with their ideological outlooks.

Cheers

Yes i can imagine. I find it amazing how a terrorist with no money can win a high court battle against the government. And prob get a slap on the wrist if she ever does eventually get to court  minusculechairshot
Doc, yeah, and if you tried such a thing, the system there would lock you away forever.  Not cricket, as people in your country (used to?) say.

Cheers

The U.K. getting low on terrorists or something, that they have to re-import defective traitors?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-18-2020, 08:45 AM)BIAD Wrote: Regarding the Times Journalist -Anthony Lloyd, who 'found' Shamima Begum in the Syrian camp...

Quote:'...Loyd married Lady Sophia Hamilton, daughter of 5th Duke of Abercorn in 2002 at Baronscourt,
the Duke's 5,500 acre (22 km²) ancestral estate, near Omagh, County Tyrone, Northern Ireland.

They were divorced in 2005, on an amicable basis, occasioned by Loyd's frequent absences
reporting on wars. He remarried again in 2007 and is now based in Devon with his wife, daughter
and stepdaughter...'
Wikipedia:

Predominantly seen as a war correspondent and with that type of background, any of the old-timers here
want to guess who he really works for?
tinywondering
Just had a quick look on the internet. Hes been about a bit. Bosnia, Afghanistan, Syria. And a Eton education. A lucky find minusculebiggrin????
Not too hard to see who is controlling the UK, Stalin would be so proud of his children