Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK US to ban tik tok?
Hopefully. Have you seen this crap app lol.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-5340...ban-tiktok

As quoted in the link 
More than 800 million people around the world use the social media short-video app TikTok.

But some governments around the world are concerned that the Chinese-owned app allows the Chinese government to access people's data.

India has already banned use of the app for this reason.Peter Navarro, an adviser to the president, said in an interview with Fox News on Sunday that he expects President Trump will take “strong action” against TikTok 
.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverg...itical-ads. Loads of young people just download apps and dont think about things like spying. Maybe it's just a silly dancing app. But ya never know minusculebonker
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8031]
Been on Tik Tok a little more than a couple of months now to see what it's like. At first, I saw some pretty funny videos and yes, a LOT of dancing people.

Lately, what I've seen on there is more...savage? Like dogs being eaten alive by crocodiles, snakes biting people, cars hitting all types of animals, live, and some pretty gruesome and disturbing videos of all kinds of different things.

It clearly isn't regulated or very little. No warnings on what people should not be able to see if they didn't want to. But I guess it's an adrenaline kicker for a lot of users.

Not impressed.

Edit to add: Couldn't care less if they banned it.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
I was hoping someone would bring this to everyone's attention.  Thank you. 

I've heard more than one person talking about how dangerous the Tik Tok app is from the people I watch for my information.
I don't use my phone for the internet, so I don't have it. My desktop is the only thing I use when I get online. I don't even know if apps work on a desktop; never been too interested to find out.

All the people I've heard talking about it say to get rid of it immediately, so I guess that's all I can tell you.
(07-15-2020, 04:44 PM)Sol Wrote: Been on Tik Tok a little more than a couple of months now to see what it's like. At first, I saw some pretty funny videos and yes, a LOT of dancing people.

Lately, what I've seen on there is more...savage? Like dogs being eaten alive by crocodiles, snakes biting people, cars hitting all types of animals, live, and some pretty gruesome and disturbing videos of all kinds of different things.

It clearly isn't regulated or very little. No warnings on what people should not be able to see if they didn't want to. But I guess it's an adrenaline kicker for a lot of users.

Not impressed.

Edit to add: Couldn't care less if they banned it.

I dont have it personally but the step daughters have it. And you're exactly right. Got more gruesome over the month's.  Saw a dead man being cut out of a snake!. Used to be idiots dancing to crap music!. They can ban it for me too. Would be a good disguise for a data collection 
(07-15-2020, 04:52 PM)Mystic Wanderer Wrote: I was hoping someone would bring this to everyone's attention.  Thank you. 

I've heard more than one person talking about how dangerous the Tik Tok app is from the people I watch for my information.
I don't use my phone for the internet, so I don't have it. My desktop is the only thing I use when I get online. I don't even know if apps work on a desktop; never been too interested to find out.

All the people I've heard talking about it say to get rid of it immediately, so I guess that's all I can tell you.

Yes would advise the same for everyone who has it......Delete it now minusculebonker
Well, I did delete it. Not because it would be tracking me, heck, I'm sure Google does 100X more, but because it's meh.

Meh.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~
India banned and came out with their own Tik Tik.. I joke not.. I am glad countries are waking up to China's dastardly deeds !!
(07-15-2020, 08:56 PM)727Sky Wrote: India banned and came out with their own Tik Tik.. I joke not.. I am glad countries are waking up to China's dastardly deeds !!

And there's this:

Quote:"...The UK's decision to ban Huawei's 5G kits from use in mobile networks and to also stop using its
equipment in full-fibre broadband networks is not without consequence for the country's internet users..."
BBC:
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I've heard the name, but have no idea what is is or does.

I have to wonder - if it's CCP controlled, is there perhaps a rhyme and reason for the fact that it is getting more gruesome as time goes on? Might they be data mining reactions to the gore in target countries to gauge responses for use in future operations?

With everything going on in the world right now, and the fact that most of it, like the Wuhan virus and all the repercussions of it's release that we have seen, it would not surprise me to find the CCP is planning more attacks, and doing research through it to measure likely responses to them.

Considering that America has the First Amendment, I'm not sure how they could outright ban it, but it would certainly be prudent to put the word out far and wide, and let the citizens decide on their own poisons by informing their decisions as to the dangers involved.

I've never been one to do other folks' thinking for them, or make their decisions for them.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-15-2020, 04:05 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Hopefully. Have you seen this crap app lol.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-5340...ban-tiktok

As quoted in the link 
More than 800 million people around the world use the social media short-video app TikTok.

But some governments around the world are concerned that the Chinese-owned app allows the Chinese government to access people's data.

India has already banned use of the app for this reason.Peter Navarro, an adviser to the president, said in an interview with Fox News on Sunday that he expects President Trump will take “strong action” against TikTok 
.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverg...itical-ads. Loads of young people just download apps and dont think about things like spying. Maybe it's just a silly dancing app. But ya never know minusculebonker

Most of the people I know like looking at Tik Tok. There are some funny things they send me, but I can't stand the app. I've never had it either so I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.
The Goonies R good enough
(07-15-2020, 08:56 PM)727Sky Wrote: India banned and came out with their own Tik Tik.. I joke not.. I am glad countries are waking up to China's dastardly deeds !!

