Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Meet Spot
[Image: 20200715-130742.jpg]

My neighbor just presented me with my new PC, porch cat.

Spot came with the name, but it will likely be changed to something else, after I get to know his personality more. 

Spot was to have another owner but he doesnt like a lot of holding and attention, so the previous owner couldn't bond with him, the way she wanted. So once again, I end up with the reject.

He should fit in just fine.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-15-2020, 06:33 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: [Image: 20200715-130742.jpg]

My neighbor just presented me with my new PC, porch cat.

Spot came with the name, but it will likely be changed to something else, after I get to know his personality more. 

Spot was to have another owner but he doesnt like a lot of holding and attention, so the previous owner couldn't bond with him, the way she wanted. So once again, I end up with the reject.

He should fit in just fine.

Nice looking cat, I'm pretty sure when I'm older I'll be the neighborhood crazy cat guy who brings in all the strays.  I love cats, such amazing creatures.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
Looks like a perfect little predator!

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

He's beautiful.   I'm sure you'll provide him with the happy home he deserves.

I used to have cats that looked similar to that one, but they all disappeared one by one. They were feral, but came to my porch to eat. Never let me get near them. I felt responsible to feed them because they came from a litter that started out here.
I only have two cats now. One left from the outside feral cats (got her inside before she met the same fate as the others), and a yellow stray that ended up in my back yard. He was already tame.
I find it strange that those cats stayed outside for two years with no problems, but as soon as I started trapping them and got them spayed/neutered they started disappearing. I've always wondered if that had anything to do with it. minusculethinking

I've gotten the feral cat used to me enough that she lets me pet her now; rubs up against my legs, but she won't come out of the bedroom because she's afraid of the male cat.

Maybe someday. 

Enjoy your new furry friend. Maybe he'll come around after he gets used to you.
Beautiful

minusculebeercheers
(07-15-2020, 06:54 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: He's beautiful.   I'm sure you'll provide him with the happy home he deserves.

I used to have cats that looked similar to that one, but they all disappeared one by one. They were feral, but came to my porch to eat. Never let me get near them. I felt responsible to feed them because they came from a litter that started out here.
I only have two cats now. One left from the outside feral cats (got her inside before she met the same fate as the others), and a yellow stray that ended up in my back yard. He was already tame.
I find it strange that those cats stayed outside for two years with no problems, but as soon as I started trapping them and got them spayed/neutered they started disappearing. I've always wondered if that had anything to do with it. minusculethinking  

I've gotten the feral cat used to me enough that she lets me pet her now; rubs up against my legs, but she won't come out of the bedroom because she's afraid of the male cat.

Maybe someday. 

Enjoy your new furry friend. Maybe he'll come around after he gets used to you.

My Laz was feral when I first rescued him, but that lasted all of six seconds after he walked into the house. He made the house his, and he was king of the home from his arrival.

We had a rule regarding Lazarus to all folk that visited. We would warn them,
Lazarus will let you pet him once with no problem.
If you are extremely lucky, he will let you pet him a second time.
If you attempt to pet Lazarus a third, expect a trip to the emergency room.

He was an extremely loving cat, when "he" wanted to be loving. He would climb in your lap, when he wanted attention, he was extremely protective and in all of his 21 years with us, he always came on command and responded to his name. I swear he was more like a dog in his behavior than cat.
So I don't have a problem with cats that don't like to be held or petted. Lazarus trained me well.

Pic of Laz playing with the pups, that aren't pups anymore.

[Image: Laz-with-pups-2.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

Spot is no more. He is now Enoch.

The dogs love him. I think they miss Lazarus. But Enoch is not playing nice yet.

I think four are a bit much to get used to at one time, along with a new space. 

Oh! And guess what! He was rejected because he wasn't a cuddler, and didn't want to be held. Guess who wants to follow you, rub against you, and jump in your lap. He is even already responding to his real name.

I am not going to tell my neighbor just yet. The previous owner might try to take him back.

[Image: 20200716-154904.jpg]

While waiting for the pic to upload, I called Enoch to come, five different times, and he came. Even climbed up around my neck and laid there like a boa.

I think I have a cuddler. Guess it was meant to be.

[Image: 20200716-161242.jpg]

• minusculebeercheers 

Enoch did great om his first walk

[Image: Walk-with-Enoch.jpg]

It turns out he is full of energy and wants to play all the time. He has my Mother so engaged that it is hilarious to watch them together. He was sitting in the crook of my Mom's arm this morning while she did her Bible studies.

Lazarus used to sleep at my Mom's feet, for over 21 years. Guess who slept where last night.

I am seriously beginning to think that Enoch is channeling Laz. 

[Image: Enoch-on-Mom-s-Bed-2.jpg]

Guess not just his name has changed. Looks like his PC status has changed as well. minusculebiggrin

• minusculebeercheers 

Looks like he is thrilled to have a chance to be a house cat.  He will be a great animal for you.

Cheers
[Image: 14sigsepia.jpg]

(07-16-2020, 09:20 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Spot is no more. He is now Enoch.

The dogs love him. I think they miss Lazarus. But Enoch is not playing nice yet.

I think four are a bit much to get used to at one time, along with a new space. 

Oh! And guess what! He was rejected because he wasn't a cuddler, and didn't want to be held. Guess who wants to follow you, rub against you, and jump in your lap. He is even already responding to his real name.

I am not going to tell my neighbor just yet. The previous owner might try to take him back.

[Image: 20200716-154904.jpg]

While waiting for the pic to upload, I called Enoch to come, five different times, and he came. Even climbed up around my neck and laid there like a boa.

I think I have a cuddler. Guess it was meant to be.

[Image: 20200716-161242.jpg]

It's definitely a personality thing. Cats either like someone, or they don't. Guess he didn't like the previous owner.

I've had cats all my life, and every one of them had their own personality, even the feral ones.  I had to learn how to interact with each of them.
I've only come across two cats in my entire life that I really didn't like. They were just straight up evil. One was my friend's cat. You could just walk past him and he'd rip you open with his sharp claws.
The other was a black cat outside; one of the feral ones. I could just feel his hate for me. I wasn't all that upset when he disappeared. Don't get me wrong, I love black cats the same as all others, but it's like humans. You aren't going to "connect" with all of them.
I swear he so reminds me of Laz. He just made the house his. He has claimed us as his. My neighbor said he never responded to his name when he had him. He said maybe he just didn't like the name Spot.

Even if he is hidden somewhere, all my Mom or I have to say is, "Enoch, where are you?", and he comes running.

Now if he jumps in the tub with us, then I am really going to start thinking Lazarus reincarnated. Lazarus loved the water. You had to lock him out of the bathroom when you took a shower or a bath because he insisted on sharing the tub and the shower with you.

• minusculebeercheers