No surprise there. Those two are on the brink of WWIII...
(07-15-2020, 09:21 PM)BIAD Wrote:

And there's this:

Quote:"...The UK's decision to ban Huawei's 5G kits from use in mobile networks and to also stop using its
equipment in full-fibre broadband networks is not without consequence for the country's internet users..."
BBC:

It certainly took a while for our government to stop Huawei in their tracks. Think it's the right decision though. Wtf do we need Chinese to make up our network anyway. A strange one  minusculebonker
(07-15-2020, 10:02 PM)LSU2018 Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 04:05 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Hopefully. Have you seen this crap app lol.https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-5340...ban-tiktok

As quoted in the link 

Most of the people I know like looking at Tik Tok. There are some funny things they send me, but I can't stand the app. I've never had it either so I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

I've seen it a few times from others showing me.  But just not keen on it at all. It can get lost for me too lol. Far to much chinese influences these days for my liking in many important areas
My job prevents me from using apps on my phone. 

I loved my flip phone and had it for years, until my job needed to have a higher level of access to me while I am working. The need for them to send and process documents in near real time, made it necessary for me to switch to a more advanced phone.

This same job makes me highly vulnerable to apps, so I am unable to use any app the fire wall considers unstable or risky.  I don't have any apps on my phone, except what is required for the job.

I have never seen a Tick Tock video, except from a meme or included in a video, or embedded in a post. I don't do Twitter or Facebook. I don't do Instagram, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Snap Chat, or any of the others, but I do deal with victims on a regular basis that have fallen victim to the illegal activities that commonly take place on those apps.

Parents really need to be more aware of what they are placing in the hands of their children. Nothing on the internet is innocent. unless you control it.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-15-2020, 09:38 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I've heard the name, but have no idea what is is or does.

I have to wonder - if it's CCP controlled, is there perhaps a rhyme and reason for the fact that it is getting more gruesome as time goes on? Might they be data mining reactions to the gore in target countries to gauge responses for use in future operations?

With everything going on in the world right now, and the fact that most of it, like the Wuhan virus and all the repercussions of it's release that we have seen, it would not surprise me to find the CCP is planning more attacks, and doing research through it to measure likely responses to them.

Considering that America has the First Amendment, I'm not sure how they could outright ban it, but it would certainly be prudent to put the word out far and wide, and let the citizens decide on their own poisons by informing their decisions as to the dangers involved.

I've never been one to do other folks' thinking for them, or make their decisions for them.

I'm sure it's like Google or facebook. That when you mention or talk about certain products or things , Next thing they pop up!. In other words probably researching the user. Trouble is people are that brainwashed with smartphones these days. If you told them it was a Chinese spy programme that could potentially harm homeland security. They would still use it!. The world we live in just gets crazier
(07-15-2020, 10:24 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: I've seen it a few times from others showing me.  But just not keen on it at all. It can get lost for me too lol. Far to much chinese influences these days for my liking in many important areas

Tik Tok is one of those "no thanks, no time" things for me...
(07-15-2020, 10:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: My job prevents me from using apps on my phone. 

I loved my flip phone and had it for years, until my job needed to have a higher level of access to me while I am working. The need for them to send and process documents in near real time, made it necessary for me to switch to a more advanced phone.

This same job makes me highly vulnerable to apps, so I am unable to use any app the fire wall considers unstable or risky.  I don't have any apps on my phone, except what is required for the job.

I have never seen a Tick Tock video, except from a meme or included in a video, or embedded in a post. I don't do Twitter or Facebook. I don't do Instagram, Tinder, Plenty of Fish, Snap Chat, or any of the others, but I do deal with victims on a regular basis that have fallen victim to the illegal activities that commonly take place on those apps.

Parents really need to be more aware of what they are placing in the hands of their children. Nothing on the internet is innocent. unless you control it.
Very wise not using apps to be honest Nightsky. I agree parents do need to take more responsibility and awareness of what there children do on the smartphones. Trouble is a lot of parents dont mind the children on them all the time, As it keeps them quiet and occupied! Thus making the parents lives easier! I know of drug dealers adding people on Snapchat here to try and boost trade for them. These apps are downloaded millions of times and virtually non policed too. A real shame
(07-15-2020, 10:40 PM)TheDoctor46 Wrote: Very wise not using apps to be honest Nightsky. I agree parents do need to take more responsibility and awareness of what there children do on the smartphones. Trouble is a lot of parents dont mind the children on them all the time, As it keeps them quiet and occupied! Thus making the parents lives easier! I know of drug dealers adding people on Snapchat here to try and boost trade for them. These apps are downloaded millions of times and virtually non policed too. A real shame

I once had a parent tell me she could not take the cell phone away from her child because there would be no peace or quiet in her house if she took the phone away.

I asked her how much peace and quiet was in her house now that her child was no longer there, after falling victim to the con played on her by criminal agents on the internet.

Of course it was way too late for them to have taken control of the child's cell and use.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers